Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] High Quality (Quinineth, Guarath & Riders)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:22 pm
There had never been a dragon quite as beautiful or perfect as Quinineth and no matter how many times he saw fit to inform Etansi that it was because he was Her bonded that she felt so, the teenager would never change her tune. When other weyrlings bragged about their beautiful dragons she rumbled and ran her hand down the small white's neck or held onto one of his head knobs in the interest of keeping her tongue held tight, because she knew he was the best. One among the group was actually quite the vocal dragon as well in regards to the perfection, quite a few of the greens were in fact.

You must not be so actively irritated by them Mine, they're quite beautiful after all and quite right to brag if they wish to. Besides, they can often pick up on that. Quinineth instead would tip his wings to his sisters serenely and politely, always with a kind word and compliment ready to to offer them.

Uttering a sigh, Etansi rumbled mentally to him but arranged her face so that it was quiet and calm, glancing down at the green that Quinineth was approaching. She crossed her arms and leaned back to watch curiously. It had been a few months that they'd all been training and learning together, it was Quin that told her they needed to begin making more friends and of course he chose a harder one. But he was very eloquent and she knew he could do it if he focused on it well enough, she glanced up towards the green's rider and nodded her head quietly.

The little white dragon tipped his head and spread his wings in a bow to his sister Guarath. Hello beautiful sister, please ignore the still growing skills of Mine's social proclivities, she hasn't quite grasped every nuance to being polite and welcoming. Yet. Quinineth's eyes glowed blues and greens of sincere delight at talking to his refined sister. He had a mind to stroke the green's ego just a bit in the interest of teaching Etansi about social graces but he also remembered the temper that had been displayed more than once in their time together and didn't wish to upset Guarath too much.

In his opinion she was certainly worth the time to speak to after all and her rider seemed very nice.

Zaikt
Etansi's still kinda rough around the edges sooo... have fun. XD lol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:24 pm
Lyfrocier was not a nervous man by any accounts. Even when Guarath had been going on the warpath on the Sands before she'd Impressed, he'd proven himself to be surprisingly unflappable, simply holding his ground or staying out of the way as was proven necessary by the little Green's fury. He'd noticed the first signs of such feelings as soon as Etansi had come into view, the sparse curls of orange flickering across Guarath's eyes in response to the other weyrling's emotions--really? She dared to presume such things in her presence? Interesting. Very, very interesting. How could Quinineth--while certainly a fine young dragon in his own right, to be sure--be perfect when she herself was right here, standing glorious before them all? Preposterous! She huffed, tossing her head a touch to better stare down this Etansi with all the fierceness of...well, a rather small Green hatchling. Just who did she think she was?

No, Lyf was not an anxious person. At this particular moment, however, he felt the first stirrings of concern in his chest, the prequel to an alarm bell yet to sound.

"Etansi." he rumbled, not a drop of malice in his tone. As always, he was cool and collected, arms folded behind his back and standing as straight as a board. He was waiting for any further signs of irritation from his darling Guarath, although she calmed quickly as soon as Quinineth addressed her directly. The only sign of relief he gave was the slightest exhale, soft and nigh imperceptible. "Good afternoon to you as well, Quinineth. I hope the two of you have been faring well today...?"

Guarath, however, was not paying much more attention to Etansi at the moment. Although His certainly had some work to do yet, Quinineth himself was never anything short of proper, and Guarath could always appreciate his social poise. The compliments he so quickly laid at her feet didn't hurt, either.
Quin, darling! Lovely to see you. And really, it was! He was so well-mannered. Now if only Etansi could learn something from him. Fret not, my dear brother. I can't hold that against you of all people, now can I? She gave a soft laugh, an equally quiet croon escaping her to match. There were still the faintest prickles of irritation radiating from her, unsurprisingly, but it at least seemed that her anger had been assuaged--for now.

Hattaki
[dinkelberg voice] etansi

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:57 am
"Lyfrocier." Etansi was being pushed slightly by the little white, conversation was the only way that she would become better at it. 'Adapt' she'd been told by everyone in her life, by Ma Loa, her brother, and now her dragon had implied that she needed to adapt once more since she was taking on an entirely new role as a dragonrider in a Weyr, no longer a candidate. It had been a few months now but she was still uncertain as to what the new role was going to mean and apparently it meant that she needed to adapt in ways she hadn't expected.

Casting a glance back and forth between the two small dragons who had begun to talk and the tall, tall, seriously where did they make men that tall TALL man, Etansi ate a sigh so that none around her heard it and tilted her head backwards so she could see above the center of Lyfrocier's chest. "I need practice... it seems. Quinineth tells me to 'adapt' to it but I still offend everyone." That had her chuckle and with her gravely voice that grated like rocks it sounded almost animalistic. "He's better at this."

Indeed he was and that was hardly a stretch as he swept one of his overly large white wings to affect a bow towards Guarath's chosen by way of greeting. Never let it be said that he wasn't polite and mindful, Quinineth turned his attention fully back to his green sister and soaked in her words. His eyes never shifted in color but he did accept the prickling irritation that was still right at the back of her words, her tone. It might take a bit more flattery or soothing to ease that fully away and he was up to the task of seeing her relaxed.

Or so he hoped at least.

Rest assured there is work to be done in spades but there is a diamond beneath all that rough. He could still remember the awkward candidate that had touched his shell and spent her time tracing it's design as she'd asked him a question, was it then that he'd noticed what lay within her? Or was it when she was on the sands doing her best? Yours seems to not need quite as much buffing, indeed he's rather diplomatic in his approach and that's refreshing. Of course he would prefer Etansi's stumbling earnestness to any full on diplomatic ways but that was his preference and his sister had chosen an interesting specimen. None of this even gave a wave of feeling off of him, for the white could keep things close to the cuff when he needed to.

Ah but forgive my self interests, dear one, I came to speak of you and your doings for the day with selfish intent. To butt my white nose into them as it were in the interest both of teaching one and entertaining another. For this invasion he bowed and offered his most sincere posture and color of apology.

Zaikt
I get the feeling quite a few people will say it that way before she learns. XD Bwahaha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:58 pm
Maybe someone else might have laughed at the way Etansi had to crane her neck just to get a better look at Lyf's face--truth be told, although he remained silent, he couldn't help but find it a bit amusing regardless. Quinineth's bow was returned with a short one of his own--let it never be said that Lyfrocier did not know his manners. He let her talk, waiting patiently and making quiet notes all the while; she sounded almost as if she hadn't talked much in a while, but that could be for a number of reasons. She claimed she wasn't very good at socializing, and cited her White as her motivation for seeking him out. That hardly surprised him, either--personal connections weren't always the easiest things to attain, and if you weren't already used to being sociable, things could get awkward quite fast.
However, fortunately for Etansi, Lyfrocier himself was already well acquainted with just what to do. They'd been in enough classes together by this point to where he thought he might have a half decent read on Etansi as a person, and he was already drafting something of a battle plan in preparation.
"If only we could all be born as adept as he is." He offered the smallest hint of a smile, genuine despite its subtlety. "Nobody's that lucky, though. It just takes getting used to, in my experience." And a few friends, but that much went unsaid. He hadn't exactly picked up many of those himself. "Is life here a big change for you? Compared to where you were before, at least. It's somewhat of a culture shock, in my own experience."

I can't imagine you'd have chosen poorly. All the same, she paused, looking Etansi over as the gears turned in her head. What did he see in her? Surely there was something--some hidden potential buried underneath that...exterior, just waiting to be chiseled out by his sensible efforts. She realized a few seconds later that she had been staring perhaps a touch too sharply, although not a hint of red was to be had in her eyes. Burning curiosity had overtaken her earlier frustration instead; now, she wanted to know what Quinineth's aim was with this girl.
My apologies for the distraction. Guarath was quick to fall back into conversation, however, and it became clear just as quickly that she likely had no plans to explain those long moments of consideration. Your attentions are hardly selfish, however! I would never decline your company. Not to mention that I'm quite sure Mine could do with the socialization as well. She stood up just a bit straighter at mention of Hers, practically glowing with pride. He tends to keep to himself, I'm afraid. But we're making progress on that, at least.

Hattaki
the mortifying ordeal of being known. lyf understands

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • That One Hero 500

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:11 am
There was something to be said for someone that simply listened when another talked, let them string out all their thoughts before responding. Because she was so quiet and antisocial most people she attempted to talk to would barrel over her as fast as they could, offering out their thoughts and ways that she could improve herself even if she'd never asked for them. Lyfrocier on the other hand was content for her to talk at first, either that or he was simply listening to her voice and making assumptions, there was no way for her to tell given she couldn't read people's thoughts.

Etansi was much better with actions and moods than she was with thoughts, it came in hand with her feral side that had needed to read such things to stay alive. Quietly she mulled over actually telling another soul of her past, how different and cruel it could be compared to the delicate tightrope walk that was Western Weyr with all it's duties and diplomacy. If she so much as said the wrong thing sometimes she was afraid she'd be reprimanded and there'd been a time she'd fully believed she would be tossed bodily from the entire Weyr itself.

"Quin's wonderful, it'd be hard to find someone else so good at it, but he's trying to teach me." Etansi roughly rumbled out, trying her best to take the edge off what she knew was a naturally aggressive sounding voice by cracking a crooked grin. "Weyr life is much different than how I grew up, only had my twin brother and I to look out for, not the reputation of a whole place. Not even our reputation, really, just survival. Did you come from a Hold?"

Bit more delicacy than that might be in order, dear. Quinineth didn't chide his bonded rider so much as gently push her bluntness down. While some found blunt to be endearing, others might take offense and he'd do anything to keep her from being frowned at, especially since she took every mistake and failure so hard.

It had actually been the moment that Guarath had been peering at His that gave him the moment to do so in the first place, but as he turned his attention back to his sister he tilted his head just a bit and watched the green's attention. You need not apologize at all, in fact sometimes an outside perspective helps in these areas. Where one might see something to work with another's sharp eyes can catch things anew. The little white looked over towards Lyfrocier as he conversed with Etansi and the blues in his eyes brightened, he'd noticed the change in posture his sister had affected at the mention of Hers and he had to admit she was right to be so.

Anyone that was gentle with His was a gem in his book. I could see why you would want to work on that, his manners are splendid and would be wasted entirely should he keep to himself. Indeed, I believe the two of them talking will do each some good. He turned back to his sister with a grin.

Zaikt
Haha, they can sit in that same boat together with how well known Etansi is unfortunately. Hide from the world.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:29 am
"You have an excellent teacher, then. I'm sure he'll take fine care of you." He could understand that draconic drive to better Theirs--Guarath wasn't immune to it, either, and he was currently still on the receiving end of it. Having a dragon to help push you toward being a better version of yourself did tend to be quite an effective spur for such things, as he'd come to realize. Since Impressing, he'd noticed a few small differences in himself, and he had no doubt as to where they'd come from.
She continued, and--ah, so he'd been...somewhat correct, he figured. Lyf gave a small nod of acknowledgment as Etansi finished explaining herself, watching as she did her best to work through getting the meaning right. She wasn't a bad one, as far as he could tell. Inexperienced and perhaps a bit out of her depth, but thus far, palatable enough.

Her question, however, gave him pause. Idly, he wondered if this was her first time speaking to anyone of status--although he couldn't say he had much of that anymore, since he'd ran off to become a dragonrider. Not only that, he'd lied in order to do that, hadn't he. Hm. That particular bombshell was one he had yet to attend to, and now was absolutely not the time to go prodding at it. For the moment, Lyfrocier decided to keep that card a bit close to his chest so as to not overwhelm her so quickly; talking to people in general seemed like it wasn't much her game, and throwing in the arcane social rules of 'polite' society wouldn't do her any favors on top of that.
"Yes. A minor one, a bit outside Western--the hold, that is. Hardly had much reason to come to the Weyr a few months ago." For once, there was clear amusement in his tone, although the rest of his body language stayed just as stoic as it always was--it hadn't dawned on him that he might be sending Etansi some mixed signals. "Now, it looks like I'll be needing a good reason to leave. That is, if the weyrlingmasters ever let us out."
Was that a joke, really? He had intended it to be humorous, particularly given the fact that he was in a decent mood, but he hadn't quite decided whether or not it really was. Etansi could probably figure it out, though--even rough around the edges as she may have been, surely she could tell by the...utter lack of expression on his face. Excellent work, Lyfrocier.

He really is something. Guarath herself was practically beaming, eyes whirling purple with near-reckless abandon. She had known exactly who she wanted, of course! There had just been some difficulties along the way, but it had all worked out in the end, hadn't it? Even so, she took a moment to speak directly to Quinineth, albeit somewhat gingerly-- Truly, I hope this will help the both of them. And perhaps if it does, everyone else can appreciate them as we do, hm? Maybe this level of privacy was a touch rude, but it felt necessary. She didn't want to unnerve Lyfrocier by implying he was anything less than Hers, but seeing as he was actually getting along with Etansi at the moment, interrupting seemed all the worse. Does...Yours have many friends? Though I suppose the weyrlings are all at least acquaintances with each other now that they've found our siblings.
She was doing her best to be tactful, desperately hoping to avoid stepping on her brother's toes with any wrong comments. Guarath had done what she could to bite down on her words, particularly in reference to Etansi, but the mixture of pride and love currently rolling through her hearts was heady enough to handle most of the work for her.

Hattaki
welcome to the 'Comedy' Hour with lyf trying to be funny but failing to grasp the concept

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • That One Hero 500

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:46 pm
Very faintly her eyes narrowed at his pause, at Quinineth's gentle bidding that eased instantly, only a flash of an expression that questioned what Lyfrocier could have been mulling over. Etansi might have been a person more moved by physical and literal actions and behaviors but she was smarter than most had ever given her credit for and she learned quite quickly when pressed to do so. Now wasn't the moment for her to soak in any information other than what he was willing to offer though, but the teen didn't miss that his body language spoke differently than his words and she had to wonder if she'd offended him or angered him with how stiff he was. If only to try and put him a bit more at ease she relaxed her own and brought her arms down onto her thighs, her shoulders rolling just a little bit as she tried to force her body to relax around someone that wasn't her brother or her dragon.

That had gotten easier over the turns she'd been at the Weyr at least.

"Quinineth wants to take care of everyone, he's very good at it." At this Etansi's smile even became a little more relaxed for she wanted to take care of those she cared most about as well, and the weyr had become somewhat encompassing of those feelings, now that she was a rider and would be fighting thread. Though not as high as Lyfrocier and his Guarath might, given she would be in the lower wings forever. "It's good to have someone to care for and be cared for with. I didn't have that for a while after I came here, my brother Impressed right away and we were separated a bit. But... "

Not for the first time she wished she were more diplomatic and wasn't so clumsy. Her hand reached up to ruffle her newly chopped hair nervously, as if it would hide her stumble. Clearing her throat she added, "Could leave eventually to see your family again, right? Not for long but for a free day?" Not for the first time she wondered what it would be like to have a family to visit.

My dearest sister, you chose perfectly, as you already know. Quinineth matched the purples of her eyes with his own and a very quiet trill left him thinking of the moment he'd met his own perfection out there. Even if she'd been a bit infatuated with his shell at their first meeting. Any bit of socializing will help the both of them, though certainly Etansi needs quite a bit more of it than your diplomatic Lyfrocier. Time will tell how well endeared they'll be to those around them, but the right kinds will always find one another in the end and I believe there will be those that shall see the diamonds they are.

He tilted his head to look up at Etansi for a moment and felt a swell of pride and love fill him as she did force herself to relax as if it might help Lyfrocier do the same. There were things that she was learning. A few, less than I would wish for such an earnest heart to have. There was a slight thread of pain in his tone and a spark of yellow flashed and died instantly in his eyes as he spoke, settling back into blues and purples once more. We can do nothing for the pain they felt before but to be there for them now. As they grow as Weyrlings certainly they'll make more friends and grow even as we do and I wish it for them both, even if Yours has markedly less growth necessary for such a thing. He is a kind one. If quite tall and elegant, just wait until the two of you are together full grown, the picture you will cut. Shameless flattery on his part but it wasn't a lie.

Zaikt
Super late reply. Xx; Sorry.

Etansi's the master of not noticing comedy. lol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 4:19 am
He certainly noticed that shift in her mannerisms, his attention briefly torn between trying to suss out the reason for it and trying to keep the conversation alive--Lyfrocier had to admit, he was rather glad of the relatively low stakes at work here. It allowed him more peace of mind to work through it all properly instead of racing toward the best possible answer before things soured, mental gears steadily turning toward some inevitable conclusion. There wasn't anything important riding on this conversation, like the favor of someone of high status, and it was--nice, honestly. Lyf didn't feel quite as pressured here and now, and Etansi likely wasn't expecting much from him, either. Judging by her reaction, though, he still couldn't help but wonder if he'd perhaps said something a little less than charming earlier; that joke, if he had to guess. Hm. Or--could it be something else...?

"He'll grow into a full-fledged gentleman before you know it. Just you watch." Lyfrocier briefly glanced over at Quinineth, mustering a small smile for him. As far as Guarath's siblings went, he had to admit, the White was ranking rather high on the list. "I've thought about visiting, although that was mostly before the Hatching. I do wonder how they'd feel about...recent developments, however." This time, he's willing to be a little more open in the interest of testing the waters, letting the resulting grimace show through his composure. It was hardly Etansi's fault, but Lyfrocier couldn't quite shake the soft sense of dread at the thought of returning home all the same. Guarath picked up on it nigh instantly, straightening up as her eyes begin to show flashes of orange--that topic was one she already knew she didn't like.

If they have a problem with us, I'll handle it.
There's...not much point getting agitated about it here and now. To his credit, Lyfrocier seemed just as focused on Etansi as he'd been a few moments ago. Guarath shifted in place, barely suppressing a sharp huff.
Well-- No, but--the thought of it is awful.
We'll make do.

It takes Guarath another few moments to fully calm back down, although it's clear that she's not quite as relaxed as she'd been before; there's a little more tension in her posture, and a slight reddish tint to her eyes that appears to be fairly persistent.
Well. That aside. She shakes her head, a vague look of distaste on her face. I--meant no disrespect by asking that, of course. I simply...would like a better understanding of what he needs, you know? And that requires a bit of comparison with others. She'd gathered her information bit by bit through their lessons, but it wasn't quite enough to give her a confident answer. Guarath herself wasn't of the opinion that they really needed many close confidants, but...ultimately, she'd let that one slide if it would prove worthwhile for Hers. She just--wanted to be sure first. Perhaps we'd do well to ask someone like Haitanth or Tianxiath. They're both knowledgeable about this sort of thing.
It wasn't quite admitting to a personal failing if you were careful with your wording, as Guarath firmly decided. She would afford no appearances of anything less than confidence, and she'd already come too close to veering off-course with that as it was.

Hattaki
hey what's good here's A Really Late Tag i'm sorry ; v;/

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • That One Hero 500

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:45 am
As she'd already visibly relaxed herself there wasn't much that changed outwardly when internally she relaxed as well, a direct reaction to his compliment of Quinineth. Naturally she knew that some people were the type to compliment others and not fully mean it, especially with the stigmatism that seemed to exist towards white riders, even if it wasn't as evident in Western's ranks. They had a white wingleader for Faranth's sake. However anyone that complimented her tiny white gentle dragon was a good person in her eyes and she gave Lyfrocier another genuine smile. "Thanks, he's already a gentleman but he's a baby still too." It was with his influence that she was even able to speak in more confident full sentences with any sort of articulation, even if her rough voice often made the mark miss.

The way he spoke of his family however... Etansi tilted her head just a bit and watched the grimace cross his face slowly. A pang hit her ribs and seemed to bounce around for a moment. Maybe she'd stuffed her fist in her mouth when she'd mentioned his family, it wasn't as if she enjoyed talking about her mother or Ma Loa with people other than Erastan. Her teeth sunk into her lower lip gently as her mind raced over itself thinking of any way to rectify her slip. "Y'know... for what it's worth?" The teenager swallowed her nerves hard before she continued, electricity seeming to run through her as she risked possibly offending him, "Family's always been what I've made of it. I never... I never had much of one. So if your family doesn't think much of 'recent developments' then you could lean on Guarath?" She finally looked up from where she'd been watching her own twiddling thumbs and she made eye contact without flinching. "Who says family has to be blood? But maybe I'm just... that might be overstepping. Sorry. I've just made similar expressions when family comes up and it's..."

Well now she was just stammering because she was so far out of her own depth, stumbling over her own words as she tried to ease that grimace off his face. Etansi didn't often admit it to others but it didn't feel nice to see others upset in any way and she didn't know how to say that part out loud for fear of something she couldn't quite put words to.

Part of the little white dragon was fully watching Etansi's stumbling attempt to let the older man know she cared. It pained him slightly but it also filled him with respect that she was even trying when just mere weeks before she'd have been reserved with her opinions. Still, Quinineth's attention, though split as it always was naturally when it came to his rider, was fully upon Guarath in front of him. He stayed silent and watched the change in her posture, in the color that edged into her faceted eyes, letting her work through those emotions as she needed without any judgement or comment. When she chose to speak once more he lifted one of his wingclaws to his muzzle in thought, his large(for his small form) wing covered most of his body with the gesture, though what was behind it was subtle.

Perhaps he'd overstepped in his compliment, though he'd meant no disrespect with it. Both of their larger blue brothers were vanity incarnate, though in the best ways when it came to themselves and their riders, indeed they were quite the hoot to be around and Quinineth enjoyed the company of both. Together they might have been a bit much though, but they were wonderful and Guarath was right, they were knowledgeable about things involving friendship and garnering it. Especially Haitanth, his self confidence was beyond compare. He mulled on these thoughts for a few moments of utter silence before finally settling.

Forgive my meddling Guarath, I hadn't meant any offense by it, truly. These are concerns that are very valid, of course. Only you may know what he needs, for sometimes humans are reserved with their needs even to themselves. He tilted his head upwards to look at both Etansi and Lyfrocier. I think highly of them and believe that they just need connections and understanding. Even if it seems bumbling in cases such as Mine's or as elegant as Lyfrocier's, it is my honest belief that they can make friends and connections by being themselves.

He looked back at Guarath, yellows and whites dancing amidst a burning orange in his eyes. There are times where I wish I could give quite the talking to those that caused Etansi to be so balled up within herself, to be so hurt, but that is the past. I can do nothing to rectify the past but I can work for the future. The anger and concern washed from his eyes almost instantly, Should you or yours need anything, even if it just happens to be company, know that an invitation is always open sister. However you are quite correct, Haitanth and Tianxiath are very highly skilled with this sort of thing, whereas I am not. Quinineth offered her something like a chuckle and bowed his head for his rudeness to her feelings prior, to whatever it was that might have caused her tension and agitation, for it hadn't been his intent to have anything other than a lovely conversation with his sister.

Zaikt
Speaking of late. XD *Shakes her kids* They're so dumb I apologize.

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games