Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Light in the Dark (Samodith/Kleoth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:41 pm
Samodith had lost all sense of time. More often than not, she slept - was it sleep or unconsciousness? - and had no way of knowing how long it had been since she'd been hurt, or been laid low by this infection. What happened to and around her was hazy at best: Hers was there, much more often than not, and there were Healers, and visitors, but they had a way of blurring together. She couldn't even always say for sure which visits were real and which were figments of fever-dreams, though occasionally there were certain exchanges and visitations she did know couldn't possibly have happened, that were just hopeful fragments of things that could never be. Regardless, they had a way of fading before long, her grasp on them to tenuous to maintain.

Half-waking in the very early morning - or perhaps it was late evening, all she knew was that it was dark - she felt as though something was missing. She vaguely recalled beloved visitors, but when that had been or when they had left, she didn't know. Only Hers was near, curled up against her foreleg. It occurred to her that perhaps she should ask Andelath to send His to collect her and take her to a proper bed, but...her presence was a comfort Samodith wasn't ready to be without yet. Akaris was a vital tether who had helped to keep her from slipping away.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:42 am
Anakumath had informed her of Samodith's grave infection after a wound had turned, and the Western gold lamented that she was unable to visit in person to offer both comfort and sympathy. Even now, Kleoth found herself a little tongue-tied when she thought of the slender green. It was hard to pinpoint exactly why that was. Samodith exuded such confident and grace--it was a wonder she didn't have her entire Weyr wrapped around her claws...

Hesitant to bother, but unable to resist, Kleoth gingerly reached out. Samodith? Her words were soft, but warm. I pray I am not disturbing you from much needed rest. I heard of your injuries, and I was worried. Even the strongest dragon could succumb to infection, but Kleoth knew (she was unable to fathom any alternative) that Samodith would pull through. Still, that didn't mean it would be an easy battle, and she hated that all she could do was offer these gentle words.

Still. It was her hope that perhaps Samodith would find comfort in them. Kleoth would keep her in her thoughts.

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:54 am
Kleoth...? At the touch of a particular golden voice, well-remembered even in the fog that had so stubbornly settled over her, Samodith lifted her head, a deep blue banishing the gray from her eye. The magnificent Western gold wasn't here, of course, she knew that - or else she would very obviously have been dreaming - but the compulsion to look for her upon hearing her was still there. Ah, how long it seemed since she had visited Western for that hatching! Near to glowing, mere days from taking to the sky, and she hadn't been able to help but notice the glorious young Queen her sister had befriended. Perhaps it had had to do with how close she'd been to Rising, perhaps not, but rarely had she ever been so taken with anyone, let alone so quickly! She had enjoyed her company immensely, and had felt more like herself than she had in an age.

All those fond thoughts came swelling up, and the green thrummed faintly with pleasure and delight, even through the fog. You thought of me, she said after a long moment, a sigh of wistfulness in her tone. Her vanity was far from surprised - why shouldn't Kleoth think of her? - but given the track record of her own affections, the more vulnerable part of her bloomed with hope. Another time she might have cautioned herself against such a danger, but in her current state she would cling to even the tiniest scrap of good. To hear from you could never disturb me; gladly would I wake from the deepest sleep.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:25 am
There it was again--that brief flicker of nerves that always seemed to rear its head up whenever the green was concerned. Kleoth found herself waiting anxiously for the other dragon's reply, her claws flexing silently into the sand. Samodith's gracious reply was enough to have her relax, relieved not to have troubled her new acquaintance.

Of course I did. Kleoth's surprise was genuine. As soon as Anakumath told me...Your scars already spoke of your bravery and fighting spirit, but I-- I know you must be in the most capable hands. She changed the subject before her mind could traitorously offer anything but a happy ending. You're very kind. I wish that it would not make too much of a fuss if I came by to see you. Regret colored her words now, but there was nothing to be done. With luck, relations would continue, and perhaps she would be able to visit High Reaches during a hatching...

Are you in much pain? Kleoth asked quietly after a moment, hating the very thought. Still, it would be just another testament to Samodith's strength and resilience.

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:32 pm
The more Kleoth spoke, the more lucid Samodith became, clawing her way as near to full wakefulness as she could with every ounce of determination she could muster. If it made her more aware of the pain, so be it! The last thing she wanted was for all this to fade away into the dreams. To be so praised, so well thought of by someone whose esteem she so craved, however inexplicably given such a short acquaintance, was worth every moment. Especially with the same vicious thoughts that had gnawed at her after her previous injury, the knowledge that there were likely some - those most staunch and cruel of traditionalists - who might attribute two such grievous incidents in her first Turn as a Threadfighter to a lack of skill or focus, or who might even question the time and resources being put to keep a mere green among the living, there in the back of her mind, haunting her. Though she knew that the handful who thought that way were wrong, it still riled her to know that they did. She was, perhaps, a touch more sensitive to her status as a green of High Reaches than she had once been, after what she had put her hearts through.

If my scars spoke of such before, I wonder what they would say now, if you could see them, the green wondered with a hint of humor. Though in the long term, this injury would have less of an impact on her life going forward than losing her eye had, the scars would certainly be tremendous. At least she knew that she would wear them well. Ah, if only such visits were simpler, though I would almost like to see such a fuss. To cause it! An injured green visited by a foreign gold! Though of course it was only pleasing to imagine; the fallout simply wouldn't be worth it.

The pain is not quite so bad as it was. I am well-tended, and they do their best to keep me comfortable.

Tsunake

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff