[PRP] Days Passing By [Khamaith + Guarath]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:58 pm
The summer was waning, and though she would miss the hot summer days, she found herself sunning less and less -- though it was more to watch her children in the weyrbowl. Exercises and chores, and it was only a short couple turns ago when she and half her clutchmates had been doing the same. And now, it was her own children that were doing chores, bonding with one another and their riders… Khamaith was still as smitten as she had been as when she’d taken her first real look at those gleaming shells.

And yet she can’t help but sit very gently, peering at the weyrling barracks and try to not get overeager to see her babies. Khamaith had preferred her own mother’s approach and let her kids come to her if they needed her… But she couldn’t quite help herself, not really. Perhaps merely asking would be keener, yes.

Gently, she reached out to brush against Guarath’s mind, affectionate and sweet. Hello, my darling. If you aren’t busy, I’d love to see you.

Zaikt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:52 pm
That nudge alone would have been enough to get her attention, mental or no--she knew exactly who that was calling for her attention, and her hearts soared. Khamaith--golden, glorious, magnificent. She was all of those things and more.
She was her mother, and Guarath wasted no time in rising to her tiny feet to go meet her. Lyf understood--no explanations were needed, and she was given a gentle pat and a small smooch square on her forehead before he followed her to the exit. He'd stay inside to give her her privacy, but he'd be near enough in case she needed anything. That was all the reassurance she wanted, and she trotted along as though walking on air until the door came into view. Perhaps it was a bit unbecoming to pick up speed after Lyfrocier held it open for her--no one who knew would judge her on it, though.

The moment she spotted Khamaith, she gave a very unladylike little bugle. Inside, Lyf simply chuckled. I'm never busy for you! she chimed, bounding out into the open. She was practically glowing, eyes swirling blue and purple like tiny maelstroms. Oh, it's been--a while! It quite feels like it, anyway. Merely a few months, at best, but it felt all too much like an eternity in this moment. But it didn't matter now--Khamaith was here, and that was what was important. I've missed you! Really, I have.

Prism Shine
BABYMODE ACTIVATE

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:43 am
Oh, be still her beating hearts as the door opened, and Guarath came running. Her small daughter’s bugle was met with a delighted trill, as Khamaith leaned down to offer a boop and nuzzles. Oh, my hearts-- look at how big you’ve grown! Her tone was equal parts adoring and surprised, for it seemed like every time she got a glance at her babies, they shot into the air -- and they’d be doing that before she knew it, too!

Where she had once expected there to be sadness at no longer tending eggs on the hatching sands, the past few months had proved any thoughts on sadness to be utterly unfounded. Not when she could be enamored by each passing day. Oh it has, but you have so much to learn. I’ll always be here for you, no matter how long it's been. Somehow weeks had slipped into a couple months, but no matter how old her babies were, Khamaith would be there for them.

How are lessons so far? Though she wants to ask so many questions, the queen refrained… somewhat. Oh but she was so excited to know!

Zaikt
Mama doin a pearl clutch ;0;

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:31 pm
Guarath was all too happy to be doted on, crooning with the sheer joy of it all as Khamaith nuzzled her. There was nothing but love and pride radiating from her, and despite her small stature, she did her best to stand as proud and regal as her queenly mother did. She wanted to impress Khamaith, of course, but more than that, she wanted to show off just how good of a job Hers had been doing in the weeks since he'd taken over her care--Khamaith had nothing to worry about, as Guarath hoped to assure her!
Oh, I agree! But it's all rather exciting. She'd be beaming were it possible, but instead, she merely hwenked her enthusiasm to the most important part of the world outside of Hers. I'll remember that, though. I'm glad to know I've got someone like you in my corner! To the little Green, this was an earth-shattering vote of confidence. She did her best to leap up and nuzzle Khamaith back despite the sheer difference in size between them--small though she may be, it certainly didn't stop Guarath from trying.

There's definitely a lot to take in all at once! But Mine has been lovely, and he picks things up so quickly. She wanted Khamaith to be as enamored by Lyf as she was--while normally Guarath wouldn't have cared much for someone else's opinion at the end of the day, this was her mother, and her verdict mattered so much to her tiny hearts. I think we're doing quite well, though. Everyone else is going to have to catch up to us soon!

Prism Shine
Mom. Mom. Let Me Tell You About School Mom

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff