Reply [OOC] Archive
{Contest} Coven Pup! {Winner} Archive plz

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:43 pm
Welcome to this contest for a Coven Pack Pup!

~ Rules ~

1. Pups are expected to remain with the pack or go with dad.
2. Please do not enter if you already own or know you have coming a Seer female or Seer Blooded Male.
3. You can enter if you own an Empath (seer familiars).
4. Follow all gaia TOS and guild rules.
5. Do not discourage anyone from entering. This is open to all! <3
6. No mules! If a mule is used to win, we reserve the right to reclaim and rehome the puppy. >(

Starts: Now!
Ends: Sept 12th at noon, pst

Coven Pack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:00 pm
Welcome to the Family!

Father:
User Image
Shining Opal is a rogue male who lives at the Crystal Caverns. He is sweet and gentle, but suffers from severe headaches due to his seer blood. He believes the crystals of the caves helps soothe his headaches. Shining Opal met By Chance.... well almost by chance. He will stop by to meet the litter when they are a little bigger.

Mother:
User Image
By Chance is a proud wolf, one who knows her worth in the pack and leans heavily into the beliefs of her home. She is maternal but will certainly play favorites once the pups are old enough to eat meat, giving preference to her female pup and her seer blooded boys. They will be taught the ways and values of the Coven but given the freedom to leave if they so choose, though she will try to convince her seer blooded boys to stay. Though she will have clear favorites she won't neglect any of her children. She just has higher expectations for some of them than others.

Second Pup:
User Image
Shining Chance, SilverLutz
Shining Chance can't seem to stay still. He's always on the move, curiosity keeping him going even when his little paws are aching from all the exploring he's done. He has a feisty side and loves to wrestle, but the dark pup is more of a thinker than a doer. He comes up with all sorts of outlandish questions that are hard to answer and never seems to be stated when it comes to learning.

Third Pup:
User Image
???, Prism Shine

Fourth Pup:
User Image
Side Eye, magnadearel
Side Eye secretly wishes for more attention from By Chance, but knows he'll never get it. He's named for the way he tends to focus his red or blue eye upon whoever he is talking to. Due to trying to come to terms with this, he comes off as either warm or cold depending upon how he feels about you. You'll know how he feels by which eye he looks at you directly with and the tone of his voice.

magnadearel

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:04 pm

User Image

Shining Opal and By Chance's oldest, and first born son. He is a Seer Blooded Male like his father.
While there is no naming theme, By Chance will have put some serious effort into his name.

Prompts: Please pick one.
1. Your mother, By Chance, obviously favors you and your sister, followed by Shining Chance. She tends to push Side Eye to the side. How do you feel about her playing favorites? Do you try to do anything about it or do you agree with her?
2. You've just found out that you're old enough now to go meet your father for the first time. How do you feel about it? Are you excited to meet him, or worried he won't live up to your expectations? What you if don't live up to his?
3. Your youngest brother tends to come off..... just slightly creepy. He never looks at you with both eyes, just one or the other. Side Eye seems to almost have a split personality. How does this make you feel?

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b] (500 words or less please)
[b]Will the puppy remain in the pack with mom, or go live with dad? Please explain.[/b]
[b]-Are you willing to rp the initial meeting with Shining Opal?[/b]

[b]Prompt Response:[/b] (700 words or less please)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:04 pm
Open! ^_^  

magnadearel

ahmazeinlee

Colorful Leaf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:41 pm
Name: Lazulite By Night
Personality: Lazulite wants to be a quirky pup, but his headaches, that he seemed to inherit from his father, tend to put him in a grumpy mood. When the headaches hit, he seems to sulk around and wait for the pain to subside so that he can continue to play with the other pups of the Coven. He is soft-spoken but not shy. Lazulite will always run up to others, attempting to make friends wherever he goes.

When the headaches don't seem to impact him, he is a quirky puppy that runs around, playing games with his siblings and often tries to get his mom to join in on the games.
Will the puppy remain in the pack with mom, or go live with dad? Please explain. The puppy with remain in the pack with his mom but will need to sow his 'wild-oats' once he meets his father. He would like to go to the Crystal Caverns often and find solace in talking with his dad about being a seer-blooded male. I would like to rp him out as having him meet someone who hates seer-blooded wolves. That way, he would want to come back to the Coven as soon as possible afterward, where will be the only place he feels completely safe being seer-blooded.
-Are you willing to rp the initial meeting with Shining Opal? Absolutely!

Prompt Response: Prompt 2

Lazulite meeting his father is something he would have dreamed of since he was little. Being both named by gemstones and seer-blooded, he will already feel like he holds a special place in his father's heart. Once he is old enough and given the blessing from his mother to go in search of his dad, although he is sure that letting her seer-blooded baby may upset her, he will try and make sure she feels at ease with her leaving. Shining Opal will live up to Lazulite expectation 1000% regardless of how he feels about him. He is his father, and even though he wishes he would have been there through the headaches as a pup, he wants him in his life now. Lazulite has no fear of letting his father down, and although he will be soft-spoken upon first meeting, he will open up to him in his own quirky ways.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:09 pm
Name: Crystal Clarity
Personality: Clarity, as he likes to be called, is one to fight for anyone whom they find 'bullied' by others. A protector of the small kind of mentality. While he is one of the most spoiled, by his mother, Clarity wants to spread the love to all. Share what others may miss out on for not being a seer or seer blooded as was his case. While at times he wishes that he too was a giftless wolf, it would ease the headaches that render him useless for hours. Having to retreat to a dark and cool place until they ease off and he can function normally again.

Will the puppy remain in the pack with mom, or go live with dad? Please explain. Crystal Clarity is going to stay with his mom's pack, but will likely seek out his father as he grows older to understand why he doesn't join the pack as well.
-Are you willing to rp this meeting? Of course. ^^

Prompt Response: 1

Crystal Clarity, at first, hadn't really thought too much of his youngest brother being pushed aside. But he did notice when he and his other siblings were given things better then Side Eye. This made Clarity to frown, he was sure that his brother deserved the same as they did. Even if he wasn't seer blooded or a seer like their mom. As days passed and it seemed that his mom always selected him, Prism and Shining Chance over Side Eye, Clarity was getting more and more upset.

"Side Eye deserves things like the rest of us. Why leave him out?" Clarity would voice, if he had the courage to. He wanted to look after his brother, no matter what anyone else said. They were family and family stuck together. While there were times his headaches cased Clarity to retreat to a dark and cool place until they subsided, he tried to always be there for his brother.

Crystal Clarity could never, not now, agree with his mom playing favorites. They were all her children, sometimes wishing he didn't have the one purple eye and that his brother did. He couldn't imagine the pain Side Eye experienced because of this 'barrier' their mother was placing between them. Clarity was going to break that barrier and break others for future pups that might feel left out because they weren't born of the seer blood. He would just have to get up the courage to open his maw and speak up...  

Kesmi

Shapeshifter

Straye

Thirteenth Prophet

12,065 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:56 pm
Name: Paragon
Synonyms: Shining, Brilliant, Ideal
Definitions;
Regarded as a perfect example of a particular quality.
A perfect Diamond of 100 carats or more.
A Model of Excellence

Personality: {WC: 230 - Includes Personality Traits listed.}

His personality seems well rounded; as he gets older he grows more into his own skin; follows his gut and acts without hesitation. In his youth, his cute charm and his instincts evolve into more specific, matured attributes.

After a slightly more apathetic phase in his adolescence where his moods were subdued and controlled through careful meditation they became harder to discern, as he ages this control grows with him.

Inevitably experience will change him; make him a little cynical, jaded, maybe a little grim - despite that, he can be trusted to act with purpose and those who know him well will know that while his intentions are his own, they will never be for personal gain or the downfall of another.

Personality Traits:

Positive;
Charismatic; He has a charming smile and rather dashing wit.
Intuitive; He trusts his instincts and he’s a good judge of character.
Persuasive; He speaks with a silver tongue that tempts.

Neutral;
Enigmatic; His intentions are unclear and he is unreadable and unpredictable.
Intense; His charisma and his determination can be overwhelming.
Stolid; His emotions are kept well within control and are hard to perceive.

Negative;
Arbitrary; He acts without discernible reason, seemingly at whimsy.
Critical; He is deeply analytical of situations and has a strict eye.
Possessive; He claims what is his and will destroy any obstacle before him.

Will the puppy remain in the pack with mom, or go live with dad? Please explain.

It is likely he may go forth into the world with his father with the intention of seeing, learning, experiencing, and finding himself before returning to the pack Older and Wiser - perhaps with children of his own, or other wayward seers and seer blooded looking for a place to call home.

He won’t expect that on his journeys he might find love or completion. His idea of romance and non-familial love seem a little jaded or lack luster - but he will always carry the moral notion that if he sires children, he should be around until they are old enough to choose whether to stay with mother or go with him, or if she so chooses, until their mother weans them and leaves.

-Are you willing to rp the initial meeting with Shining Opal?
Certainly.

Prompt & Response:

1. Your mother, By Chance, obviously favors you and your sister, followed by Shining Chance. She tends to push Side Eye to the side. How do you feel about her playing favorites? Do you try to do anything about it or do you agree with her? {WC:150}

Mother’s propensity for playing favorites is clearly in my favor; my world is all the bigger for it. I can test my boundaries and her patience with far more zeal than my brothers. I encourage my sister to do so also - the further she pushes the more of life she might experience. Every mistake, every experience is a lesson learned, and gives us room to grow.

I do find that I pity my youngest brother for our mother's indifference to him - I wonder if he hungers for her affection the way I wish for his solitude sometimes. While her attention and love warms me, I wish that I could be unseen to venture further and see more of the world that lies outside of our pack's territory boundaries.

If her attention and her presence is stifling - does that mean to have freedom I must be without her?

2. You've just found out that you're old enough now to go meet your father for the first time. How do you feel about it? Are you excited to meet him, or worried he won't live up to your expectations? What if you don't live up to his? {WC:150}

Why was my age relevant in this matter? I look around our pack and I see pups with their fathers near. Why must we have waited? What was different about us?

What expectations can I have of a wolf I do not know, a wolf who leaves a mother to raise young in his absence? Equally, what should I hope to live up to? What expectations would he have from his first born son, whom he has had no part in shaping?

I am Seer Blooded, the only one of my litter to be so. I have begun to know the pain that comes with being this - I have begun to wake in the night from dreams that are only muddied colors and hushed whispers that will never make sense. I have begun to feel the disorientation of migraines.

Is this the expectation I am meant to live up to?

3. Your youngest brother tends to come off..... just slightly creepy. He never looks at you with both eyes, just one or the other. Side Eye seems to almost have a split personality. How does this make you feel? {WC: 260}

Let's get one thing straight - Side Eye is my brother.

I care not for the opinions of others in regards to my brother - if he has two personalities, then they are Both my brothers.

His eyes - like fire and ice, are uniquely different, like my own. We share this feature, our two toned eyes, and our pelts, closest in colors, yet opposing, where I am Light, and he is Dark.

I Love My Brother - and no matter which eye he gazes through at me, I will accept him as he is; in silence, in speech, in joy or rage, I will stand beside him, and if there came a time, I would stand between him and adversity that might strike against him. My brother deserves not to be judged or looked down upon, but to be cherished for the ways he is different, and celebrated for his inner strength.

I can only imagine he must wish for our mother's warmth and affection - though I know not if he'll ever tell me. I hope that I can love him enough, and unconditionally so, that he'll not want too deeply for her affection. I would not like to see the wolf he could become if he spent our youth unaware of his merit, or unaware that he is valued.

I cannot say for certain the life such a wolf would lead, but I know in my heart surely it would be a cold one, and that it would not have half of the joy that I wish for Side Eye... My Brother.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:26 pm
Thank you all for entering! We enjoyed reading your entries.

And our winner is Kesmi! Welcome Kesmi and Crystal Clarity to the pack! We look forward to rping with you.
As soon as I get Prism's pup's name I will be posting for certs.

Kesmi

magnadearel

[OOC] Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces