Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:50 pm
Stuff here  
While she didn't like to think herself plain or ugly, she was far different from some of her family and it made her feel, out of sorts. Fancy mutations were something to behold with some of her kin but when you looked at her and her siblings, they sorta looked normal. WHICH, wasn't entirely a bad thing, she just had hoped maybe she'd eventually grow into something like a distant relative, but nope. She had grown up to be the vibrant haired, glowing eyed mare that she was. Taking a paw she carefully shifted through her flowers and other herbs that were collectively growing in an area she had specifically set up for them. There were markings and signs of sorts all around to warn others that there was something here, but occasionally someone would still come prancing through, crushing her beautiful children. Giving a little curl of her lip she let out a huff, if she caught the last one that came through here she'd.... well, she wasn't sure what she'd do but she knew that they'd get an earful! There hadn't been too much damage done, thankfully, so she was content with the fact that none of them had perished because of someone's negligence. [WC 206] @magna  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

Bakkhos loved the spring and summer; mainly because of all the fresh growth and flowers abound which could be applied liberally to graves. Many of the herd went out during these times to collect the bountiful and beautiful plants. The oldest ‘son’ of the leading pair, Bakkhos was no different. He headed far out today, so as not to pick the area around their home clean, mainly just following his nose. His goal today was flowers that smelled delightful.

First, his mother would enjoy it he was sure. Hopefully the dead wouldn’t object if he gave one to her. Not only that, but the graves would smell nice, and he hoped those who’d passed would enjoy it as well. A sweet smell caught his attention as he walked. Bakkhos hummed a merry tune as he followed the scent. It took him longer than he’d expected to finally reach the area.

But when he got there! Bakkhos closed his eyes to inhale the scent of flowers. It was perfect! Immediately the dark male stepped in delicately among them. Growing up and living in a graveyard for years, one tended to learn how to walk gently. He nosed down to start picking the best ones he could find. (WC: 206)
@Astoria  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:51 pm
Her area wasn't particuarly small, so moving around and tending the different sections of her garden was a bit time consuming. While she had flowers and herbs, she also had a section where squash, pumpkin, and other such produce grew. There were a few field mice that she had help from to remove some of the buds from the strands of some of them to prevent too much growth. She was but one mare, she couldn't quite take care of all this without at least a little help.

Lifting her head she scanned her area, an unfamiliar scent had hit her nose and it was strong, so whoever it was had decided to stick around. Narrowing her eyes she followed the scent through her maze of different plants and finally spotted a vibrant stallion admiring? NO PLUCKING her precious plants. WITHOUT ASKING. Her first instict was to charge over to him but he seemed to at least be moving through them quite delicately as he plucked them. So he wasn't causing too much damage but still!

Moving slowly towards him she cleared her throat. "Excuse me, but what do you think you are doing?" Her tail whipped behind her as she stared at him, her glowing gaze locked on him. [WC 210] @magna  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:51 pm
He had a mouthful of beautiful flowers that wafted wonderful scents right into his nostrils. His mouth watered but he was very careful not to eat the plants. Bakkhos was very pleased with what he’d found. The flowers here were simply gorgeous. He was surprised they were growing wild. Now that he thought about it…… The stallion eyed the plants at his hooves. Everything had a look of being well tended.

His head jerked up as a blue mare with a red mane emerged from among the plants and called out to him. Bakkhos realized this was probably the caretaker of these plants. He gently placed the bundle down so he could speak. “My apologies. Are you the caretaker of these flowers? I’d thought they were wild-grown. I was picking flowers to place around the graves.”

He waved his tail. “My family tends the large graveyard around here. We like to place fresh flowers on the graves in spring and summer.” The stallion tilted his head as he pondered a moment. “If you like I’d be happy to supply some help in return for being allowed to take a couple bundles of flowers.” Bakkhos tilted his head and hoped she’d go for it. (WC: 203)  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:25 am
She reeled back her impending anger as she listened to him speak, for graves? Cocking her head to the side a moment, her tail slowly flicked behind her and wrapped around one leg before going back to it's usual position behind her. Taking in a deep breath she closed her eyes and exhaled, 'Okay Datura, you can approach this in calm and collected manner.' Opening her eyes she looked at him and then realized he had offered his services in return for taking some of the plants. This was an interesting deal and she felt that she could get behind such a cause.

"I do have a suggestion, though I'm not sure how keen your family is on it. I'd be more than happy to help dig up the roots along with the flowers and assort them into a particular arrangement so that you can replant them in that manner on the graves. This way they won't die out?" It seemed logical, but who was to say what his family was keen or wasn't keen on, AND it would limit how often he'd have to come and remove some of her plants. Though, as she stood there looking at him, she was realizing it had been a while since she had last had contact with another and was actually liking this interaction, even if it hadn't started out all too friendly-for him anyway.

"I could really use the help...." Her voice trailed off as she looked about her garden. "Oh-to answer you first question, yes I am the caretaker here." Moving a little closer to the stallion she felt herself relax a little and perhaps he'd take notice too. He was no longer in danger of her threatening him.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:25 am
Bakkhos watched her take a moment with her eyes closed. To calm herself? Perhaps. At first he wasn’t sure why she’d need to calm herself, then realized she probably thought he was stealing her flowers. The stallion was a bit sheepish about the idea that he almost stolen these flowers. It wouldn’t take him long to rectify that now.

He watched her with interest when she brought up a suggestion. Bakkhos listened intently, and then considered the idea. Most of his family was absolutely not plant orientated as far as growing things went. His father had certainly never brought up the idea of growing their own plants. When the crimson stallion had started this though, he’d been alone in the world. Bakkhos remembered the story fondly.

The idea of having their own plants to tend and use appealed to him though. If he could set up something like this mare had, but closer to their home, the family wouldn’t have to wander out so far. He could tend them and let his family come gather what they needed for the graves.

“That sounds better. Would you also be willing to teach me how to care for them?” He didn’t know the first thing about caring for flowers any more than his family did. If this had any hope of succeeding, then he would certainly need a few expert pointers to get him started. Of course, that meant she’d have to be willing to put up with him probably for some time.
(WC: 251 ) @Astoria  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:26 am
The more she stood there and watched him the more her anger displaced itself. She really couldn't fault him for wanting to put flowers on graves. The dead needed to be honored and some did it with plants, others with trinkets and some did it with food offerings. "All in all it's not overly difficult to care for them. Mostly they just need to be watered on occasions, maybe weeded a bit every now and again." She was eager to pass her knowledge onto someone else though, and this seemed like an opportune occasion to do so.

"When would you want to come by and learn? We can start today, we can start later? I'm sure you'll want to get what you have already taken and placed no doubt." She gestured towards the plants he had already gathered. They'd last a little while with some water but they'd be dead within a weeks time. Still, dead flowers held some form of beauty to them she found. @magna  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:26 am
Bakkhos was torn. He wanted to get these flowers back so they could be used on the graves. On the other hoof he wanted to stay here and learn more about caring for flowers and their plants. The stallion mulled over his options as he switched his tail. The flowers about his neck rustled softly. This was going to be a bigger endeavor than simple picking flowers. Was that a commitment he was willing to take? For his family? For the graves? Yes.

He nodded his head. “Let’s start tomorrow morning if you’re not busy. That gives me time to return today and let my family know what’s happening.” He wouldn’t want them to worry or his father to think a skinwalker stole him away. Although the only walker he’d seen around was Runa. While she’d threatened him, she’d never actually harmed him. Much. A few claw scratches didn’t account for the viciousness his father claimed in his eyes.

“Is that ok with you? I’m Bakkhos by the way!” He said brightly. (WC: 172 )
@Astoria  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff