[PRP] the first steps back [ oreune + kleoth

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:38 pm
She was allowed small steps out, but not much despite how well Oreune seemed to be patching up. The weather was growing cooler, as to be expected after spending time indoors for nearly two months, and the teen picked her route carefully as to avoid traffic of any kind, be it animal or human in nature. She wasn't able to go far anyway, not with how weak her muscles had turned after being bed-bound for so long, and it was only a short time after that she found herself already trying to sit and catch her breath.

Glancing around, she wondered what all was going on for the day. There was no real report of Threadfall, at least not that she'd heard come from the Healers (one named Veikel was always loud about it), and so this was a chance for her to just....observe. Or talk to anyone if they wanted, which she doubted, because really why would anyone want to talk to her? It wasn't like she'd had visitors while she was in the infirmary - not even her sister came to see her. Or maybe some folks had while she was unconscious but that didn't count.

Anyway.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:24 pm
Kleoth liked to think that she was steadily learning about everyone in the Weyr. Though a personal relationship with each and every individual was her goal, she had reluctantly settled for attempting to at least recognize faces--for now. It just so happened that one face in particular caught her attention at once, and the golden queen did not hesitate to approach with smooth, easy strides.

How are you feeling? She asked gently, lowering her enormous head to regard the girl with eyes of swirling blue and green. She recognized her as the one who had been so badly hurt during the hatching of Khamaith's children. Accidents happened at Hatchings, but that did not mean Kleoth enjoyed them. Her own sister had lashed out in her anger and hurt and fatally wounded a young person; she was grateful that this human had pulled through.You look tired, but I doubt they would have let you wander too far if they did not think you were capable.... The queen mused almost to herself, twisting her head to take in the young woman with a more critical eye.

houllow

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:06 pm
"Oh, Kleoth. Hi." It would be a lie to say Oreune hadn't seen her there but then again, she was looking down trying to catch her breath and keep herself steady because stomach wounds were awful and whatever core muscles she'd made during candidate training had been lost. No pudge yet, but those abs! Gone! The true tragedy, really.

And Oreune knew the gold because, well, this was the clutch she'd been brought to Western for. The clutch in which her best friend-maybe-boyfriend-she hadn't seen him in Months-friend Impressed and she was left behind (as expected) which lead her to the last clutch, where she got nearly disemboweled (also sort of expected). But Oreune liked Kleoth, she was kind and beautiful with a hide that would make for a lovely pattern in a weaver's fabric.

"I'm a little tired, not going to lie, and you're right that they wouldn't just let me go out. It just..." What really was there to complain about? Everything that had happened during the hatching was exactly what she expected, though surviving it all was a very pleasant surprise. Sometimes going into things with a negative mindset helped out but now she was paranoid that maybe she got mauled like that because she'd been thinking such negative thoughts. That was.....really depressing, and Oreune sighed as she leaned her forehead against the fingertips of one of her hands.

She was also apparently probably being really, really rude to a Queen dragon who'd taken time out of their day to come and talk to her. "I think I'm just not used to moving under my own power again, not after so long. It was super embarrassing to have someone have to help me with basically everything." Some of those memories she hoped she'd lose after hitting her head in the future. "How are you though? What brings you around here today? No drills?"

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:28 pm
She quietly listened, her great hearts already swelling with sympathy. Such an ordeal she'd been through. Though she did not have firsthand experience, she knew just how exhausting the simple act of recovering from grievous injuries could be. To be unable to care for oneself must have been quite the shock. But no one with any sense will hold such a thing against you. You will regain your strength in time and things will be back to normal She believed that earnestly, dropping her head to just barely brush her muzzle against the top of Oreune's head.

As far as Kleoth was concerned, this was a remarkably strong-willed young woman, and her efforts to regain some of her former strength were commendable! If Oreune was having some mental turmoil now... well, she was here to offer what assistance she could. Sometimes even listening was all someone needed...

I am well, thank you. She sent a wave of gentle warmth out, genuinely touched by the question. Drills have finished for now, though there will be more this afternoon. Kleoth paused for a moment, her eyes whirling slowly as she considered. Phryana often said that, at times, she could encroach upon the personal space of others. Oreune did not seem put upon, but....

If I am disturbing you, you would tell me? Kleoth asked, her words soft, but not unkind. I do not want to add to your exhaustion. I am just grateful to see you after so long in the infirmary. It wasn't as though she could easily fit inside, much to her dismay.

houllow

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:48 pm
The nuzzle, faint as it was against her head, sent a wave of warmth down the teen's body. Her cheeks colored happily, and for a candlemark tick everything seemed a bit better. Perhaps this is what it meant by the comforting ability of dragons? Certainly Kleoth's rider must have been one of the happiest, if not the, rider in the Weyr. Or maybe Oreune was exaggerating. "You're not bothering me at all - shards, Farnath knows I could use some company of any kind. Being left alone with only your thoughts leads to some pretty boring conversations." Sometimes Loom would show up and Oreune would talk to the firelizard much in the way she would a person, but sadly Loom wasn't great conversation. An amazing face weight whenever they slept, but poor conversation. "If anything, I'm tickled pink that you stopped by to see me. It....it's really nice. I've been lonely."

Flattering sort of, but then again dragons were nice creatures. Even the one who'd more or less.....well, that was a bridge she would cross one day in the future if they came to it. Hopefully way, way way into the future and not any time soon because despite Oreune knowing and understanding that the actions of a hatchling shouldn't be held against them....

She was still scared. Not angry at all, but scared. She could have died and....no point in dwelling on it now. She was alive, had abs she needed to work on, and an exceptionally lovely Gold dragon was chatting her up like an old friend.

Anyway.

"If it's possible, I'd like to come watch your drills sometime. If you're this beautiful on the ground then in the air, fighting, you must be magnificent." Oreune doubted she'd be allowed to go but she would ask anyway. The worst they could say was no, and certainly Kleoth wouldn't mind someone standing far away just looking off into the distance. Maybe.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:48 pm
Oh, oh, her hearts... To be surrounded in a Weyr full of people and still feel lonely was almost nonsensical to her, but a great physical and mental burden had been placed upon poor Oreune. Injury and loss could very much make one feel all by themselves. Look how isolated her own Phryana had felt before Western had become her permanent home. I understand. She said gently. Clearly Oreune needed some friends to help her, and that was something the queen felt capable of procuring! Surely this kind of encroaching could be understood and welcomed!

You are as silver-tongued as my brothers. Kleoth laughed, accepting the compliments with a pleased thrum. As long as I am able to assist in cleansing Thread from our skies, I do not care if I look as graceless as a herdbeast. She didn't care what it took. But-- I would be honored if you wished to watch us train, so long as it doesn't interfere with your duties as a Candidate.

With any luck, the young woman would be able to return to a sense of normalcy soon. Oreune. She said gently. [Please don't hesitate to reach out to me, if you ever feel like you need to speak to someone. No one should have to feel lonely--especially if she was aware of it.

houllow

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:07 pm
Oreune wasn't sure if she was meant to feel flattered by being told she was silver-tongued like a dragon (which is what she assumed Kleoth meant by brothers) but she could take a compliment. A little anyway, if she forced herself to believe that the Gold was being sincere about it. Which Kleoth probably was because so far it hadn't seemed like she was lying.

And calling a dragon a liar was probably not a good thing. Could dragons even lie? Of course they could probably lie, it was basic nature things lied after all, and now she was probably overthinking it again and it was more than likely showing on her face. Ugggh.

This was why she couldn't have nice things, like basic conversations with extremely empathetic beings who could read your emotions.

"I...don't think it'd bother them too much, not if it happened to match my rest day when I get back to candidacy. Though right now it wouldn't matter at all, considering I can't do anything except take up resources and space. Though maybe if I can get in front of a loom, then....hm." Her thoughts trailed off there, interrupted by the next sentence from the Queen. "No...no!"

Oh, that sounded unusually harsh. "Er, I mean - there's no way at all I could do that. You're super busy with your life and rider and a possible clutch in the future and literally everything else but me. You don't need my ramblings on top of everything else that Western expects of you."

Tsunake
I...didn't realize i hadn't tagged this i am so sorry orz

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces