Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] To Play is To Learn [Haitanth | Triesteth]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spockat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:31 pm
Triesteth! Triesteth! Triieeeeeeesteth! Haitanth was near singing to his dear sister. Our lessons are having us play the most thrilling of games! Blood thirsty! Competitive! If he had eyebrows he would have wiggled them dramatically.

Hide and Seek.

He sat with a heavy flop in the weyrbowl, looking around. Did he need His for this? Hmm..maybe if they got stuck. Haitanth was the best, a little game wouldn't have him calling for help! He could hear Sivu's be good resonate through his skull.

We should hide, and try to find each other by showing pictures of our incredibly clever hiding spots. What do you think!

Uta
Beep beep!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:18 pm
Spockat

Triesteth's eyes whirled a bright blue-green when Haitanth called out to her. Though she had known that she had been tapped for some sort of game, the simple little green hadn't quite followed exactly what she was meant to be doing. But, much to her pleasure, her blue brother had figured it out well before her!

How clever of him, really.

Giving a happy croon, the little green trotted up to Haitanth, extending her nose so she might gently offer her clutchmate a little boop, and if accepted, give him a full fledged nuzzle. Oh! Oh, will it really be thrilling? I... I would not wish for anyone to get hurt, and will let you win if you'd like! She quickly assured, sitting down on her plump little haunches, looking solely to appease Haitanth.

She only liked competitive games if it meant others could win--or if she could help them win. She herself wasn't very competitive at all, and knew she wasn't very good at games to begin with. But she would certainly do her best to please Haitanth and do well in this new lesson. Even if it was odd.

Hide and... seek?

I am not very clever though, so I fear I will not be very good at it. But... I would like to try! Oh, she hoped he would not mind. Already she was trying to think of places she might hide--and there seemed to me an immeasurable number of them, and none at all, at the same time!

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Spockat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:08 pm
Yes! Yes! Yes! There she was! Ever dependable Triesteth her boop was met with an enthusiastic one of his one. Haitanth gave her a wave of encouragement, it would be good fun. All the best games were (especially the ones he thought up). No one will get hurt in our game sweet sister! The best games don’t have hurt hides or hurt feelings. He laid a wing on her shoulder gently.

Triesteth really must look inside herself, she was HIS sister for Faranth’s sake. That simply meant she too, was also the best. By ichor - by egg - all of it, and perhaps something like a good game might polish up her confidence. None of his siblings were going to think they were anything but deserving of everything and simply glowing (but perhaps not as brilliantly as he). Huff.

But you must promise me to do your best, that’s how we’ll have the most fun! You’ll do amazing sweetie. He kneaded his claws into the ground thinking. Now where oh where was a good spot…? Would you like to try first?

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:41 pm
Triesteth's eyes whirled a bright green-blue, even if she wasn't quite as confident as Haitanth. She knew he would do fabulously, and while she was not at all as confident as he, she certainly would do her best to please him. And that meant doing her best at this game. I am sure your games will be the most fun, and we shall have nothing but a delightful afternoon. Yes, that sounded like a nice thing to say. ANd she did mean it. She bought into Haitanth's idea that the game would be nothing but good fun, and with nobody getting hurt, well, that was all the better for everyone! He was far too clever and far too good.

I promise to do my very best! I won't let you down. She assured, sending a soft croon up at the most magnificent brother. It was the truth, and she had every intention of making good on her word. SHe would try as hard as she could... Never mind that she still wasn't entirely clear on what she was supposed to be doing.

Was she to hide? Or was she to seek him out? Or were they to look for Theirs? Oh, there was all sorts of things it could mean. I will be happy to try first, but what... What is it I am meant to be trying? Do I hide or do you? And... Do I find you or do I find Yours? These things did not come so easily to her as they did some of her most-clever clutchmates. How lucky she was to have them explain these things to her. If left to guess herself, she was certain to muddle the whole thing.

Spockat

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Spockat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:36 pm
Haitanth turned his head to the side a moment, looking for a place to hide. Nodding thoughtfully, listening to his sister. Oh Triesteth you wouldn't let me down! Not ever! He stood up suddenly, filled with inspiration. Oh he knew just where to hide! And it would show the darling little green just what he meant. Perfection!

You stay here! Close your eyes and I will hide. Then you come get me! Then you shall do the same! He streaked off. He only tripped once over his own claws. With an embarrassed giggle, he found it. The PERFECT hiding spot.

To ordinary riders, they might pile of carpentry supplies. But to Haitanth - it was the most magnificent of places to hide. It was just large enough that he could crouch behind it. He curled his tail around his paws, keeping it from straying. The sawdust he tracked all over himself was worth such a perfect hiding spot.

Haitanth nudged at Triesteth, doing his best to send her direction. The were instructed to communicate and practice. I think I'm ready for you to come find me, you've got this!

Uta
beep beep!!

Uta rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:14 am
The little green gave a small, anxious creel as Haitanth left her alone to hide. There was a lot of pressure on her to do well, and she was beginning to feel it. While she had no doubt that Haitanth would find the world's most perfect hiding place, she had little confidence that she would be able to find him. Still, she would do her best...

Even if that meant making mistakes.

By the time Haitanth gave her the go ahead to find him, the little green hardly knew where to start. Are you over here? She asked, picking a direction and trotting forth.

It was by complete and utter luck that she managed to toddle directly towards Haitanth and the supplies he was hiding around. While she hadn't found him yet--and it didn't occur to her to notice the little paw prints from her brother in the thicker piles of dust--she did pause almost directly in front of the pile. Her yes were still yellow as doubt sunk in, and she looked around. Where could he be?

Spockat
I'm going to roll and see if she gets anywhere close:

1. Towards the Weyr Lake and Feeding Grounds (Cold)
2. Towards the Lower Caverns (Cold)
3. Towards Outdoor Supplies (Warmer)
4. Towards the Outdoor Supplies, specifically the Carpentry (Hot)

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Spockat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:25 am
Haitanth watched his sister look with a gleaming eye. She could do it. He resisted the urge to give her a little hint as she moved ever so slightly closer. It was so hard to behave himself, his wings trembling with the effort to stay concealed. Yes!

Yes! YES! Haitanth practically leapt out of his spot with a honk. He knocked a few things down he did his best to put back with a sheepish look. See! You did so well! He booped her lightly on the side with his nose. Trust yourself a little more, you were really onto it! Luck or not his sister had found his hiding place, perhaps she ought to trust her gut a little bit more! Haitanth would always be Triesteth’s little cheerleader, he decided. His siblings must all simply know that they are full of potential. That wasn’t so scary - right?

Uta

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff