Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
WCC Intermission - Day 1 (Northwest Wild Area) [FPT] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:06 pm
[Free Posting Thread.]

As the sun set on the first day of the WCC the Snagems have begun to make camp at the site of the Watchtower Ruins to enjoy a much needed break from the chaos of the first day of the tournament. A small bonfire burned, the Snagem leader sitting cross legged on the ground in front of it, watching it burn as the sky began to darken. He would glance around at those nearby before speaking.

"So, between Tristen, Terashi, Beau, and Lykas we've found four pieces. With just three of those we can make a whole Wishing Star and with the one I borrowed from Krysta and that Elgyem she found that's two stars for us, which we could use to send two of our own onto the next round. But sending them both off would defeat the purpose of claiming this tower. We have some things to consider." He said to the others, waiting to see what they had to say. Two Wishing Stars, one Piece, and a Power Spot as their camp is where they were sitting at, at the end of the first day. Not bad.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:43 pm
"So how many more days of preliminary do we have?" Absinthe asked as she put her hoverboard in her bag and walked up to the bonfire. Palladia followed behind with a log almost as tall as she was that she fully intended to chop up with Karate Chop and add to the fire as fuel.

~*~

"Looks like you've had it rough," I commented when I got to the part of the Tower Keiko was in. She'd already helped the Monk return to his team and came back. "I've been through worse. How'd it go?"

"We've got two Stars so far. Which is less than we need, but I get the feeling this won't our only day for hunting. How'd the new guy handle things?"

"Which one?" Keiko asked, half-joking. "A couple joined the team just before we took the tower,"

"I don't know why I'm surprised to hear that. This tournament is being broadcast around the world. Of course it'd bring us some new recruits. Hell, Sub was probably expecting that. I was referring to William, specifically."

"I know. I haven't seen him since we've started, though," Keiko smiled. I'm not sure if it was irony or fate, but either way, William showed up just as Keiko finished her sentence.

"Ah, finally. I've been looking for other members for about an hour now."

"Must have gotten pretty lost.," I commented. I felt a bit of irritation coming from Keiko but she didn't show it.

"Well, something good came of it, anyway," he added happily, showing off his Gossifleur.

"Awwh, it's really cute!" Keiko cooed, though she didn't try hugging it."

"Isn't she, though? Well, come on back to your ball for now, Hydrangea."

I tried my hardest the stifle the chuckle that threatened to burst forth. This time, I got a look from Keiko. "He named it after a flower," I whispered, quietly enough that William wouldn't hear me, but knowing full well that Keiko would. She had to stifle a giggle as well when she heard that, but she did a better job of it than I did. Fortunately, William didn't notice either of us trying not to laugh at him. "So, I take it bossman is around somewhere? I'd like to show off my first Pokemon."

"Probably somewhere deeper in the tower planning our next move. I'm gonna get a better look at the place, get some fresh air in the meantime. I'll be back in a bit," I explained, moving to leave.

"I'll join you," Keiko said happily. She was probably happy to get out of the tower after spending so much time defending it from other teams, but I was worried she'd do that. My actual intention was to investigate a powerful emotion I sensed nearby. I was worried Keiko would ask why I was heading in a specific direction. Then again, if my hunch was right, her ability to communicate with Pokemon would come in handy, which is why I didn't say anything when she decided to join me despite my trepidation.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:46 pm
With the first day finally behind us, we finally got to see where we stood with our handiwork. A massive foothold in the wild area, two newly formed wishing stars to take advantage of that Dynamax thing that's apparently the hot topic around here, and, comparatively, not that much damage among ourselves and our Pokemon. Not to mention, apparently some of us managed to get quite the boon out of it, namely Freth and what was once her Tyrogue. Once a ceasefire was called, Tyrogue apparently evolved right before Freth's eyes. It was kind of no surprise to her, that Sandshrew Tyrogue struggled against was practically a evolved Pokemon in a lesser form's skin. Funny enough, for that matter, Tyrogue became a Hitmonchan, much to Freth's amusement. A Hitmonchan that could possibly fight dirty and give opponents a Mega Kick out of nowhere? That would be hysterical.

We all found ourselves around the bonfire. Freth and I spared a log to sit on instead of sitting on the hard, possibly ashen ground due to the earlier brushfire that was instilled upon the bikers just a while ago. Tristen, Freth, and I were all tending to our own respective Pokemon; Eevee, who sat on Tristen's lap, was getting all the pettings, though the Manetric hybrid kept a look out for Reno, who he felt that, despite Tristen's initial apprehension to do so, would have words to say about running off with the wishing piece even though technically he done nothing wrong as far as the competition was concerned. It made the stroking of Eevee's fur a notion of nervousness instead of affection towards his Pokemon. I was scratching about Torchic's feathers as the tiny Pokemon leaned up against me, still feeling like on cloud nine contributing to giving the bikers the explosive hot foot out of the area. Hitmonchan sat to himself next to Freth, feeling like the odd one here after being freshly evolved. Freth had an arm around his shoulders, pretty much in acknowledgment of what was once the most rebellious Tyrogue in existence who couldn't even be bothered to take a bath was now a rather resilient and rather disciplined Hitmonchan. For the most part, at least.

The bunch of us listened to Sub's assessment of the day that we left behind and crossed my arms. "I'm kind of left to wonder just how much the Kanto team still got. I mean, didn't that Sandshrew trainer you fought from there?" I asked Freth.

"Yea, and there were those bikers you told me about. Kind of surprised Kanto is even allowed to still battle with a good number of those guys being from there." Freth stated.

"I guess as long they still have members to battle, I suppose." I mentioned. "That said, with as many they lost, they'd probably be best stand back a bit and let the other teams just fight it out for a while. Though, then again, longer they stay out of fights, worse position they are going to be anyways. They're probably going to get snuffed out just because of all that happened today."

"I kind of wonder about the other teams. I didn't really see a whole lot of the others while Freth and I were out there." Tristen mused. "Though from what I saw, the hybrids that are capable have no qualms of fighting with their own power instead of Pokemon if it came to it. It's almost like they can get away treating themselves as one extra Pokemon. Is that even in the rules?"

"Eh, well, if they weren't whisked away by those roto-drones, then either they are, or the ones who are running it are just winging it by now. As far as the other teams are concerned, they are probably fighting it out in their own way too somewhere in this wild area. Who is to say that this ruin here is the only power spot to be used? Though speaking of those coming from seemingly nowhere..." I said, looking towards Sub, taking note to Krysta being around. "You care to explain? One moment she and we were getting an earful from that professor and now she's back out here again? I think we need to get caught up on the same page here. Just what is going on here? Because, far warning, if I see that professor again, I may end up having to instigate a few...ice based freak accidents..." Yea, that was real subtle. That professor obviously didn't make a very good first impression to me with how she pretty much kept Krista under wraps to the professor's own admission.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:54 pm
"If we were to move two people to the next round. What happens to them? Do they move on to the next round immediately?" Ulla asked Sub not really sure how it works. "Even if we were to send two people..they will most likely get cornered into a wall. There are probably some teams that are waiting for those with Wishing Stars to steal from. If I were them, I'd be waiting by one of the evac points and force them into a battle with the Trainer Eyes." Leon speaking up as he noticed his little sister's mood was different compared to when they began this.

While everyone was talking among themselves, Ulla watched as Keiko and Ter walked away from the group for a bit. She watched for a bit as she starred at her brother. Leon was tending to his Alola Vulpix wounds until he felt some eyes watching him. He turned around to see Ulla. "...What?" "I'm okay now. I talked to Sub." Leon was a bit taken back that she talked to Sub about her problems. Then again, it was probably the best out of everyone here. "...And? What's your conclusion?" "It's okay to not be okay." A dead silence came right after between the two siblings. That's when Leon broke out in laughter. "L-Leon!? I'm serious!"  

Cecile Silverstone

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:04 pm
With the day finally coming to an end, Brian and Lu could finally relax and destress, which was what they were doing now. The two of them sat cross-legged on the ground, hands/paws on their knees and eyes closed as they meditated. This was their way of unwinding after a hard day, and it usually worked, especially when there was a lot of stress involved. That being said, it was nice to finally get out and do something, instead of sitting at home all the time. Still, Brian would have preferred being at home, rather than getting jumped by some biker from Kanto that wanted to cheat his way to victory.

A short time later, Brian overheard one of the Snagems mention the professor, and how they and Krysta were getting an earful before asking what Krysta was doing back in the Wild Area. He waited until the....was that guy a hybrid of some kind? He waited until the hybrid finished speaking before answering back. "Actually, that was partially my doing," he said. "Name's Brian, and this is my partner, Lu. We just joined Team Snagem, and GRAY sent us here to deliver some healing items to the professor. Well, come to find out, they had to be delivered here in the Wild Area, and Krysta offered to guide me since I've never been to Galar.

"That being said, right after we put the Roto-device in place, we got caught up with one of the bikers, who decided to use a Magmortar to cheat and try to prevent us from escaping and damaged my Hoverboard in the process. The Elgyem that Mr. Sub got his final Wishing Piece from is the one that saved both Krysta and me twice, which is why it's exhausted right now. And the Magmortar the biker used is currently in my possession, since I was able to snag it right before the whole biker gang incident went down."
He said this last part nonchalantly, like it was something he did every day. Though he didn't show it outwardly, on the inside, he was still reeling from being able to snag a Pokemon at all, especially the way he had.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:35 pm
"Not sure, they haven't said yet. I imagine for the sake of drama or whatever for when they drop it on us." He replied to Absinthe. Considering this was a globally televised events such efforts to make it more dramatic would not be unheard of.

Sub jumped slightly when Blizzard spoke up and pointed out the Donphan in the room that was Krysta. He was prepared to defend himself, that he really didn't know how Krysta ended back up with them. That was until Brian spoke up. "I guess that answers that question. I guess it is fate that keeps bringing Krysta back to us. Guided by the Rainbow One...or something like that, I don't remember how it goes." He said, channeling a bit of his monk days but promptly dropping it.

"That Elgyem?" Sub asked in disbelief as he glanced over to where Krysta and the mentioned Psychic were. It looked so pitiful in this state. "Wait, what?" The Snagem leader's train of thought was completely derailed over the revelation that Brian had attempted, and succeeded, to snag a Magmortar. "Your first snag and it's a Magmortar!? Way to go! You got Snagem in your blood!" He shouted, playfully slapping Brian on the back.

"Any who...I suppose with Krysta with us, again, during a heavily televised event, crossing paths with the professor again is inevitable. I just hope we can solve any issues that arise, at a comfortable temperature." He grinned at Blizzard, not that he really intended to stop the hybrid from putting the professor in her place again, he just liked to toy with Blizzard.

During the brief period of silence in their chatter he heard Leon laughing and his younger sister protest his laughter. He couldn't help but smile himself, this was nice.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:33 pm
After Keiko and I left, William wandered around a bit and found the area the main group of Snagems was hanging out at rather quickly. "Ah, there you are. Just to let you know, I'll be able to partake in the fighting in the next round," William announced before letting his Gossifleur out of its ball for Sub and any other Snagem nearby to see.

"Yeah, that figures," Absinthe grumbled. "At least we'll get the chance to farm more Wishing Stars," she added, glancing at William and his newly-hatched Pokemon. Then at Brian and his first Snag. She didn't really know how to explain to herself how any of that made her feel. Envious that she wasn't the newest member anymore? Jealous that they'd (at least Brian) and gotten successful as a Snagem faster than her? Or was it that today was just one long, annoying day and she was sick of it? She couldn't be sure. All she knew for sure is that she didn't like feeling like this, whatever this was, and that dislike was making her want to fight, which was a typical reaction for a Deathrage.

~*~

"So, where are we going? This seems a bit far out to be 'just for a walk'," Keiko asked, a question I knew was coming the second she offered to join me. Before I could answer, however, my Cross-transceiver went off, which I wasn't aware I'd even taken with me.

"Care to explain to me exactly what it is you think you're doing?" my father's voice manifested from the device. He always had the worst timing.

"I'll explain everything about Team Snagem to you and mom after the-" I said, getting cut off by my usually impatient father.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Mercenary group, whatever. You and I are going to have a LONG conversation about THAT when you get home. I'm talking about that fight. You take something that doesn't belong from you and then you run away? I raised you better than that!" Dad yelled. In response , I squared my shoulders in preparation for saying something I knew I'd regret.

"I'm winning this tournament. But I gotta get in first, and I'll do everything in my power to achieve that. Honor can wait until then."

"THAT'S NOT-" Dad tried to say. My hands were too quick in removing the Cross-transciever's batteries for him to finish his sentence, however.

"Boring conversation, anyway," I muttered, pocketing the device and the batteries in separate pockets.

"He sounded... really mad," Keiko commented, her posture indicating meekness - not an uncommon look for her when it came to other people.

"I'm going to be paying for that, alright," I sighed raggedly. "But the last thing I need right now is his bellyaching. Focusing on winning this thing is more important,"

"I'm not so sure about that," Keiko said, looking very worried. "But you DID look kinda cool when you were standing up for yourself..."

I couldn't help but smirk at that, and that's when the thought of how'd I keep that poker face up for so long popped into my head. Normally I've never been good about hiding my emotions. As I thought about that, I felt the weight of the Betyl Stone in my jeans pocket and I couldn't help but wonder whether it was being in Snagem or being a Channeler that helped me grow a backbone.

"Shh," Keiko whispered despite the fact that I wasn't saying anything. I didn't have to focus my mind to tell that the depressed emotion I picked up on before was getting closer. Did Keiko hear something? I felt the urge to form a psychic blade in my right hand, but ignored it for now. I needed to see what the fuss was all about first.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:05 pm
"Just call me Blizzard." I would tell the new member. "This is Torchic here, next to me is Freth."

"Hey there." The female Articuno hybrid would say with a slight wave.

"And Tristen." I then would point out.

"Hi." The Manetric hybrid would then speak up.

Once Brian finished his explanation, I found myself needing an eyebrow to raise once again. Admittedly, it did explain why she's here now, at the very least. Fate conspiring to screw with everyone as usual. Guess I can't fault anyone for that one. That said... "Well nice bag on a Magmortar of all things."

"That reminds me...I probably should look at using that Magmarizer that I got a while ago for Magmar." Tristen mused.

"Well, its nothing you got to rush into." I said to the Manetric hybrid. "At any rate, I guess that whole thing with Krista and the bikers is all well and good, but what was so important that the professor had to talk to you in private yesterday." I would then ask to Sub. "You're not going to tell me it was nothing, are you? Because with as much of a stink she made yesterday, let alone how long you stayed with that Professor, that would be a whole lot of something to be considered 'nothing'." Frankly, Sub should have saw this one coming.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:34 pm
"Ah, Will, there you are. I was wondering where you went off to. Glad to see your time was productive though I have to ask...what is that?" He asked, eyeing the strange flower Pokemon. "Is it like a Galarian variant of Cherrim or something? Related to Flabebe?" There were many Galarian Pokemon the Snagem leader was unfamiliar with and Glossifleur was one of them. "Something wrong, Abby?" He asked the girl, noting that she seemed bothered by something.

"Maybe you could give Brian here some pointers with his new Magmortar, Tristen. Considering you both snagged your Fire types from more villainous characters I imagine you might be able to provide some pointers on taming it. Then again I suppose your Magmar wasn't that difficult to control." He shrugged. That was when the 'record' in his mind skipped upon hearing Blizzard's inquiry.

"Oof, nothing gets past ole Keen Eyes." He said, turning his attention to the hybrid. "Uh...hmm, well I guess you could say that the professor is trying to protect Krysta in the only way she knows how. The girl is parentless and I suppose there are certain individuals that would like to find her..." That was when he leaned in to whisper to Blizzard, deciding to give up on beating around the bush but still trying to protect Krysta's privacy, somewhat. "She is S-22's daughter."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:13 pm
Torchic would notice that I stopped scratching the feathers around his neck. My facial expression changed, granted by not that much, it was more than enough to warrant the fact that something was a bit wrong. I'd probably accredit to myself not going on a full on panic to discipline and things of the like, but holy hell. What does one do with news like that? S-22? That freakin' monster that nearly killed the whole lot of us? The first of two major projects concocted from Ein's sociopathic mind? That S-22? I looked back at Sub, staring at him for only a couple of seconds as if to say he was lying again, but I could tell...this was no joke. This wasn't something to be joked about, incidentally enough.

Though despite Sub was trying to keep it between us, woe be the two of us that there was a hybrid with canine hearing only a mere couple of feet away. I took notice to the Manetric hybrid, realizing that he heard what Sub said...Tristen's face was ready to contort over such the idea, but I merely shook my head 'no'. Tristen went back to stroking his Eevee, looking down at the Eevee instead of any particular person around the bonfire. The only solace to Tristen's state was that he was still worried about retribution from Reno from earlier today. "Torrr?" My Torchic, who was still on my lap, spoke up.

"Oh sorry about that Torchic, Uh, how about here?" I went back to scratching softly away at Torchic's feathers. Torchic got confortable, practically flopping over on my lap, content as can be.

"Torrrr." It spoke rather content.

"You're silly." I would then tell the tiny fire chick. "At any rate, we'll talk later on that, Sub." I would then say. This was something I needed dropped. Now. Freth would stare in confusion for a second. Although the tension only lasted for all of perhaps...five seconds, it didn't escape her notice. She was wise not to prod. "So...uh...what are we looking at for tomorrow?" I would then ask.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

KrystatheMewes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:02 pm
SubonicXP
"Not sure, they haven't said yet. I imagine for the sake of drama or whatever for when they drop it on us." He replied to Absinthe. Considering this was a globally televised events such efforts to make it more dramatic would not be unheard of.

Sub jumped slightly when Blizzard spoke up and pointed out the Donphan in the room that was Krysta. He was prepared to defend himself, that he really didn't know how Krysta ended back up with them. That was until Brian spoke up. "I guess that answers that question. I guess it is fate that keeps bringing Krysta back to us. Guided by the Rainbow One...or something like that, I don't remember how it goes." He said, channeling a bit of his monk days but promptly dropping it.

"That Elgyem?" Sub asked in disbelief as he glanced over to where Krysta and the mentioned Psychic were. It looked so pitiful in this state. "Wait, what?" The Snagem leader's train of thought was completely derailed over the revelation that Brian had attempted, and succeeded, to snag a Magmortar. "Your first snag and it's a Magmortar!? Way to go! You got Snagem in your blood!" He shouted, playfully slapping Brian on the back.

"Any who...I suppose with Krysta with us, again, during a heavily televised event, crossing paths with the professor again is inevitable. I just hope we can solve any issues that arise, at a comfortable temperature." He grinned at Blizzard, not that he really intended to stop the hybrid from putting the professor in her place again, he just liked to toy with Blizzard.

During the brief period of silence in their chatter he heard Leon laughing and his younger sister protest his laughter. He couldn't help but smile himself, this was nice.

Krysta Eyed the snagems carefully while trying to tend to the Elgyem that had given its all to protect her and Brian. Muse was off in a new by patch of grass snorting and rummaging around, presumably fine. She had worries on her mind. She could hear her name coming through as the giant blue one known as blizzard and Mr sub talked. while she couldn't hear all, or even most of it she knew they were at least talking about her. She gave a long sigh. She was going to have to address this with the professor, and was relatively sure she had been seen in the match. but was that cheating? she wasn't a snagem, but here she was clearly and blatantly helping a specific team.... She shuddered at the thought.

Krysta tried to make the Elgeym comfortable, putting some leaves that looked kinda soft under its head as a pillow. she knew when the professor found out all the goings on today, it wouldn't just be something so simple as cleaning the lab by hand. She was genuinely terrified that the Professor would strip her of her position and leave her homeless and without a direction or guidance.

Sge would lean back against a nearby small log, watching the snagems, but trying to refrain from interacting. she noted how Mr sub clearly lead the team, but was not all in their face drill sergeant about it. She wanted the snasgems tending to their pokemon and making camp. and she felt the icy chill from blizzard. Was it her imagination? Was he angry they had let an outside help? something else? She had no idea. She just got the distinct feeling of disdain and anger/annoyance at her presence though she know not why.

She would pull out her sketchbook and just slowly start drawing pencil sketches of the snagems. one by one, just trying to catch their essence. she would leave little notes at the bottom of each sketch. Sub's would read "Mr Sub. Clearly leader, friendly?" Brian's would read "Strong, New to team, friendly, kinda cute..." As she sketched she grew sleepy and eventually quietly curled up next to the Elgyem in a soft of protective manner, as she feel asleep.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:51 pm
"Leooonnn! I'm being serious!" "I know you are! But what kind of answer is that?!" The man continued to laugh at his sister as she pushed him as he fell on his back still laughing. While Ulla was still mad at Leon, she was able to sense his emotions for a quick second. He seemed; relieved. Ulla stood their quietly, thinking about her brother's feelings. He must've been so worried about her this entire time. Just putting up his usual cold front. So, seeing him laugh like this. Was actually really nice. "Sub told me, the reason why he is able to keep afloat. Is because of his team. He admits that he isn't okay, but he pushes through those feelings of despair for his own reason to keep moving on." Leon stopped laughing as he took Ulla's answer seriously this time. He glanced over at Sub then back at her. "I'm surprised that Sub opened up to you like that. Then again, you are one of the younger members here. So, it's understandable to go to someone like Sub himself for guidance...but." "But?"

Leon sat back up as he motioned Ulla to come closer. Ulla took a few steps forward as her brother flicked her forehead. "Buuuttt...you still got a lot of time to learn that stuff on your own. Don't try to grow up too fast now. Everything you'll learn, everything you will experience. Will help you in the long run." Ulla rubbed her forehead where Leon flicked. She thought about what he said as she only smiled. "Leon, you wanna hear what I'm gonna fight for? So I don't falter again?" "I already have a good idea." Ulla nodded.

After a bit of talking amongst themselves, Ulla noticed Krysta with the Elgyem. She remember how much stress it was under while they were fighting for this place. She was also interested in Krysta, seeing how they haven't spoken yet after they claimed this spot. The child stood up and was about to walk over to them as Leon grabbed her hand. "I know that look on your face. You are concerned for the Pokemon. But why don't you let Elgyem and Krysta sleep? It's been a long day, why don't you get some sleep as well?" Leon said as Ulla pouted but she knew he was right. She laid back down in the grass and was about to fall asleep. Leon waited for a little bit as he stood up and walked over to Blizz and Sub. "Have we decided what the plan is for the next day? Are we going to switch teams or anything like that?"

While Leon was speaking to Blizz and Sub, Ulla opened one of her eyes to make sure her brother wasn't looking. When she figured it was safe, she sat up and picked up her sleeping Vulpix as she ran off. She couldn't check on how Krysta and Elgyem were doing, but she can go see what Ter and Keiko were up to. Once she was a far distance away, she looked around and located where Keiko and Ter were. She hid in some tall grass as she was almost in hearing distance of them.  

Cecile Silverstone

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:37 pm
Reno would perk up as he could practically see Tristan's thoughts, patting his Wynaut on the head before getting up. So....he had freed some girl's father from enslavement rather than the much easier-sounding and honestly less risky kill him plan. Well, at least he had made the vaguely right play. Even if he ahd no idea where S-22 was now. Wait, why was he so focused on Tristan again? Oh right.

Siddling over next to the Manectric hybrid, Reno would smile to the kid before wrapping his only arm across Tristan's shoulders. "So.....I admire the panache it took to steal the thing and run for the hills. But the only reason I'm not choking you over that is the fact that the kid was very amicable about you trashing the deal he and I made. Are we clear?" Reno cordially told Tristan, letting the threat hang in the nice space between implication and outright statement.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:23 am
The man would nod at Blizzard's assertion that they drop the topic and pick it up later. Looking back at the bonfire, watching the flames dance, he considered what would they be looking at tomorrow. "Not sure exactly, haven't been anymore announcements from the drones so I expect more of what we saw today. That said we need more Wishing Pieces but I'm certain after today the other teams will be more cautious, especially Team Kanto who loss a chunk of their own. The others know we possess at least one Wishing Star and thus can Dynamax so that makes us a fairly big threat when near other Power Spots but who is to say the other teams haven't procured one in the first day and are just sitting on it? Yes, now we slowly transition into the more strategic phase. While our Wishing Star and Power Spot secure our place in the tournament for now it also paints a big target on our backs. We can't afford to leave the tower undermanned in case another team, who does indeed have a Wishing Star, decides they are desperate or cocky enough to challenge us for our stars and Power Spot via a Dynamax battle. That much is inevitable I believe the long this goes on." He began to respond to Blizzard.

"I think what we'll do tomorrow is send out a smaller group to find pieces. Then maybe send out one or two of us out to scout for the locations of the campsites of the other teams. It might be beneficial to know where to expect them and maybe if the opportunity is presented to us go out and raid them first." He said with a devilish grin. "We know where Team Alola is located at the very least, but I do not foresee capable of fighting them on their turf. That island at the center of the lake, Axew's Eyes, is crawling with Haxorus and one of their teammates is able to manipulate them somehow. For now we best leave them alone." He continued.

"Ah, Leon, I hope you just heard me." Sub perked up as Leon approached them, having largely already answered his question before it was even asked. "Yeah we will likely switch up the make up of our Hunter Team, leave behind those who saw the most action today. A night of rest will do everyone and their Pokemon some good but we can't afford to let our Pokemon overexert themselves, especially this early in the tournament and considering they are our anchor to continue participating. One of them gets exhausted and faints and that's it for that trainer." Sub said, pointing out the risk of pushing their Pokemon too much.

"Any who, until we hear more from the drones on the current state of the tournament we will continue to hunt down pieces. I suppose the next order of business we need to address is what to do with these other two Wishing Stars." Sub said as he held out the stars, one in each hand, the third one sparkling on his Challenger Band as the light from the bonfire bounced off of it. "It's too risky for just one person to hold onto all three so how do we decide who gets these two?"  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:48 pm
Absinthe didn't respond to Sub, nor did she hear what he whispered. As far as she was concerned, what was bugging her was her problem, not his. This left William to continue the conversation. "It's a Gossifluer, if I remember correctly. A local Grass-type Pokemon with only one stage to evolve into. I don't quite recall what their evolved form is called, sadly." William explained.

~*~

As Keiko shushed me, a Pokemon I couldn't identify walked up to us, seemingly not paying attention. The depression it was feeling matches what I was sensing, so I took a few steps back and let Keiko talk to the thing while I analyzed it using my SNAG's Pokedex feature. I haven't had time to update my Academy Pokedex sadly, so I unfortunately had to rely on GRAY. I kept the volume on my SNAG to a minimum so the inevitable bitching and moaning I was to receive from the AI wouldn't scare off the local.

"What's wrong?" Keiko asked, able to tell how the creature was feeling from the way it walked, its eyes downcast. The creature, instead of explaining, jumped in shock, then began stuttering in Pokespeak.

"I'm a hybrid of a Lopunny. That's why I can understand you," Keiko explained.

The pokemon then began explaining what it was doing here. Keiko understood her word-for word, and with some help with my telepathic bond with Rala, I wasn't all that slow on the upkeep myself. The Pokemon - a female Indeedee, proceeded to explain that it found an egg all by itself, so she tried to care for it herself, but lost it recently. The details she'd given of where she'd last seen it were an exact match of the area where we found the egg William took.

With a sigh, I explained to her what became of the egg, and that it hatched recently and already has a trainer. I expected a violent reaction to that, but instead, the young Pokemon seemed relieved. Then she looked right up at me, and I felt a ping from the Betyl Stone. Confused, I looked back at my SNAG and only then did I notice her specie were Psychic-type Pokemon. "She says you seem worried," Keiko said.

"She can sense emotions like me!" Rala thought happily. "And she's nice about it like some OTHER Pokemon I could name," Rala snapped, still upset about me catching Hatenne.

I ignored that and patted Indeedee's head, which it allowed - proof that it was interested in me. However, as soon as I did this, my mind was flooded with her memories. It took me a bit to get over that, and of course Keiko noticed me being a bit disheveled as a result. After shaking my head to regain my mental composure, I tapped Indeedee with a Pokeball, and she went in, seemingly without struggle.

"Huh. I figured she'd give you a fight if you tried that," Keiko pointed out. "I can't explain it either, but Rala and I both think it likes me for some reason. I felt it pinging my mind, either directly or through the Betyl Stone, I'm not sure which," I explained, more sure about it while it was happening than after.

"Not to mention what happened when you touched her head," Keiko pointed out. Well, let's get Ulla indoors in case someone else tries to come at us today," she added with a smile.

"Ulla?" I asked, looking around for a second before I realized that I've been sensing her concern for a while now. As a Fairy-Channeler, she was good at hiding her emotions from me despite my latent ability. "You know you don't have to hide from us, right?" I asked, smiling at the young girl.

"Come on, it's getting dark," Keiko said while looking at me, though she certainly said it loud enough for Ulla to hear.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff