Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[ORP] What shardin' happen' like really what? [candidates] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:09 pm
Odd was full of energy, wound up tight like a coiled tunnelsnake that was seeking dinner, just waiting for prey to come across... but in this case it was more or less her fellow candidates and gossip, about those eggs. That, that had not been what she expected out of a touching. She expected more then what she had with her green flits but not to that intensity.

"Soo," she started, drawing in a deep breath to project. "Are all touchings that intense? Like that was like more then I though it would be." She shifted up and down on her feet, toes to heel, trying to work out some of the foreign emotions that had pressed on her.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:36 pm
Tyanan happened to be walking next to the girl when she fairly erupted with questions. He couldn't help but grin; clearly this was maybe her first or second Touching. The white-blond young man looked at her with amusement. "Yeah, they're pretty much all like this," he commented. "This one was a little more intense than usual, but I've experienced worse. Much worse."

Being the friendly sort, he continued. "So is this like your first Touching? I remember my first -- shells, it really surprised me, even though I had all the training, like I'm sure you have. Talking to baby dragons that haven't hatched yet with your mind, that's some intense stuff there." Laughing, he shook his head. "Listen to me going on all rude like. I'm Tyanan, used to be a Dolphineer. Now I'm gonna be a dragonrider. One of thse days," he grinned again.

"What's your name?"

Shaddaling

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:13 pm
Aelyx was still a bit out of sorts after the Touching. Now granted, it wasn't the worst Touching she'd ever been to, but it certainly had taken its toll when that little egg had decided it was tantrum time. Hearing another girl speak up, she smiled a tiny bit, eyes warming as she looked over at them. It'd been so long, "I've been Standing for a while now." Her voice was soft, amusement written on her face, "And they can be like that. It gets worse come Hatching time. I've seen some crazy ones." Like the one where Huarwar's brother had died. Tucking her hands against her dress, she smiled at Tyanan, and then at their other friend, "I'm Aelyx. I used to be a Glasscrafter."

Shaddaling

tatterpixie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:03 pm
"More intense?" Eliaza hadn't really meant to eavedrop, but she was still a little out of sorts. Lectures about what-ifs and might-happens were one thing, but it was another to have something go wrong -- or wrongish -- when you were standing right there. There'd already been so many new things to keep track of, and if this wasn't even the most intense...

"I mean," she said, a little color touching her cheeks. "That seemed like a lot, didn't it?" Now that she'd intruded, she figured she might as well just join the conversation, so she drifted closer to be a more direct part. "If the dragonets don't don't get upset in their shells, are the Hatchings calmer?" More to the point, "Can they be calmed down again?"

She felt a little like she must look like a trundlebug had just crawled up her sleeve, so she paused, took a breath and exhaled into a smile. "Sorry. This is just ... I'm Eliaza. I'm-- I was going to be a vintner." And she was far away from home.

Shaddaling

tatterpixie

MaraRune

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Spockat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:25 am
Sivu threw his hands up and he walked in a less-than-elegant gesture of I have no idea, a less than elegant flip of his long hair to over a shoulder. The candidates were talking loud and he couldn't help but to butt in!

"I'm sure they were tired like any toddler," he said thoughtfully. "They haven't been bonded yet… maybe it's a bit harder to process their feelings don't you think?" He crossed his arms over his torso, reflecting on the other candidates words. "I'm sure all their parents are making sure they're feeling better. It can't be the first time an egg's… expressed themself, ah, loudly."

He fared alright, he thinks, at the Touching. No hurt feelings, anyway. There seemed to be quite a few upset faces he had passed, but he's remarkably good at letting things flow like water off his back. Butterfly egg had given him a cold shoulder, but he would give himself a cold shoulder if he wasn't feeling sociable too.

"I'm Sivu," he offers casting a glance at the other's. He shares not his lack of craft. What would could he say? Oh yes I've sucked at every craft I've tried? Wouldn't THAT impress his peers and dragonlings alike. Instead he goes with the safer: "Quite a day."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:45 am
In spite of all his careful maneuvering, he'd managed to get pressed into the general crowd on his way out of the Sands--all too quickly, he found that most of his good mood had been sapped by the heat and proximity of others, and being somewhat trapped among a large group of people was icing on the cake. Lyfrocier did little to stop the deepening frown on his face, staring ahead into empty space rather than focusing all of that on someone else. Still, he could catch the edges of a conversation happening nearby, and it caught his attention--it seemed to be centered around the eggs, of course. That was hardly surprising, given what they'd all just walked away from.

"They were certainly loud." Was it his place to comment? No, perhaps not. Even still, perhaps a little group venting might do something for his mood. "Lyfrocier. Fashion designer." His tone is clipped, but not harsh--he hadn't spoken to any of this group of candidates before, as far as he was aware, and he didn't particularly want to start off on the wrong foot. "A pleasure to meet all of you properly. As for the eggs, though...I hope they'll be in better spirits when they hatch."
Otherwise, they were going to have a hell of a time on the Sands. Running afoul of a hatchling was by no means on his agenda, and he didn't intend to be anything's chew toy, either. For a moment, he thought of that spark of joy from the Rose Egg--and how unprepared he'd been for a dragon to actually speak to him at all.

"Still, I'm. Looking forward to seeing them, tantrums aside." He could admit that much here, right? All of them were here for the same reason, more or less. Lyfrocier paused to adjust his glasses, giving a soft huff when he noticed a smudge on one of the lenses. Now was--not the time to clean that, though, so he'd just have to put up with it until he could actually stop and attend to it. "We'll just have to wait and see what happens, though."  

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:23 pm
"Yeah, it was my first. I have flits, but they don't ever get that intense." Her girls were there but she could easily ignore them if needed, that though, that wasn't something she could ignore. "Odellet, but Odd works. Its easier to bellow out." She grinned at the gathering crowd.

"So, Tyanan-Dolphineer, bet you swim good then. " She said, pointing at him, Aleyx, glass crafter, bet you can stand the heat," she winked cheekily at the girl, "and Eliaza vintner, got to tell me your favorite type now don't you?" Odd replied placing names and those little important facts to the faces.

She waved at Sivu and Lyfrocier. "They certainly were loud."

"Sooo question is now that all happened. What you think going to hatch out of them.. I think Big Purple Glitter might be a Queenie, certainly acts a bit like it. "

Samuel Carlin

tatterpixie

MaraRune

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:51 pm
Guessing games felt dangerous. Suppose those hatchlings could hear you? Speculating. What if you guessed wrong? What if the Mother Dragon overheard them and whacked them all upside the head with her huge tail. Sivu supposed some people could feel disappointment at colors, maybe especially at High Reaches.

It.. didn't really matter to him. If a dragon chose you, your were there's. Ballad material. Magnificent. Wonderful. And what did flying truely feel when you aren't just the wide eyed passengers! He smushed his hands to his chin gleefully at the thought, entranced.

"They are all queens to me, my friend." For all he knew they could be, stupid broken eyes seeing olivey browns and dim grays. Bet they were all beautiful. And their egg patterns had been magnificent! Surely whatever was contained within would be just as such.

"Could you even imagine such a thing!"  

Spockat

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:09 pm
Tyanan grinned hugely as the conversation swirled around him. "Yeah, I can swim pretty good," he replied to Odd, "and I can surf. That's why I came to Western -- I heard the surfing was great! Nah, I'm joking."

Listening to the others, it seemed that most of them had never been to a Touching before, or at least not many Touchings. "Wait til you experience a Hatching! You thought this was intense..." The tall youth shook his head. "Hatchings are a whole different story. They're exciting and terrifying in equal measure. And joyful as the dragonets Impress. Even if you don't Impress one of them, you can't help but feel joy for those who do," he said wistfully. Someday his turn would come and there would be a dragon on the Sands for him. He just knew it!

Shaddaling

MaraRune

Samuel Carlin

Spockat

Zaikt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:40 pm
Of course Odellet would ask. "What's your favorite was a question even the newest apprentice had been trained to expect. Eliaza had also learned how not to be exasperated by it, so her answer was given with a slightly wider smile. "I was planning -- well, hoping -- to work on redfruit wines and ciders when I had the chance," she answered. "But no one can argue against Benden's red. Or, I suppose...there's a wine the makers call a golden that comes from a little Hold called Hidden Cove. They don't make much of it but it's very good." Wines were far less stressful to talk about than upset draggonets, anyway.

Shaddaling

----

Ollandin had followed the group but lingered near the back of the cluster. Listening. He'd just meant to listen, but then someone asked what had started it, and the dark-skinned young man swallowed past a lingering knot of guilt. "It was me," he offered, stepping a little more forward. "I mean, partly my fault? Maybe." He glanced from face to face. "It just looked so bright and happy, that little yellow shell, and I thought it looked like it was glowing. If I'd known it was going to get that upset, I'd. I'd have told it something else." Anoother glance around. "Sorry."  

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:24 pm
"Well that would certainly be different," Odd said, musing over the idea of all queens. Certainly the eggs were shiny enough. "Be sort of a mess and disappointment for all the boys though if they were."

"Though a lot of greens are queens at heart." She gave Sivu a broad wink and grin. "Best just treat all the ladies as queens."

"Surf can you? Never got the reason for it, though it looks like you need some skill to keep from falling." She looked at Tyanan appreciatively. "Think you can surf on the back of a dragon?" She questioned.

"And a cider would certainly hit the spot right about now, don't you guys think? Certainly wouldn't complain about having one..." or more. She smiled at Eliaza. "Least it sounds like you enjoy your craft, yeah?" Which was probably a good thing. She was enjoying this, pinging from person to person, trying to keep them all involved.

"Wait.. wait that was you?" That was what got that baby all upset? Just a passing thought that it looked like it was glowing. "You poor mite... I mean you couldn't have known if was going to react like that. It wasn't like you were thinking bad thoughts." Odd shook her head, surprised. She was rather sure someone insulted the egg somehow.

tatterpixie

MaraRune

Samuel Carlin

Spockat

Zaikt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:27 pm
"I've seen Greens come from large eggs, and Golds come from small! There's no telling, and that's part of the excitement. "She answered, striding along with them, "The clutch my....Huarwar Impressed in, there were twin Golds in a very cramped shell. It's part of why I can't wait to see what comes of this one. It's always so strange and different."

Shaddaling

tatterpixie

Samuel Carlin

Spockat

Zaikt

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:17 pm
"Eh, eggs get upset. If it hadn't been that, it would've been something else. They are just... little, after all." Shoxiel could certainly understand the overwhelming feeling that came from too many people at one time. "And there was a couple that seemed less than thrilled to be touched, anyway." Unless perhaps certain eggs had spurned all who had approached? But it wasn't his first touching, likely wouldn't be his last, and eggs still came in a wide variety of personalities.

He glanced over at the group he... hadn't intended on eavesdropping in on, as he kept his hazel gaze on the candidates milling. A thread of worry for his foster brother still lingered in his knitted eyebrows, but his own protective feelings had fluttered over the group of candidates. Supposed he could catch up to Loctius later on. "Sorry for butting in -- I'm Shoxiel, ah, just a weyrbrat. I do like to try and learn bits where I can." He gave a small wave.

"Mm -- I remember that one." It had.. stuck out quite a bit. "I wonder if there might be any twins this time around, too."

MaraRune

Shaddaling

tatterpixie

Samuel Carlin

Spockat

Zaikt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:53 am
"Can't expect much restraint out of them. They're only children, after all."
Lyfrocier simply shrugged, although he stopped to turn and pick out the man who claimed responsibility for Yellow Swirl's tantrum. His gaze was...precise, to say the least, an analytical stare that noted down Ollandin's face for future reference. It might be a good idea to avoid standing too close to him during the Hatching, now that he thought about it.
"In any case. You didn't have malicious intent, did you? Just got a little too enthusiastic, is all." Was he intending to reassure Ollandin, or was he doing little more than stating what he saw as fact? "If I were you, however, I might spend some time hoping it won't hold it against you. Like I said--it's only a child."
Whether or not that meant anything positive was much more of a mystery.

Shoxiel's entrance into the conversation earned a short nod of acknowledgment, not to mention a very interesting topic--the concept of twin dragons hadn't quite made it onto his radar yet, but now that someone had brought it up, he couldn't help but wonder. Would that have been obvious in the Touching, or--? Probably not, especially considering the fact that he wasn't experienced enough with speaking to dragons. How would he know the difference?

Tyanan and Aelyx had caught his focus for very similar reasons, and when a slight break in conversation afforded him the opportunity, he looked at them each in turn before addressing them properly.
"Both of you are veteran candidates, aren't you? Correct me if I'm wrong." He cocked an eyebrow, hesitating just long enough to allow for any possible interjection. "Would you happen to have any advice, by any chance? We might yet need it."

Shaddaling

tatterpixie

MaraRune

Samuel Carlin

Spockat

Prism Shine

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:09 pm
"A cider would be nice," eliaza agreed with a smile. "And I do. Did. Er. Enjoy my craft, I mean. Not that I don't enjoy this," she added glancing from face to face. Some of tese people had obviously been Standing for a while, and she really didn't want to offend anyone, especially not as an outsider to the Weyr. "It's just different."

Shaddaling

----

Ollandin looked honestly surprised by Lyfrocier's question. "Malicious? No, not even a little bit." He glanced from face to face as well. "I hope nobody would go touch an egg if they were thinking bad thoughts. I mean, everyone knows better than that." He did, certainly. It wasn't his first time on the Sands, either. "It was just a mistake."

zaikt

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces