Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] A wild lizard hunt [Etansi | Shoxiel | Sivu ]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spockat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:22 pm
“Chase to point. Hi, hello. Look I need to borrow your firelizards, okay?” He was tapping his foot at a high velocity, nerves. Nerves the lot of it. It was completely a normal person request. Not insane what so ever. Normal people definitely just tugged on the sleeves of strangers after lessons and made bizarre requests. Completely. Reasonable.

“Someone spotted a clutch and I thought, maybe I could try to look for my own.” This was no way to explain anything but it all came tumbling out anyway. “But I never even pet one. I love them.. But what if I squish it.”Dragons were big enough, a little more… sturdy. But firelizards, there wings looked so adorable - so fragile!

Sivu lowered his voice to a deathly serious whisper. “What if it tries to eat my fingers.” What a horror. He’d never write his silly tales of strapping strangers smooching ever again if he couldn’t hold a quill. Oh perish the thought. “So maybe if I pet one if they.. you? Didn’t mind? Maybe I’d have better luck.”

“So.. what do you say?” He folded his arms, protecting himself from the inevitable no. He supposed he could always make a back up plan. He let out a long low breath. “And who doesn’t love beach trips?” He coaxes. Cherry on the top, maybe he totally had this in the bag yet.

Hattaki
[ >:3 ] Pet a bean and

Prism Shine
C:< Go on a snipe hunt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:59 pm
Food halfway in her mouth, utensil still sticking haphazardly out of it, Etansi turned to blink in confusion at Sivu. While the older Candidate had been around she'd never actually spoken to him, in fact she was fairly certain at this point that most of her fellows knew she was gruff and thought it was worth it to leave her utterly alone. Etan of course did not help matters with his teeth often bared and his red little eyes glaring at anyone that might have thought to approach her, even now. But he was newer, even if only a bit.

"You... want my fire lizards?" Etansi started, stammering on her words just a tad as she was taken utterly aback by the man's deep well of energy. She pulled the utensil she'd spoken around out of her mouth and cast a wary glance down at her dark blue fire lizard on her shoulder who was already mantling his tiny wings at the other Candidate as if he could scare him off.

No, certainly not him.

She sent a request that was more of an order to Lolo and within moments the pale blue was dancing around her head lazily on his snowy looking wings. "Meet Lolo, he won't bite. Can pet him." She waved a hand for the little blue to go and pay attention to Sivu for a moment as she took another bite of her roast and watched carefully. Her blues were the easiest as she hadn't quite trained Necklace up fully and given his penchant for being hyper it might actually spook the nervous man. Not to mention he was still a little nippy when he was hungry. "So, fire lizard hunt? They're good, should find one out on sands since it's warm."

Though truth be told she didn't know if a fire lizard could find a nest of eggs randomly out on the sands.

Spockat

Prism Shine

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:09 am
Lunch had been what Shoxiel had in mind for that day, that and his rest to be able to snarf up some food and do some light reading. Lunch was light -- some rolls, a bit of fruit, and a scrubbed up carrot (and some dried jerky for Keeper) -- so as to not make a mess of hide while reading. A cozy spot to sit, with Keeper settling languidly across his shoulders and sniffing at his lunch hungrily. Perfection.

He's just torn into the jerky, giving his dainty green a nibble before his gaze turns up sharply to the candidate looking rather fit to be on a klah buzz. Or, he wasn't the only candidate to be accosted, gaze turning to… oh shaffit, what was her name? Erastan? No, that was.. her brother -- Etansi! That was it!

"Uh," Shoxiel tried lamely, to fill in the gap of the request and processing it. He wanted to.. use his firelizard? Pet her? "Why not? This is Keeper," Scarred arm extended out, the aforenamed firelizard scrambled down to his hand to peer at Sivu, wings mantled and tail wrapped loosely around Shoxiel's wrist for balance. Her eyes only whirled in curious, bright greens and blues. "I, uh -- I got her from a wild clutch. Her nails get me pretty good, no matter how I file them, but she's never bitten."

"Don't.. I do not think I have ever heard of a firelizard being used to find a clutch, but.. I suppose it is worth the try, is it not."

Hattaki

Spockat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:21 pm
“Oh thank you, thank you.” He inclined his head respectfully. “I’ll make it up to you somehow, sometime.” He settled for breaking off part of a meatroll and extending a piece delicately in the direction of Lolo. He was positively giddy, he hadn’t even bitten, yet, or anything. Firelizards always seem so… delicate? Baby dragons, eggs, that touching - those all seemed big enough to not be nervous about hurting. Firelizards and human babies - nervous. Terrifying. Adorable?

Would the little lizard take the treat from from him? Should he have speared it on to the end of his fork? That runners out of the barn, best he see where it takes him. “Look at you little one oh how precious a lizard.”

“I don’t know if it would work, or everyone would be doing that wouldn’t they?” He considers carefully. Extending his hand slowly to Keeper, fingers down as one would do with a timid dog. Or a timid man afraid of losing a chunk of flesh to one. “I figured I’d have a little luck if I ever find one, with knowing how to you know interact with one without being an enormous idiot about it.”

He blew a long winded breathe out slowly. “I figured I’d get all of that out of my system now, and you know and get told if I needed to be doing something, well different. They were common enough at the harper hall, they were just always running letters and not very good for petting.”

Hattaki
He just babbling

Prism Shine
like a nervous guppy

Spockat

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:43 am
Bowing and any sort of inclined movement in her direction always put Etansi on edge a bit, as it generally put the person much closer to her, albeit briefly, than they'd been the moment before. That and she'd used it to her advantage before herself and thieving came much easier when heads were face down. Still, the teen tried to press that memory from her mind and think friendlier thoughts, as she'd been doing for months, turns now really. There was no use being so negative when she was in the company of others that seemed... so soft.

Of course that only turned the predator on in her mind and that was harder to turn off, but with an effort she let a calm smile dance over her face before disappearing as quickly as it'd come. No use setting the two older men on edge just because she lived in that state constantly.

Despite her own brief inner turmoil, Lolo was enjoying himself very plainly, his eyes a bright mixture of green and blue as he gobbled down pieces of meatroll that were held out to him. Chirps and trills filled the spaces between the bites he took and when Sivu's attention turned to Keeper he landed on the man's shoulder, rubbing his head back and forth just above his ear in a bid for more meatroll.

"Lolo, be good." Etansi gruffed when she noticed the behavior, but the pale blue only gave a sad cheep, keeping his position on the man's shoulder. "Did find one on a beach, bronze boy. Blues were... gifts." It wasn't entirely a lie as one of the eggs had been intended to be a gift from Erastan before she'd taken them both out of spite. Where her brother had gotten them she still didn't know.

Still... "Never know about fire lizard clutches until find one. Worth a try?" Her quizzical expression spoke to it possibly being impossible but she made certain to glance it more at Shoxiel when Sivu was distracted.

Spockat

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:55 am
Keeper made a show of sniffing the offered fingers, her own little paws reaching and holding onto Sivu’s hand as she made her way across this new arm bridge. It’s a slow walk, branching from Shoxiel and making her way up Sivu’s arm -- only stalling at Lolo’s jump to the shoulder, chirping at the blue curiously. She’s taking delicate step after step, minding her claws for a stranger as she climbs and explores.

Gaze switching between Sivu and Etansi, quietly assessing the situation. A rather loudmouth, odd candidate, and the quiet, gruff one. Quite an.. Odd pair, if he had to say so. Shoxiel almost would rather gather his things, to go find peace and quiet amongst his foster mother’s cabin or further along the beach. “Certainly worth a shot -- who knows, we may all be lucky.” Still, he sighs, packing up his few things into his satchel and slinging it over his shoulder. “I suppose we will never find a firelizard if we do not start somewhere.” Dusting off what little sand stuck to his clothes, he stood and looked at his fellow candidates.

Maybe it was a mistake -- there were certain candidates he preferred to not get tied up with, and doing chores together wasn’t the worst spanses of time he could go through. But free time, when he would rather spend it deep in the midst of thought… Yet, who was he to deny helping out someone who asked for help? Fruitless chase or not.

“Do you have something to feed it on hand, in case we get lucky? I have some dried jerky, if not.”

Hattaki

Spockat

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Spockat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:07 am
He tentatively raised a hand to Lolo, carefully oh so very carefully stroked their soft side with a finger. He held his shoulder still, terrified he'd unsettle their perch. It was absolutely darling, nudged and nuzzled. For food sure, but it was a small boost of confidence for Sivu. "Oh how lovely," he cooed at Lolo. How charming it must have been to hatch a blue pair from eggs? As a gift even!He offered the blue firelizard another small bite between his fingers. Then another for Keeper. One for bite for Lolo, one for Keeper - oh how CUTE. Oh he could melt.

His eyes followed Etansi's to Shoxiel. He was fully prepared to grovel with a puppy face if he had to. It wouldn't work on Etansi, he thinks. She's probably whack him with her lunch plate. Shoxiel seemed a little… perceptive. Crisis averted. "Oh yes! So worth a try." He'd clap his hands together with delight if he didnt have creatures with needle claws perched upon his shoulders.

Sivu studied his food a moment, taking roast he hadn't eaten and wrapped it carefully in a few layers of napkin. If anything it he could feed the seabirds later. He tucked it in a tunic pocket and with a gentle pat. "I think that should do?" It would probably grease his shirt by the end of the afternoon...ah well.

"Its a fine afternoon, and lessons took so long," Sivu so slowly, so gently scooted the sweet little lizards to their bonded. "Come, l let ut s take a walk on the beach. Perhaps lizards await us all."

Hattaki
BEACH

Prism Shine
TRIPb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:19 pm
While Lolo had opened his small muzzle as if to respond to Keeper, the light blue instead understanding of his bonded's insistence that he be calm and polite. Still, politeness didn't extend to turning down food and the fire lizard scarfed it down, trilling each time with joy. However he seemed to catch on quickly when the man started to shoo her away and he popped Between with a quiet little sound.

Luckily Etansi seemed to pick up on it too and she glanced down at the food on her plate, a little more than half eaten but there was still some left so she scooped it up and wrapped it in a piece of cloth she'd had folded in her pocket in case her hand needed re-wrapped once more. If it needed it she'd just have to deal with it. "Will have extra if you need." The teenager had quite a few fire lizards already and if there were only one then she'd do her best to run away so Sivu could have it, or Shoxiel.

"Lessons aren't too long or bad." Her eyebrows wrinkled up slightly together at the thought, for she loved to learn, especially with how little she knew, everything was wonderfully new and good for her. Concern radiated just enough off of her that Etan hissed slightly and mantled his wings at both the men beside her, at least until she held a hand up to muffle him and smooth his wings down. "S... sorry. He's protective. So you spotted any nests at all recently?"

Spockat

Prism Shine

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items