Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 3:26 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

It was like Shalaera always knew - because really, she had enough friends to be in the know of these things! And sometimes because she happened to drop by with good enough odds to be able to do her thing rather quickly. She hummed as her little (was 11 firelizards little?) coterie sprawled out amongst the eggs she had carefully set about the table, both mother and father - a beautiful gold and bronze - fawning over their brood fondly.

Yes, for those familiar to the Weyr and it's hatchings, Shalaera was a rather common face - and she was up to her common thing between her trade and checking in on those little ones who had left her hands in the past.

Who was eager to place a bet?

Quote:

Rules:
- ICly Shalaera will be taking bets for the period of a few days.
-Pach cannot and will not make specific color based bets! (Example: 'I think the Bunny Egg is a Green') I will counter any bets of that variety with things I cannot possibly know as a staff member!
---> As an addendum, I *can* make bets about a character impressing x color because I have no place in making matches and cannot know!
-Pach is hosting this as a *player* not a *staff member*. This has caused problems in the past when understood in the opposite, so I am being clear now!
-BECAUSE OF UPSET IN THE PAST, I AM NOW LIMITING PEOPLE TO 2 IC BETS TO KEEP EVERYTHING FAIR. SORRY!
-I will make the terms of the bets as clear as possible to keep from anybody calling cheatsy-doodle later! This is just for the sake of my sanity!
-Make sure you make your bet clear in OOC ('N'pc is betting that The Bunny Egg will hatch as one of the last 5 eggs' 'H'elper is betting that Candidate Blurfus will impress a Blue!'). I'll nudge you if I need it in clearer terms, okay?
-Staff can make vague bets about things they can't know from behind the scenes! Things like 'I think The Bunny Egg will be a small dragon for their color!' 'I think The Bunny Egg will impress a girl!'
- When the first egg hatches, all bets are closed!
- Because of previous complaints, I will be *randomizing* prizes from all available eggs for both IC and OOC betting. This means you don't get to pick which prize you get! Sorry! - There are more prizes in the OOC betting thread that will also be rolled from if you're curious!
- Because of Previous Complaints, people can only win 1 egg from both IC and OOC Betting!

- If I have more eggs than I do winners, I'll roll a few participation prizes!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:35 pm
Brenley would like to bet that a brown hatchling will Impress someone from the stands.

Rykin would like to bet that all of the blue dragons will Impress female Candidates.

Smerdle

Scamp

Spockat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:00 pm
Nona, struck by what she thinks could be luck, bets that more browns will impress to girls than boys.

B'jor, with careful consideration, bets that Etansi will impress this Hatching.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:25 pm
Oh! A friend! Brenley was greeted by brown Euboea, who cheeped very friendly-like to him. His attentiveness drew Shalaera's attention. "A brown to the stands, hmm? Very well. Your brown to the stands won't be the only one who picks theirs from the Stands." she countered

[Shalaera counter-bets Brenley that there will be at least two Stands impressions - and one will be the brown.]

Little blue Wallow peeped up at Rykin at the word blue. Oh! He's blue! Hello! Shalaera stroked him idly. "I bet there will be at least one lady on a brown," she replied - a rather unusual bet in and of itself, but he'd gone big so she would too.

[Shalaera counter-bets Rykin that there will be at least 1 lady on a brown]

Smerdle

-----

Shalaera considered Nona's bet while gold Salia regarded the young woman warily, spreading her wings as tho to protect her brood from the unknown. "Enough of that, they're fine," Shalaera chided, scooping up the uncoperative queen into her arms.

"Hmmm. I bet the first brown to impress will pick a boy, then," Shalaera countered with a smile.

[Shalaera counter-bets Nona that the first brown impression will be to a male candidate.]

Artemision, for his part, took up Salia's mantle, laying over his eggs and hissing softly at the stranger. He would also find himself scooped up with about the grace of a very fussy feline. B'jor made a fairly straightforward bet - which wasn't a bad thing, really. "I am not certain who that is, butttt....I will bet she finds herself astride a lovely green." Not a bad bet!

[Shalaera counter-bets B'jor that Etansi will impress a green]

Spockat

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:25 pm
Shoxiel hummed slightly, holding up a hand to brace Keeper as the green firelizard peered curiously. "I am willing to bet there'll be more Western candidates that Impress this time."

A bet? Hmmmm, no doubt she had to get in on that. Dystzha absolutely grinned, bouncing slightly. "I bet that the last green to impress goes to a girl."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:25 am
Huntress thrummed up at Keeper, balancing on her hind legs as she investigated the other firelizard. Peep?

"Very well. I bet the majority of Western Candidates to impress will be boys," Shalaera offered to Shoxiel in return.

[Confirming - Shoxiel's bet is more than half of the baby dragons will impress to Western Candidates. (It's clear I'm just putting it down here so nobody claims majority meant like 3/4ths lmao)

Shalaera counter-bets that more than half the baby dragons to impress Western Candidates will choose boys.]

Several of the firelizards on the table bounced in unison with Dystzha.

"Okay, well that green will not be the last dragon to pick a female candidate," Shalaera loved specific bets like Dystzha's because it left lots of room to make a creative counter.

[Shalaera counter-bets that the last girl to impress will not impress a green.]

Prism Shine

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:33 pm
Ever the gambling man, Z'haq waved with a friendly grin as he approached Shalaera. "Didn't we just do this?" he joked, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. "I got the winning combination this time. Just you wait and see."

The Flightleader released Shalaera and cleared his throat dramatically. "I bet... that there will be three bronzes in this clutch, and that only one of them will be going to a High Reaches Candidate." With a nod of satisfaction, he beamed down at her. "That's what Eorawth thinks anyway, but he can't place a bet."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:49 pm
T’tain bets that the 14th egg to hatch will be a blue

T’tain saw the oh so familiar form and grinned. Egg betting was held in a lot of ways and he enjoyed every one of them. Shalaera was always good for a bet or two and it appeared this time was no different. Sauntering up, T’tain gave a small wave. “Hello, my dear. We meet again. I have a bet for you and am interested in what you have to say. I bet the fourteenth egg to hatch will be a blue dragon.”  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:28 am
While Reya went to visit her son and brother, T'of sought out Shalaera, whom he was certain would be around somewhere. He'd never actually won any bet he'd placed with her, come to think of it, but he didn't much mind. It was all in good fun. Makhmilith wanted T'of to place a bet on his behalf, and so did Reya. T'of wasn't entirely sure he understood Reya's bet, to be honest, because she had gotten very numerical, but Makh's was easy, so once he found Shalaera, it was the dragon's bet that he led with.

"Hello again," T'of greeted Shalaera with an easy-going grin. As long as no one touched him, all his grins were easy-going. "This time my dragon is absolutely certain he has come up with a winning bet: we bet that a blue dragon will be among the first three to Impress."

I'm pretty sure of it, Makhmilith said to T'of. Not absolutely certain. Nobody should be absolutely certain about anything.

"Also, is it all right for me to place a bet on someone else's behalf if they can't come find you to do so on their own?" A part of him hoped that Shalaera would prefer all bets be placed in person. It would spare him having to try to make sure he phrased it correctly.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:56 am
Shalaera rose up to greet Z'haq - a very familiar face! "Well tell your golds to stop rising and you can see less of me!" she teased, returning the pseudo hug and relinquishing it just as quickly as she scooped up her notes.

"Same bet or two separate ones there? Three total or three minimum?" she asked - just to be sure. "And how is your little doing?" how old were they now. Two? Goodness, time flew!

Tatterpixie
Quick clarification!

----

T'tain was a rather familiar face, Sylif and Wallow both peeping at him in greeting as he approached. Shalaera returned his wave.

"Ah! A very good bet! Let's see," twisting a lock of her hair, Shalaera considered it briefly. "Your blue will be large for it's size - and not just by average."

[Shalaera is counter-betting that the blue in T'tain's bet will be 31-33' at its adult size]

Faesinger

----

T'of was very familiar and Shalaera greeted him with a smile - and several of her flitters peeped at him in greeting themselves. Even the distant Mele took pause to look him over before hissing and flaring his wings. Shalaera scooped the blue up and cradled him like he was a baby. Mele hissed in protest, but she went unbitten for his fussing.

"Mmm! That's a good bet! I think Makhmilith's blue will be...lessee..." Shalaera bounced the blue in her arms, making him thrash impatiently as she thought, "will hatch no sooner than the 5th egg, but no later than the 6th."

As for his question....."I'd prefer bets be made in person - I don't want to give people a reason to argue technicalities - or for people to come claim on bets when I don't know who they are, y'know?"

[Shalaera counter-bets T'of that if a blue DOES impress in the first 3 impressions, it will have hatched from the 5th or 6th egg.]

Princess_Feylin

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:53 am
"Two separate bets," Z'haq replied, holding up two fingers. "Want to increase my chances as much as possible. So first bet is three bronzes, and second bet is one of the bronzes will go to High Reaches."

The bronzerider beamed with pride. "My daughter is doing great! She's two Turns now, can you believe? I spend as much time with her as I can between my duties -- Resa is amazing at raising her, though." Z'haq was gushing a little bit, but he didn't care; he was very proud of little Zharesa!

demon_pachabel
a clarification -- two bets!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:51 am
"Goodness! She's so big!" Shalaera didn't seem to mind his gushing, she'd asked after all! "I'll have to come see her at some point!"

"Okay, so to Three Bronzes Total...hmmm..." Shalaera considered her options for a moment, "I think all three of your bronzes will be on the larger size for a bronze and for your second bet...I think we'll see an overwhelming choice of Western Candidates from the bronzes - a majority, rather than more-than-half."

[Shalaera counter-bets

1. All three bronzes in Z'haq's first bet will be larger than 40'
2. At least 3/4ths (a majority) of the bronzes will choose Western Candidates ]

Tatterpixie

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:22 pm
Odellet bet there will be a queen among the clutch.

Wen thinks there will be at least two browns with one impressing a girl.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:40 pm
Odellet was regarded by both green Huntress and Dromi. Peep peep! Friend? No touch! Only friend!!!

"Hmmm, you think so?" Shalaera pondered. Were Queens in maiden clutches common? "I think if there is one, it will hatch after the 10th egg has." she countered.

A lady on a brown, hmm? Well...."Very well, I think if a brown does pick a lady, it will be one from High Reaches," she told Wen.

[Shalaera is counter-betting that any Gold in this clutch will hatch from 11th thru last egg to Hatch.

Shalaera is counter-betting that if a brown does impress a female candidate, it will be one from High Reaches (and not a High Reaches Standidate. Candidate proper.)]

Shaddaling

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:49 pm
Odellet grinned at the greens, cooing at the little ladies. "Aren't you two a riot, yes you aree. Think you might get along with my own little trouble makers. Are you too trouble? I bet you are trouble."

"mmhm. 10th egg got it." She said, wiggling her fingers at the flits.  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff