Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:44 pm
W'tarl was doing his best to keep things being relayed properly from those above him. "Got an easy one for you two today - the healers need an extra set of hands to help with some herbs they're processing. Sounds like you'll be cutting some plants and pressing them so they can make more medicine."

Which meant their hands would smell phenomenal.

Tsunake

Hattaki

Quote:
Have fun! I know Tsu has an HR Healer who can NPC in some specifics but lemme know if you need help! biggrin

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 5:05 pm
After everything that she'd been through, all the healing and adjusting, Miela had taken the advice Tristram had given her from a letter she'd received in their correspondences. The small scarred girl had started to volunteer with the Healers on her free days and usually any free time she had, to be given a chore helping them actually put her a bit at ease.

Turning to the boy she was paired with for the chore, Miela inclined her head slightly, a reserved smile crooking the corner of her mouth upwards just a bit, aware of what it looked like to others with her facial scars. "Have you had a chore with the healers before?"

Tsunake

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 6:17 pm
Dehka didn't hesitate to smile back at the younger girl, his own scars underneath his eye crinkling in response. "Not as often as I'd like, honestly... What about you?" He knew Miela, of course, but unlike some, he only felt sympathy for her injury, and admiration at how well she seemed to be doing. Truth be told, he thought it'd be fascinating to work hands-on with herbs. They used so many of them to help treat sick and injured patients!

He was surprised but pleased to see that it was Nassiva who was waiting to receive them. The woman had a warm smile for each Candidate. "Good morning. I'm guessing you've been briefed on what you're doing today? It's not tough, promise."

Hattaki

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 9:03 pm
Though she didn't really care, the older boy certainly had a nice smile, it seemed the type to put others at ease if he used it correctly. But that wasn't the feeling that she sensed from him, it was more... just pure kindness. There was a time when feeling that sort of kindness and sympathy that she could see on his face would have burned her, but Miela had gotten used to it and didn't nearly feel the need to scream anymore like she used to right after being torn apart and stitched back together. Maybe it was the glass eyes though, for even today she'd popped in a color she was the most fond of that popped from her other hazel.

Bright purple. Who didn't love a little color after all?

"I have, but it hasn't been that long since I started." Miela gestured with a hand to her face, "Started as a way to say thank you. For reasons. So I fit it in around my lessons in my free time."

The woman that spoke to her once they arrived at the healers wasn't unfamiliar to the young teen but she didn't know her name very well either. Just that it started with an N and that she'd seen her before, which she'd have to work on. "Never worked with plants and herbs before, mostly just handed bandages and gathered things." Miela bowed her head, her pigtails bouncing down and then up again with the movement.

Tsunake

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 10:18 am
Honestly, Dehka had never heard of glass eyes before, and was doing his best not to stare openly at it. "Ah, I see... I, um." He hesitated, unsure if it would be rude to call attention to it but... "I really like your eye color!" He finally said in a bit of a rush, now looking a touch anxious. It certainly was an attention grabber, and he liked that she didn't try to draw attention away from her injury.

"Yes ma'am," Dehka responded, and Nassiva shook her head with fond exasperation. "No need for the ma'am. Also, I'm Nassiva, by the way. I've seen you around, but I never got a chance to say hello." Miela was given another smile.

"Alright, if you'll follow me... Today, I'll have you both crushing Fellis fruit so we can collect the juice. We can also derive juice by boiling the stems and leaves from the tree itself. Both methods give us varieties that we can use in different situations."

There was a nice pile of fruits already waiting for them with tools for juicing nearby and several containers. "Make certain you wash your hands before you start, and don't make the mistake of letting any of this get in your mouths. Remember to strain the juice so we don't get any pulp in there, too!" She looked them over, satisfied. "Any questions? If not, I'll leave you to it. I'll be right around the corner, so don't hesitate to come find me if you need me."

Hattaki
Checked with Uta about fellis stuff first, wheeeee.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 7:26 pm
With an honest moment of confusion for his hesitation and uncertainty, Miela let a smile cross her features when he complimented her and stored that away to tell both her mother and to write to Tristram about the first compliment she'd gotten on one of her glass eyes. She loved them after all. "Thank you, there's lots more than just this one too."

With that warm glow fueling her, the small girl followed after the two of them obediently, watching where Nassiva pointed and listening raptly to what she was relaying to her. "Only ever held things or gone to grab them for others. But I promise to do my very best to make sure that the fruit gets juiced appropriately."

Bowing neatly, Miela scampered over to wash her hands, knowing full well how fellis was used it was best to have everything as clean as it could possibly be. After all she knew full well what the effects were and wanted to help to make the best she could. "Have you ever done this before?" She asked Dehka curiously when she was back before the fruit. He seemed to recognize the healer that had set them to task so she wondered if her partner for chores happened to do the same thing she had, volunteering at the healers.

Tsunake
Sorry for the late reply, life and then eggs. XD

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:17 pm
Dehka was going to have to ask about those different colors later. What a clever way to personalize what everyone else likely saw as 'just' an injury...

Pleased with the enthusiasm, Nassiva's smile grew wider. "I think you'll be up to the task." They were both smart, capable kids. She'd take her leave of the pair, trusting that they'd call if her they thought it was necessary.

"I haven't." Dehka admitted, washing his hands carefully after Miela. "Nassiva helped out a lot when my dad's dragon took a really bad hit from Thread... He was done for over a Turn." He grimaced, giving a tiny shake of his head. "She let my brother and I help out sometimes, since... well, I don't know what we would have done if we lost Meigth. He's fine now though!" He realized he was rambling and flushed a little, bowing his head as he carefully picked up one of the fruits to juice. "Um. He's fine now though!" Dehka added. He was letting his mouth get ahead of him, geez. "That's just how she knows me."

Aware that Miela hadn't asked for that much information, the young man cleared his throat and experimentally began to crush the fruit down over one of the glass containers, watching as the juice began to dribble down the sides and into the bottom. Fellis was too important to waste!

Hattaki
Haha, no problem! I completely get it, eggs made my brain fly out of my head.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:16 am
With the older woman leaving, that left Miela and Dehka entirely to their own devices, a new feeling for her when working with or helping the healers. She'd always been overseen by someone else, though she supposed in a way that her fellow candidate was the one doing that on this day.

Or at least so she was thinking until he told her that he'd never done something like it before. Still, the story made for an interesting bit of information that she tucked away. Meigth, she'd have to figure out what color dragon that was, or so Miela found herself thinking before she dashed that thought.

Dragon colors had gotten her into the state she was now after all.

Instead she nodded her head calmly and offered a look of concern that melted into relief just when it should have, careful that they were genuine expressions. Part of them were, it should count anyway. "Family is important and dragons are part of that family." Miela said, before she'd been mauled she'd adored her father's blue and some part of her still did. But the color of his hide brought about an involuntary flight reaction that she wished she could avoid happening. She gave a nervous little laugh, one she couldn't stop from bubbling up from her chest, as she worked on crushing the fruit for the fellis that would help others.

"S... sorry. Just thinking about another dragon." Though she wore her eccentric side on her sleeve, it was always best to avoid showing it to people she'd just met and for that she felt bad. "Never crushed this myself before, so we can both learn something new today."

Tsunake
Eeeegggggssss. XD Always the #1 way to distract. lol

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items