Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 3:23 pm
"You two are on duty today for the Wherries in the feeding pen. One scoop per beast, scatter it a bit so they don't fight each other. Make sure to clean up any mess they've made in the last day and old food first. We don't want them getting sick." Because they weren't particularly smart creatures.

But it wasn't an awful chore, at least.

Smerdle

Sweet Symmetry

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 5:26 pm
Keleres was intimidating in the same way that Pyper had once been. As Brenley stood silently choosing a broom, he couldn't help but ponder why one was still an unnerving presence while the other had become a daily fixture.

Maybe it was because Pyper had approached him first. Maybe it was because courtesan-ness made him way antsier than harper-ness. Maybe it was simply because he and Keleres had never done chores alone together. No matter his past reasoning, he had the opportunity to rectify it now. Bren picked his broom and turned to his fellow candidate, hating the sudden flush that pricked at the back of his neck.

"Would you like to sweep or scoop?"

He failed to look directly at her face, his eyes focusing somewhere over her right shoulder.

Sweet Symmetry

Smerdle

Scamp

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 7:43 am
Quote:
Keleres [WW] - 21 - she/her/hers - JM Masseuse (spy)

Outside was better than inside, at least when it came to chores- in Kel’s opinion, anyway. Wherry feeding and cleaning was straightforward enough, and not as messy as other options. The young woman was grateful for the assignment. She arrived with her hair pinned in elegant, messy curls upon her head, long working pants tailored for unconventional flowiness, and a loose button-up shirt embellished with a ribbon. Afterall, chores might be boring, but one’s dress sense did not have to suffer for it.

Brenley, however, was a man of another make entirely. She nodded to him politely, a gracious smile drawn upon soft red lips, then turned her attention to Danzik. The instructions were very simple, and she nodded once more.

As her fellow candidate spoke, she turned her light green gaze upon him once more. He did seem uncomfortable for some reason- did wherries scare him, perhaps? Or was he more uncomfortable around people he didn’t know? She switched to a sympathetic expression, hoping perhaps that would help. “I’ll scoop, if you’d like. I don’t mind either way.” Jovialness was injected into her tones. Truly, it was a simple enough task that they could figure things out without it being awkward.

“So, excited for the upcoming clutch?” It was a stupid question, but a good way to segue into easy conversation. “Do you think Khamaith and Turoth will have a large clutch, with a queen? I don’t really know how these superstitions go.” She bent down to remove some old food, now focusing entirely on her work.

Smerdle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:45 pm
xxx

He nodded, holding his broom close as she got to work. Bren considered her question, his mind wandering off on a minor tangent as it chose overanalysis once again. He had heard the rumors that younger golds often failed to clutch more of their color, but with Threadfall showing no signs of tapering... well... he was no expert in probability. But she hadn't asked for a thesis. This was small talk, and he had already taken too long to reply.

"I think her clutch will be small, but there will be a gold. I have no way of knowing really, but it feels like an interesting guess. As for the hatching itself, I'm rather more nervous than excited."

Brenley hesitantly moved past Keleres to sweep up some of the wherries' shed feathers. Her expression and demeanor were helping to lessen his discomfort, but he remained horrible at smooth conversation. "Would you like to bond with a gold?"

Sweet Symmetry

Smerdle

Scamp

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:51 am
Smerdle

Perhaps conversation wasn't the best way to approach things. Keleres was nothing if not patient- the way to relaxation, after all, was through making the other person comfortable enough to trust you… And despite a couple of Turns at the Weyr now, Kel couldn't shake her desire to please others, the courtesan training that had stuck with her, shaped and moulded her over the course of her life.

So she waited- let him consider his answers as carefully or as cautiously as he needed to be.

He believed it would be a small clutch, and she paused in her work, glancing up at him as he spoke. "Really? The sire is a more experienced dragon, right? Do you think that would influence things?" She had so many thoughts and theories on the matter, but no way of actually confirming them. "Have you been to many hatchings? I'm holdbred myself-" there was the slightest pause as memories of the past washed over her, but Keleres found her ease and composure quickly. "I think I'm excited now… But some clutches left me feeling very nervous after the hatching." The double clutch at High Reaches, for instance- where death had caused her to feel sick, and the heat had exacerbated it.

When he asked about her preference, Kel turned back to her work, wearing a small smile. A certain green and her sweet rider came to mind, and she swept the droppings away vigorously. "I think… Blue… they're so beautiful, as varied as the skies above us. But any dragon who might find me worthy would be a blessing. What about you?"

All she knew for sure was that she did not want to return to Rivercrest. Her life there, as glamorous and glitzy as it was, paled in comparison to the experiences she had had at the Weyr.  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games