Reply [IC] Mto’Mkuu Lands
[ORP] The Fishing Games || Over!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:42 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's time for the annual Fishing Games once more!

Set up along the edge of their border, the Mto'Mkuu have begun their summer festivites. The colorful decorations were almost overshadowed by the gloomy weather today, but that didn't stop the air of excitement as lions and other creatures mingled. Rain was common place around here anyway, after all.

Besides, word in the trees was that the Kiongozi's mate had birthed cubs. Lionesses could be seen gossiping about it, but so far, Aurra has kept to her den and anyone not authorized to enter were turned away, making the cubs themselves a mystery. What did they look like? Were they alright? When would the pride get to see them?

Little did any of them know that a special little group of cubs was making their way through the jungle with their parents at that very moment.....

Welcome to the summer event for the Mto'Mkuu! To learn more about the pride, click on the top banner.

The Fishing Games are a fun little event for the Mto'Mkuu. They're set up alongside the Great River, right next to the border of their lands. As such, every lion is welcome to join in - pride member, rogue or otherwise! The fishing game will consist of IC items to win, but of course, there is a prize for joining the ORP as a whole.

User Image

Every post you make in this ORP will count as a ticket towards this cub! At the end of the event, I will put together a list of everyone who participated, and then randomize the winner.

This is one of Atreyu and Aurra's cubs! As such, he is a part of the royal line and will have the rank of Mzuri once he's older. His colorist is Fairy Snails.

The closing date for this ORP is June 13th at midnight PST, at which time I will be rolling the winners!

For more info on the cub's family, see the spoiler below:

Atreyu, the father:
Ateryu is the leader of the Mto'Mkuu, and a member of the Ruby faction. He's generally a very easy-going guy, friendly and easy to get along with, but cares deeply for his pride and will be quick to act in the face of danger to them. That said, he's not above a good prank, and his cubs are sure to gain that attitude.

---

Aurra, the mother:
Aurra is much more elegant than her mate. As a member of the Sapphire faction, she holds pride in her intelligence, and can sometimes come off as a little more snooty because of it. She acts as a balance to Atreyu's more carefree nature, often being the voice of reason, but can sometimes spend too much time thinking instead of acting.

---

User Image
Ifeoma, first born/oldest cub and the one chosen to become the heir to the throne (owned by Mango)

---

User Image
???, second born cub (owned by Greenie)

---

User Image
Kuwanyauma, fourth born cub (owned by Snails)

---

User Image
Lilja, fifth born/youngest cub (owned by Mango)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:43 pm
Fishing Games

At the behest of the Kiongozi, vendors have set up shop closer to the jungle's foliage and will be offering prizes to those who come to them bearing fish. Bear in mind that these are just IC items for your SoA to obtain, and not actual edits or otherwise from the shop.

How the Game Works:
    To play, roll a 1d6 for each character that's fishing. The following roll is what you get:

1 - You caught a big one! Congrats!
      2 - It's so tiny, but hey, at least it's something.
      3 - You thought you'd caught one, but it flails around so much that you lose your grip on it! That's a miss, try again.
      4 - It's tiny! It squirms around in your paws, but you manage to keep a hold of it.
      5 - You caught a big fish, and then, to your surprise, it spat out another tiny fish. That's two for one!
      6 - A miss... and the fish flew right over you! How was that even possible?

A tiny fish counts as 1 point, whereas a big fish counts as 2 points. You can continue to fish to rack up as many points as you would like, but each post must have some sort of rp response to the situation. They can be short responses though! (keep in mind that if you're hoping to use this orp for breeding counts, it will still need to keep to the requirements of SoA)

You'll rp your SoA going up to a vendor to turn in your fish and request a prize! I'll be playing NPC vendors who will respond back to you, so please make sure you quote me while doing so. You can go fish as many times as you'd like, even after obtaining a prize, and continue to rack up more points for some more prizes.

Prizes:
    1 point: A small feather necklace.
    2 points: Pots of different colored dye/paint.
    3 points: Little stone lion figurines.
    4 points: A brilliantly colored pelt cape.
    5 points: Headdress made of parrot feathers.

---------------------

Prizes Obtained:
    N/A yet

MangoMeow

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 9:45 pm
((For the moment, Atreyu, Aurra and the cubs are not approachable, but they will be eventually. I will let you know when they are.

Note for Snails and Greenie: If you'd like to rp your cub in this rp, you'll be able to once they become approachable, but you can assume that they'll try to stick near their parents for the duration of it. It's up to you though - you don't have to rp in this if you don't want to! It'll be assumed that they're just sticking with mom in that case.))

There was a scowl on Cleotha's face as she observed the festivities going on around her from atop the rock that her Kiongozi would normally be on. Had Atreyu been there, he probably would have chided her for being so hostile and unsocial during an event like this, but how could she not? She'd always been protective towards him, and now that he had cubs, that had transfered over to said cubs, and yet....

She was stuck babysitting the festival.

She'd been one of the ones who had argued against the pride seeing the cubs yet, preferring that they stay out of the limelight for now, but the pride was getting anxious, and Atreyu and Aurra were getting anxious because of it, and while she was gone, she just knew that he would try something.

Yet here she was.

Selkie had stumbled across this festival almost entirely by accident. She would normally be out hunting right now, but so many fun things... she couldn't just walk away! Besides, fishing was kind of like hunting, right?

Right!

At the moment, she had her paws dipped in the water and was just enjoying the sensation of it moving past her, but her attention was quickly getting pulled away as the sound of laughter broke up from a few others near her. With a grin, she trotted further in to the river, keeping an eye out for a fish she could snag.

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 5:49 am
Moselle always enjoyed fishing, he had some pretty good luck last time but as he stepped into the water he wondered how much that luck would rub off on him today.

The water felt refreshing as he stepped into it and he swiped his paw at a fish but it got away from him. Grumbling to himself he looked around to see if anyone else was having any luck yet.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

viatorai rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

viatorai

Crystal Traveler

13,425 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 6:56 am

"Patience....patience...." Akaari seemed to be talking mostly to herself, crouched down by the riverbank and peering intently into the moving water. She had heard about the festival from Delta, who heard ot from a passing vulture, who heard it from a serval who heard it from a passing member of the pride who's lands they now straddled the border of. It too her a while to actually find it, but upon learning there were prizes for fishing, her intrest was caught.

Much like the fish she slapped out of the water on her first try! Whoa doggie!!

Delta, for her part, stayed firmly perched on a nearby tree, preening herself in the event of any passing gentlemen with feathers.

MangoMeow rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:36 pm
Cleotha was broken out of her thoughts at the sound of splashing. Not that that was very surprising, considering how they were by a river, but nonetheless, it caught her attention. Glancing to the side, she watched as a lioness managed to snag a fish.

She didn't think she recognized this one. Must be a rogue, she thought with a huff. Personally, she would have preferred if the Mto had stayed in the shadows, but she could also understand the need to branch out.

... And she was playing host for the time being, wasn't she?

With a sigh, the wild dog pulled herself up and then approached, "You've got a knack for this." She paused to tilt her head thoughtfully, "Have you fished before?"

Kivras

---

((Roll is for Selkie))

Selkie crouched as she spotted a shadow in the water, eyes narrowed playfully and butt wiggling behind her. Leaping almost canine-like into the air, she grasped the fish between her jaws and lifted it up triumphantly. Her tail swayed excitedly as she quickly pulled it back over to the shore - and it was a good thing she had, as no sooner had she dropped it down than it spat out another one!

She beamed at that, ecstatic that her catch had proven more successful than she'd thought. She wanted to catch some more! Of course, as she whipped around to go back, she wasn't watching where she was going and accidentally crashed right into another lion.

"Oops!" Stumbling back a few steps, she grinned back at him, "Sorry about that."

AstoriaFallen

MangoMeow

AstoriaFallen rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:36 am
You caught a big fish, and then, to your surprise, it spat out another tiny fish. That's two for one!

It would seem he wasnt tha lucky in anything because a female crashed into him, causing him to stumble. But un doing so he saw a shadow and grabbed at it and came out with a large fish that spat out a smaller one!

"No need to apologize. It seems you gave me some luck by doing that." He said looking at her looking like a wet mop. He was certain he looked quite the mess.

The wild dog stayed near the shoreline, uncertain in if she wanted to do some fishing with the prides members.  
MangoMeow generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:03 pm
Well, time flew by fast! I'm glad I checked the closing date or I might have accidentally missed this. Considering how little was posted in this rp, I'm going to go ahead and leave it open for replies, in case either of you would like to continue making it a full rp for each of you. <3

The raffle, however, I'm going to go ahead and roll!

1. AstoriaFallen
2. Kivras
3. AstoriaFallen

MangoMeow

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:06 pm
AstoriaFallen
User Image

Congrats on winning the cub! Please send me his name at your earliest convenience. There is no naming theme, so feel free to name him whatever you'd like.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:16 pm
Selkie couldn't help but laugh at the fortune she'd unexpectedly given this other lion, as well as the look of him. He looked like a drenched pile of fur! Shaking her head, the lioness smiled, "Happy to help." She snickered, "You might need to go dry off now though. Unless you like being wet. I can help you more with that, if you do!" Her eyes gleamed mischievously at the thought.

AstoriaFallen

---------

((I goofed and forgot to enter in this little family partway through! ;; Here is their official reveal, though I think I'm going to refrain from rping any of mine from them, since the rp was meant to close. You can assume that they've now been shown to the pride though!))

The sound of chatter died off in the distance for a moment, and then suddenly erupted back up. Through the jungle trees, the small family of lions came. The Kiongozi walked at the front, head held proudly as his mate and cubs walked behind him - and such a large litter! The little cubs clamored behind their father, each trying to get up ahead of the other, but the second all eyes were on them, they shied back with their mother.

The leader's cubs had finally been revealed to the pride.

MangoMeow

[IC] Mto’Mkuu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff