Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:57 pm
• • • 000000000000000000000• • •0000000000000000000000• • •

The Stone Circle, a focal point of Lore in Kells, leads creatures of many forms to the area, hoping to catch a glimmer of the unknown magic. Here, a great owl resides. Her eyes are said to be a bright piercing purple and her presence both soothing and awe inspiring. She is a regal creature and able to bless those she comes in contact with (at least that is what the stories claim). You decided to journey to the circle for a chance visit with the owl and upon arrival realized a group has already gathered. Making your way into the group you push towards the front where you see a small crow standing, he peers at you before clearing his throat with a croak,

“The lady is willing to speak to one lucky visitor and bless them with her gifts. All you must do is find something to intrigue her.” The crow glances at the faces in the crowd, a glimmer of amusement in his eyes. “You will have a days time to find something worthy of her interest and time. NOW GO!”

With that the crow quickly shot into the air startling the crowd into action, each creature picking a direction and running. You are now on the move, your focus on one thing only: What would impress the Owl of the Stone Circle?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Welcome to a Kells 24 hour creativity event! You will entering for a chance to win the beautiful empath owl above. The rules are fairly straightforward and easy, but be mindful, if you leave something out you will forfeit your entry in this contest.

Simply write in 300 words or less what your character would offer the owl and why. The item doesn’t need to be physical either. Perhaps you have a creative character who enjoys singing, dancing, or maybe even poetry or riddles. If you are a more artistic person you may draw a piece of artwork for the owl instead of writing, just be sure to hide it in spoilers. The artwork must be your own for this specific creativity event, please keep that in mind.

• You may not enter this event if you own an owl or are part of our staff.
• This event starts Friday, April 3rd at 7:30pm pacific time and will end Saturday, April 4th at 9pm pacific time. This is with or without anyone closing it officially.
• Any entries posted after the closing time will be dismissed.
• This will be judged by myself, Zingling, and other staff members.
• Please use the form below when you post
• You may edit your entry up until the end of this contest
• This contest could potentially be extended
• Have lots of fun!

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Owl’s name:[/b] (Remember to adhere to our naming regulations)
[b]Character meeting the owl:[/b] (Link to cert)
[b]Your entry:[/b] (300 words or less, please post how many words are in your entry in parenthesis) (spoilers for images)

• • • 000000000000000000000• • •0000000000000000000000• • •

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:09 pm
Username: Krysin
Owl’s name: Sage
Character meeting the owl: Marvel
Your entry: She knows what she must offer.

That knowledge does not make it any easier for the young seer. Her throat tightens, and she feels the weight of her scarf heavy over the back of her neck. It served as an anchor, weighing her down to a past she could not shake. There had been a life before the Coven - the scarf itself was clearly a work of craftsmanship. The purple tones were rich, the markings intricate and precise. Where it came from was no more, and the thought filled her with such sadness that she could almost regret the choice she had made. But, there was no future if one only held onto the past. Her eyes were not meant to look backwards and reflect upon all that had happened before. They were tools to look towards the future, to see what was to come and to embrace it.

She unwound the scarf from her neck and placed it carefully on the ground before her. A piece of her heritage, of her self - there was nothing of greater value in the world to her. (184)  

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

ahmazeinlee

Colorful Leaf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:06 pm
Edit; should probably add she is leucistic (void of color and pink eyes)

Username: Chelseylee_z
Owl’s name: Radiant Night
Character meeting the owl: Frosted Morning
Your entry:
Frosted did not know what to give, she was dumbfounded. She had come to this owl after hearing stories of her blessing to one. She wished for her coat to be blessed with colors so pretty, she would not have any issues anymore with others looking at her eyes and coat in disgust. She would hopefully one day be able to find a mate but first, she wished for a blessing to make her coat beautiful.

She had nothing on her body to give, nor any riddles, but she had stories and a story could be turned into a woeful song or a heart-crushing poem. So with a brave huff, she stepped forward and just spoke from the heart.

"A pup with a coat missing of all colors
still playing and bounding around with her brother
she knew she was different than the others
she looked with a hopeful eye, wanting to be as pretty as her mother

hurt words slashing harder than sticks and stones
she wished she could just run away
she prayed that she would be different when she was grown
she did decide to run that day

to find a better place full of love
and a wonderful blessing from above."

With a trembling voice, she finished her poem and let out a tearful howl towards the sky. She just dearly wanted a blessing, even if the beautiful owl could not bring back her color, at least bless her with future pups that would not have the same difficulties in fur tone that she did.

Now all she could do is wait...

(266 words)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:19 pm
Username: LadyPipen
Owl’s name: Quicksilver
Character meeting the owl: Bloodroot
Your entry:
His mother had insisted. Why, he wasn't certain- but she had, and the dark male had sat sullenly with his keeper, his cousin, face twisted into a permanent grimace at the strange, rather disgusting bouquet he held in his maw, damp swamp lichen dripping from his maw as he stepped forward for his turn, in all his scruffy glory.

The lichen had been what tilted the mouthful to truly disgusting- but nothing else had really truly fit his mother, and the rest of his maw was filled with plants and flowers of various origin- bloodroot of his namesake, Queen Anne's Lace, Aster, a dead twig, Mashmallow and Cattail and so much more that he bent his head to drop, making a face before he spoke.

"I have little to offer- so to you, I will offer a family. As plentiful and varied as all the flowers that cover the Kells, Tens of bodies so you will never find yourself cold, tens of voices so you'll never find yourself alone."
( 171 words )  

LadyPipen

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:20 pm
Username: belloblossom
Owl’s name: Silence
Character meeting the owl: Whitewalker
Your entry: Whitewalker traveled far and explored much. He'd met with pretty she-wolves. He'd had pups with one wolfdog, but they'd been scooped away into their mother's pack and he didn't have much connection with them. Not that he particularly wanted to. The raising of pups didn't hold much interest for him. He was uncertain to what it was that he sought out, but he did know that he desired knowledge.

So on he had traveled until he came upon The Stone Circle. He was not looking to be blessed on any conscious level, but something drew him there. It seemed that he was not alone, either. He spotted a crow who asked that they were to have a day's time to find something that would impress her. Her? He thought, not knowing who it was that many had gathered to see. Who is she?

He watched as the crow flew high into the air and the other wolves scattered, but Whitewalker remained where he was. Eventually, he sat and waited. Others came back, some with music in their voice or rhymes, others presenting their finds from their day's search. Eventually, Whitewalker stepped forward.

"If it would please her, I would offer her myself. I am not a romantic, but I can be if that's what she might ask of me. I can be her eyes and ears if she wishes to remain here while I go travel on her behalf, or I can be a companion in her travels if she wishes of it. If it would please her, I would do anything that she deems fit." He proposed and watched for the reaction of the crow, to see if this was a worthwhile answer, or if one of the others might be so blessed instead.

(WC: 295)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:40 pm
Username: Nikkichomp
Owl’s name: Storm Warning
Character meeting the owl: Dreams of Amber Starlight
Your entry: Amber spotted the owl and spoke softly. "Hello," she said. She smiled up at the quiet owl with the striking lavender eyes. The moon was bright and full above them and before she realized it, a howl gathered in her throat and a soft song floated out of her long, toothy snout, growing in volume as the sound rose and fell, a delicate melody swirling around to fill the night air. The music danced around them invisibly, a warm soulful blanket wrapping around them both, and as the song wrapped to a close and the notes faded, the silence filled the night once more and peace filled Amber's heart. Her tail wagged and she made a short, joyful yip, then laid down in the grass beneath the tree and waited to see what the owl would do next. ( 138 )  

Pijrrh

Magical Gekko

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:44 pm
Username: medigel
Owl’s name: Veiled Sight
Character meeting the owl: Sundew Scion
Your entry:
Sundew approached reverently. She lacked the usual trappings of her position as a terran of the Court and felt bare without her cloak especially, but she felt it was important to come as she was to the owl in the Stone Circle. The place demanded something ritualistic, she felt. Naked, without a mask or persona on.

She placed her gift gently by the owl: a bundle of forget-me-nots. "These were grown over the graves of my home," Sundew explained, a bittersweet smile on her muzzle. "Life still, even in their deaths. Memory that carries on here, even as they must pass beyond our reach. A promise that not all things will end when we do. And yet so too is it a reminder to all of us: one day, we will join them. This is my gift to you: a phoenix flower, laden with life and death and beauty. It is a crossroads within itself, just as this place feels to me. Thank you for allowing me the chance to meet you." And she bowed.

(175)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:55 pm
Username: pundexter
Owl’s name: Twilight Flight
Character meeting the owl: Runs with Ravens (''Krokka'')
Your entry: For a moment, caught up in the skirling blood-rush of The Pack, Krokka too bolted away, as did the many others of that pressing crowd. He gradually regained control of himself, however—as a wolf raised by corvids, the comfort he felt in crowds of either of 'his' species could rarely be resisted, yet his mission here was of graver importance—and finally doubled back to the Stone Circle.

As he neared the mysterious stone edifice, he exchanged a nod with the bright-eyed little crow that had announced the competition; then, padding steadily back towards the beautiful silvery owl, he halted a wolf-length from where she perched. Krokka lowered his head nearly to the earth and extended his forelegs in a kind of wolven genuflection, each gesture a clear demonstration of deep respect. (His mother, a raven, had taught her wolfish son as many manners as she could get to stick.)

"I have little to offer you," Krokka spoke quietly. "I have no wolf pack, only my raven family; and as they have given everything to me, including my very life that they had saved in my infancy, I will never fully leave them. However, I can give you this—understanding—for I too know what it is like to walk between two worlds, unable to ever quite fit completely into either. I do not claim to know your struggles, only that you have them; I can't know your burdens, though I might help you carry them, if you should allow me to do so."

At last, Krokka lifts his head, meeting the owl's indigo eyes with his own greenish-golden ones. He does not rise from his low bow, nor does he speak again; now, he simply waits.
(wc: 288)

Pundexter

Shy Noob

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:16 pm
THIS IS CLOSED FOR JUDGING  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:38 pm
Pundexter
Username: pundexter
Owl’s name: Twilight Flight
Character meeting the owl: Runs with Ravens (''Krokka'')
Your entry: For a moment, caught up in the skirling blood-rush of The Pack, Krokka too bolted away, as did the many others of that pressing crowd. He gradually regained control of himself, however—as a wolf raised by corvids, the comfort he felt in crowds of either of 'his' species could rarely be resisted, yet his mission here was of graver importance—and finally doubled back to the Stone Circle.

As he neared the mysterious stone edifice, he exchanged a nod with the bright-eyed little crow that had announced the competition; then, padding steadily back towards the beautiful silvery owl, he halted a wolf-length from where she perched. Krokka lowered his head nearly to the earth and extended his forelegs in a kind of wolven genuflection, each gesture a clear demonstration of deep respect. (His mother, a raven, had taught her wolfish son as many manners as she could get to stick.)

"I have little to offer you," Krokka spoke quietly. "I have no wolf pack, only my raven family; and as they have given everything to me, including my very life that they had saved in my infancy, I will never fully leave them. However, I can give you this—understanding—for I too know what it is like to walk between two worlds, unable to ever quite fit completely into either. I do not claim to know your struggles, only that you have them; I can't know your burdens, though I might help you carry them, if you should allow me to do so."

At last, Krokka lifts his head, meeting the owl's indigo eyes with his own greenish-golden ones. He does not rise from his low bow, nor does he speak again; now, he simply waits.
(wc: 288)

The owl remained perched like a stone statue, cold and unapproachable, the entire day, observing the creatures from one to another. Her eyes barely flickered as she watched, unknowing exactly what she was looking for.

Day quickly changed to night and as the circle blossomed with the soft hum of voices the owl finally showed signs of movement. Her eyes blinked, feathered ruffled and without warning she took to the sky. Circling around the crowd from above she took notice of a few individuals we gave her pause before finally dropping to the ground in front of a golden-coated dire wolf.

“The hunt is done. We have found each other.”

Turning her head to the circle of stones she clicked her beak sending her avian friends into a frightful fit of a song and dance as they chased the remaining contestants away.

“Come.” Her voice was soft and even as she took to the sky again, luring Krokka to follow.

—————-

Thank you all for your wonderful entries, it was really hard to choose a winner. I really appreciate you all for your creativity and look forward to seeing you again in a future creativity event.

Krysin and Medigel you were our runners up and will be receiving one green totem for your entries. Thank you so much!

Pundexter congratulations on your winning entry! Feel free to cert your girl whenever you are ready and have lots of fun with her.  

Zingling

Timid Conversationalist

[OOC] Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces