Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
WCC - Day 0 (Motostoke, Galar) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:53 pm
I followed the group, still staying silent for the time being, hoping things would finally turn a bit better, because so far, I've only been reminded why I don't typically go on vacations and just either keep working or just stay at home. Granted, I'd have to admit that it's not all that fair to Freth or Tristen in particular, but its just been my experiences pretty much all my life. Between the impromptu mini-crisis wondering if Tristen was okay when he went into that den in the Wild Area, a hunt for the organizer of the event for the Shadow Pokemon stunt which so far has been fruitless, being recognized as the 'Noble Hybrid' once again which was nothing more than a empty title to me, and now dealing with a tour guide with no know-how to the outside world, my nerves started to get a bit frayed.

As we made our way into the crowds to spectate an event that was currently underway, it seemed that I was going to get my wish. A Pokemon battle. I could always get into that. Watching new strategies, and considering we're in a whole new region, new Pokemon to get to know. It was enticing to be able to watch once the next event happens. Then the shrieking voice of authority over the crowd, and apparently not happy with our new tour guide. As the professor had her exchange with Krista, my mood once again soured, seeing this girl practically chewed out for coming to our aid, then was ready to square off against Sub in a verbal brawl. God, I am glad this old lady, professor or not, is not like teacher back at home. Regardless, I've officially had enough...

Once I believed Krista was good and way out of earshot, let alone with the crowd having their own commotion about what was going on center field, I couldn't help but to speak up myself. "Well, thanks to that brief exchange you had with your apparent apprentice, I am now assured. I wanted to ask if she lived under a rock with how little she knew of the world at large. Clearly, it was instead a fossil." I said. The 'Cold One' now officially had zero chill.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:12 pm
Blizzard120
I followed the group, still staying silent for the time being, hoping things would finally turn a bit better, because so far, I've only been reminded why I don't typically go on vacations and just either keep working or just stay at home. Granted, I'd have to admit that it's not all that fair to Freth or Tristen in particular, but its just been my experiences pretty much all my life. Between the impromptu mini-crisis wondering if Tristen was okay when he went into that den in the Wild Area, a hunt for the organizer of the event for the Shadow Pokemon stunt which so far has been fruitless, being recognized as the 'Noble Hybrid' once again which was nothing more than a empty title to me, and now dealing with a tour guide with no know-how to the outside world, my nerves started to get a bit frayed.

As we made our way into the crowds to spectate an event that was currently underway, it seemed that I was going to get my wish. A Pokemon battle. I could always get into that. Watching new strategies, and considering we're in a whole new region, new Pokemon to get to know. It was enticing to be able to watch once the next event happens. Then the shrieking voice of authority over the crowd, and apparently not happy with our new tour guide. As the professor had her exchange with Krista, my mood once again soured, seeing this girl practically chewed out for coming to our aid, then was ready to square off against Sub in a verbal brawl. God, I am glad this old lady, professor or not, is not like teacher back at home. Regardless, I've officially had enough...

Once I believed Krista was good and way out of earshot, let alone with the crowd having their own commotion about what was going on center field, I couldn't help but to speak up myself. "Well, thanks to that brief exchange you had with your apparent apprentice, I am now assured. I wanted to ask if she lived under a rock with how little she knew of the world at large. Clearly, it was instead a fossil." I said. The 'Cold One' now officially had zero chill.

The professor looks from sub over to blizz "That is quite enough out you mr Blizzard. Yes I am very VERY are of you and your "team" Krysta has been intentionally kept from Snagem shenanigans over the years, by me. for good reason. and if you care to make sassy comments about my ward I will be happy to personally pluck you feather by feather and stuff you like a chicken and serve you at dinner. This is not a discussion we should be having in public. This is very serious and I need you and your "team" to understand why she absolutely cannot be involved with you. Unfortunately you had to show up and I will have to explain who you are and where you come from and that will be difficult enough. But she is a sweet girl she doesn't need the demons in your closet coming knocking in her life." The Professors face softens a tiny bit. "Mr Sub. If you please it is absolutely vital we speak, in private as soon as possible, regarding what you need here and why I am so adamant that krysta be kept as far away from your team as possible. Its for her own good, and maybe yours too."

Mean while krysta sits in her seat with muse next to her, she tries to keep an eye on the professor but there are to many people in the way and its way to loud to even get a remote idea of what they might be saying. She sits there and pouts. "Sigh. Those people seem cool and Smell of adventure. I want to know more about that, and their story. but the professor is such a hot head that we will have to get creative if we are gonna go around her and find out more." Muse just chuffs while munching on some snacks that she found on the floor. She was not particularly a fan of the Prof herself remember that one time the professor shooed her away with her foot when she was cooking.  

KrystatheMewes

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:26 pm
KrystatheMewes
The professor looks from sub over to blizz "That is quite enough out you mr Blizzard. Yes I am very VERY are of you and your "team" Krysta has been intentionally kept from Snagem shenanigans over the years, by me. for good reason. and if you care to make sassy comments about my ward I will be happy to personally pluck you feather by feather and stuff you like a chicken and serve you at dinner. This is not a discussion we should be having in public. This is very serious and I need you and your "team" to understand why she absolutely cannot be involved with you. Unfortunately you had to show up and I will have to explain who you are and where you come from and that will be difficult enough. But she is a sweet girl she doesn't need the demons in your closet coming knocking in her life." The Professors face softens a tiny bit. "Mr Sub. If you please it is absolutely vital we speak, in private as soon as possible, regarding what you need here and why I am so adamant that krysta be kept as far away from your team as possible. Its for her own good, and maybe yours too."

I needed an eyebrow to raise. I then looked to the others in the immediate party. "Doesn't she realize I was coming to that girl's defense and actual-you know, never mind." Suddenly I'm getting a Unova vibe and I am not liking it, indicated as I started to rub my eyes in apparent irritation.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:53 pm
Reno and Leslie would both be having a small discussion behind Sub, Blizz, and Krista, as Reno had spotted the singe marks and mild bruising from Leslie's little tiff. A very....heated discussion, given Leslie kept admitting to essentially doing more crimes to justify her last level of crime. So both of them were not exactly in a state to respond to the rest of their group until they were well into the arena area, which is when Reno began to feel the slightly distracting presence of another Psychic nearby. Not exactly surprising or terribly distracting, but it was enough to draw him out of his argument with Leslie enough to see that they had essentially arrived.

And now there was even more chaos as some old, argumentative broad stormed up to them and began yelling at their apparent tour guide before essentially throwing the poor young girl out of the building. "So....what are the odds the old bat has some 'mysterious' reason for not liking us that amounts to us ending up near a lot of chaos and not wanting the clueless one near that?" Leslie stage whispered to Reno, very intent on letting the old professor know exactly her opinion on her.

In response, Reno would grab Leslie by her head and start off after Sub towards their seats. "Haven't you tried to pick enough fights around town today? Even if I agree with you entirely." Reno replied, similarly unashamed in showing his immediate dislike for the woman.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:52 pm
Odd had remained silent at first, listening to the conversations at they went on but when the ancient woman came charging through the crowd like some gossamer banshee, intent on wailing out their imminent demise for daring to endanger it's charge before their time, he braced for impact. When the woman arrived on the scene and verbally tore Krysta apart, he had enough and wasn't going to be as nice as Blizz had been with the very obvious name-calling. Pale blue flames began to spark across his body as he locked his crimson eyes upon the professor's. He'd learned the difference between wrathful rage and righteous fury during his time training the Otherworld and what he was feeling right now was definitely the former, evidenced by his Wicked Wick leaking out and feeding on the sinful anger welling up within him.

"I was wondering exactly why she was so anxious since we met her. Now I see why. She's apprenticed, I would assume, to walking, talking dinosaur who's somehow lived until the modern era. I'd like to ask you to stop your shrieking. But I've not feeling generous at the moment so I'm telling you." He told the old woman as he stepped closer to her. "Turn your hag meter down and shut the hell up. Not one of us owes you a damn thing and you'll stop demanding anything from us right this moment if you expect to get anything from any of us. Otherwise this region's going to be short one exhibit from it's fossil record because I will erase your existence." He warned the woman as he drew closer still. "Do you understand?" Maybe his anger at the situation earlier still hadn't eased up by this point, after all? Or maybe the talking mummy in front of them had stirred it back to life with her attitude.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:21 pm
Requiem of Whyspers
Odd had remained silent at first, listening to the conversations at they went on but when the ancient woman came charging through the crowd like some gossamer banshee, intent on wailing out their imminent demise for daring to endanger it's charge before their time, he braced for impact. When the woman arrived on the scene and verbally tore Krysta apart, he had enough and wasn't going to be as nice as Blizz had been with the very obvious name-calling. Pale blue flames began to spark across his body as he locked his crimson eyes upon the professor's. He'd learned the difference between wrathful rage and righteous fury during his time training the Otherworld and what he was feeling right now was definitely the former, evidenced by his Wicked Wick leaking out and feeding on the sinful anger welling up within him.

"I was wondering exactly why she was so anxious since we met her. Now I see why. She's apprenticed, I would assume, to walking, talking dinosaur who's somehow lived until the modern era. I'd like to ask you to stop your shrieking. But I've not feeling generous at the moment so I'm telling you." He told the old woman as he stepped closer to her. "Turn your hag meter down and shut the hell up. Not one of us owes you a damn thing and you'll stop demanding anything from us right this moment if you expect to get anything from any of us. Otherwise this region's going to be short one exhibit from it's fossil record because I will erase your existence." He warned the woman as he drew closer still. "Do you understand?" Maybe his anger at the situation earlier still hadn't eased up by this point, after all? Or maybe the talking mummy in front of them had stirred it back to life with her attitude.

The professor looks at odd, this slightly strangle looking fellow who was stepping up to her. with an icy stare that would possibly rival blizzard, she looks at him. She looks at him sizing him up as if trying to figure out where he would fit in her specimen collection. She takes a deep breathe about to say something.... and doesn't. She looks at Odd, Blizzard, Sub, Leslie and the others. taking in the site of the snagems before looking back to speak to odd. "Despite your rude tongue, for which I would advise you get a leash, You are right. Maybe a more composed discussion is in order, Again I know who some of you are *glances at blizzard, and sub* but you must understand, I have spent nearly 20 years protecting krysta from Not just danger but from YOU specifically. and young man, bigger fish than you have tried to return me to the fossil bed as you say, and missed. So I will do my best to remain calm but you must understand krysta MUST be protected and kept away from Hybrids, Snagem, and hell even in general getting into pokemon battles. You don't know that girl. Yes she is innocent and sweet but you don't know her and where she comes from and what she is capable of." She takes another deep breathe. "as for The blue birds question. I have kept her, again intentionally, in the glimwood region of galar for most of her life, She does research for me. it is one of the most isolate, peaceful areas of Galar well far away from you lot.... until now. And again I wish to speak to Mr Sub here so we can discuss this important matter in private, so as I may explain to him why it is important that she be kept not only safe but again away from you and your cohorts."

The professor looks over at sub. "So I understand your the leader of this motly crew of... people. I'll use that word loosely as they seem to be more feral than civilized. will you speak with me in private about your intentions in galar and what exactly you want with krysta? Or will you let your lackees keep doing your barking for you."  

KrystatheMewes

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:34 pm
KrystatheMewes

The professor looks at odd, this slightly strangle looking fellow who was stepping up to her. with an icy stare that would possibly rival blizzard, she looks at him. She looks at him sizing him up as if trying to figure out where he would fit in her specimen collection. She takes a deep breathe about to say something.... and doesn't. She looks at Odd, Blizzard, Sub, Leslie and the others. taking in the site of the snagems before looking back to speak to odd. "Despite your rude tongue, for which I would advise you get a leash, You are right. Maybe a more composed discussion is in order, Again I know who some of you are *glances at blizzard, and sub* but you must understand, I have spent nearly 20 years protecting krysta from Not just danger but from YOU specifically. and young man, bigger fish than you have tried to return me to the fossil bed as you say, and missed. So I will do my best to remain calm but you must understand krysta MUST be protected and kept away from Hybrids, Snagem, and hell even in general getting into pokemon battles. You don't know that girl. Yes she is innocent and sweet but you don't know her and where she comes from and what she is capable of." She takes another deep breathe. "as for The blue birds question. I have kept her, again intentionally, in the glimwood region of galar for most of her life, She does research for me. it is one of the most isolate, peaceful areas of Galar well far away from you lot.... until now. And again I wish to speak to Mr Sub here so we can discuss this important matter in private, so as I may explain to him why it is important that she be kept not only safe but again away from you and your cohorts."

The professor looks over at sub. "So I understand your the leader of this motly crew of... people. I'll use that word loosely as they seem to be more feral than civilized. will you speak with me in private about your intentions in galar and what exactly you want with krysta? Or will you let your lackees keep doing your barking for you."

"You can't control her." Was all Odd would respond with, reigning in his anger slightly when the professor decided she was willing to speak a bit more politely. "She's a human being with a mind of her own, thoughts and feelings you cannot and will not ever understand no matter how much of a professor you are. You will lose control eventually and whether you like it or not, once it's gone, you'll never get it back. Especially when things outside of your control happen. Like us." He pointed out, stepping back again until she referred to the rest of the group as Sub's lackeys.

"I repeat: You have no control over us and you will eventually lose control of her when she decides to do what she wants." Normally it was Lykas being the impulsive one between the two of them but this woman was making him want to be irresponsible and combative. Walking off from the group so as not to cause more problems, he would make his way to the area reserves for the Snagems to spectate the opening ceremony, where he was likely to find Krysta if she had taken Sub at his word and decided to join the group to watch.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:18 am
Requiem of Whyspers

"Alright, alright, that's enough." Finally spoke up after his posse got their words in against the professor. He was all for letting them just roast the woman as much as they wanted to but they weren't here to argue and make enemies, just the opposite in fact. This trip had already started off on a sour note and he didn't feel like making it anymore bitter than it already was.

"All of you, go take your seats and try not to verbally assault any other decrepit old ladies along the way." He told his teammates, taking a not-so subtle jab at the professor while pretending to chastise them. He would then turn his attention back to the professor once the others walked off.

"My most sincere apologies, professor. We're an unruly lot by nature so barking first comes natural to us. Please forgive my...lackeys? Isn't that what you called them? Yes, please find it in your civilized heart to forgive them." He said with a smile, satisfying himself. "Now with that said; what is it? What's so important about the girl that you chased her, and us, down? She seems nice enough, a little meek and oblivious but nice enough. Don't want her running with a shady bunch like us? I don't blame you for that but by the way you've been carrying on I imagine it's not just that. So what gives, professor?"

-----

As for the Snagems who took their seats in the stadium they made it just in time to see a parade of Galar's own gym leaders, the various trainers being called out one by one as they took to the field to wave and ham it up. The first was some burly young man, showing off by carrying a Wooloo above his head. Behind him came a dark skinned woman with piercing blue eyes, strutting her way across the field like a model but down the runway. And behind her was the aforementioned Kabu they heard about, his entrance rather rushed and no non-sense as he simply jogged onto the field. He looked to be the older of the bunch. The most surprising announced fact about him was that he hailed from Hoenn originally.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

KrystatheMewes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:14 pm
SubonicXP
Requiem of Whyspers

"Alright, alright, that's enough." Finally spoke up after his posse got their words in against the professor. He was all for letting them just roast the woman as much as they wanted to but they weren't here to argue and make enemies, just the opposite in fact. This trip had already started off on a sour note and he didn't feel like making it anymore bitter than it already was.

"All of you, go take your seats and try not to verbally assault any other decrepit old ladies along the way." He told his teammates, taking a not-so subtle jab at the professor while pretending to chastise them. He would then turn his attention back to the professor once the others walked off.

"My most sincere apologies, professor. We're an unruly lot by nature so barking first comes natural to us. Please forgive my...lackeys? Isn't that what you called them? Yes, please find it in your civilized heart to forgive them." He said with a smile, satisfying himself. "Now with that said; what is it? What's so important about the girl that you chased her, and us, down? She seems nice enough, a little meek and oblivious but nice enough. Don't want her running with a shady bunch like us? I don't blame you for that but by the way you've been carrying on I imagine it's not just that. So what gives, professor?"

-----

As for the Snagems who took their seats in the stadium they made it just in time to see a parade of Galar's own gym leaders, the various trainers being called out one by one as they took to the field to wave and ham it up. The first was some burly young man, showing off by carrying a Wooloo above his head. Behind him came a dark skinned woman with piercing blue eyes, strutting her way across the field like a model but down the runway. And behind her was the aforementioned Kabu they heard about, his entrance rather rushed and no non-sense as he simply jogged onto the field. He looked to be the older of the bunch. The most surprising announced fact about him was that he hailed from Hoenn originally.

The professor sits down and tries to compose herself. "alright. this is going to be complicated.... Krysta is the child of 2 scientists. About 20 some odd years ago my protege at the time whose name was kieren, a beautiful women, tall, flowing red hair, what most people would consider an absolute bomb shell, As well as one of the smartest scientists in her chosen field of genetic research, fell in love with a boy. a very ambitious, strong headed boy. a boy who was not yet a man. a man.... who you know very well. in fact you might say he gave you some trouble for the longest while. His Originally name, was Terynth." The professor looks at sub seeing if the name rings a bell, and seeing that it doesn't she continues on. "You see Terynth was a master Engineer, he would tinker day and night, relentlessly working to perfect something or other. whatever basically had his attention at the time. Terynth and Kieren met while working for a mad man. You know him as Ein. Being that smart makes being social a challenge. Being confined in labs side by side, on similar schedules they met. Soon they began working on various projects for Ein together. Things involving Genetic hybridization as well as engineering. in some cases merging the 2 to create monsterous creations MOST of which failed... .except one. We will get to that."

The professor takes another breathe as she watches Sub sitting next to her listening but not giving away what he is thinking. "As is want to do in Nature boy meets girl, girl finds boys mechanical plasma tools interesting, boy looks into girls plant altering genetics and asks questions and things... bloom. They were never married. But they were close as 2 can be. Eventually sharing a lab together. This Ein, whom just so you know I never met, though I have more then my fair of horror stories, saw the two creative minds working together and took it upon himself to put them into a joint project. Crown Of Thorns, was initiated. Their project was to create an army, of hybridized mechanized warriors who would be at Eins discretion and he could send them off to the highest bidder and basically commit never ending wars. They spent YEARS trying to perfect the project, but always something would fail on one side or the other. Ein having grown fed up one day, and this is from third party sources who were killed for their knowledge of the subject, injected Terynth With a serum, creating a certain sharp toothed, red eye menace that you're all to familiar with." The professor takes a deep breath "After the "lab accident" as they were told happened to terynth causing his hybridization and mental wipe, kieren was horrified. Her beloved had been turned into something that she never would have thought of. She had sent me letters, and sure she talked about dreaming of being a hybrid of this species or that species but nothing that aggressive and honestly vile. more like zangoose or growlithes etc. No, this was Eins doing. Kieren realized she wasn't safe so she came to me for help... pregnant. she was close to 3 months with krysta. Horrified at what terynth had become, what ein had done, she realized that if Ein could get his hands on Terynth and her child who knows what would do you."

The professor wrings her hands as she continues to speak letting the leader of snagem know all the things that she has bottled up for so many years.
"As you are well aware, Mr Sub Terynth is the only Subject, who survived the Ein project. something in his genetics made him more stable than the other projects. Keiren was terrified that Krysta may have some similar genetic make up. We came to galar as it was far far FAR away from Ein, From Snagem (which I learned was at war with Terynth for a time) and to just raise the child in peace, and hopefully to give her a safe happy *normal* life. I know your team thinks I am over bearing and nuts. but what would you do if you were taking care of a child, whose father was a genuine grade A monster, was a point of interest for a psychopath, and was the combination of 2 scientists who were world class in their knowledge and experience? Would you not do everything in your power to protect them, even from themselves? Krysta knows her mom was a scientist, I couldn't keep that from Her. She has her mothers eyes, and heart. but she also has her fathers tenacity and curiosity. that is NOT a good combination. I promised her mother on her death bed that I would keep her safe. and I have. Until you all showed up and stirred up a ruckus with that little run through a raid den and getting her involved. My greatest fear is that she will follow her fathers legacy, and try to find him, I don't know if he is alive or dead, or she would try to find ein and do something horrible. worse still is perhaps she might go down the same path her parents did and seek knowledge for no regard to the consequences to potentially disastrous results."

So Mr Sub, leader of this band of... people called snagems. Do you now see why I am so protective of my krysta? She could be a wonderful professor, or even more. But she could also become a monster, consumed by the deeds of her parents past, and the promise of unlimited Knowledge. I don't know what you want, but please I beg you keep krysta from this knowledge. She cannot know any of this less she follow you down your path and potentially into danger."

The professor looks at sub trying to hold back tears and waits for him to respond  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:25 pm
Requiem of Whyspers

TerashiLeonGoken

The Mystical Fire slammed into Corviknight, knocking it off course and sending it unceremoniously crashing into the ground, momentum sending it into the ground for a bad time. Greedent didn't have such a good time either as it appeared it was certain Corviknight was going to pierce that Machop and thus was caught completely off guard by the Cross Chop, the squirrel taking the super effective hit hard and stumbling backwards a ways as it suffered heavy damage. Both Pokemon were still in this battle but after taking direct super effective hits they both weren't feeling too well.

That was when the sound of a bell chimed through out the city, both Robin and Marian spinning around to face the giant clock tower in the distance with a look of surprise and urgency on both their faces. The time was seven-o-clock. The sun would be setting soon.

"Oiy! Marian! You got to go, now!" Robin shouted over to his beloved. The look on her face said she was aware of how urgent it was that she left but at the same time one could tell the conflict within her. "Don't worry about these two, they won't hold it against you. Right? Right." Robin answered for Lykas and Abby.

"Oh...I'm so sorry. Please, both of you, forgive me." She said, recalling Corviknight. "I'll make this up to you, I promise." Marian said as she began to briskly jog off.

"Sorry about this mates. I'll have to explain this next time we run into each other. Be sure not to get knocked out of the cup too soon or else we won't be able to make it up for you guys!" Robin said with a sly grin as he eyed Lykas up and down. Once he was done flirting he too recalled his Pokemon but strangely enough took off the opposite direction as Marian. Something was going on there but today the Snagems were not find out.

Fireworks would soon go off from the direction of Motostoke Stadium, leaving Abby and Lykas to wonder if the cup had officially started.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:42 pm
KrystatheMewes

Sub listened to the professor's story with great intent. It definitely wasn't the story he expected to concern some random girl like Krysta but it was one he was very interested in. When he realized she was speaking of that monster, specifically S-22, he was initially surprised but then settled into this new information. Wasn't long before he was shocked again but not because the professor revealed that S-22 had a child and that child was miss random girl herself but the fact that S-22 actually had a life before becoming the monster. It was easy to forget that something so grotesque and out of this world could have once been as normal as anyone else at some point in time.

"Ein's evil seems to have echoed all across the world further and longer than I initially thought." Sub admitted, finally speaking. "Well, I can assure you both that Ein is gone, for good, he'll no longer be harming anyone again. As for S-22, or should I say Terynth, I can not guarantee you anything concerning him. The last time we crossed paths with it...him...one of our own, Reno, was able to break Ein's control on him. For whatever reason S-22...Terynth...fled immediately and hasn't been seen or heard from since. Mind you we did try to look for any signs of him, out of fear that he could continue his rampage, but we were unable to find so much as a crumb of evidence on where he went and what he is doing." The Snagem leader admitted to the professor.

He went silent for a little while after, deep in thought over what to do with Krysta and this new information. It wasn't until he heard the fireworks going off outside did he snap back to reality and spoke again. "You win. Take Krysta and go back to Wedgehurst. You've done well enough to hide her out so far and I have no interest in putting her in danger. If S-22, Terynth, ever shows up I'll warn you. For now though I have my team to tend to and a tournament to enter. Speaking of, mind if I finally get that letter of recommendation from you? Convenient that I run into you here." Sub said with a laugh.

Once he got the letter from the professor he would thank her and apologize once more for the circumstances of their meeting. Parting on better terms Sub set off to rejoin with his teammates in the stadium, though Krysta was fresh on his mind. The girl had tasted something different and experience told him she wouldn't go back to the stuffy old lab quietly. He had a feeling their time with her was far from over.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:59 pm
As the clock struck seven and the clock tower's bells chimed, their sound echoing through out the entire city. The bells were soon drowned out by the sound of fireworks lighting up the sky above Motostoke as the sun disappeared into the horizon. The Snagems were alerted via SNAG to join Sub and the others at Motostoke Stadium for the closing ceremony. The ceremony its self introduced the eight gym leaders of Galar followed up by the various champions from each of the participating regions. There was suppose to be a speech by someone named Chairman Rose, the person Sub wanted to speak with about the Shadow Metapod incident but apparently he was unable to attend and his speech would be televised tomorrow before the first day of the tournament begins.

Finally the closing act involved the introduction of the champion of Galar himself, Leon who for whatever reason made a point to show off his Charizard which made the natives go wild as they all threw their hands up into some strange three finger pose. The guests from other regions didn't seem as enthused or surprised over some random Charizard but nonetheless politely clapped. Lance in particular appeared especially unmoved from what Sub could see from his seat.

With Leon's speech, or rather his excessive bragging about Galar in front of the other regions, over the ceremony closed with an even bigger fireworks display with the final explosion creating what resembled a Charizard in the sky. Again with the Charizard business. Sub had to wonder what was with Galar and Charizard, especially considering the Pokemon wasn't even native here. It would be a question he would have to have answered later however.

With ceremony over the Snagems were instructed by the cup's crew that their lodging for the night has been provided for them at the Budew Drop Inn and they are to promptly report to the inn and turn in for the night to be fresh for the first day of the tournament tomorrow. Sub would inform his Snagems to head there and get some shut eye. Sub on the other hand would be slightly delayed as a tall pale skinned and blonde haired woman stopped him in the hallways of Motostoke Stadium. She did not seem happy with him.

"Why are you asking around for the chairman?" She demanded to know, getting straight to the point.

"Excuse me? Who might you be?" He asked, not waiting for an answer before he answered her own. "I want to know what the big idea was using a Shadow Pokemon as an expedition match." Looks like their hunt for answers wasn't going to end up in a dead end after all.

"The chairman is a very busy man and doesn't need foreign interlopers poking around and ruining the World Champion Cup he worked so hard to put together. Now I suggest you focus your energy on the tournament. Maybe if you perform well there you might earn a small portion of the chairman's valuable time." The woman huffed, still not explaining who she was or answering anything about the Shadow Metapod as she turned to walk away.

Sub attempted to stop her from just leaving but before he could do anything two men dressed like Pokemon battle refs stepped up and in his way. With an annoyed grunt he backed down, again he promised not to cause trouble and so he resigned himself to accepting that he would not get what he came for today. Who was that woman and why was this Chairman Rose so hard to get a hold of? Just more questions left to be answered. He was still angry about the Shadow Metapod incident but there was nothing he could do right now it seemed. Instead he made his way to the Budew Drop Inn and prepared himself for tomorrow.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:55 pm
Once Ulla and Leon were finished trading, they made their way to where to meet Sub. As they watched, Leon couldn't help but be annoyed by the Champion. "Big brother look. The Champion's name is also Leon. "Thanks for pointing out the obvious." He said a bit annoyed with the Champion's attitude. Back in Alola, each Kahuna and Champion were in charge of protecting their lands. This just felt more for the sport. And what was the big deal about the Charizard?

Once again, the loud boom from the fireworks frightened Ulla bringing her back to that terrible memory. Her whole body froze as her heart sank down to her stomach. She was watching the Champion normally, but she wasn't hearing anything that was being said. All she could hear was the cries from her mother and her own cries from that time. Lucario, still out of his Pokeball, put his arm on her shoulder as it brought her back. "...Thank you." She said softly as she glanced at her brother to see if he recognized. He did.

Once the ceremony was over, Ulla quickly went to the inn to check in and get a room. Leon watched as this happened as he merely sighed. "How is she going to battle when any loud boom scares her?" He said out loud as he pondered.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:34 pm
"Sounds like the festivities are about to start," I said as the fireworks went off. The stadium was emitting a lot of hype, which also tipped me off.

"Right, we'd better get ready!" Keiko smiled for the first time in a while. Was I getting on her nerves that much, or was something else bothering her? She was being pretty guarded, so I couldn't tell just from sensing her emotions.

"So, when can I expect to be given a starter?" William spoke up, reminding me of his situation. "Oh, right. Sub'll be too busy with the tournament to help you with that," I told him before turning to Keiko. "I'm gonna catch William a Pokemon. See you in a bit."

"Oh. See you when you get back, then!" Keiko said happily, despite sounding sad for a split second. Something was off about her, but I couldn't tell what just from sensing her emotions.

"Um..." William hummed, knocking me out of my focus on Keiko "Oh, right," I muttered before leading William out into a nearby route.

[To be continued in a Side RP.]

~*~

"Hey! Get back here!" Absinthe roared when the two people she was battling against ran off for no apparent reason. "Jeez! What's the point of offering to battle if you're just gonna pull a chicken move and bail halfway through? What a waste of time." It was only after griping that she heard the fireworks display.

"Oh. Tournament's finna start. I guess I can forgive them, then. Come on, bro. We don't wanna be late," Abby shrugged as she made her way to the stadium, motioning Lykas to follow her.

~*~

Keiko got to watch the preceding of all eight Galarian gym leaders, and Abby got to watch six of the eight. William and I wouldn't show up until the Galarian Champion had first started his speech.

"What a joke," I huffed, watching the so-called 'champion' crapping on all the regions that came for the tournament, claiming that Galar was superior than them all. "Big talk coming from someone with more advertisements on his back than any television channel would be willing to run on a single commercial break."

"It's not a big deal," Keiko chimed in, once again annoyed at my dislike of Galar.

"It's disrespectful is what it is," I quipped back, too agitated with what I was seeing to notice Keiko's malcontent. "Not to mention the garbage spewing out of his mouth. Patriotism is one thing, but the least he could do is show a little respect to the people that built the infrastructure that got him where he is."

"I'm pretty sure it's his ability to battle that's gotten him where his is," William commented, trying to be as polite as possible despite all the disrespect I've shown Galar so far.

"i'm not judging the trainer ability of a person I've never seen battle," I replied, trying to calm down. "But Galar wouldn't have a Champion if not for the Pokemon League's presence in it."

"You wanna know what I find funny about all this?" Abby chimed in, sitting not too far from the three of us. "His Charizard obsession."

"I know, right? I've you're going to talk all this rot about your region being superior, at least use a Pokemon mascot that's native to your region! Talk about double-standards."

"Terashi?" Keiko butt in. The anger I could feel coming off of her was sobering. "Rala."

Keiko walked off before I realized how hypocritical I'd been. "Your girl is pissed," Abby snarked, smirking malevolently and looking all the more like the child of her father.

I sighed, and sat back. Chasing after her now would only worsen the problem I thought it best to give her some space and let her process her emotions. William silently watched the proceedings, keeping out of our business due to not wanting to be rude.

~*~

Mushy stuff nobody wants to see
Of the four of us, I was the last to check into the inn Sub had set us up in. I found the room Keiko had claimed for us and knocked. When I didn't hear a response, I checked the door and found it unlocked. I opened the door, found Keiko lying on her stomach with her arms wrapped around her head and knew I was doomed. Keiko, despite how sensitive her tail was, always laid on her back. The only times she laid on her stomach was when she didn't want anyone to see her cry or when she didn't want anyone to see her get angry. She lifted her head when I closed the door behind me, only to let it fall back where it was. "I don't want to hear it," she warned, her voice muffled by her arms and the bed she was lying on.

"I'm done griping about Galar," I said, setting my duffel bag down beside the doorway. "Complaning isn't going to change anything, so there's no point going on like I've been. I'm done," I added, sitting down on the bed next to her. She responded by lifting herself up and wrapping her arms around my shoulders and resting her hands on my chest. "Good," she grunted, kissing my cheek gently. "I'm glad I have my fiance back."

"You know," I replied, wrapping an arm around her and rubbing my cheek against hers, "we should really start planning the wedding soon."

This caught Keiko off-guard for a second, as if she'd forgotten how much work planning weddings can be. "Tomorrow night," she said finally, turning around so she could lie on her back. "I'm too tired to think..." she trailed off.

I kissed her forehead and got in the bed with her. I did my best to try to sleep - the excitement of the tournament starting tomorrow made it difficult, but being in a warm bed next to a warm Lopunny hybrid made it a bit easier.

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:21 pm
It was safe to say that for a lot of the time, Sol, Cera, Amaranth and Aden had found one way or another to scatter and take in what they could of the city. With Galar- let alone Motostoke- being so foreign to them and not having the luxury to just sit and get a good feel for the culture, any moment where something could be found out was invaluable. They would regroup in time for the ceremonies, though Leon didn't exactly sit terribly well.

If anything, he came off as pompous and a little full of himself, albeit not out of any ill intentions- that was the assessment Sol and Aden reached, at any rate. Amaranth would tune him out instead and Cera failed to stop rolling her eyes at the theatrics. If she didn't know better, she'd swear Leon was going to bust out a Charizard at any moment to further the whole thing. They did, however, opt out of getting involved in the discussion with Sub and whoever that woman was, noting how quickly she shut down any attempt at answers. It raised suspicions- too many, in fact- but for now, they'd have to hurry up and wait. Focus their energy on the tournament and get an answer later.

Their time in two of the inn's rooms wasn't likely to be all that restful. Both out of a surprising amount of excitement, and out of a lack of any upfront answers. And, in Aden's case, going outside for a bit of air to calm himself, only to hear faint bleating and thuds and deciding to address it. When he did, the apparent source of both- a Wooloo- decided to slowly roll towards him instead in its own curiosity.

Its curiosity would be met with Aden's, wondering how it'd react to something else in its path. He took a Great Ball out and placed it on the ground, then stepped back and watched. He wasn't sure what to think when it simply rolled into the ball, hit the button on it, and put itself inside. It didn't even fight it either, the ball rolling instead of wobbling until it stopped with a click. "Uh... okay, that works. Just take the ball, make like I don't have anything I can use. Not entirely a lie since I never did manage to purify Scyther." He'd quickly go back inside, hoping to get some semblance of rest.

At least, they'd all be somewhat ready for the day to come.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff