Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] New Bonds (Iskernyk, Rahmsii, Tuelarua)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:17 am
Spockat
Rahmsii took not impressing remarkably well. He's stood for clutches, had been left standing and he found it easier to just move on. There was no sadness tinged in him, except forbid friend who was looking to have lost her eye. He poked his head in once to have been shooed to have his own injuries examined.

He felt (and looked) like he ran through the meat grinder. Adrenaline and torn cloth hid the worst of it. The healers tended his claw wounds, bites from baby teeth. Angry, aching marks held together with a close stitch. He was decent enough health to take it easy at the Feast. Rahmsii knew better than to pick up a glass to loosen up, while there was pain-deadening salve working its magic. There would be ugly scars all, as if the bandages around his forearms and middle weren't ugly enough. He could stay at the Feast, with the promise he would make sure not to do anything strenuous as dance on tables. Ha, as if.

Rahmsii picked lazily at the food waiting for music to start. His brown firelizard Blood, quick as a fish snapped food from his fingers, then curled around his neck like a soft scarf. It was good fun to see each of the bitty dragons, more confident and bright paired to theirs.

This had been the day Iskernyk had been eagerly waiting for, ever since a visit from dear old dad. To find out he had a brother had been one thing, but to find that Rahmsii was a candidate as well? Delight was absolutely palpable. He’d only arrived in a day before after arranging a date with a cute bluerider, who had.. abruptly abandoned him. Yet he arrived just in time to witness the hatching, sitting on the edge as he’d tried to locate his estranged sibling -- and had picked him out of quite the crowd. There was no mistaking those similar features, and for as much as Iskernyk liked to preen in front of a mirror, he could certainly glean those details out.

Following his sibling throughout the hatching, from bravely trying to protect a candidate to being mauled. Yet he watched Rahmsii march out with the rest of the candidates, unlucky in this try at finding his lifemate. Saddening, yes, but there would always be more -- and Iskernyk couldn’t wait to see the rest.

Dressed primly in a red-dyed wher hide suit, with the softest cream shirt beneath. Hair coiffed and a little messy from the rush to clean up and join the stands to observe the hatching mere candlemarks ago. On his shoulder pads, Sir and Madam sat delicately, looking around at the festivities with interest. Both the brown and green firelizard having their little vests and accoutrements to catch the eye. Unable (or unwilling) to sing, he still had the little loves looking their best.

Plucking a glass of wine, he rather sauntered between people as he kept an eye out for one specific person. But it didn’t take long, grinning as he crossed the distance, sliding in across the table into a seat. “I saw what you did out there, for the little one. Brave! Oh, I could write such bravery of one of the finest candidates I’ve seen in quite some time!” But he winked, grinning as he sipped at his wine glass. “But what can I say from one of my own blood? I’m Iskernyk -- your brother.”

Spockat

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 12:03 am
Rahmsii wrinkled his nose. Gray eyes blanked as if the mental gymnastics could be seen within their void. This was too much on the painkillers he took for his stitched together wounds. This was too much without at least a tumbler of something strong enough to sear the conversation out of his skull to begin with.

"Brave is a weird word for that," he tilted his head. Taking in...all that. "Maybe save it for Miela. It was her first time standing.. and what a way for it to go." He pulled a roll off the table, ripping it apart between his fingers. Looking away. Nearly choking on a bite. "First time eating. Clearly." He said rather dryly. "My half brother died. And you aren't full of maggots."

Quizzically he ran his hand over Blood, who gave a little snap of teeth. The brown fire lizard was never one for strangers, turned around and showed off his rump from Rahmsii's shoulder instead. "But the old man wasn't keen on keeping his pants on I suppose."

He delicately leaned forward, looking at the gray pool eyes they seemingly shared. The harper seemed to fair better than he had. Starving, dying mother, and rotting wasn't at the top of his list. Good on him for studying an instrument anyway. Intelligent choice. Rahmsii stared for a few more minutes than would have been comfortable for anyone. Gathering his bearings and not just shoving his way out. This all really was just a bit too much on everything else the day had bared upon him.

"Ah the, b*****d's mark," he extended a hand limply. "Congratulations?"

Prism Shine
AAA sorry this got buried

Spockat

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 12:57 am
Despite the less than warm reception, Iskernyk only held his pleasant, delighted grin. There was family resemblance once he'd finally had a closer look -- eyes, face-shape. He should know -- he'd spent long enough admiring his own reflection to preen.

"Hmm, what would you call trying to defend a young candidate from being mauled, then?" He sips at his glass, humming under his breath. Ahh, the wine in High Reaches was always good. Though he snorts, shaking his head. "Pretty sure I'd know if I was dead. Or.. full of maggots." His nose wrinkles. Bleh, not a thought he wants to dwell on. "Funny thing though, not surprised I have half brothers. Mams both said he didn't stick around long, guess he was off to some other field to sow." He gives an easy shrug, because the man was, for all intents and purposes, dead to him anyway. "I liked your handiwork, by the way -- his nose? -- quite fetching for him. It's how I learned about you!" Ever cheerful, Iskernyk beamed.

Perched atop his shoulder, Madam eyed the brown firelizard who had turned his back, crooning a soft note.

Isk held his head up a touch higher, feeling Rahmsii's inspection of him. He had nothing to hide, and though his own eyebrows raised a touch out of a curious, silent question, he didn't react. "I can't imagine this is any kind of pleasant, learning big shocking reveals after, ah.." Waving his hand in the direction of Rahmsii's injuries, the harper winced slightly. "I don't mean to take up much of your time, but you survived the hatching! Least I could do was come and introduce myself, so excited to find out I have a sibling. A younger sibling at that -- I'm an older brother! Ha!"

If he passed or failed the inspection, it was lost on Iskernyk as he grabbed the candidates hand tight and happily shook. "I suppose. Didn't know the man growing up, didn't care to get to know him now. But you -- I look forward to knowing you!"

Spockat
Big duckling

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 1:24 am
Oh yes.. all he had been through. It wasn't a sum if scratches and teethmarks.
He really had wanted to find Tuela, but he supposed she'd be in the company of her peers. It was a small sting needling in his heart at the realization, but an expected one. Such was Candidacy. Was Weyrlife. Blood huffed by his ear, too right. He had clapped the loudest when her little green chose her long at last, meaning every spark of joy for them.

It was...tiring to think of the emptier barracks, a friend in the Infimary - another's life to change with out him. That's what awaited him later. Bravery could stuff it, he was going to have cry in his blanket like a grown man later, and wake up the next morning with his head on straight.

He pulled Blood from his shoulders getting a few angry swats of the tail from him. "Hmm Supposed I put you in a little vest round b*****d? Behave." He looked down at the pathetic flitter who wanted to be one with human warmth.

Rahmsii shook his head, freeing his thoughts from the tangle of the medications the healers had given him. "I call it...standard? Anyone can have a chunk taken out if their a**." Stomach. Arms. Eyes. "It would have been better if I had gotten her out if the way I think." He shrugged languidly. The dragon was put of that shell so to speak.

He shook Iskernyk hand limply, intentionally awkward as this entire conversation. Well he had punched their dear old dad. "I don't suppose it ever healed properly. I think I wore quite a few rings then. Trust when I say you aren't missing out knowing him."

He was not forthcoming in the slightest. Instead he gestured to the whining fire lizard. "Blood." And he well if he really must… "and you likely know I'm Rahmsii already. Hi."

Prism Shine
NO

Spockat

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:45 am
His gaze drifted over his brother, doing his best to memorize his facial features and commit them to memory. It wouldn’t do to send Sir or Madam on some wild wher chase to send a letter if he couldn’t get an accurate image of Rahmsii in his mind. Bandages, a slight lull to his gaze from.. painkillers, he most likely suspected. Baby dragons could do quite a bit of damage -- and every time he saw a bloody hatching, his heart ached for pain he wouldn’t feel. Though whether he was glad he wouldn’t feel such pain, or still disheartened that the honor of candidacy hadn’t fallen onto him was still a debate to be won out.

Yet remembering the viscera of that young girl being torn asunder had his stomach rolling slightly, face paling as his wine threatening to come up.

“Mmm, no doubt. Milling about on the sands with babies like that.” His hand absently found Madam, who was still peeking out at Blood with curiosity. Her small, dainty head weaving around fingers, cheeping irritably for her view being blocked. Things he got to witness and write about, tunes that he hummed to himself. “Daresay, I don’t even think the mother could’ve stopped that baby. He seemed quite… determined of his goal.”

He snorted, a languid smile that hinged mildly on contempt. “Oh, no doubt -- absolutely no doubt.” Iskernyk shook his head punctuationally. “It’s got quite a good slope on it now. Always wondered where I came from -- ah, well, where my mothers got that other half of me, anyway. Almost wished I hadn’t finally known an answer.” Sighing, Iskernyk glanced into the depths of his red wine. With a deep breath, the somber look is gone, to be replaced by a cheeky grin and a mildly buzzed wink. “Ah well, one of life’s mysteries solved. And I got to find out I have a brother! So now he’s still heirless, and I win out! How lucky can I be?”

“Pleasure to meet you, Rahmsii. This is --” He finally took note of how Madam was trying to escape the weight of his palm, the green firelizard’s eyes whirling a disgruntled orange. “This is Madam, and this one,” his chin directed to the brown flitter sitting stock still on his shoulder, “is Sir.”

He gave a tentative glance around, at the new pairs and their babies, of candidates in various states of joy and defeated -- and took in Rahmsii once more. "Were you waiting for someone..?"

Spockat
The Girls on next post, I think

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces