Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:53 am
"Owwwwwww shells and shards...."

Z'haq lay sprawled face-down on the bed of the weyr he shared with Teliresa and their baby daughter Zaresa. It was a Threadfall day, and the Wingleader of the Furies had managed to hurt himself catching a badly-tossed sack of firestone and pulling his shoulder something fierce. He hadn't even bothered to wash the sweat and crackdust off of himself when he came home, just peeled off his flight jacket and shirt and flopped on the bed.

"Reeeeeesa," he moaned pathetically, "could you maybe try to massage this out? Right here." Twisting his other arm behind his back, he indicated a spot just below his shoulder blade. "Dig in really deep. And don't worry about hurting me, 'cause you won't..."

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:13 pm
When Z’haq had returned to their weyr Resa could tell he was injured immediately. He hadn’t bothered to clean up. Poor thing. When he flopped onto the bed she settled beside him fretfully.

She started massaging his shoulder as indicated. “What did you do?” She asked. He’d been right to assure her, she was worried. She didn’t want to make it worse!

Zaresa saw her mother and, having already been nested on the bed and began patting Z’haq on the back. Did this help? “Da?”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:16 pm
Z'haq felt Resa settle in on the bed beside him, and when she started massaging the muscles of his shoulder he let out a groan. "Caught a sack of firestone wrong," he managed to grunt. "Nearly dislocated my shoulder again." He was glad he hadn't; he didn't have much medical knowledge, but he knew that once you dislocate a joint it becomes susceptible to being dislocated again. "Ungh that feels good. I'm going to have to start lifting again, strengthen those muscles."

The bronzerider felt a tiny pap-pap-pap on his back and the coo of his baby daughter, and couldn't help but grin. "Yes, Zari, that helps a lot." He wanted to fuss her mop of curly hair, but he couldn't move under Resa's ministrations.

"So that was my day. How was yours?"

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:58 pm
“You dimglow,” Resa said, but there was no harshness to her words. She continued to massage. “I don’t want you dislocating your shoulder again.” She’d heard that once a dislocation happened, it would happen again. “Be careful when you do,” she said. She didn’t want him hurting himself.

“I chased this munchkin around,” Resa said, indicating Zari. The baby could move quickly when she wanted to! “You need a nap, miss,” she added.

Zari ignored her, continuing instead to pat-pat Z’haq.  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:30 pm
"Somebody needs a nap, do they?" Z'haq said with a grin, ignoring Resa's dimglow remark; he knew she didn't mean any harm by it. Rolling onto his non-injured side, he propped himself up on his elbow and reached for the baby. "Ow," he complained halfheartedly, rotating his shoulder before reaching for his daughter again. "Sommmmmebody needs a nap?" He proceeded to tickle the little girl's tummy, sending her into paroxysms of giggles. "Is it nap time? I think it's nap time."

Forcing himself to sit up, Z'haq scooped Zari into his lap, then reached out with his other arm to pull Resa close. "We can all have nap time," he murmured into his partner's hair, following it with a kiss on top of her head. Leaning back a little, he sighed. "I think drills tomorrow will be practicing throwing and catching firestone sacks. Clearly some of us need remedial training."

Should I let the wing know, Z'haqMine? Eorawth inquired from wherever he'd gotten off to. Most likely the beach, washing himself and swimming in the ocean.

"Yeah, let the entire flight know. We'll make it a joint effort, make sure everyone's up to speed." A Flightleader's work was never done.

Thaliawen

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:05 pm
“She’ll protest,” Resa laughed. “She’s getting a stubborn streak.” But the infant instead rested against Z’haq, giggling. Resa studied Z’haq for a long moment before reaching to muss his hair. “I think you could use some rest,” she agreed. He was always working so hard.

“I think that might be a good idea,” she agreed. “But don’t strain yourself. You won’t be any use to anyone if you’re out of commission.” She leaned over to kiss his cheek when he pulled her close.

“Should I send Lyraeth to join Eorawth?”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas