Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:53 am
User Image

The sky was relatively dark. The halo of light from where the sun was soon to rise slowly expanding as the morning light neared. Nchekwube took in a deep breath, then slowly released it as he shifted his shoulders and settled his head back into his mane. It was cool out, but there was something refreshing about it. It cleared the mind and settled the soul, or something like that.

The Amusu took another breath, in and out. This one, though, sounded much more like a sigh than a settling, grounding motion. It felt heavy and thoughtful. Like there was a lot of weight behind it.

His pink and purple eyes stayed on the horizon, watching the sunrise as the lion settled into a comfortable laying position. Maybe, he thought, he just needed some time. Maybe then all the answers would come.

He was doubtful. But hey, a guy could hope.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:49 am
Isabis was excited. Life was going relatively smooth for her and her family and she couldnt be more thrilled. She knew she would have to settle down eventually but she was in no big hurry. She wanted something like her parents had, and she was prepared to wait for that.

Deciding to take a morning stroll she was surprised to see she wasnt the only one who had chosen to come out before the sun came up.

"Beautiful, isnt it?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:04 pm
Nchekwube blinked, doing his best to hide his surprise at the voice. Part of him was disappointed, having been hoping to spend the morning in peaceful solitude. Another part of him, though, seemed thankful for the reprieve that company would provide. A small smile grew into his somewhat tired-looking expression and he nodded, turning his attention from the sunrise back towards her.

"It is," he responded. The lion's tail swished behind him a couple times, as if he was shaking off some combination of tiredness and contemplation. It was an attempt to perk up that was moderately successful. With a bit more energy in his posture, he nodded towards her. "What brings you out here? There haven't been as many souls out these past few mornings. Getting a little cold out these days."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:09 pm
Returning the smile she have a small nod and walked so that she wasnt to far from him, off to the side. "I've always been an early riser; felt a walk was an order is really the answer I have to give." Beyond that she wasnt exactly sure why she was out and about.

Looking back towards the sky she revelled in the silence and beauty of the world around them for a few breaths before speaking once more.

"What of you? Any particular reason you've found yourself out here on such a cool day?" She honestly liked the chilliness of the changing season, it was quite nice to her for some reason.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:30 pm
Nche's smile warmed. "That's a good reason. Mornings have always been nice around here, I feel. It's always peaceful. Quiet. The air is always fresh and the sun is always warming. It promotes a clear head." He paused, then shuffled his paws. "Which, I guess, is what brings me out here. A clear head. Or, the hopes for one anyway."

He shrugged his shoulders. "Things aren't as chaotic around here as they were a little while ago, so I don't know why everything feels so…" the lion squinted his eyes thoughtfully as he searched for the right word. "Heavy," he finished. It seemed like he was speaking to both his company and himself. Maybe talking through his funk would get him out of it? Hey it was worth a shot, right?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:45 pm
Giving an agreeing not she took a seat, hoping he didn't mind, she probably should have asked first. "You don't mind if I sit with you a bit, I'd hate to impose." Even if he had been nice enough to talk to her she didn't want to intrude on his personal time.

She probably should have spent more time listening to things around her as she grew up in this pride but she'd always been a bit aloof. "Is it the lack of chaos perhaps that makes you feel that calm isn't so normal perhaps?" She really wasn't much help there she realized. "It had become a normal and now tou have to get used to the new normal maybe? Like you're uncertain how to process the fact you're able to just relax more maybe?" She realized she was talking aloud as more of a way to get her thoughts in order and sorta understand him perhaps. She wasn't very good at this and she rubbed a paw on her leg.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:41 pm
"You wouldn't be imposing," he responded, shifting over to make a little room beside him.

"I suppose," he responded, furrowing his brow in thought. "Not that I would wish any more chaos around here. I think that some of us have had enough for one lifetime. Though I guess it'll take a bit to get used to it." Nchekwube took a breath deep into his chest and then let it out again. "It's a bit strange, though. I've only been a part of the Amoosu during times of near crisis. It's… different, settling in to everything without having to worry about all of the unexpected factors being thrown around."

There was time to think about other things, now. He could focus more on his family. On his companions. On… love? Or… or figuring out if that's exactly what he had been feeling with Amatyala. He felt bad. Nchekwube hadn't given much thought into what it was exactly that he felt for the lioness. It was some sort of caring, sure. But he cared for everyone that lived here. Why was it that it felt so different for her? The thought came with a ping of guilt. It wasn't really fair that he wasn't able to give it was much attention as he should have, was it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:25 pm
Pleased that he was okay with her joining him she made herself comfortable with the space he'd provided.  

Giving a pause she looked over towards him with a smile, "well, since you'll have some free time on your paws, perhaps you can focus on other things that you enjoy and not just your duties?" Maybe that would help him ease into the calmness of everything.

"That's what I'd do anyway." Not sure if that would help him out or not in the end. She just knew if she had been busy a lot she'd make sure to find time for other things in her life when given the chance.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:16 pm
"Focus on other things…" he thought for a moment, his voice drifting off as if he were getting lost in thought. When was the last time he had worried about 'other things'? About his family, or his friends. It must have been… Well, it must have been before all of this started, right? Before his awakening. Before his accident. Probably before the trials even began. That was before any of the rogues had entered the pride. That was even before the adult beside him was even born.

That…That was a shamefully long time, wasn't it?

"It's not really fair to those that are supposed to be close to me that I've been so preoccupied, huh?" he asked with a small smile. Not that any of those he was close to ever expressed it. Or ever would express it, he guessed. Everyone seemed to understand. He had responsibilities, and everyone seemed to accept that it took a fair amount of his attention.

That didn't really make it fair though, did it.

"You bring up solid points," he said finally after a fair amount of quiet contemplation. "I think… I think I might need to make some mental shifts. Might need to… think on some things." A sigh left him. It wasn't heavy, though. If anything, it sounded like relief. He felt more grounded than he had before.

"Thank you. For your advice. I'll think on it some more." He glanced back towards the living quarters of the pride. Something in his chest was pulling him in that direction. "I'm… I'm sorry for cutting the time so short. We've only just settled in, but… But I think I have some reconnecting to make."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:19 am
"Of course, I'm glad I could provide you with some assistance." Which had been rather unintentional on her part, she had really just been thinking out loud more than anything.

"I hope our paths cross again soon! Please enjoy your day." She said as she decided to stay where she was for a time longer.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas