Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:18 pm
User ImageUser Image

It was a becoming evening and so far Eleuia had nothing to show for her adventure outside the pack lands. Eleuia could hear her mother's warning voice in her head. 'Stay near Tariku, don't talk to stranger, don't go far from the pride and make sure you are home before nightfall.' Pretty her mother just did not want her to have fun. Her mother just did not understand how boring it was to be stuck in the pack lands always hunting and never going on adventures. When Tariku became her partner, she thoughts things would be different, that her mother would finally treat her like the adult she was. But no. She still got order after order of how she should behave. Just because she was the pack leader's daughter didn't mean she had to be perfect!

“Eleuia, we need to head back.” Tariku said, trailing behind Eleuia. When they set out, he had hoped that they would be working on their teamwork. Eleuia had been insistent on exploring though, saying that it would be helpful to know the land outside their home. He tried arguing, bringing up the fact that he knew the lands around their pack fairly well, but she was stubborn. Eventually he gave in, when she promised that when they got back home they would work on hunting. “If we leave now we will get there before the moon rises and your mother will not be upset.”

“The moon is when I am at my best.” Eleuia retorted. She had her eyes set on a good size mountain. It reminded her a little of home. “Lets stay out a little longer and hunt under the moonlight with the great hunter's blessing. We can rest near the mountain until then.”

Tariku let out a defeated sigh. “Just so you know, your mother isn't just going to yell at you. I will be in just as much trouble as your are, if not more because I am supposed to be the responsible one.” He wished that his partner was easier to compromise with. From the moment they became one, it felt more and more like she was always dragging him in her schemes.

“Mom loves you. She won't yell... that much.” Eleuia said with a wink. “Now lets get a move on!”  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 6:01 pm
User Image

Koin had wandered much further than he had expected to. His mind was lost, wandering quite often now that he was older. Despite being a slave, he wasn't tied down as much as the other slaves in the pride. He had seen the pride at its birth - at its death. He had seen it rise and fall and rise again like a phoenix from the ashes, and he was allowed some measure of freedom.

He would always return home after all. Skaut fluttered above him, and he ended up following her quite a ways as his head was in the clouds. He trusted her not to lead him too far off course. He followed her for perhaps miles, until she swooped low. His eyes followed her down, finally focusing on what was before him. It took him a moment to focus on shapes ahead of him.

He was surprised to still have his sight in his old age, if he was honest, even if it wasn't quite as sharp as before. Skaut fluttered towards him, though not landing on him as she used to when he was younger. "Do you see them?" She asked. "A lion and dog pair, quite unusual outside of your circle."

He hmmed and nodded. He changed his trajectory, hoping to cross their path, as he was walking perpendicular to them.

"Could you go ahead of me and speak to them? I'll catch up."

Skaut gave a small nod, giving a strong flap of her wings to make her way towards to traveling pair.

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:55 pm
Tariku watched Eleuia speed up. He didn't both walking faster. It would only waste energy. Usually her upbeat nature was a welcome addition to his own serious personality. He would never admit it, but he enjoyed her passion to do new things. However, times like today he wished that she took things just a little bit more seriously. She never spent time outside her pack and she had no idea how dangerous things could be in the rogue lands.

“Tariku! Do you see that!” Eleuia yelled, stopping abruptly. She looked back toward him and then pointed upward with her paw.

His attention went straight to her and his entire body stiffened. Were they in some sort of danger? He looked at where she was pointing and saw a bird heading toward them. Relief filled him. A harmless bird that they could ignore.

“I bet I can catch that bird faster then you!” Eleuia said, crouching down, getting ready to pounce.

Tariku rushed toward her and stood in front of her. He shook his head at her.

“I would hold off on doing that Eleuia. That bird could be friends with someone close by.” He said quietly, keeping alert for any movements. The last thing he needed was for Eleuia to be harmed on their outing. Getting yelled at would be the worst of his worries. “It would be better to be safe then sorry. We are not here to upset anyone.”

“Hey bird! Do you belong to someone?” Eleuia yelled, looking at the bird curiously. It was weird to think of a bird belonging to someone. Why would someone be friends with prey? It seemed silly. Partners should be strong and dependable, make you complete.

Seaki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:33 pm
Skaut was very grateful to the lion who stopped her attacker. She didn't much enjoy getting pounced upon, even if she had dealt with unruly pups in the past. "Thank you," she huffed, but carefully watched the dog to ensure she wouldn't get attacked when she least expected it, but she did move closer so she wouldn't have to strain her voice.

"I belong to Koin, as he belongs to me," She told the pair, answering the young dog's inquiry. "He should be here in a moment." She glanced towards the direction of her bonded.

Surely enough, the white and red dog approaches as the dog-lion pair were distracted with Skaut. Koin was far more used to lions around than other dogs, but he was nothing if not personable.

"Hello," He told the pair, glancing at Skaut who fluttered back towards him with haste.

Fairy Snails

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

Fairy Snails
Crew

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:25 am
Eleuia looked from the white and red wild dog to the bird back to the wild dog. A dog paired with a bird? That wouldn't make one whole. Only a lion, wild dog pair could. Before she said anything she looked at Tariku who shook his head at Eleuia. The land outside her home was weird, she decided.

“Sorry that my friend acted aggressively. We come from a hunting pack and she hasn't spent much time outside of it.” Tariku said to the vulture. He was thankful Eleuia was listening to him. The last thing he wanted was to cause trouble outside the pack. “It is very nice to meet both of you. I am Tariku and my lioness is Eleuia.”

When Tariku said her name she smiled. She cared deeply about her partner and though that started off rocky, she enjoyed every moment they shared together.

“Are you a good hunter?” Eleuia asked curiously. Their home was always in need of more members. It usually took outsiders a bit of time to understand their ways, but they always figured it out eventually. Plus there were lots of single lions in the pack that would love to find their other half.

“We should avoid talking about hunting Eleuia. This is your chance to ask questions and learn more about the world outside the pack.” Tariku said quietly. His gut was telling him that Eleuia wanted to drag their new friend back to the pack, something her mother would be happy about, but he knew would not look good on the pack.

“Are you from around here?” He asked.

Seaki

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces