[PRP] So...about that...(Shahera, L'nik, dragons) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:17 pm
Shahera was uncharacteristically nervous and was pacing. She had asked L’nik to come by without much explanation of why. What if he didn’t like her news. Well, too bad for him. Forcing herself to stop pacing she sat on a couch only to have her foot jiggle with nerves. She couldn’t stop moving. As soon as she stilled her foot, her hand started tapping.

He will be thrilled. Both of them will be. There is no need to worry. Therianth was over the moons with delight over everything and was sure the males would be too.

Easy to say, but this changes everything. How did it even happen? She hadn’t been grounded for long, only a week or so.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:55 pm
Near was being a little pest, settling and resettling with annoyed chirps around L'nik's neck as Hessianth carried them both. I could still eat her, the brown remarked, clearly joking about the upset baby firelizard. While he'd not been thrilled about the acquisition, he'd certainly warmed some to the tiny green. But Hessianth was far more interested with other greens - like the one he could see settled in outside of Shahera's weyr.

Therianth was always far more interesting than anything their riders were up to, and even before L'nik could get unseated, the brown was greeting her with a fond headbump. My love, he hummed with such warmth, as though he'd not seen her in turns, when it had likely only been a day at most. He couldn't be kept away, really.

L'nik left him to his romancing, instead poking his head inside. "You wanted to talk?" he greeted tentatively. There was a nervous tension in the air and L'nik could taste it. It wasn't like Shahera to be nervous, after all.

faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:59 pm
Therianth hummed in contentment. Things were always better when Hessianth was around. Hello! She greeted brightly. Wanting to share her merriment she couldn’t stop from saying, you won’t believe what happened! Guess! Guess!

Shahera smiled at L’nik before frowning out at Therianth. Let me run this. She told the green. Then feeling that had been a bit harsh she said, please? But, she didn’t really know how to start talking about it. First, greetings! She got up and walked over to L’nik and gave his chin a tug to get him to lean down for a kiss.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:12 pm
Oh? Do I get a hint? Hessianth asked, practically prancing around Therianth as he pondered all of the options he could have guessed from. It had to be good if Therianth was in a good mood about it. Did you find more eggs?

If so, he was hoping this didn't mean another fussy firelizard around L'nik's neck.

"Hello to you too," L'nik smiled, pulling Shahera in close before leaning into her kiss. That alone removed at least all of the bad things she could have wanted to talk about. Which was a relief, in a way. But he'd not forgotten her nervousness. "Is everything alright?"

faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:28 pm
With a little snort, Therianth told Hessianth, Noooo. No new little firelizards! She turned her head to watch the brown prancing. Hints?…hmmmm…..no! She giggled happily. I have faith that you can figure it out.

Shahera leaned into the kiss and then rested her head on L’nik’s chest with her arms wrapped around his waist briefly. She completely ignored Near, which was unusually for her. Usually she at least acknowledged firelizards.

Maybe they should sit? Hmmm…She took his hand and led him to the couch and into a seated position. “Yes.” But… “I want to ask you a question first. Are you content with how things are now?” Well, that was vague, she thought. Still, she waited to see what L’nik said.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:53 pm
No new firelizards. Hmmmm. Did you two get a promotion? Yes, he did rather fancy the idea of them in a position of more power - even if he and his L'nik also deserved such a thing.

Oh boy. This was a sit down sort of talk. Now he was getting visibly concerned, a small frown on his face as L'nik squeezed Shahera's hands. "I am happy with you - and what we have. Why?" Did she want something to change?

faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:44 pm
Therianth shook her head in a very human method. No, and we won’t for a while now. She was unbothered by this fact. It would be neat if you were though! Are you going to be promoted? Do you want to be? She looked at Hessianth with interest.

Shahera played with L’niks hand a little. He was going to make her ask and he didn’t even know it. Poor man must be so confused. Shahera was also confused but in a different way. “Have you ever wanted more?”

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:03 pm
Well that's disappointing. Hessianth's tone went flat as his hopes of his mighty green in higher ranks was dashed. No flitters, no promotion. Hmmmm. I should hope Mine and I are someday! We would be perfect for it! and as if his word was not enough, he made a point to half spread his wings so she could admire them. Yes, he was a fine dragon, was he not? He was her fine dragon!

He was very confused, rubbing his thumb against the back of Shahera's hand while his face scrunched up in thought. It made him look very serious. "More? Are....am I ...leaving you wanting in some way?" L'nik didn't like that thought - though he also couldn't have imagined Shahera staying quiet on that if it were the case. "I have you, I have Hessianth....." and while rank - a wingsecond, maybe - had been an idle thought here and there he'd never really thought too hard about his future beyond those two things.

faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:38 pm
You would be! The wing would be lucky to have you. Therianth snaked her head out to bump against Hessianth. Come sit with me and tell me what your next guess is!

Shahera couldn’t help but smile at the serious look on L’nik’s face. It was so adorable. She was also quick to assure him that it wasn’t that she was wanting in someway. “That isn’t it. I am quite happy. Just…have you ever wanted a family? One of your own?” She didn’t really know what she would do if he said no.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:51 pm
He bumped his head back against Therianth's eagerly, settling quickly to rest at her side when asked with a deep thrum of contentment in his chest. Hm! Well... clearly Therianth was excited about whatever it was, even if it meant they would not be getting any grand promotion anytime soon. So it wasn't trouble and -

Oh. He could feel a tug of thought from L'nik, briefly looking from Therianth and in where he sat with Shahera and her question. I see!

Oh indeed. "I've never not wanted a family," he had always felt his father's absence...and the lack of siblings. But he had never felt like he'd lacked one in his mother and grandfather. "Being a dad would be nice," if not a steep learning curve. He'd never exactly handled an actual baby.

faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:02 pm
Isn’t it great? Therianth was not at all perturbed that Shahera had given it away. We should be celebrating!

Some of the tension that Shahera had been holding in eased away at L’nik’s words. “You say that now,” she teased, “but will you still want to be a dad when it is three in the morning and a baby has been screaming for over an hour already with no end in sight?” But she leaned against his arm and smiled.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:15 pm
It was all the better Shahera had been the one, and not Hessianth upon figuring it out very slowly. Western will do well to have more of Ours, of course, he was very biased. How do humans celebrate their young? They certainly didn't have hatchings, after all.

L'nik's expression glazed over as he imagined this very scene, leaning back into Shahera and leaning his head against hers. "I'll have no choice then - and a baby is not the only one who impose on me at ridiculous hours of the morning." He could think of a certain beach escapade that had left at least him and Hessianth tired all though lessons the next day in particular. Not that Hessianth had complained. But, it didn't sound like that mental image was a dealbreaker either.

Faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:16 pm
I don’t know. But we aren’t humans so we can celebrate however we want! Therianth was unbothered by her lack of knowledge. Only, we can’t go anywhere. Mine can’t go between just yet.

Shahera smiled more broadly at L’nik’s reaction. He seemed to be accepting this a lot better than she had at first. “You might have a choice…” She offered. “You could always jtry and ust leave the baby at my weyr and never have them overnight.” Not that she would really let him. He was part of this whole baby making business and she had to do the first months carrying, he could certainly take a few nights once the baby was born.

She poked him in the arm. “I suppose we have imposed at night. but I haven’t heard any complaining.”

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 3:42 pm
Hessianth considered this for merely a moment - Then how shall we celebrate? He'd only half gotten an idea of letting all the wherries in the pen out to be chased around the bowl formed before L'nik vetoed that for the sake of keeping them out of trouble.

Because it would have been him having to put them back away!

Hessianth passed on the mental image to Therianth anyways.

"You say that like I wouldn't want to have both of you in the same weyr as me," whether that was her moving into his, or him into hers....he rather liked the idea of Himself, Shahera, and the baby all together.

"Nothing to complain about," okay, perhaps a little lost sleep but Shahera was worth more than a few more hours of sleep.

Faesinger

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:12 pm
Therianth gave a small mental giggle at the image of all those wherries fleeing before their mighty forms. We should do that some time anyway! Looks like so much fun. Shahera gave a vehement NO. Well…i]It seems appropriate that we corral some young ones in light of the new addition. I think there are many in the creche who wouldn’t mind a playdate…got to get in that practice

“Nothing?” Shahera asked slyly. “Does this mean I can do anything?” She gave L’nik a sinful smile before returning to the main topic. “If I were a different woman I might be upset at that way of asking me to move in with you. Thankfully for you, I am glorious me.” This time her grin was all shared amusement. “I suppose I could do that…” She trailed off thoughtfully.

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces