Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Likno tis Zois Lands
[PRP] Not So Talkative (Hatari x Rozalija)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:29 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hatari was still quuite young - only freshly within her bigger (but not big) adolescent body. She had enough energy to tired her moms our rather quickly, and so she spent her days trying to find other pride members that may be good to expend her energy upon. This is the thought process that had her hunting around the dens now, searching for someone her own age to chat with.

The purple lioness was quite talkative, and so she simply hoped to meet someone who shared that common interest. Though she was quite close with her siblings, she didn't have many friends, per se, so now the hunt was on to find some. She also knew soon enough she would need to find a harem of her own, but that was secondary to new friends. Of course.

Rather quickly, Hatari spotted an absolutely adorable little black lion cub with a wing marking upon her back, her ears adorned with beautiful, bright orange feathers. Hatari smiled, big and bright, before bounding over to the lone cub. "Hi there, I'm Hatari! I don't think we've met before. Who might you be?"

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2019 6:56 pm
Ruler of Everything

User Image

Rozalija was resting outside the den after another annoying and futile attempt at trying to speak. She kept trying so hard, but nothing ever came out. Not even the littlest squeak. It was almost enough to drive the young cub to tears. Almost. Roza wasn't about to give up yet. She was positive there was just something she was missing. Which was why she was sitting outside to calm herself.

Seeming out of no where a young adolescent with blue, black and white markings approached her. As if to emphasize her lack, the adolescent started jabbering away at her. Roza sat there a moment blinking her glowing yellow eyes. Normally she'd duck back into the den and grab someone who could talk to answer the female.

Right now she was feeling slightly stubborn. She reached up and touched her paw against her muzzle, then shook her head sadly. Roza looked to see if the other would guess her meaning.  

magnadearel

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:51 am
At the lack of an immediate response, Hatari cocked her head. Sure, she was fine with others shirking her off as annoying and “too much,” but usually she got some kind of reaction out of other lions. Her eyes squinted involuntarily as she watched the young female touch her paw to her mouth with a small, sad shake of the head.

Oh?

Oh.

It didn’t take long for Hatari to realize what Rozalija meant. Hatari’s own mother, though not born with a disability, was differently abled - her eyesight had been lost in a brutal attack from her sister in her younger years - and this helped Hatari to be a better, more sensitive and intuitive lion. Where her mother lacked sight, she made up for in love. And the adolescent cub was sure that this little black ball of fur was much the same.

You can’t speak, can you? That’s okay! I can talk enough for the both of us.” She smiled, still chipper, hoping that her talking didn’t irritate the cub. After all, she was wanting to make friends, and that didn’t happen when you flaunted your ability to speak in front of another who could not.

My mother, Adina, do you know her? She’s a constable here, so she keeps an eye on things, but um, she doesn’t really have eyes? I mean she has eyes but her… her eyesight doesn’t work. She can’t see anything. Which is kind of sad, but… oh, nevermind. You don’t want to hear about my family.” She rolled her eyes playfully, and set them on the cub, awaiting any sort of reaction to instruct her as to how to move on.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:59 am
Ruler of Everything

Rozalija was surprised when it didn't take the lioness long to guess what she'd meant. Normally those who didn't know her family had a hard time with her, and thought she was just being rude by not talking to them. It was a relief that this lioness didn't get mad about something she had no control over.

She gave a relieved smile when she offered to speak enough for the both of them. Well if she could carry on a conversation with Rozalija, she certainly wouldn't protest! The cub listened as the other, who's name she learned was Adina, spoke of her own family. At first she was confused, the lioness' mother kept an eye on the pride, but didn't have eyes.

Her eyes widened when she finally understood what Adina was getting at. Her own mother had a problem like Rozalija's, so she was probably the one lioness in the pride who would understand Roza's the best! The cub tapped her chin in thought. How did a lioness who couldn't see keep an 'eye' on a pride? How could she convey her question to her new companion?

Rozalija looked up at the older lioness then reached out to tap Adina's chest. She did want to hear more about her mother!  

magnadearel

RuIerr

Devoted Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:48 pm
Hatari precious little black cub, watching her every movement carefully. She knew that with those who were differently abled in the way her mother was often communicated differently than others, because they experienced the world in such a different way. Although, she supposed with... this cub (she made a note to ask around about her name - it should be easy, considering how striking she was!), she experienced the world much the same as Hatari herself did, she just wasn't able to interact in the same ways. But that didn't stop Hatari from holding a full-on conversation with her, just as she would anyone else.

From her motions, the purple lioness deduced that the cub wanted her to continue on. She had mentioned that she didn't want to babble on about her mother, but the cub seemed to almost be... coaxing her on? Great! She loved her mother. She could probably talk about her all day, if asked!

"You want to know more about my mom? She's... she's wonderful. Like I said, she's a Constable, so she kind of... well, she 'mediates' things. That's how she describes it. I think she's, like... I think she gets in the middle of fights lions have within the pride and figured out a solution? It sounds neat, whatever does." Hatari found herself smiling, getting a little mushy internally thinking about her mom.

"But yeah, she can't see anything. She says she experiences other things differently because of it. Like... her hearing! Her hearing is ridiculous - you can't talk about anything around her. And she's told me that she has a really good sense of smell, but I feel like all lions have that, so who knows." She made a shrugging-like motion and settled back on her haunches, settling into a sitting posture.

"Do you have any senses that feel weirdly good? Or do you... do you not know, since I'm guessing you were born with no voice?" Hatari hoped she wasn't being insensitive!

magnadearel
I'm so sorry this took me an eternity ;;

[IC] Likno tis Zois Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces