Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Just the Flesh (Elzebuth/Anakumath)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:19 pm
It could have been worse. These words had brought Martirae no peace and whenever she left Anakumath'a side it was always wearing some tense expression that had only the most severe edges of it worn off. She didn't like it anymore than having her burned hide tended to. But it could have been worse, and she'd do not favors worrying others by sending the healers away.

Though some were nudged off towards those of her clutch who had fallen from the sky. She didn't need more hands than anybody else was getting.

She'd only just settled back on her ledge after another check to make sure everything was healing well when she saw a familiar hide descending into the bowl. Oh, how she was tempted to reach out to call them over, something - someone - good to lace a day that needed more pleasantness in it. But that shipped had sailed.

Right?

She still couldn't help but stare a little longer, though

Tsunake
[/quote)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:25 pm
Thread was nondiscriminatory in who it claimed with its searing touch, and that was something Elzebuth knew very well. He'd kept away from the wounded a time, watching and listening to the gossip and chatter of who had been injured--and how badly. Indeed, he'd waited until some of the crowds had died down before lazily circling, his eyes fixed on one dragon in particular.

Anakumath. He called warmly, not bothering to disguise his affection for the young gold. Have you time for a visit? He'd never presume to invite himself to her ledge, but surely she wouldn't turn him away. Though her wounds were not life-threatening, that didn't mean he didn't want to check on her himself.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:31 pm
A familiar voice - one that made her hearts aflutter with warm fuzzies that should have faded already - answered her longing stares and Anakumath was at least bashful enough to tuck her head under her wing. As though her longing attentions had not been obvious. Her reprieve was only for a moment, however, and she soon lifted her head again, shuffling to sit just a touch more regally. There was no reason to be a child with a crush - even if that was exactly what she was.

I always am happy to have your company, Dear Elzebuth, she answered in the same warm way she'd always invited him to come and sit with her. As if he wasn't a big fish that had returned to the sea to not be hers anymore. Maybe pretending for a few minutes would make her hide feel a little better.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:24 pm
Once invited so cordially, the big brown banked and descended to where the young queen lay upon her ledge. He tilted his head, quietly inspecting her wounds even as he approached to press his nose against hers. You carry the scars of battle honorably. The Devil noted, approving. I did not think you could be more beautiful.

He laid down after a moment more of nosing at her, thrumming quietly with pleasure. How was your Blooding? He asked quietly, as if he hadn't already listened to the gossip floating about. It was almost more polite to ask.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:03 pm
Oh, if she had been meant to be less aflutter of the older brown and move her hearts on elsewhere, he made it very hard. That Anakumath kept herself from scooting closer to lean too eagerly into the touch of his nose against hers was a feat itself. Yes, she would look prim and proper like a gold was meant to. I ache over a battle that others fought harder, she looked over her own hide, knowing it would heal. Knowing she did not fall from the sky as several of the others did.

When Elzebuth laid down, however, Ana was a bit more inclined to let more of that childish affection show, scooting closer so her shoulder leaned against his. I wish I had been more prepared, she admitted. Kleoth would have never liked knowing that when she finally went to battle she would not be ready to catch her siblings and have to leave them to others - and Anakumath wasn't sure if any warning would really prepare her young friend for that. But our training prepared us for the worst of it.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:52 pm
Oh? His voice carried hints of warm amusement. Did you not fight to the best of your ability? Did you hold back while your siblings and cousins fought? Elzebuth knew that she had not. Anakumath's humble nature, though charming, threatened to lessen her own accomplishments. You cannot compare yourself to others. I know that few could look at you and not see how hard you work yourself to be better.

He welcomed her attentions, not hesitating to allow his tail to snake around hers very lightly. If she wished to pull away, there would be no resistance. I know. Elzebuth said simply. But unfortunately, nothing can really compare to the real thing. As strong and capable as [he was, even Elzebuth bore scars and a limp from his battles. Each one was a testament to his survival--and an eternal reminder that he could never stop improving. You and Yours made it through. That is the important thing.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:30 am
Her eyes greyed for a moment at Elzebuth's words. She knew he was simply pointing out the truth for her, but... I will never be in as much danger. I cannot be - and that is neither of our faults. To be in dangerous airspace while being unable to flame was a risk to her and any of those who would be around her. It simply made more sense to leave her below where she was safer and could someday be ready to catch those who would fall. Though she hoped and wished with all of her hearts it would never be needed.

A fool's wish.

If she'd not been at least attempting to look as though this was like any other visit, Anakumath would have been inclined to lean her head against his. But it was better to not play house and string her own hearts along. That we did. Mine has taken my condition more harshly than I have, she confessed. Martirae's secrets would always be safe with her, but it was plain to any onlooker that the woman had blamed herself for their mishaps.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:54 pm
You cannot be. He agreed almost idly. So why do you continue to to torture yourself over it? You did all you could. As Your comparison to others is unfair. You cannot flame as they can, and they cannot catch the others as you can.

Elzebuth considered that for a moment, tilting his head slightly. Mine slipped into unconsciousness, during one of our early fights. He said quietly. I didn't understand what had happened. I nearly threw myself Between, thinking he was gone. It was not... an easy thing for him to admit, and even now, the memory was enough to make his eyes go grey. That sudden, terrifying loss of contact with his beloved G'ran...

The big brown sighed quietly after a moment, not hesitating to reach down and nudge at Anakumath's cheek. It is the nature of our bond, I think, to worry over one another. Rider and dragon... We desire to keep one another safe, more than anything.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:24 pm
Her eyes greyed slightly. Because I am not enough as I am, it was perhaps the worst thing she and Martirae shared between them with nobody to temper it. They both couldn't just accept shortcoming. They had to find somewhere to work harder. Be better. Golden hide meant nothing if useless.I am not even trained to catch them yet. I can't even do that.

His confession was surprising, even if the event was not something completely secret. Anakumath had not pried into such things, however, and her hearts fluttered at the offered vulnerability. She eagerly leaned into his touch, thrumming softly and butting her chin against the top of his snout. I am grateful you are both still here.

You are right. I just wish she did not blame herself. We will learn. We will be better next time. or they would strain themselves to the brink trying.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 4:04 pm
A tinge of orange swirled through his gaze--not at Anakumath, but that she could think such things about herself... Still, the Devil's voice was soft. My words alone may not convince you, but you are more than enough. Your training will come. For a creature that had been nothing but confident since the day he was shelled, it was incredibly difficult to put himself in Anakumath's position. It was hard to understand how she was feeling--how could she possibly think she wasn't enough?

He rumbled softly at her returned touch, tinges of purple swirling through his eyes. As am I. Their lives would have been cut far too short.

And I am certain she wishes the same for you. You are both young, still. As though he was so much older. You two will grow together. Have patience.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2020 4:29 pm
Anakumath shifted to tuck herself up against Elzebuth, finally betraying the idea she'd wanted to the entire time. Perhaps it would be cruel on her hearts to allow it when he'd leave her again in time and it would be nothing. But her body ached and she'd allow herself the creature comfort of the contact. As though she could simply take some of his confidence for herself to hold tightly onto.

I will do my best, she relented, knowing that despite any aches or sadness, he was being honest and for that, she'd be grateful for all of the comfort she was afforded.

She just would steal it now for just a touch longer.

Tsunake
Aaaand Wrap!

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces