Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Playing in the Dirt (Negoncath/Rubiginth/Riders)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:39 pm
Three months had gone by in a flash, and K'bet still felt wildly out of place around here. He knew that Western was far more accepting of older weyrlings—there were at least three people his age in this class alone—but that didn't quell his perceived ineptitude by any means. So many of them seemed to innately know what they were meant to do, and even though he had spent forever as a Candidate, life as a rider felt wildly different. It was enough to drive a man to drink.

Don't fret. Rubiginth pushed hard against K'bet's side, nearly knocking the lanky man off of his feet. The trio of green flits perched on the dragon's back jostled slightly, the palest flapping her wings for balance.

No matter how much he thought about it, there would be no drinking today. Not only would it be disastrous at this stage of his dragon's life, but... he kind of didn't want to anymore. Frustrated wasn't the word for how he felt. Confused, maybe? Itchy? Yeah, probably itchy.

We're doing far better than you think.

K'bet couldn't help his grin as the blue gave him a mental squeeze. At least Rubiginth was laying off the Weyrleader talk today.

If you say so. I didn't see anyone else trip over nothing and spill fake firestone underfoot. He dug his thumb into the bruise that had formed on his jaw, frowning at the resulting bloom of pain. I suppose there are worse things. Following another nudge from his dragon, K'bet inhaled deeply and forced the worry from his mind. It took a while.

So, we're supposed to be bonding today. Moreso than usual, I guess. What should we do?

I've been thinking that I should learn to draw so that I can better illustrate your stories!

Were you really thinking that?

No. The blue let out a brief, high-pitched hweee in lieu of a laugh. But now I am. So can we?

K'bet shrugged faintly. Sure. He glanced around, spotting a clear, dry patch of dirt nearby. Here.

A few minutes later they had settled in, K'bet tracing a line across the ground and Rubiginth following with a slightly wobblier one.

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:31 pm
Three months had already gone by in a flash. It had seemed like just yesterday they had stood for Killakeeth’s hatching, and such a sweet voice had called to them from the edge of the healers’ station. Now Negoncath was getting so big, her wings getting so strong, that soon enough their beloved sweet girl would be taking her first flight -- and their first flight together not long after that!

Bonding with fellow weyrlings had been a bit of a challenge, though not as bad as Nonami had thought -- back before finding Negoncath. Before their beloved dragon, the thought of being with a smaller, intimate class had been terrifying. But now? Nothing was quite so scary. The world was much less scary when there was a constant chatter of love and sweetness flowing through the bond. Nonami knew at least a few weyrlings from candidacy, and had grown to know a few more.

It’s because you are so strong, my dearest heart. So strong, so brave. You have come such a long way, and we make strides everyday. So have my siblings and Theirs! So wonderful, so brave.

Nonami smiled, putting a hand on Negoncath’s shoulder as they walked. With your support, they are.

Oh, I try my best. They do much on their own! Such wonderful siblings, and all their amazing riders. The past months have been absolutely amazing. Trilling, Negoncath kept an easy pace with her rider as they made headway down to the beach. It had been the intent, but a bright splash of glimmering blue caught Negoncath’s attention. Oh! Rubiginth! -- Come on, dearest heart! Let’s go say hi! With a warm chirrup, the green made her way over to where the pair seemed to be… drawing in the dirt?.. while Nonami caught up. Hello! Oh, Rubiginth, that looks utterly wonderful! Your talent is marvelous, as is yours, Rubiginth’s! What game is this?

As Negoncath settled in to peer at the lines in the dirt, Nonami gave a slight wave. “Hi K’bet, hi Rubiginth.”

Look, my heart! Isn’t this wonderful? What fun. The pure elation that radiated off the small green was pure, syruped honey oozing off every word.

Smerdle

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:03 pm
Negoncath! Rubiginth hopped to his feet and bounced to his sister's side, butting his cheek against her neck as K'bet's flits winged away. As soon as his boop was complete, however, he trotted the short distance back to his rider, pleased when the green settled in too. The dragon started a shaky circle as K'bet paused to greet his fellow weyrling.

"Nonami, hello. And hi to Negoncath too, of course." And to think, he had just been unhealthily dwelling on his age...

Stop that. You're not any older just because Nonami is young.

K'bet snorted, mostly to himself. "How are you finding all of our lessons and things? I quite like the history and geography, but tying knots and cutting meat are... well... I'd rather not." It was his own fault for leaving High Reaches and growing unaccustomed to being soaked to his elbows in herdbeast blood.

It's... I'm not sure what to call it, Rubiginth said. Just practicing. Would you like to draw too?

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:40 am
The delighted chirrup that bubbled out of Negoncath was second to the delighted hop she had done to meet Rubiginth's bouncing midway, a delighted whirlwind of blues and greens and the lightest tinge of purple as she followed him to back to their original point with her delightful brother's rider. She followed his gaze, watching intently that the secrets of defeating thread forever might be possibly divulged in the circle. Hello, Rubiginth's! Her voice as soft and honey-laced, glancing up at the much taller human before back to the circle.

'His name is K'bet.' Came the gentle reminder, ever patient and loving from the young weyrling.

'Oh yes, I know my most kindest, sweetest.' However, since the accident with Pallath on the hatching sands, she wouldn't want to come off as rude to another of her siblings.

"Lessons are.. hard, but I like them. I'm not the greatest with geography." Hands still fidgeted a touch nervously in the curtain of hair, but the sense of security that came flooding from Negoncath had helped them to feel more comfortable to talk easier among their peers. And wasn't that an odd concept, that their first time standing would be Nonami's last and only. "I like to bake, so it's easier to imagine that cutting meat is just like anything else I used to make that wasn't nice to touch." Wet dough was the worst. At least cutting meat didn't stick to their hands. "How.. how are you liking Western Weyr?" At least, they were sure that K'bet wasn't from Western Weyr. He looked like he was closer in age to some of their older siblings, like Ezyzu and Aranali.

Practicing? Negoncath asked, curious. Oh, she could do that. Yours looks so nice, I don't know if you need to practice! But I'll happily join you! With a croon, she glanced around, bouncing over to a spare patch of dirt before dragging her talons in the dirt in a very sketchy, wobbly circle of her own. I think I'm doing this right?

Smerdle

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas