Salam tapped on the table and checked the time yet again much to the annoyance of Saline. While neither of them weren’t actually there in their actual body per say they still had other s**t to do and he didn’t have time to waste on people making appointments then being late. ”Of course he’s ******** late.” Saline rubbed his tense shoulder, while they weren’t there fully their tech could feel everything. ”Calm down brother, he’s here, just…” ”Taking a first glance to measure us up. I know. We’re not ******** children anymore.” He had known the man was there, both of them had, Saline had with her senses and Salem with his own. The oddity with using robotic surrogate bodies was trying to find ways to transfer their abilities. Companies in this time line had their own, Salem and Saline made them better, though they weren’t on the market. Salem didn’t really make a name being a Warlord just with oneself. Saline only used them for meetings per Salem’s insistence. He didn’t want her being put in harms way needlessly in this timeline. They ended up taking a advanced version of the virtual reality gear and making it into the controller for their surrogates so rather than being bogged down to the remote body they still had full senses of their own.

Besides making sure their powers transferred over more so in the newer models they also added more sensory in theirs. The non-human feeling bugged Saline too much with trying to work her empathy ability. ”Sal I assume?” Salem rolled his eyes and looked up to the guy. The two that Saline were controlling also payed more attention to the man now as well. ”As if the tech didn’t give it away.” ”That’s easy to mimic.” ”Fine, You’ve been here for ten minutes already, hit on the bartender who you’ve known since she was a kid, nasty by the way. Ordered a scotch after noticing us. Gave us a quick glance then had your own tech guys in the booth in the far corner run a sweep over us to make sure we had what you came for, right Vince?” Salem held up a modern tech drive which would have what the man would have. ”Also tell them to stop trying to crack the encryption on it. While it is wireless, until I get payment from you, this little data, will be locked.” Vince was a arms dealer and he knew that dealing with Salem’s Warlord persona was a hefty price to jump into. The rumors and lack of his own security were making Vince considering. ”I have people, you just don’t see them, ever. That’s the point of security. You lack the creativity to hide yours or they lack the training. Two on the upper club floor, one by the main entrance, one by the back, and one at the bar that came in behind you though trying to not look attached.”

”You missed the bartender, while she’s not really working for him she’s feeling quite hesitant to…” Saline closed her eyes and Salem smirked as Vince gritted his teeth. ”She’s just been uncomfortable ever since you asked her to do something and slide her extra payment. Likely told her to hit the silent alarm to call the feds if s**t hits the fan. Though we bypassed that right?” ”Sure did. Now do you have what I want?” Vince stared at his glass and pondered a few things before realizing Salem was easily reading his thoughts and Salem simply grinned more. Vince chugged the rest of his scotch and held out the key to a locker. ”Thank you…and…” ”Sector 7 near Alpha Research, for your other request.” Saline glanced down at Salem puzzled for a minute but she didn’t have to guess twice about what that was for. ”We’ll be going now.” He got up and Saline and the other followed him around the table, Salem turned and put the data drive in Vince’s open hand. ”It’s keyed to your fingerprint and yours only, don’t worry about how we got that.” He smirked at Vince’s glare then walked off giving the bartender a thumbs up who Saline said had been very edgy since they walked in. Apparently he was slightly known, which was why they disabled the alarm, and told her so. ”Remind me why I had to be here?” ”Because while my senses work well… you can pick up the other little bits like…” ”It’s a trap…” ”Which is why all I care about is the second information he gave us. Time to go find Gramps.” ”I take it you’re headed there already?” ”Yes, but looks like someone else will intercept him first…ugh.”