Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:17 pm
It was a fine day to get some sun in, as far as the old gold could get about to enjoy it. "You didn't have to move from your wallow to enjoy more sun," Sophrania informed her as she followed alongside the ambling gold, who had decided being closer to the surf was preferable. In answer, Steriath wheezed out something like a laugh. And why should I not enjoy the sun from anywhere I would like to be? A solid argument, perhaps, but walking long distances didn't agree with either of their joints. Which is why we will enjoy the water, hmm?

If it wouldn't have hurt to do so, Sophrania would have lovingly slapped her old dear.

However, it seemed another gold in another wallow had gathered up Steriath's attention before they'd gotten as close as they'd intended. Young Khaimath, Steriath greeted warmly, Would you like to join us?

Prism Shine
I'm sorry it's a bad start but them!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:10 pm
The afternoon sun had felt wonderful against Khamaith's hide, against her back. The scars on her back, still a shade of tender green while the hide healed, benefited from the open air. She'd dug herself a nice wallow, curling loosely as her beloved rider sat on the stairs to her cabin not far away, and had been in the gentle grey area of asleep and awake -- not quite devoted to either.

Since she'd been downed, sleep hadn't quite had the allure it once had.

So much had been running on her mind since the hatching of Killakeeth's clutch, what she had seen. She'd tried to talk things over with Ezyzu, but it didn't translate the same. Her beloved, for as much as she understood and listened, couldn't entirely relate.

But a voice calling her pulled her from her mulling, making her pull up to peek around, and her troubled eyes whirled a touch brighter. Steriath, hello! Trying to shake the troubled thoughts away, Khamaith slowly stood as to not pull the lattice of healing scars. I would love to. Would it be alright if Mine joined as well?

demon_pachabel
It's all good. <3 Thanks for starting!

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:53 am
Of course she may. Mine is always happy for the company, Steriath offered, in spite of anything Sophrania may have thought to the otherwise. Not that Sophie had much to protest about - the company of the Weyr's young blood was always loved and appreciated by the old woman.

"Ezyzu, darling," Sophrania called out to the young woman, offering out a hand to her, "would you care to spend some time with these old bones?"

Nosing gently at the wounds on Khaimath's back, careful to not actually touch anything sensitive, Steriath couldn't help but 'tut' a bit. Oh darling, I am so sorry. If only it was a fight that older blood could have in your stead to keep you safe, she lamented.

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:49 pm
Khamaith’s little pleased note caught Ezyzu’s attention. Her rider had been staring out into the ocean, lost in a sea of thoughts of her own, but couldn’t help the soft smile at her beloved, and a brighter one for the newly-arrived company. “Of course, Sophrania.” Taking the other rider’s hand, she gently eased herself up into standing, using her sand cane as leverage. “These young bones could use a stroll.”

The softest touches on her back had Khamaith chirping softly, turning to gently press her forehead against Steriath’s neck. It is a fight I’m glad to rise for, for any way I can help my Family. For she loved Western, with both of her hearts. Why should she not be proud to have risen and fought with them? Though, there’s still the mild tinges of embarrassment from being downed trying to catch Eirinth, the strained relationship she still hadn’t addressed with her mother.. Nor the innumerable scars that now laced her chest, sides, and back. She was not the most flashy of golds, but perhaps some tiny part of her had ached for the blow to her appearance.

Better scarred than dead, though.

I got to keep others safe, and that’s what matters to me. Her voice soft, for her thoughts had left her with less pep than she usually had -- not that there was much to begin with in the sleepy queen. I’m healing up well, so hopefully we’ll be back to fit soon. Her rider’s leg had been another story, though..

demon_pachabel

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:24 am
"It is a good warm day for stretching legs," Sophrania noted, taking in Ezyzu's condition - still on the mend, but too much sitting and thinking would leave all that healing a little stiff from her experience. Squeezing the young woman's hand, she continued on her way with barely a pause to look at Steriath adoringly. Truly, the love of her life.

Pulling her attention from such scoring to lean her cheek against Khamaith's neck, Steriath offered a soft croon of her own along with an endless flood of affection for the young queen. So young and already so much responsibility to have. She'd never had to train to catch a falling dragon. She'd never learned to fly while Hers flamed. She did not envy that - she'd done her part in birthing many dragons she would now never see again and many more who were still fighting the good fight. She had laid a groundwork to prepare them all.

You are such a brave young thing. We are lucky that you and your beautiful hearts are here, dear, Steriath was all praise, pulling away only to follow after their riders. Now come, tell me of all your worries - being on the ground tends to leave us with plenty of them.

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:42 pm
“Very true. Sun just felt warm on my legs.” A stroll and some good company did sound wonderful though. With her mother laid up, siblings busy, and X’ael having his hands full with a baby dragon, she’d found herself quite.. lonely. Glancing back at Khamaith, she beamed at her beloved before giving Sophrania’s hand a gentle squeeze in return before strolling onward.

The young queen’s eyes closed briefly, unable to help but lean into the waves of affection near greedily. She sought praise so eagerly, wanting to do what was best so that she might get a wave of affection, a praising word. Even the smallest points of contact felt so grounding for Khamaith, whose worries kept her from her precious sleep, worries kept tight under wraps and made her feel like she might fly away without the use of her wings. She was happy to fight against thread, to fly and protect those so important to her. Catching dragons on her back to safely bring home to be seen to. They played a dangerous game, the biggest game as her beloved referred it to. She and Hers did their part, while dragons above them ached and hurt and sometimes.. never returned. Would she change anything to be up there, fighting with other dragons? No, because she was where she needed to be. Cradling dragons on her back, making sure they were safe in the multitude of healer’s waiting hands. She had witnessed other queens enforcing that dragons stay calm to be seen to, to remain while their riders were worked on.

Drawing away as Steriath had, she follows after her and their riders. Her wounds had healed enough that her gait didn’t pull awkwardly, thankfully. Her worries? Oh, she had plenty of them. Where did she even begin..? Tucking her wings a bit closer to her sides, the young queen heaved a soft sigh. Killakeeth’s hatching has been heavy on my mind. It was the first I’d been able to see. The darling hatchlings stole my hearts, but.. She trails off for a moment, glancing up to watch a few firelizards spin and play on the wind above them all. Teth’s behavior has given me such food for thought. Someday that will be me, and my beloved cannot catch me. There’s a slow curl of violet in her otherwise yellow and grey eyes. Just the brief mention of her dearest Baihath was enough to perk her up. I do not place any blame on him for this, but. I cannot help wondering how I will pick a suitable sire once the time comes. I don’t like to bring anyone down, especially one who is my friend -- but Teth’s behavior.. left a lot to be desired for me.

demon_pachabel

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:13 pm
Ah, had that been the first hatching Young Khamaith had been able to see where she was not focused on the ever important bond every dragon sought out? They were always much different when one wasn't scrambling desperately to find the very being they would live and breathe for. Even if it didn't feel either desperate or like a scramble, it was both of those things. At least Steriath thought so.

Some males can fly spectacularly and not be suited for parenthood, just as one can make a spectacular father and be unable to become one, she'd heard stories that one of the golds who had clutched in the fall of the previous turn over in High Reaches had a blue mate. Steriath would admit it quaint in notion, just as she had her thoughts about any other gold who settled down with any color. Even a gold could not guarantee a brown or a bronze mate - devoted of their hearts - could always be the one who caught them. Have you started looking through the fine young men that Western has that are not your beloved? To see what traits they show when you are not aglow and aflutter with a need to have anybody catch you? Sophrania could have almost laughed. Are you going to show her the buffet? Picking does not have to start in the air. Why not find what traits you admire and start thinking about it?

Sophrania squeezed Ezyzu's hand. "Steriath has half a mind to start matchmaking Khamaith with some of the fine boys she's been eyeballing with the others if we're not careful," she mused with a soft laugh. It was harmless - for now.

Prism Shine

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff