Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:51 pm
“Hang on just a minute now, young lady,” the red-haired girl gently scolded her green. “Let me finish scrubbing this spot before you throw yourself into the water.” Suryanth bobbed her head, but obliged. The dragon stopped her squirming, and instead, settled down in the shallows so Hers could finish scrubbing her down.

Ryara picked up another scoop of sand and applied it liberally to her dragon’s chest and forearm. Though Threadfall had been two days ago, even with just as many baths, the green dragon took a few scrubbings to get all the ash and dirt off her pale hide. Perhaps she’d need to invest in a fire-lizard--the little creatures were awfully good at helping preen a dragon’s hide. Regardless, whether she had to give her beloved one bath or a hundred, it was forever a labor of love. It was work, but it wasn’t a chore, and she knew Suryanth enjoyed it. So the girl admired her dragon’s spring-green hide, tracing fingers over a few scars--reminders of the battles they had lost, and the battles yet to come. They had been lucky this last Fall and had escaped without injury, but that didn’t mean they would always be so. Just look at her sister, Ky’ra, and her queen. Ryara frowned at the thought, taking a moment to lean her head tenderly against the young green’s shoulder. A wave of reassurance, fondness, and love pressed against her. They don’t hurt, Mine, and only prove we’re capable fighters. The young green’s eyes whirled a bright blue-green, even as she leaned down to push a few waves at some invisible playmate.

Ryara wasn’t entirely convinced. The injuries proved they had made mistakes, or that the Fall had been difficult. Any number of those wounds could have turned fatal or wrought catastrophe. Still. There were a few days left to relax and prepare for the next Fall. Time enough to almost forget what was to come. She’d need to check in on some of her wingmates and family that had been scored; need to check on some of the littles whose parents had been injured. There was so much yet to do and--

Suryanth gave the mental equivalent of clearing her throat. You need to stop thinking, mine. Enjoy the day. Is my hide clean enough so I can swim? So we can swim? The green gave a petulant creel, even as she craned her neck to lovingly nudge Hers.

“Oh! Yes, I suppose it’s as good as we’re going to get,” she stated, giving her green’s shoulder a critical look. “You go soak first, and I’ll join you in a minute.” She was hot and sweaty--scrubbing a dragon was a lot of work and she needed a break. Maybe a swim would do her some good--the water was cool enough to be refreshing without being too cold to enjoy it. With winter approaching, that wouldn’t last for long.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:35 pm
B'nar's jaws creaked widely even as he stumbled down to the beach, pawing at his face with a meaty hand as he tried to bring himself into some semblance of awake. Loaeth had an orange eye pinned upon his rider, his neck twisted around to better face him even as he continued to prowl onto the beach. "You could carry me, y'know," The man yawned widely again only to grin when he'd finished.

No. Came the terse reply. Loaeth had been in a mood ever since Sobeth had been injured, and while B'nar could understand... well, her injuries weren't life-threatening, and she'd be alright.

Chuckling to himself, the big man practically swaggered onward--only to pause when he spotted the young woman and her green already enjoying the ocean waves. Just finished scrubbing, from the looks of it. The bony blue was less amused, growling mentally to himself before he slunk into the waters a respectful distance away.

"Ryara!" He boomed, grinning broadly at the young woman as he hailed her in a wave. "And the beautiful Suryanth, of course! Why, if I got to see you both first thing every morning, I might enjoy them more!" He didn't hesitate to come closer, pleased as punch to have some company. "Your radiance astounds me as always, woman. How does anyone focus on anything else when you're about, eh? But don't let us bother you! I know the beach is vast and wide... but with your permission, I'd rather admire the scenery here." He winked before glancing back at his soaking dragon.

Suryanth. The blue offered, the words curt... but his overall irritation wasn't directed at her. Faranth forbid they could have some quiet without B'nar making a fool of himself.

Uta
/finger guns feel free to hit him

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:22 pm
Tsunake

The young woman had returned to the towel she'd laid out on the sand, and had been preparing to strip down to her swimwear when B'nar called out to her. Glancing up, the young woman recognized him immediately, his reputation preceding him. Though her eyes widened ever so slightly at his good-humor and teasing, she had heard he was mostly harmless. That still didn't keep her from looking owlishly up at him, or for a faint flush to color her cheeks. Oh dear. Even if he wasn't serious, Ryara wasn't entirely accustomed to such flattery--teasing or not.

Still, the young woman did her best to offer him a shy but friendly smile, and a small wave back. Maybe she'd not get undressed right away. Suryanth could wait a moment, at least until she'd greeted the blue rider. "Well met, B'nar," she spoke warmly, trying to remember her manners, and not get overly flutered by the rider. While she was accustomed to the easy-going and light-hearted banter of the Weyr, it was different when it was directed at her. Ryara, though, was't going to be rude and instead, wanted to ensure he felt welcome.

"Oh! Oh th-thank you but you're far too generous and kind with such praise," she admitted, quickly trying to wave off of his words. "You needn't my permission to enjoy this strip of beach. Suryanth would enjoy the company, and it is a rather lovely view of the water, isn't it?" She agreed, not realizing what view he had been implying. "How is Loaeth faring? And yourself?"

Suryanth, for her part, allowed her head to pop back up from the water. She turned to peek at the older blue, allowing her eyes to whirl a bright green in welcome and pleasure. The young green always enjoyed company, and if her rider was going to linger at the shore, she'd at least have someone else to swim with. Paddling over to where Loaeth had decided to soak, the young green wasn't at all shy.

Loaeth! How nice to see you here. The water is nice and warm, and I'd been hoping someone else would make it to this part of the beach. You don't mind a little company, do you? She asked, paddling in circles around the quieter blue. The young green was only a couple Turns old, and still found great pleasure in the small things. Still, she knew not to crowd the other, even if she desperately wanted a little bit more fun. He didn't quite look like the splashing sort, but...well...she'd wait and see. Oblivious to his concern or frustration, the young green continued to circle. If he wanted space, she'd grant it, but oh, she hoped not!

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games