Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Distant Weyrs, Gracious Hearts (Kleoth + Anakumath) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:29 am
((This RP is being conducted over long distance between Western and High Reaches, but has been placed here for convenience!))

Freshly oiled and with a full belly, Kleoth tucked herself by Phryana's side as her rider focused intently on the lessons being taught. For the time being, it was nothing that involved the young queen. Indeed, a nap was not unexpected after feeding while they were still so small, and the thought of snoozing underneath the warm sun seemed tantalizing indeed. Another thought had occurred to her instead, and, giving herself a shake to brush off her drowsy feelings, Kleoth quested out with her mind.

Never before has she attempted to speak to someone across such distance, and her thoughts drifted towards many other dragons by accident. Some were amused, others annoyed. Some said nothing at all, while others offered advice. Undeterred, Kleoth continued searching and querying, each failure making her all the more determined to finally succeed.

Anakumath? She continued to ask, trying to seek the gold that had been so kind to her Phryana.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:00 am
From that first night in the barracks, Anakumath had become accustomed to unknown and far off voices entering her mind - though her unknown blue friend from such distances away had found it only polite to wait until later in the evening, when she had no other duties to tend to, to reach out to her. So in its way, the little - and very not blue - voice that seeped in like it was shouted between two candidates across the Weyrbowl was still rather strange.

She'd been taking advantage of her beloved being in the middle of a clerical task to sun herself out on her ledge, knowing that soon they would both be ready to go check in on those who were still in the Healer's Station after the most recent Fall and to offer what comfort could be given. It was perhaps best she'd not been preoccupied.

I am Anakumath. Hello, little one, she greeted with a warmth that was given unanimously to all. Stranger or no, her kindness did not have to be earned, after all. You sound so very far away!

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:48 am
Success! Kleoth's eyes whirled a little faster, the only outward sign of her joy. Yes, the warm response perfectly matched what she'd been able to glean from her rider Hello! I'm so glad to have finally found you. I am Kleoth, and I am far away.... or, I am fairly certain I am. I am at Western Weyr. She believed she remembered some of the geography lessons the riders were learning, but all she really knew was that High Reaches was a colder place with many mountains.

I wanted to thank you for showing such kindness to my Phryana. She explained, allowing her affection to pulse through. You gave her hope when she had none, and through that hope, the courage to come here so I could find her. You have my gratitude. Though Anakumath was not part of her Weyr, Kleoth couldn't help but feel a sort of kinship with the older queen. She aided Phryana without hesitation, and Kleoth would never forget that.

It was, however, a pity that Anakumath wasn't here. Kleoth very much would have liked to meet her face-to-face!

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:36 pm
Oh!

What are you up to out there? Martirae suddenly pried, feeling the jolt of excitement from Anakumath. The gold quickly assured her rider that all was well before turning her focus entirely back on the far-away voice.

You are only a hop away, but... Anakumath spread out Martirae's love for maps across the long tether, a detailed drawing made out of studious thoughts, but perhaps not as accurate as a real map would have been. It still would suffice to show Kleoth, with just a thought, about how far away they were from each other. The lessons of Weyrlings would have sufficed as well, perhaps, but after recent events....

Well, Martirae had returned studiously to her maps and spent quite some time quizzing herself over again with the older dragons.

Soaking up Kleoth's affection, Anakumath still....I hardly did anything grand. She was already a strong and brave woman before I came along, she deflected, wrapping herself in her innate humility. I am happy she made her way there in time for you, my dear. She too had been blessed with the fortune of Hers having been there against what odds should have been.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:03 pm
The sudden picture that bloomed in her mind was enough to give the queen a small start of realization. Oh, yes! I see now! How clever! She could see it, and it helped put things into perspective. A hop away indeed--and, she concluded, perhaps they would be able to visit High Reaches one day.

Anakumath's humbleness immediately roused something protective in Kleoth, and she responded in turn. Oh, I have no doubt she was, but your impact was significant. She resisted the urge to hum to herself, sharing bits of Phryana's sensations of awe and wonder with the older queen. Thank you. Kleoth's happiness swelled once more. Though she hadn't been able to meet Phryana when she was still in her egg, there was no doubt that she was Hers.

Forgive me if it is bold of me to say, but I would very much like to get to know you better, Anakumath. You are a dragon to be admired.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:10 am
To be honest, there was nothing 'only' about a jump to visit, but Anakumath had been trying to reinforce her heart with the new heartache. She had much sadness ahead of her and while each would make her weep, she needed to be able to keep going while holding it. She'd keep such thoughts to herself, however. Kleoth was so young, after all. She'd know soon.

Oh, if she'd been closer she would have booped the young Kleoth with her snout. I am grateful to have been of help in some way, she relented. Even if it had been so small of a thing and had really not needed a personal thank you. At least she knew her small friend was in good care - both of them.

Anakumath couldn't help but be a little bashful, and even flustered, at Kleoth's sentiment. There is nothing I do that any other Gold would not. There are truly better dragons to admire.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:50 pm
There was a wisp of... something that Kleoth couldn't quite place, a trace emotion that had the young queen stirring. Had she said something? Was Anakumath alright? Before she could pry, the older queen continued the conversation, and after a moment, Kleoth allowed herself to be drawn back into it. Perhaps not, but that does not lessen the depth of my thanks. Oh, but to hear that... No, no, no. Kleoth wouldn't have any of it!

'Better' is a matter of opinion. You helped my rider before she was mine, simply because you didn't want her time to be wasted. You were the first dragon to ever speak to her, and you cared about her well-being, despite not even knowing her! She paused for a moment, composing herself as Phryana glanced down curiously upon feeling her sudden swell of passion. She gently nudged the young woman's thigh, letting her know all was well before she spoke again.

No, Anakumath. You are the kind of dragon I inspire to be. I wish for everyone in my Weyr to feel safe and valued. And that was the simple truth.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:49 am
She shifted nervously on her ledge, drawing another wave of support from Martirae - who while understanding her lifemate's anxious humility also pressed her to not try to down-talk other's compliments and well thoughts of her. It was a careful line she had to trot.

It had not been meant to be special, but clearly saying so would be trodding over the passionate feelings young Kleoth had about it. So she held onto Martirae's support to try and not feel guilty for receiving such high praise, rather than deflecting it away again. I can only hope that such action will become more commonplace, she relented. If nothing, she could use what attention she was given, whether she wanted it or not, to be a good example.

Kleoth's passion was answered with a mental nudge of affection, Anakumath basking in that positive way of thinking. I am certain you will leave none of them feeling unloved. If you find the time, see if you have a chance to see those who were injured in Threadfall a few days after the initial injury. Most will visit in the first few days and some will begin to feel forgotten after that. Bringing them love and support will raise their spirits.

A few days meant the sharpest edge on minds would be dulled for a young dragon to be able to handle as well.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:48 pm
As do I. If anything, it had fueled her to make certain that she reached out to the Candidates here, if only to say hello and make it known that someone cared for them! Ah, but Kleoth all but glowed with pride at the nudge of affection she received. Though she'd only just met Ana, she valued her opinion.

Kleoth shifted in place for a moment, struck by the offered idea. Oh! Yes, of course! How insightful: I'll ask to see when would be an appropriate time. The brave warriors of the Weyr, selflessly risking themselves for all... One day, she and Phryana would join them, but not for a long Turn. But, that reminded her!

Oh, but Anakumath... you will be fighting Thread soon enough, correct? A wave of worry washed through her, almost swamped by a tidal wave of love and support. You'll be magnificent, I'm sure. I know such things might be out of your talons, but... please, be as safe as you can. Phryana and I will be thinking of you.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:18 pm
She soaked up both the worry and the love and support, using the latter to wrap up the former nice and safe. Love did not dilute fear, after all. I will do all within my power, Kleoth. Do not worry for me. Anakumath assured. Of all things, she did not worry for her own hide when Threadfall came for her and her clutchsiblings. She had built herself up with bond-given steel to prepare to be steady and strong to hold up the others and offer them strength where theirs would falter.

She would give and give to keep them safe and going.

My greatest wish will be that I will not need to catch anybody, though she'd take it in a heartbeat over losing them. I will hope the same is true for you and yours.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:47 pm
Kleoth mentally leaned into those positive feelings, huffing out a quiet sigh to herself. I trust you. But I will still worry. She admitted. From what little she knew, one could prepare as much as they could for Threadfall--and then things could change drastically when one was up in the air.

She solemnly thought about that before replying. Yes. I will hope for that as well. It still rankled her to know she could not be in the thick of things. That she could not flame like her siblings, that she was unable to directly destroy the enemy.... It was something she would have to learn to deal with, but she still loathed it with all her being.

Do you ever wish you could fight? The wistful question came after a moment. To flame, like the others can.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:05 pm
I have not.

There was a startling lack of consideration in the answer. Anakumath hadn't even taken a moment to mull it over to wonder if she'd ever wondered about it. Any anxiety she'd had over the color of her hide, something she looked over with consideration now, had never been rooted in a need to fight.

I have wished time and time again I could protect all of my loves better, and that was all of High Reaches and the dragons with in it, unconditionally, but never have I wished I could change what I am to do so. I have to trust those who can flame, just as they in turn will have to trust me should they ever fall.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:12 pm
Oh! She was taken aback by the simplicity of the answer, and Kleoth turned it over in her mind. I see. She sounded thoughtful. Indeed, what good was it to sit and hope to be something she was not? But oh, to rise up and flame with her brothers and sisters! To sear Thread from the sky so that it could never touch her loved ones ever again! And yet.

I would not give up my ability to catch them. She concluded. Instead, I will be able to admire their hard work and their bravery, and hope that they do not need me. But if they should, I, too, pray that they know I will always be there to catch them.

Even if it was nice to dream of being able to do both.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:34 pm
Boop. If Anakumath had been able to physically nudge Kleoth, she would have. Instead, she had to accept that a mental was as close of an equivalent as could be offered over the distance.

Make sure to ooh and ahh a lot and let them know how impressed you are, Anakumath suggested. While she had no flaming-envy of her own, she'd been sure to compliment and bolster all of her clutchsiblings in all of their own successes and growths. She liked to think it helped build their confidence and remind them they were seen and loved for what they did.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:28 pm
A tiny croon welled in her throat at the feeling, and if she could have, she would have pressed her head against the other with gratitude.

I can do plenty of that! She laughed, knowing her siblings would amaze her with their feats of prowess just as they already did every day. Oh, Anakumath, I wish we were close enough to visit without needing to wait until I'm of age. Secretly, she would have preferred the older queen to live at Western, but would never insult her home Weyr by voicing such a thing. They each had their own people to take care of, and Kleoth knew that was how it should be.

demon_pachabel

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces