Xiblaba - Wisteria - Kinsin
1107 words

Velka and Art had told him to go on without them, the storm cut the pair off, so for now the orange male would travle alone, heading toward the location they all agreed to meet their mother at. It had been some time, but he knew the second he saw his mother he would feel at home again. Unlike his other siblings, Kinsin didn't resent her.

---

One large clawed paw after the other brought the dark winged goddess back to her origins, back to the place that she once belonged. Uneasiness settled in the pit of her belly as she stood tall and stoic against the dark night, her heavy head straining to sit idle. Nights like this felt incredibly lonely, and for the first time in years the goddess found herself lamenting over her own past. Her daughter and son were supposed to meet here at the rendezvous but it would seem she had come a little too early, or perhaps they were a little too late? Whatever the case was Xibalba felt extremely isolated from her family lately, both close and far.

Wisteria had come with the goddess to keep her company, the edge of the pride could be dangerous after all, it seemed only right she accompany her on a night like this. Over the past few weeks the darker female had grown close to this mysterious creature, finding some comfort in her motherly affections.

If they decided not to show tonight this trip would be all for not, deep down she knew that that was a very real possibility. Still... the goddess would wait just a little bit longer, in hopes of seeing Kinsin for the first time in years.

"He will show, goddess." Wis tried her best to remedy Xibalba's worries. As she spoke she moved closer to the winged beast, nodding slowly. "I am sure of it."

"I hope so--" Her twins were her last born, and they did not share the same father as the rest of her progeny. They were born during a time where Xibalba was completely alone in the world, and sought comfort in the care of another. Though her relationship with her youngest daughter was extremely estranged the bond she felt with her son Kinsin was true and strong. She could rely on him for anything, and could often times go out of her way to seek his council.

So when he wasn't here at the time that they both agreed on her mind raced a bit with wonder and worry, what if something had happened to him, what if his older brother and sister had not kept a good eye on him and Kinsn had gotten lost - or worse, what if he was gone? She wouldn't be able to live with herself knowing something that happened to him, not like this. She glanced around the night searching for signs of her son, anything at all to help ease her worried mind.

However, before she could work yourself up too much the familiar shade of orange came into view and with that a voice that belonged to her. "Mother-" the voice called out as Kinsin drew near, standing tall in front of her, his bright coat dancing against the darkness.

"I thought you lost--" the goddess spoke out in a weary voice, her wings drawn down to her side as she closed all of her eyes in unison. "I am glad to see you are well and whole."

Wisteria stood back, allowing the pair to get close. For a long second she just eyed the orange male, smirking to herself. He looked a lot like his mother, despite his pelt color. Her creamy paws brought her a bit closer to the pair as she made her prescience known.

A soft mutter escaped her muzzle as the larger female moved to nuzzle her son, smiling faintly as she pulled away long enough to face him. "Where is your brother? Velka?"

Kinsin gave the unfamiliar lioness who was now standing beside his mother a nod, speaking. "My name is Kinsin - I take it you are with my mother?" at this mother's next question the lion smirked, speaking in a rather bitter tone. "We split up just before the storm. I lost them, but I am sure they are well. Velka would never let anything happen to our family."

As the mother and son spoke Wisteria found herself feeling a bit envious, she had always longed to know her own mother after all. Perhaps someday she would be able to be in situations like this without turning green. "I am, call me Wisteria." she glanced over at the goddess, waiting to hear her speak.

"I see." the goddess nodded, tilting her head to the side. "I am glad you are here, my son. This is my friend from the land of the storm, she has been good to me."

When the goddess spoke her of friendship the brown smile smiled faintly. "It's good to meet you, your mother speaks highly of you."

"I would hope so." the orange male chuckled as his eyes looked the brown female up and down. At heart he was a bit of a flirt, but he knew better than to made advances on his mother's friends. "Velka and Art will be here soon, once the storm passes I'm sure."

Xibalba found some comfort in her son's words, still, she would keep her eldest cubs in her thoughts. "Wilix will be happy to see you again." the goddess muttered as she smirked, glancing over at Wisteria as well. "She is spoken for, child."

Wisteria felt a bit out of place as the two familiar lions spoke, something about their close connection made her very uneasy. Perhaps it was her jealous shining through. Before her mind could wander further out she gave Xiblaba a rude look, speaking with a sort of half-smile, half-frown. "Excuse me?"

"It's nothing!" the male smiled at her before he turned his gaze to his mother. "Stop being a pest. It doesn't hurt to look." it was a whisper, just something loud enough for his mother to hear. "Enough chit chat. Would you both join for me supper? I've caught myself a fat hare, and I'd be more than happy to share it with you."

At her son's offer the goddess nodded, finding a place beside him. "Come, Wistera, we can rest for now. Tomorrow we will start back on our hunt."

"Sounds good." the brown female nodded in agreement before joining the pair. At least she was in good company. Would Kinsin be joining the Stormborn ranks? Only time would tell.