Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
World War Arc Team Mission 7 - Revelations Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:57 pm
Reno was still reeling from the mental whammy that had kicked off when S-22 had finally decided to.....be. He had felt everything the great behemoth had when he suddenly came into sentience, the rush of emotion, thoughts, and feelings that almost seemed overwhelming. He inadvertently remained connected to the fleeing hybrid far longer than he had intended, leaving a small message of hope and friendship to whoever this person would be after this event. And soon, he was back in his own mind. Except.....why could he sense all of Snagem again? Why could he sense the people he knew very distinctly had been vaporized by an apocalyptic beam of hatred and death unleashed by a madman for whom genocide was a fun side activity? But.....he could feel Leslie and Beau again. And....everyone. Including one that he had a strange sort of....familiarity with? But...why?

As he continued to reel mentally with all these questions and possibilities, Aria would begin to wind down her performance. She.....she had felt it. Felt her music, as it invigorated everyone with her energy and brought them back into fighting shape to make sure everything went off as planned. And she watched as Leslie and Beau both stumbled out of the Fairy Ring, eyes lighting up as she saw the pair and the other Snagems she had seen be vaporized return, as if by magic. But reunions would have to wait, as Reno slowly came back into reality and everyone else found the door through to Ein's inner sanctum.

A sanctum that.....was simply destructive to any notion that remained of Ein being a true threat. "You.......this can't be it. This is so....This can't be all!" Leslie shouted, spinning as her eyes darted between the rancid squalor, the old man who seemed to be Ein, the computers, the files, just everything in the room. Trying to find something, anything to have this all make sense.

"So.....that's all? Way to make this fireworks show really fizzle at the end." Beau quipped, gingerly following along despite the burns that were still speckled across his body.

Aria would stare at Ein for a moment before simply pivoting on her heel and keeping her back to the hate-fueled monstrosity that sat decrepit and specter-like in his geriatric state. "Of course. It would require a man so past his prime that he's doubled in age since then to create such ruination. All because you want to chase some hallucination of what your life was, since dealing with how things are requires adapting." Aria scoffed cooly, not deigning to turn around and look at the man that she was criticizing. She wouldn't grant him the satisfaction of appearing important enough to spit any observation with any level of venom. So instead, there she was, coldly speaking to the room more than anyone else.

Reno would look at the myriad reactions, taking in the mixtures of mild resignation, pity, disbelief, and everything else. And he would begin to step forward, taking in all the details of the room as he began to speak. "What a perfect symbol for exactly what Cipher was. A cesspool that attempts to predict and outplan through only archaic and cold logic, only to discover exactly how limited that way of looking at the world is and end up in absolute nose-destroying squalor through efforts to make the world fit and cooperate with your limited view of it. Yeah....if I had any anger left for you, I'd be relishing that symbolic nature." Walking straight up in front of Ein, Reno would cross his arms and stare down at the old man. "But anger at an old man with no wits, no victory, and no proof that he did anything of worth? That's just futile. All I feel for you is pity. So then, how about we take you to a place filled with hate-filled, petty tyrants so that you feel at home? I'm sure the retirement home would just love to have you. And then we can actually get to work on something worthwhile, like throwing eggs at a wall."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:24 am
A mix of confusion and relief washed over her as she noticed how they weren't all gone. Though she only allowed herself to be midly distracted by the others' appearances before forcing her attention back to the door. Seeing the door open up felt like a cool experience, like this was about to get really serious. As Veronica's body started to pump adrenaline again, she realized how exhausted she was. Her legs were shaking and she had nips turned scar from the sandstorm all over that would disappear with time. Then there was the smell, it repulsed her back for a moment before she focused on seeing what was around the room. When Veronica saw Ein, she immediately reacted towards it only to realize it was a video and her shoulders relaxed again. She was internally thankful not to be the only one who reacted in such a war. Going forward, Veronica felt intensely about cleaning up - whether that was burn everything or taking the time to clear the digusting smell.

Eventually they came up to the real Ein. Veronica tilted her head and decided to kept roaming around, bravely getting closer to Ein and circling around in order make sure there were no booby traps or anything else. Of course, there was nothing more she would love than to end it all, to kill Ein, but... she didn't feel it was her place to do so. So she would only check that there were no other tricks left. Veronica honestly then questioned why he didn't just kill himself if he knew he was going to be in that position - but since Ein hadn't, then, Veronica could only think of how cruel his death could be.  

DignityPower

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:07 am
”Papa...I don’t want you to die again.” Ulla said in almost a whimper as she tried her best to fight back tears while healing Keiko. Leon watched as this unfolded as he knelt down and started ruffling your hair. ”Ulla, I know how you feel. Really. When we lost mom and dad, I wished I could’ve gone with them at that time too. Maybe I could’ve made a difference. In all honesty, I would much rather you come with us so I at least know you are with me.” ”Then-” ”But Ein could find that a weakness. What happens if he sees you, sees that you are the weakest right now after fighting S-22. And uses you as bait?” Ulla looked at her parental figures and then to Leon. As she knew deep down; they were right. ”Stay here please. Once we know that it is clear. We will come right back. I know how much you want to take out Ein after what you went through. But, let me do it for you. Okay?” Ulla hesitated as she looked at Ter and Leon. ”Please...come back safe.” Leon merely nodded as he started following the group to confront the man they called Ein. While Leon was walking away, Ulla looked at Ter one last time but with worry in her heart. ”Please watch over Leon...I don’t know what he will do once he faces Ein….”

After so long, after many years. Leon was finally going to be able to seek peace for his parents death. But, what he was expecting was not what he could ever imagine. As they went down in Ein’s little hideout, he was expecting more of an underground cave. Not a little room filled with garbage and piss bottles. ”You gotta be kidding me…” He said as he was looking around. He noticed some files on one table as he saw some information on each individual Snagem. He even found his own and Ulla’s. Leon bit his lower lip, he thought he was very careful. Hiding Ulla’s existence from the world. Then again, with recent events. Her existence was going to pop up sooner or later. He then heard an unfamiliar voice as he went over to where all the commotion as he was met with a man that looked like Ein. Sub then confirmed as he watched his reaction. ”...You gotta be kidding me…” He said as he pulled out his black kunai. His eyes were sharp as knives, glaring at the man. ”This is the man that killed my parents?! This bum who made my sister cry every night growing up wishing her parents would come back to her?!” Leon said in a fit of rage. He wanted to a fight. An actual one on one with the piece of trash. But, the way he was already. He looked pretty much done for. ”No way this is just the end.”  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:50 am
I gave Ulla a headpat as thanks for understanding before following Leon into the den of the enemy. What met us there was unbelievable, but it made it abundantly clear that a great deal of Ein's dealings with us were naught but a ruse. Upon seeing the man himself, I took a picture with my SNAG. I wanted to show Keiko how far the man she hated had fallen without putting her in any potential danger, though judging by what was around me, danger didn't seem to be the issue.

"Well, let's get this over with, then," I said nonchalantly, preparing a single Psion Edge. Yes, Ein's situation was pitiable, but judging by the look on his face alone, he wouldn't hesitate to continue inflicting suffering onto others, and he'd done more than enough of that his lifetime.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:31 pm
TerashiLeonGoken

Sol would quickly move a hand, aiming to have Terashi keep his still for the moment. "No. Let's hear if he has anything else to say first. The man's a mastermind, but any sort of trap in here would sacrifice its security. Short of opening the door we came in through, these generally aren't designed to let anyone or anything in or out." Even then, he was still hesitant to move any further. There was always that chance he was wrong and there was one last trick up Ein's sleeve, one last way to still emerge victorious.

"...but keep the attack ready if we need it," he'd add a few seconds later.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:09 pm
Aile just stared as S-22 left, bewildered but lethargic enough to not do anything. She stared out at the crowd, eyebrows raising when she realised that people were beginning to clap. Wait, was it really over? Nothing else seemed to be coming. No other tricks, traps, or anything else. Holy crap. She’d recall Regirock and Sarlaac finally, sighing before yet another miracle happened. Que one portal and a time traveler and everyone who should have died down there after the Ultimate Weapon fired returned, unharmed apparently. She stared incredulously for a moment before laughing, cursing herself a moment later as her ribs showed their displeasure in the form of sharp pain. Once the shock of people coming back from the dead left, she nodded Tatooine over to a certain area of the crowd, one that the Flygon knew she was referencing.

One landing later, Aile and Tatooine, mostly the latter, were getting Robert and the nearby people out of their bindings. After getting the nearby people out, she turned back to the old bartender, tilting her head. “Ah… Well, this- Ah!”

Robert brought back his hand after giving Aile a small smack on the back of the head, giving her a stern look. “Lass, yeh mind tellen’ meh what yeh were tinkin earlier?”

“Ah, not there either. An explosion happened downstairs and I took a bit of a hit to the head as well. Yeh old man.” Aile glared at Robert, rubbing the back of her head with the arm not cradling her broken ribs. “Maybe I was worried and wanted to try and get you out. Considering I saw you on a damned wanted poster.”

Robert sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. “Yeh know? I had hoped that yeh wouldn’t find dose. Sorreh. “ He sighed and looked at the other Snagems before turning back to the woman. “So. Deh group yeh crossed. Yeh really crossed dem? Dese were deh people yeh crossed?”

“I… well… yeah.” Aile shifted uncomfortably at the admission, with it still not sitting well with her, even after all this time.

“Well, obviously, dey’ve accepted yeh again. Why else would dey ‘ave tried to save yeh back in Gateon?” Robert rubbed his head again and looked at her. “And if I know yeh like I tink I do, yehr upset dat yeh got meh involved, as yeh’d put it, right? Well, yeh couldn’t ‘ave foreseen dat. Yeh can’t go yehr entire life not being in contact with anyone. Dat’s a rubbish way teh live. Most yeh can do is protect who yeh can and help dem out. Okay?”

Aile finally smiled before hugging the old man gingerly, still trying to keep her ribs from getting any worse. “Thanks, Robert. You- Gah!” A string of expletives left Aile’s mouth in multiple languages, which gave Robert a chuckle.

“Kalosian? Yeh know, I would’ve had a different opinion of savin’ yeh if I knew dat from deh start,” Robert chuckled, shaking his head. “Yeh don’t come across as one.”

“Yeah, yeah… I know, our respective regions haven’t had the best of relations,” Aile grumbled through gritted teeth, “But you’re also not in Galar either, if you haven’t noticed.”

“And maybe I’ll tell yeh someday why. But fer now, yeh might want teh join yehr comrades.” He nodded over to the rest of the Snagems leaving. “And yeh dere, deh one dat gave meh bar its damned nickname,” he pointed over to Tatooine. “Yeh take care of little Sandeh. Fer all yeh know, yeh ain’t outta deh woods yet.” Robert nodded and patted Aile on the shoulder, then walked off to help others out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aile would follow the rest of the others down to Ein’s room, where the stench wafted back and threatened to bring Aile down. After she did her best to get over the smell (primarily through short breaths now), she looked around the room of a crazed madman who couldn’t get over a decades old grudge. “Holy hell… And thus, the curtain falls.” She didn’t try to say any more than that, trying to keep her intakes of air as short as possible. She didn’t trust her body to not vomit if she took any deep breaths, and that would not be good for the ribs.  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:32 pm
"Fair," I agreed, keeping the Psion Edge active but not using it yet. "We have no reason to believe that what we're seeing isn't a ruse, anyway," I gave myself a moment to take in my surroundings while waiting for Ein to speak his peace. Part of me wanted to believe this was real, if only for the sake of poetic justice, but it was entirely possible Ein set this up to lower our collective guard. I said what I said originally because nobody was saying anything, and I didn't think words would be exchanged. Ein, for all the malicious spite in his eyes, certainly looked defeated. But taking this man of all people at face value was most unwise. Nothing was as it seemed with him, and that included this situation.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:01 pm
TerashiLeonGoken
I gave Ulla a headpat as thanks for understanding before following Leon into the den of the enemy. What met us there was unbelievable, but it made it abundantly clear that a great deal of Ein's dealings with us were naught but a ruse. Upon seeing the man himself, I took a picture with my SNAG. I wanted to show Keiko how far the man she hated had fallen without putting her in any potential danger, though judging by what was around me, danger didn't seem to be the issue.

"Well, let's get this over with, then," I said nonchalantly, preparing a single Psion Edge. Yes, Ein's situation was pitiable, but judging by the look on his face alone, he wouldn't hesitate to continue inflicting suffering onto others, and he'd done more than enough of that his lifetime.
SubonicXP
"I suppose this is where I say checkmate." Sub finally forced himself to speak. He wasn't sure what else to say.
Blizzard120
"I'm not one who would write off someone even in this condition but even then...not going to lie, expected something a bit more...more..."

"Clean?" Freth asked.

"Yea, sure, we'll go with that." I said.
Darksol88
"You know, Sub, after all these years? I thought there was a bit more to him," Sol commented, trying to keep his breathing somewhat shallow. "Though I guess looks and brains coming together are just a thing for the movies after all. Still, it all comes down to this... you know, you imagine this happening for the longest time and when it actually happens, your mind still asks what now?" It was a little surreal. Even through the malice and hatred in Ein's eyes, this was never what he expected to see when face-to-face with him.
Reno Vantas
Reno would look at the myriad reactions, taking in the mixtures of mild resignation, pity, disbelief, and everything else. And he would begin to step forward, taking in all the details of the room as he began to speak. "What a perfect symbol for exactly what Cipher was. A cesspool that attempts to predict and outplan through only archaic and cold logic, only to discover exactly how limited that way of looking at the world is and end up in absolute nose-destroying squalor through efforts to make the world fit and cooperate with your limited view of it. Yeah....if I had any anger left for you, I'd be relishing that symbolic nature." Walking straight up in front of Ein, Reno would cross his arms and stare down at the old man. "But anger at an old man with no wits, no victory, and no proof that he did anything of worth? That's just futile. All I feel for you is pity. So then, how about we take you to a place filled with hate-filled, petty tyrants so that you feel at home? I'm sure the retirement home would just love to have you. And then we can actually get to work on something worthwhile, like throwing eggs at a wall."

"Are you all done?" Ein asks finally, after everyone has their say, sounding almost bored at their various quips. He folds his hands in his lap, calmly looking out at all of them in turn before his eyes fall on Ter. "Yes, exactly. I agree. Let's get this over with. Your 'team' has proven yourself to be the... stronger," The inflection in his voice could not any more indicate his disdain for the entire way his game had played out. "And you might as well just kill me to prove that your philosophy and way of thinking is correct. After all, I'm the villain and you all are the heroes." A sly smile crosses his face, his teeth in good shape despite the self-captivity in this bunker. "And that's what heroes do, right? The stronger enforce their will upon the weaker. Then when they have their opponent defenseless they kill them." He slowly, clearly strenuously, lifts his arms up above his head, the universal gesture for surrender. "I concede this game to you. And clearly, I'm the villain. Don't forget all of the things I put you through." He says, sarcastically, his bright eyes wicked in their malice. "Kill me. Kill me and prove yourself correct."

((Well, we have had a lot of choices in this RP, across the five years it's been over and this is the big one that will determine the future going from here forwards. Do we kill Ein? Or do we turn him over to the authorities to stand trial? Each member gets a vote - one vote per post, not one vote per character. I will be abstaining from this vote as I am the one who has written and assisted in constructing this story from the beginning, it wouldn't be fair. This vote will end after I post Wednesday, October 9th. Please definitively in your post say Kill Ein or Spare Ein.))

Kill Ein: 5 Spare Ein: 5 Voting closed, Sub is the deciding vote.  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:22 pm
Ryan manages to stagger in and hear Ein prattling on. "Shut yer trap, you madman. There is only one decision regarding what to do with you. And that is hand you over and spare your rotten soul.

Death is too good of an option for you. It's an escape, and an easy one at that, yeah? So no, Ein. Death is not your fate. You are going to live and have to face the long arm of the law before you slowly rot to a pathetic, quiet, and lonely finish." Ryan says to Ein, making his point very clear.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:28 pm
With Freth and my Ice Beams still trained on the villain of the story, the both of us couldn't help but stare in a bit of confusion. There was one thing that was bothering me, now that Ein brought it up. What point was he trying to make in the first place? All this time, he was trying to 'obsolete' us, to prove we were inferior to every design that he had, only to be proven wrong in the very end and there he is, there before us ready to welcome death as if he was still going to get the last laugh in all of this on his express trip to hell. The strong makes the rules and the weak fall by the wayside? Was he trying to insinuate that there's a role-reversal here? That we're the strong ones now? That we showed how weak he was and now he's dead to rights? We make the rules?

"You honestly did hear all of that, right?" Freth asked, a bit baffled at the situation herself.

"Yea." I said. "But really, whatever this sociopath's point is...is moot. Fact of the matter is, Ein is going to die one way or another. Even if we don't do it and get it over with, he already looks on borrowed time. Barring that, say we take him away and hand him over to more proper authorities? He'd end up sitting around for God knows how long and he'd probably keel over before he had a proper trial within the many regions he'd affected with all of this crap. And even IF he makes it through all of that, considering the massive amounts of damage he's done, people and Pokemon killed, he's sure to get the death sentence. Ultimately, we'd simply be getting someone else to do the wet work. And that's not taking into consideration of any contingency plans he might have should he still live. Its a case of are we just taking a proverbial ticking time bomb elsewhere or for that matter the resources having to be spent lugging around and subsequently storing his decrepit hide somewhere just so he can answer for all of this, with what I can only assume with no remorse for his actions other than failing at what he was trying to do."

"I'd have to agree. Never mind the fact that this man had decades to realize what he was doing was wrong. He could have at any time just decide not to be a monster and just let go. I only needed one incident to make me realize something like that. He had...who knows what he had to go on and yet he ignored it and went along with his happy self and dragged too many into his deranged plot; someone is going to get him one way or another, rather it be us or whoever. Coming to thinking about it, death being a easy way out for him would also be a moot point. He's already knocking on the door; its just when death answers and how."

"Exactly." It was pretty much clear the two Articuno hybrids was ready to put Ein on the chopping block.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:53 pm
Atlantis_Darts

"You mean, kill you and prove your philosophy correct," Sol shot back, a hand on the sword's hilt behind him. "I can't speak for anyone else here, and I'm hardly the person to be going on about morals when I've lost count on just how many things you can put a price on and left those morals at the door to ensure I survived for another night. Don't get me wrong; there's such a long laundry list of things you've done and said to countless people over years, decades, alive and dead alike, that I'd love nothing more than to see your head frozen solid to shut you up and slam this sword's hilt clear through it. But last I recall, quick and painless never was your style. Too good for them and all that. And you know?"

Pausing, he'd move his hand away from the hilt and simply cross his arms. "That may be the one thing you and I can agree on. I can't speak for anyone else. I won't speak for anyone else. But I think a more fitting 'demise' for you would be the longest, slowest one imaginable. One where you have to answer yourself for all of the things you put everyone through, but at least you'll have a much cleaner room for whatever days you have left. No need to speed along old age, anyway."

Cera found herself shaking the more Ein spoke. "Really? After all this, the first thing out of your mouth is 'kill me because I'm weak' like some coward? For someone all too happy to turn me into some abomination for your Project Genesis, you're a lot more pathetic than I ever thought possible." She moved closer and closer to him with each word, putting emphasis on all of them one by one... and then just moved back and sighed in disgust. "You know what, no. You're not even worth my time anymore. Shadow Mewtwo was all the proof I needed to learn that."

"...you know what, she's right," Amaranth finally chimed in, though she did have to admit she didn't totally agree on the sentiment. "Giving you a dose of what you put at least me through would make me feel better, or at least what I remember of it. But seeing you like this? It's not worth it. I'm not stooping to your level for a few seconds of watching you suffer in pain for a change, no matter how much I'd love to. I'm better than that..."

Aden would still keep silent for a moment, until finally shrugging. "Man, he really does like to hear himself talk, doesn't he?" As he saw it, he was just watching to see how this played out, knowing he hadn't been involved with a lot of what had gone on.

(Vote: Spare Ein)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:01 pm
Overwhelmed. Rhyme fought with her team, tag-teamed with the best of them, but it felt like a fight that they couldn't win--

But eventually, before she could focus on it all, it was over. It was over, and S-22 was gone, and the room looked.....it was empty. Many stunned. Many hurt.

Rhyme had started to make her way over towards the fallen Giratina hybrid, but she first checked on Ryan. Her brother fairly okay, she continued on, head still in a fog-like haze, perhaps an after effect of the moves she had used--

"RHYME!!!!"

A voice screamed her name and she shot her head up towards the swirling colors of what looked like a....a Fairy Ring?

An unfamiliar hybrid in familiar colors bounded out of the ring and soon the tired Pachirisu hybrid was downed, tackled by a sparky boy. As he nuzzled her, she lay stunned, before....wait...

"Z...Zwei!?" The two sit up and he laughs, scratching a ridiculously large ear, beaming. His eyes sparkled in the light, and he nodded. He looked more like a corgi with a zigzag tail sticking out of his shorts, and less...fuzzy. More sleek. But he kept his Lillipup colors...somehow....

"Wh...What happened to you?"

"Iunno, Rhyme! Tristen found a stone and he touched it and it was bright and BOOM. I fell asleep and woke up in a forest and..."

As Zwei babbled on, Rhyme took a moment to look up.....and oh. OH. Was...that....Pink rose to her cheeks, flustered immediately by the sight of Tristens new form. And....wow. He....she shook her head, distracted again by Zwei's calling of her name. "C'mon, Rhyme. Lets help the others!!"

The Pachirisu hybrid nodded, and decided to help the others, especially Tristen with Darts, though....she's somewhat shyly making sure she's not looking directly at the Manetric hybrid now, choosing instead to focus on helping Darts. "Hey." She says simply to the elder, as Zwei rushes around to aid as he can, full of...energy. Hm. Wonder why.

As Rhyme begins to help, she thinks about the man who caused it. While giving him death would help start healing, she thinks that he needs to understand what he's done...and in a way, be shown that his attempts failed. He needed to see for himself that the world would revolve after he's gone, and that his efforts to destroy their lands failed. Zwei, of course would agree--he didn't know much of the story, but as a pup he'd learned to see why he made the mistake and then make effort to fix it. ((Spare Ein: + 1 ))  

Not a Noise

Friendly Puppy

9,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Market Browser 100

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:02 pm
Aile tilted her head as she leaned on Tatooine, listening to not just Ein, but the others. "I say we don't kill him. We're not the only ones he's affected. Multiple regions. Hoenn, Orre, and even Unova, one could argue, at least should be allowed to take a crack at him." She paused to try and keep her gag reflex under control, wincing before she began again. "We're not, nor should we be, judge, jury, and executioner in this case. If he does die by their hand, or even dies before trial, fine. They tried. But I personally believe that his life in not in our hands currently." There was more wincing as she tried to keep her gag reflex under control, with her nudging Tatooine to help her out of the room. Any longer, and she was probably going to fail that constitution save.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:15 pm
Ein's words sunk deep into my soul, and I contemplated for a moment what it would mean if I were to kill him, in the short and long term. But it was pointless. No matter how much I wanted to keep my hands clean of this man's blood, doing nothing in this moment would just lead to more suffering. Sure, we could ensure his imprisonment, but after all he's accomplished, escaping a jail cell would be easy work for him.

"If becoming you is the price I pay for stopping you from hurting anyone else, I'll pay it. It's time for you to stop, and there's only one way to ensure that."

(Vote:Kill)  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:35 pm
The reunion was cut relatively short when Sub called out to them, causing Lykas, Odd and Wren to turn toward him. Odd and Lykas looked to one another and gave a curt nod. "This is it." Odd announced.

"Stay closer to the back for now, Wren. I don't know what Ein might still have up his sleeves but we're more likely to be prepared for it than you are at the moment." Lykas told their comrade.

Following after Sub, the trio would find themselves staring up at the immense vault as light began to shine through it, at least two of them with a fairly good idea how Sub knew the password. The Snagem leader knew Ein’s mind better than any of them ever could, after all.

“It’s hard to believe we’ve finally reached this point…” Lykas would remark, only a moment later thanking the Gods for his Ghost-typing. When the acrid stench of decay, among other things, fouled his sense of smell, he took a sharp inhale of mostly-fresh air and held his breath for a bit, until the stink had died down to a bearable level. He could hear Odd’s breathing stopping as well, the young lich also thankful for his lacking in the “need to breath” department.

Wren, however, was not so lucky. He was quick to release Caladium and hold the Fomantis close to him, though, fortunate that the tiny Grass-type released a pleasant odour to mask the foulness all around them somewhat.

Kaya continued to aide in lugging Darts toward where the others were gathered, his battered form barely able to hold up his own portion of the Giratina hybrid’s weight despite Aden’s assistance on Darts’ other side. Upon hearing Sub’s call for the team at large and following after him, sticking close to Lykas, Odd and Wren, he found himself gagging at the unholy stench that escaped the vault they had found. He’d missed Sub entering the code into it, though, having taken longer to haul Darts to it. Moving closer to Wren when the Grass Channeler released his floral mantis, he breathed a shallow sigh of relief as the fresh smell of flowers temporarily overpowered the stench of what could only have been years worth of filth at this point.

Upon spotting the glowing face upon the wall, all four males jumped slightly, caught momentarily off guard before Odd made the connection. “It’s just an image…” He voiced to the others.

“That’s not.” Lykas replied, pointing to the chair at the desk against the wall.

“I can sense life energy coming from it.” Kaya added.

“As can I.” Odd agreed, all of them coming to a stop.

When Ein spun around and began his little speech, three of the four shook their heads in tandem. “You’ve really let yourself go, old man.” Lykas quipped. “You were a lot more threatening when you weren’t really you.” He recalled the first encounter he’d had with this psychopath, all those years ago. He had been a kid back then. Even before he had any idea how to treat the birth defect that was slowly killing him back then, he had been dealing with this man’s insanity.

“I expected so much more.” Odd finally spoke up.

“Somehow, so I did I.” Kaya nodded in agreement with Odd.

“I’m not sure what I actually expected here…” Wren stated, confused more than anything. “All I know is… I defer to your decision, Lykas. From what I’ve heard from you two, you’ve got the most experience with this guy’s scheming.”

Kaya nodded once more. “I agree with Wren. I’m less involved with this guy’s shenanigans than you are.” He told the Jellicent hybrid.

“I say we keep the old b*****d alive.” Odd voiced. “He’s standing on Death’s doorstep as we speak but I think I can keep him there long enough to stand trial for his crimes against humanity.”

Lykas thought for a moment, reflecting on Ein’s actions over the years. He thought on the effect the man had had upon the world as a whole. The effect he’d had on all of Snagem as individuals had been tremendous but Ein’s true victims were scattered all around this tower, after all. The broken and the damned. The huddled masses, scared for their lives because of everything he had done to them and everything he still could, in their eyes. “He deserves a trial by fire and nothing less. And we have just the person to perform such a trial standing among us.”

“We have seen his actions firsthand. We and we alone reserve the right to decide this monster’s fate. I say let Odd use his flames to deliver a divine punishment.” The hybrid finished, looking to Odd.

“My flames feed on the evil in whatever they burn. If Ein is truly the evil monster we think he is, my flames will destroy him in no time. Otherwise, there’s a small chance he might actually be redeemed, in a sense. I’m absolutely not expecting the latter to happen in the slightest, though.” Odd replied as blue flames sparked to life in his hands. “If the majority agrees, I’m just as willing to put an end to him now.”

((Vote: Let it die.))  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces