Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] A Gift Between Loves (Rio + Isilje + Dergs)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:56 pm
She'd sent Dearest to call him to her, knowing that he and his dear new hatchling might well still be resting. Nonetheless, she'd spent months getting the cloth ready, and then as they got ready for the hatching, she'd fashioned it in to a garment. Maybe...maybe Rio would like it. It was luck that the silken shirt was blue, and that the soft tones would compliment his beautiful blue well. She could feel Brancath's mental scoff...but...that little one REALLY was beautiful. The albino girl pulled her hood high over her hair as she sat on the ledge with the white, waiting with her as they waited. Hopefully Rio would have time to come to her Weyr before the feast....She really wanted to give him the gift...

Meepfur

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:54 pm
It had been a whirlwind of events since waking up to a Hatching in the middle of the night, and it wasn't going to be stopping anytime soon.  With the Hatching over, and with Tierboskath - his Tierboskath - fed and oiled, sleep was still a long way off.  It had been off to the Weyrling Barracks then, not to get settled but to clean up and change for the Feast, because who needed sleep?  Not that Rio was complaining!  Tired he might be, but he was abuzz with the thrill of Impression, besotted with his perfect blue.

His perfect blue who, while he'd greatly enjoyed his first scrubbing and oiling, had been disappointed with the oil itself.  It was perfectly adequate for most dragons, to be sure, but it lacked a certain luxury he desired.  Tierboskath wanted a scented oil, not just the plain stuff, especially with a soiree awaiting them!  He had an impression to make.  So that was what had Rio asking around for someone, somewhere, who might have some of the good stuff that they might spare for a new hatchling.  The appearance of a flit - which Rio's own, Queenie, greeted with a happy cheep - interrupted the mission, but the new rider didn't mind.  Tierboskath...maybe did mind a little, but he was also intrigued, eager to meet one of the people who was so dear to His.

When they entered the weyr, Tierboskath strode in beside His, radiating feelings of warmth and fondness. "Goooood morning," Rio sing-songed, though the sound soon turned to a chuckle. "Faranth, I've not been up and about at this hour in an age."

As he stepped onto the ledge, Tierboskath pulled one wing in close to his chest and dipped into a sweeping bow, his other wing spread to its fullest. Lady Brancath, Lady Isilje.  It is a pleasure to lay eyes on you at last.

In one casual but strangely smooth movement, Rio all but fell into a sit near Isilje, positively beaming from ear to ear.  What was there to say, really, that wasn't 'look at my dragon!!!'? With his rider in such a convenient position, Tierboskath practically threw himself into his lap to be stroked.

MaraRune

Meepfur
Crew

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:19 pm
Brancath was the one to her feet at the moment they entered. Isilje staying seated with her small bundled package on her lap. For the moment, Tierboskath was a hatchling, and for the moment, that made him tolerable. The white's eyes were a mix of beautiful purple and orange as she watched the pair. Rio was ushered with a white nose towards his lover as the White took it upon herself to inspect the new addition to the set of people. Hm...

Tierboskath. A lovely Blue. Welcome to the world. Good morning, Rio. Go to her. She has something to you. While her tone to the dragonet was cool, there was nonetheless a touch of warmth there...and for Rio? It was warmer still. The boy had proved himself time and time again, that he would not hurt her Isilje. It helped Brancath that there was Alya to stand against the tide as well. Strange to think we were ever so small. She settled in such a way to give Rio and Isilje their own space, as well as allow for she and the tiny Blue their own space to get to know one another.

Isilje, however, was awkward. Rio had....Shards, just look at him. The shy, quiet girl was flushed, her red goggles perched about her neck, ready for the sun when it would soon come, but they'd not shielding her even a moment from the beauty of her lover that seemed to have increased. Take a moment...Breathe....Find your words, "...I kinda...made you something." Her voice was a bit nervous and shaky, "I was hoping this would be the clutch, and luckily...it seemed...to be the right color too." She handed him the package. It was wrapped in simple linen with a black ribbon. The shirt inside was a simple, almost tunic-like style, so she hoped he'd like it, and hoped Tierboskath would approve of the soft silk that rippled almost like the waves and complimented that beautiful, shifting blue hide, "I wove the fabric myself...on my downtime..."

Meepfur

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:58 pm
Tierboskath crooned amiably. Thank you. I am quite pleased to be in it, and able to stretch my wings at last.
My egg was becoming rather cramped, though I suppose I cannot complain, as I did have more room than some of my siblings.

Rio was blissfully oblivious to any changes that Impressing his particular dragon might have rendered, beyond the sheer and absolute happiness that Tierboskath was his. The easy flow of love and adoration between them was constant, suffusing him with warmth every moment. The young man rubbed and scritched at his blue for long moments before the dragonet reluctantly heaved himself to his feet to free his rider to receive the gift with which he was presented...but he couldn't resist lingering near enough to see what it was.

"You did? You didn't have to!" Rio blinked wide-eyed at Isilje as he reached to accept the gift...and then stared with even wider eyes at the contents. "It's beautiful...! I...thank you! I'd kiss you, but-!" He left that thought with a laugh.

MaraRune

Meepfur
Crew

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:07 pm
So I did see. Many a twin rested in your clutch. A strange sight. Shifting herself, she tried her best not to find her own distaste. Rio was happy, and Isilje was happy. That was what was of import to the dragon. She would never begrudge Hers what made her happy. Though she really would've rathered a Green.

When Rio's fingers were freed from his Dragonet, though, Isilje offered her hand to the Blue for scritches. The rough hands of a Weaver and rider were good for massaging sore muscles and working at a dragon's hide in just the right places. She'd be happy to offer the little one some pleasure while Rio looked at the contents. His reaction got a soft, tiny smile, some of her loose white hair falling in her face, "I wanted to. I've been working on something for Alya as well, but....dresses take longer." The dress would be at least another two months to complete...and she was still doting on Alya every chance she got.

"I wanted to make sure you had something nice to wear to the party...and I'm so glad it matched...and...I hope your little one likes it too?"

Meepfur

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:41 pm
Was it? Mine did find it quite curious. Tierboskath, of course, knew nothing else but such sets of twin siblings, so he could only peruse His' memories of other Hatchings. It is just as well that I do not have a twin. That would be...rather excessive, I think. Most excess was good, but another him? No thank you. He was one of a kind!

The moment other hands offered scritches, Tierboskath bumped his head underneath them and proceeded to rub up against Isilje and lean into her like the most content of felines. He still peered nosily to see what was unwrapped, and leeeeeaned to snuffle at shirt. And, because it looked just so delightful, rub his head against the wonderful fabric. Clearly he approved.

"You spoil us. Not that you'll ever catch me complaining," he added with a playful wink. "I'm sure Alya's dress will be every bit as perfect as this."

"I can hardly believe the color! Clearly you knew something I didn't!" The new rider laughed, running his hands over the fabric (and booping Tierboskath when he reached his nose over). "It's more than just nice, and much better than this thing!" So saying, he stripped right out of the deep pinkish-red shirt (perfectly serviceable, but no comparison to this!) he'd been intending to wear so that he could pull on the new one, without a second thought about the action.

MaraRune

Meepfur
Crew

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas