Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Sûzat Lands
[LOG] Njeri x Faramir (Truth about Feelings)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:37 pm
"Njeri?" The silver male called out, his voice a little nervous as he looked about the place in which she was staying. How long had she been in the area now? It seemed like forever but he knew not much time had passed and he was rather afraid she might have up and left without saying anything. Though that was just nerves.

"I have something I'd like to ask you." Should he tell her how he felt? He wanted her to stay because she liked the pride and not because he had feelings for her. Mulling over how the whole conversation might go he continued to look about for the familiar lioness.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:38 pm
The lioness was laying out in the sun, her head tipped back as she enjoyed the warmth that seeped into her fur. She hadn't felt so completely relaxed in quite a long time, so when her name was called from a short distance away she hardly registered it as her mind drifted in and out of a lazy nap. It was only when Faramir's voice rang out from a closer distance that her eyes opened and she rolled off of her side to lay properly in the light. "I'm over here!" Njeri called out as she lifted her head to spot the approaching male, taking care to offer him a bright smile. "Is everything alright?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Continuing his search for the female it wasn't long until she called out to him, he should have guessed she'd be enjoying the lively weather they'd been having as of late.

"Oh, yes. Everything is quite alright. " Voice trailed off a little bit as he drew nearer to the female.

"I know you've been here for a little while now and I would really like it If you stayed as a permanent member of the pride." His heart was racing as he spoke to her, he hadn't meant to just out right say it like that but the words had fumbled from his mouth because of nerves.

Rubbing a paw against the opposite leg he waited for her reply.  
Njeri blinked at his suggestion, a look of vague confusion overlaying her feathers as she tilted her head. She’d considered hanging around the lands, but the idea of being a permanent member of the pride had never crossed her mind. For some reason the fact he was asking brought her smile easily back to her maw.

It was a sweet thought, she decided as she shifted to lay comfortably on her belly. Only glancing off to the side briefly to gather her thoughts before returning her attention fully on him to ask softly, “Is that allowed?”

It was an honest question, after all she’d always taken the idea of prides to be a family thing and she was very much an outsider even though she felt so comfortable here.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:39 pm
Her smile settled his nerves a little bit but overall he was a little nervous she might just leave still and he'd never see her again. While it wouldn't be the end of the world if that happened he really didn't want to have another lioness he had feelings for just vanish into the great beyond, though the last one he had encountered had been kind enough to leave their two children with him.

"Of course it is, I'm not entirely sure if there is a place where it isn't allowed." Though he didn't know much about other prides but he hoped she would consider staying permanently if not for a while longer. "If you don't want to stick around I completely understand."  
"No, nono-" Njeri quickly interjected after him, as if to try and stop him from his current train of thought. "I just have never really considered that to be an option." She really liked the area, but the new notion of what could be in her future brought with it many more questions. Most of which revolved around the lion before her.

Shifting up onto her front paws, she slowly stood. Her gaze flashing from Faramir to a particularly uninteresting flowering bush as her mind sorted through what she wanted to say and how exactly to voice it. "This place is really beautiful, and it'd be a great place to call home. I'd really love to stay, Faramir." She'd glance up at his name, flashing him a kind smile. "If you'd all have me, that is."

"I just.." Rolling her weight from her left to right she made a soft sound of thought. "I wont see less of you if I do join. Right?" As silly as the thought was, her question lingered with an unspoken worry that he had only been visiting her because she was a guest. "I really hope that's not the case since," Njeri's voice fell in volume, her tail flicking lightly behind her. "I really do enjoy your company."  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Everything around him seemed to freeze as he listened to her speak, as if he was waiting for her to turn him down and dissapear from his life forever.

"I'd really love to stay, Faramir." Then those words hit his ears and he let out a breath that he hadn't known he'd been holding. "Of course we'd all have you." Taking a step forward he paused, did she know how he felt about her?

Rubbing his leg with his other paw he looked at her with glinting eyes, "I was hoping it would mean we'd get to see more of each other. I really enjoy your company as well Njeri."  
"You do?" Her reply was immediate, and she found herself looking at him with a sense of surprise and just general hope for the future. Which she greatly hoped included him. "That's a relief. I mean. I.. I was a little worried this was some sort of pride courtesy." She felt a little silly but her smile never faltered as she crossed the short distance between them, a light bounce belaying the small excitement that settled in her limbs. The back and forth, the unspoken questions or feelings had always left her with a curse of what-if situations. So now, with the prospect of living in this pride as one of their own. She wasn't quite sure she could keep what she was sure she felt to herself.

After all, even though she was nearly certain she wasn't reading the lion wrong. There was always that what-if. Pawing lightly at the ground she dropped her gaze momentarily to the ground before glancing up at him. "I really like you, Faramir." Her tail-tip swayed lightly behind her as she studied his expression for any sort of change. "It seems so silly, we don't know a ton about each other. But I've come to really look forward to the time we have gotten to spend together." He brightened her days considerably. "I hope that's okay?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:40 pm
"Of course I do." Had he somehow put off the vibe that he didn't?

Suddenly he was very aware of her presense as she grew closer and he felt himself gulping a little bit as she looked up at him with those beautiful and intelligent eyes. She liked him too? Not just like, she said really like and he felt her pulse quicken as he stared at her, the words slipping from her mouth and into his ears. He was frozen on the spot.

"Okay? It's more than okay Njeri, it's such a relief that you feel the same way." He had mentioned his feelings already, hadn't he? If not then she hopefully knew now.

Coughing slightly to clear his throat he looked away and then back towards her. "Ummm, did you want to walk with me a while? I'm not sure if you had anything else planned for the day but just thought I'd put the offer out there."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:20 pm
His words caused her to let out a breath she hadn't known she was holding and with a bright smile she nodded. "I'd love to go for a walk. Maybe along the way you could tell me how to go about joining your pride?" As she spoke she'd walk two or three steps off in a random direction before pausing and looking back to wait for him to join.

"Is there anyone I need to meet first? Something I need to do to prove myself?" A thoughtful expression would cross her face as she glanced off, her brows furrowing lightly under her bang. "I remember once I heard about a pride that made it's new members sit in the sun without moving for hours after rolling in some thick, stinky mud." Her nose would scrunch at the very thought. "I hope there's nothing like that here?" She'd never seen anything like that, but you never know.  

Sesshy552

Vicious Kitten

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:15 pm
"Of course! It's fairly easy though. We just need you to talk to the big man himself and let him know your intention to stay." It truly was that simple, plus she'd been hanging out with them for quite some time and was familiar with many of the ongoings in the pride so she was aware of what she'd be getting into when she joined.

Curling his nose in distaste he shook his head, "Oh no, you'll find nothing like that here. I'll take you to the big man and we can get you all settled in." Leading the way he felt his heart fluttering in his chest as if he was a young buck in love.  
[IC] Sûzat Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games