Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henry_kunz

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:07 pm
User Image

It'd been a long day thus far for the darkly colored male, his attempt at a hunt bumbled via poorly timed execution though luckily he'd managed to catch a smaller creature to get a meal from. Other than that he had nothing to really complain about.

Kayode came from a good family, at least to him it was. It was nice to feel like he belonged to someone because he didn't know many other hybrids, and it was taught to him early on that he'd never be able to have a cub of his own lineage. That'd depressed him for quite a while, it still upset him from time to time...he'd thought of maybe adopting someday. Regardless he was having a rough day of it both physically as well as mentally, hopefully things would turn around somehow.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Leto had taken a rare stroll farther beyond her pride than usual. Since finally being welcomed into a new home since leaving her birth pride with her father so long ago, she had become a bit of a homebody. As a dancer, she spent most of her time focusing on her craft, venturing to the rims of the pridal lands if she needed to participate in a hunt. Though she wasn't designated specifically as one, her larger size sometimes came in handy in a pride filled with inconsistent sizes.

Her ears were up and her eyes alert, scanning to see if there was anything she needed to be concerned about. Her eyes caught sight of a bright color - stark against the browns and greens of the landscape. She had always been curious, and she found her paws directing her towards the figure, keeping her eyes on it as she approached.

Henry_kunz

Polette
Crew

Henry_kunz

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:25 pm
A soft sigh left the hybrid as he stopped to sit among cool grass, a slightly saddened expression spread across his face. The land was beautiful, this spot was so comfortable to his paws yet some thoughts just wouldn't leave his mind. It wasn't strange for the male to get lost in his own head though that didn't exactly keep him safe from others possibly roaming about. He did keep alert just enough though, velvety ears swiveling on instinct just in case.

At first he doesn't notice anyone in his vicinity. Honestly if it were night out he could blend into the shadows pretty well, but the sun was out now so he stuck out like a sore thumb. Once the other got closer though he looked up in time to see... Wait. Could that be...another leopon like himself?! His excitement gets the best of him, eyes wide as he calls out to her. "H-hey! Uh...are you the same as me?"

Polette

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:55 pm
Keeping her eyes on the bright figure, she came closer until it was apparent she'd been noticed. She'd been so focused on moving closer that she was a bit surprised when the other called out. Leto paused before taking slower steps towards him; her eyes glided down his figure, noting the mane and the thick tail. He looked like many who had come to the Koti; she would've used her own brothers as reference, but she was unfortunately unable to grow up alongside them.

"I would say so." Her head tilted slightly as she continued to study him. The idea also sounded a little sad - being a lone leopon out in the world. "Are you lost at all?"

Henry_kunz

Polette
Crew

Henry_kunz

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:08 pm
Kayode felt the gaze of the female travel along his large fluffy frame and it embarrassed him, the dark fur of his face hiding a light dusting of red. She didn't look like any lioness he'd seen before nor a leopard, in a way she reminded him of himself in that two separate creatures merged together. He'd only had his brothers to compare with before though.

The question startled him at first, it hit, struck a chord rather and lead him to nod softly. "Well...more than lost. I- I feel alone, more than I would be without you here." That sounded weird coming off the male's tongue so he tried again, trying to quell his flustered nerves. It'd been so very long since another hybrid had been anywhere near him.

"I'm lost and lonely. I don't see hybrids much and usually not many others either."

Polette

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:58 pm
"Alone?" Leto's brow furrowed slightly. She felt empathy for the male - there was a time when she had left her birth pride and separated from her father that she had felt the same way. "I understand the feeling, though." Her eyes diverted, wandering off in the distance for a brief moment. "It can be tough for us out here." There numbers were understandably small, but there were also heightened dangers for mixed-breeds like them: some were born weak or sickly, or there was the threat of those who viewed them as unacceptable creatures.

"Did you leave your family?" Everyone had their own reasons for being on their own; sometimes it was just coming-of-age, or it could be something more malevolent.

Henry_kunz

Polette
Crew

Henry_kunz

Friendly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:32 pm
Kayode gave a nod in response, a deep sigh rumbling in his throat. "It's a bit of a blur, lots of commotion but really we just ended up separated. It was a large storm." Part of Kayode's mind had shoved the memories to the back of his mind for later, his focus needing to be survival. "I wasn't too young at least, was taught how to hunt already.Truth is I have no idea where they are."

He'd traveled quite a ways in his time alone, seeking others yet being wary of anyone that didn't happen to be a mix of two like himself. That left few options for friends. "I guess that's a reason I got so excited to see you."

Polette

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:10 pm

"I'm sorry to hear that." Leto was sympathetic; her own pridal separation was similarly chaotic. "Nature has an odd way of controlling our lives."

Leto smiled at his words. "I'm glad I could be a little uplifting for you. Honestly, it was nice to realize your own situation once I got closer." Though she was familiar with his specific mix, only seeing his mane from afar had initially cast some doubts in her mind. But, she was relieved upon coming closer. "You remind me of my brothers a bit." Her voice trailed off.

"My name is Leto." Her smile returned to him as she felt comfortable enough to introduce herself.

Henry_kunz

Polette
Crew

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas