Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Roleplayer Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for every roleplayer to become a better roleplayer. 

Reply Out Of Cookies
File - S Past Bits

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:31 am
Topher literally growled a bit as he sat down and Tonya just glared at him with the “don’t start” look. They had been having that conversation before work and now they were there he didn’t have s**t to do and she had things going on so he was stuck in the office. He had been doing “things” that Tonya hinted at she would report him if he continued. Considering she was his boss he could see why but being his wife for a few years now he was still pissed she would even consider it. She had gotten a few reports about things going on that she knew damn well fit things that he could do and he hadn’t necessarily hid it well so she wouldn’t let him leave the office without her being there. So when Paul walked in with a few men he was very pissed. ”I’m borrowing him for a few hours, hope you don’t mind.” Tonya glared at Paul but just motioned for Topher to leave. ”He’s just pouting anyway, and considering you’re here in person with a entarouge I’m assuming its beyond my pay grade.” Topher was about to complain but a message came to his phone then and he looked at it and gritted his teeth. So that was Paul’s game, and now of all time. Topher stood up and shoved past Paul, ignoring the glares from his men.

They didn’t go to the main office he knew of but another smaller office. He knew of all the locations and this was one they used for little things when they didn’t want attention. ”Going to really go down this road? With one pi…” Before Topher could finish Paul tossed a whole folder of pictures onto the table in front of him. ”We keep an eye on you, Chris as well but she tends to not cause trouble so more manpower goes into your team. Do you know how many laws you’ve broken?” Topher stared blankly at Paul and then rolled his eyes. ”Oh yes, being a Officer you do. Also being a officer means you have more responsibility and considering how you went about this…” ”You ca…” ”Your mother is trying for another term correct? How would this look? How would it help the bills she’s trying to pass if your face and crimes were plastered across the news?” Topher just gritted his teeth and tried not to do anything stupid. Well the building or at least this room was implementing the material they developed, he thought Frederick got rid of that. Paul smirked, ”This building was built before then. We knew we’d have to interview psychics at some point.”

Topher shook his head and sighed. ”You know Chris will probably see this coming, in fact warned me to stop my idiot s**t.” ”You never seem to listen to her.” ”No I don’t. And frankly, those people… criminals deserved what they got.” ”There was no concrete evidence pointing that they were criminals until after they mysteriously died Topher…” ”And that’s why Chris was yelling at me the other day, hell even Tonya threatened to report me.” ”She knew it was you, they both did?” Topher shrugged and slumped in the chair. ”Tonya probably knew Chris was mad at me, put two and two together with the random criminals dying with evidence showing up and rammed a verbal book up my a*s. Hell I’m surprised I haven’t gotten a call yet from my mother, she’s probably waiting until after this or is just to busy with the campaign to know what else is going on.” ”And that’s why you should listen to your sister. You have a family with good standings you’re ruining it.”

Topher put his hands and head on the table and cursed. ”No you are, by investigating me. What do you want me to do so this goes away?” ”One, quit your job, you’re recent reports have been lacking and even the other supervisor reports not coming from Tonya show you’re not getting anywhere. Two, work for us.” ”Not happening.” ”You’d be able to do what you’re doing now, no questions asked, and get compensation from time to time after a trial period. This all goes away, Tonya and yes we know she’s pregnant, your kids wont have to see you in jail.” Even though the room was dampened the table did lift at that that threat. Paul put his hands up ”We wont do anything to them. You, alone, decide if you see your kids through bars or not. Hell I’m not sure at this point considering what you know if they’ll allow visitors for your prison.” Topher did actually growl lightly at that but calmed himself. ”You know damn well my mother wont stand for that and…” He sighed loudly and glared at Paul who was smirking. ”I’ll ******** do what you want. But I have rules. Criminals only. You’re not making me kill any family, send someone else, I’ll only do it if they’re alone or if the spouse is just as guilty with valid evidence.” He pointed at his head knowing full well they’d want him to use his telepathy to get at people they were targeting but lacked the evidence.  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 1:50 am
Tonya smacked Topher as soon as he entered their house. She had moved in once they got married and he just paused and stared at her. ”Tell me why you didn’t bother warning me before going to the Chief and quitting? I’m YOUR ******** boss, and your partner you could’ve talked to me but no you just did this on your own like you always do.” He contemplated yelling back at her and hell even had a brief thought of shoving back, but no. Hell no. His mother, her mother would rip him a new one, plus Nate, and all her other damn relatives when Nate was done. He walked past her and went into the room and started packing a bag. ”I swear to ******** Topher if you don’t talk to me I will call your mother.” Topher had the file on him, Paul had given it to him, he knew there was more and that was all Paul wanted to share. He handed Tonya the file and continued to pack while she looked over it at least until she smacked the file right in his face. ”That utter conniving s**t, he ca…” Topher turned and pulled her into a hug before she could pull her phone out to call anyone. ”I’m sorry. He did. I’m sorry I didn’t listen to you or Chris I’m sure I’m going to get a phone call and be yelled at or she’ll just ignore me like she should and let me deal with this on my own until the s**t hits the fan.” Tonya squirmed in his grip a bit and tried to get out but he kept a hold of her and she stopped when she noticed her back getting wet, yeah he was actually crying. ”God damn it Topher…”

She slumped down and they both sat on the bed and she turned to look at him. ”He used them against me. I don’t want to be absent. I don’t want you to have to raise them on your own.” ”SO…what you’re going to be his good doggy?” Tonya scoffed and wanted to glare but Topher closed his eyes and nodded. ”I have a very high security clearance and some of the things I’ve learned, they wont want me in a regular prison Tonya. I have to leave to go for some training, not that I probably need it but I have to pass it anyway before they’ll let me leave with any handler of sort.” Tonya turned and faced him again and he nodded. ”I made conditions, wasn’t going to let them get all their way, Frederick or one of his men will be on site with me, probably one of his men, since Frederick can’t always leave, I don’t want someone there I can’t trust.” Tonya grabbed him as he was getting up again and glared at him. ”What exactly are you supposed to be doing?” ”From what I gather exactly what you and Chris warned me to stop doing but on their level. I made sure to tell them I’d only do it if I knew for sure. Not going to be a random hitman for them.”

Tonya let her hands fall as he got up. ”Why else?” Topher stopped mid packing and sighed. ”Because, mother is in the middle of campaigning again, having the feds arrest me publically…” Tonya shook her head and scoffed, ”They’d have to, if she found out, she’d kill you. You know she’ll find out.” ”Wont be the first time she’ll be mad at me. I’m hoping Chris doesn’t hate me for having to help with keeping it from her like she probably will. I’m just hoping it doesn’t come out at least until she’s done with being in office herself.” Topher sighed and sat on the bed, Tonya could tell he was trying to not freak out over everything and just go tell everyone but he had already figured out that’d be bad at the moment. ”Paul has a agenda for me for some reason, its muddled he has some training blocking telepaths so not everything is clear even for me. Which means he’s had a lot of training. Anything I do he was always watching, even Chris who I’m sure knows but I’m sure the moment I pulled that stunt when mom took me in he upped how many were watching me specifically.”

Tonya stared at him and shook her head, ”You were just a teenager then, wouldn’t rules prevent that?” Topher shook his head right back. ”Even being a senators son, I violated so many privacy laws probably with one move and outed a few people. It scared the hell out of them, mom hadn’t put in all the protections for psychics like we have now yet. Pretty sure that was part of the cause of them, I swear she caught some of them bluntly watching us once.” Tonya smirked and laughed then, ”She probably scared them off with a glare.” Topher smiled at the memory, ”Her and Aurelia, both, actually Aurelia chased a few of them off. After that they never got THAT close.” He pointed at his head meaning he knew there was always people watching him, he still pulled stupid s**t. At least after a while they got better trained to where they were more obscured, even then it was easy for him to point them out since he couldn’t read them fully. ”How long are you going to be gone?” ”This first time? Hopefully just two weeks, usually it takes a full month but I know most of the combat training, I’m hoping they’ll do the tests and some advanced. After that, depends on where and how hard the security is to get around.”
”How are you explaining this to your mother? Quitting the cop job she didn’t want you to have in the first place and travelling all over?” ”Got bored, which is mostly true…” He shrugged at her glare over that. ”Consulting for Frederick, he’s got the actual job set up already with his office. Which will blow up in his face when she finds out the truth.” ”He does too much s**t for you.” Topher just nodded and zipped up the now packed bag. ”I’m surprised she hasn’t killed him yet.”  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:14 am
A few years had past and Topher had gone through the training with flying colors. His mother was not PLEASED at all finding out he randomly quit and was traveling out of country for Frederick, or at least that’s what it said on paper. He knew eventually she’d find out, or if she already knew she was keeping her mouth shut for now while she was doing her political stuff. They didn’t need a family quarrel for her opponents to use against them. Hell Topher leaving the police force was a hard hit against her and she reamed him for doing that without warning her. He was doing fine with this job though it was starting to get on him and Tonya was starting to hint that she wanted him HOME. She couldn’t handle the kids by herself and hold a lead position. The more he was gone the more she seemed to push away from him. Toby was already causing hell, luckily James was helping and they had plenty of hired hands around. Though it still pissed him off that he wasn’t there as well, he had even told Paul as much. The man just smiled at him and handed him a file. There wasn’t much information just blurred pictures and a location. ”The hell am I supposed to do with this?” Paul had just walked off and mentioned if he could pull this off they’d let him stay home and do a few local jobs from time to time.

Not much information was given on the targets other than a location and general stuff, a male and female, highly skilled, going around Asia and causing general mayhem. Apparently Paul and others wanted them stopped. He had stayed home for the last month trying to patch things up with Tonya but the file kept bugging him and he was eventually sent more information. They were still in the same location. He looked over at Tonya after getting the email and she just glared at him. ”Last one, according to Paul, if I do this he’ll let me stay home or at least local, no more out of country.” ”That’s because its HARD to hide who the ******** you are TOPHER. He knows eventually they’ll target you if they haven’t already. Hell he’s putting us at risk at well and if he does so help me I will ******** grab one of your swords and stab him myself to make him stop.” ”You’ll have to beat Chris and mom to it.” ”I plan to if I have to, go. But don’t fail, because if you have to go again, I’m telling your mother.” Topher was getting up after she said go but paused at the second part. Wasn’t a threat of leaving. ”Oh no, my family will make sure to make you feel like you’re in hell if you hurt me remember. However, you can handle that, your mother finding out about THIS, not so much. And don’t think I’d ever leave the twins without you… a*****e.”

Topher closed his eyes and nodded. He had a thought of doing something and Tonya simply threw a pillow at his face. ”Go and pack, get this over with.” He had grabbed the pillow holding it to his face and lowered it, placing it back on the bed besides her. Yeah he wasn’t going to be able to get away with that at the moment and she’d likely stab him if he tried, or at least kick him in the groin. He decided to go pack and not deal with a even more pissed off Tonya for the moment. He was about ready to just leaved but stopped at the twin’s room. They were supposed to be asleep, but Toni seemed to be awake. He shook his head and went over to her crib ignoring James as he woke up and glared at him for waking him up. James simply shut up as Topher lifted Toni who was giving him the “pick me up” motion and she clung to his neck. He held back a gurgle as her arms squeezed tightly and felt her trying to cheer him up. Even now her minor Empath ability was enough to make him smile. He gave her a kiss and she stopped squeezing so hard and settled, finally falling asleep again.
James stared at the suitcase in the hallway and gave Topher a sharp glare and Topher shook his head slightly. ”Last time, out of country, hopefully.” He put Toni back down and gave her another kiss before going over to Toby who was still asleep. Usually he was the fussy sleeper but tonight he was out. He bent over the crib and regardless if Toby normally fussed about it gave the boy a kiss before heading out. He ignored James again not wanting to talk in the room. James stopped him outside the hallway and slightly closed the door. ”Be car…” ”Not my first time Jame…” Topher had started to walk off again but James grabbed him roughly this time forcing him to stop. ”You know I’m a seer, this one doesn’t feel right to me, just saying to be more cautious than your idiot self normally is Topher.” Topher stopped noting the seriousness from James and nodded. He noticed Tonya standing at their door now probably hearing James getting a bit louder and sighed. ”I’ll call you when I land.”  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:18 am
Topher was not having a good week, first his target was so hard to track that he couldn’t even track him. Well that was a lie, he was able to but every time he got close they were gone. It got to the point that he tried to get ahead of them but even then Topher realized they were back where he was and had to travel more. ”F*ckers…” So now he was waiting for a meeting with a group that contacted him for some reason and that’s when the weird s**t started to happen. Well not weird for him but weird for everyone else. Everything froze. ”That can’t be go…” He was about to call Chris and figure out what she thought of it when he felt something familiar in his own head lock him up. He gritted his teeth and tried to fight it to call her but couldn’t move. ”Now now, none of that Christopher.” Topher was able to turn his head at least at the familiar voice, of course he’d recognize his own. Another him came into the restaurant he was waiting in and tsked at him then sat down. ”She’ll call anyway. You just sit your white haired a** right there… hmmm not all white yet… you’ll get there.” Topher had tried to move again but couldn’t and glared at his other self who just smirked.

He smiled as the phone rang showing a picture of Chris and he reached for it. Topher tried to hold his grip not letting the other him have the phone when he noticed… another Chris come into the restaurant. Everything in him gave up then. ”Good boy… Hello?” Topher could tell his Chris paused, knowing something was already wrong, he never answered the phone like that for her. ”This is Topher, just not the right Topher… no I’m n…” The Chris in the room smirked and winked at her twin then came over to Topher and made a picture movement and pulled a blade on him holding it up to his neck. His doppelganger grinned wildly and took the picture and sent it to Chris. ”There, that shou… No we haven’t harmed him.. yet.” Topher wanted to throw the other Chris off him, this was… too much, and not like her at all. ”See, we’re his targets for Paul. And we’re after Malina, she’s from our timeline. She’s causing too much problems everywhere and your Moron here should’ve dealt with her already, yet will get stuck with problems later, we can help with that, just need to set a trap. Two Tophers should be enough… but both twins in one place will bring her right out…” Topher was shaking his head and felt the blade come up to his cheek again and stopped.

”The only reason she hasn’t hurt you yet Christopher is because we need both of you for this plan to work so SIT STILL.” Topher could feel it again, apparently the other him was a LOT more powerful even with the trip to the alternate timeline. He tried to fight it and stopped when the other him pulled out a pistol and aimed it right at his head, pausing while he was discussing Chris flying to Japan somehow. It wasn’t anything he recognized and he wasn’t sure his shields would stop whatever the hell came out of that barrel. Both of them smirked at him and he actually sighed and let the other him try to talk Chris into doing what she hated most. ”Look either you come, or I’m shooting him right now… yes I’ll allow you to have someone else fly it, I know you can’t fly, just don’t bring a full team.” Topher winced a bit as the other him stood up and roughly shoved whatever that gun was into his forehead. God damn it Chris, even if it is a trap just say whatever he wants… ”Oh it is a trap, but not for you two, for now. As long as you help us.” His doppleganger nodded and handed him the phone finally. ”Yes I’m fine…” She’d be able to tell he wasn’t, he ignored the others shaking their heads at him, ”Of course I’m a f*cking idiot, yes I know. And tell James to shut the f*ck up I can hear him in the background…great… Tonya knows there’s trouble… and I know Nate will kill me later…” The phone was hung up and put on the table, Topher would’ve thought it’d be snapped but then if they needed to get a hold of him they wouldn’t care either way. ”Try anything once your twin gets here and I’ll have her…” The other Chris poked him with the knife for emphasis, ”Go in your Chris’ place, she can be very persuasive, unlike me, I don’t think the full white hair would get past mother. Nate, Tonya…” ”DON’T… ”Make sure she helps us and it wont happen, be a good boy too and this will all go away.”

Topher was wondering what the hell happened to these two that they were this way in their world. ”Mother didn’t do politics, psychics have it a little harder in our WORLD. Deal with it.” The other him motioned and the two started for the door. ”We’ll call you again when its time for her plane to land.” The other Chris blew him a kiss going out the door and his other stopped. ”Oh, the people you were meeting were the Yakuza, have fun with that, Chris killed them all but with what I did here, it’ll look like YOU did it, because, I’m making them think that. Good luck traveling and being a good doggy for Paul.” With that they left, and everything went back to normal, except Topher was now being glared at. Everyone knew who he was, the random pause with everything, most likely the OTHER removed their image from the memories so all the people around him would think was that HE did it for some reason. ”s**t.”  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:05 pm
Something was wrong. She couldn’t see what it was but she could feel it. Obviously that meant Topher was probably doing something stupid. Even if he wasn’t, it would still be best to call him and check up on him right? Besides, her intuition was never wrong. So that’s exactly what she did. Two rings before he picked up wasn’t unusual but the ”Hello?” that answered the phone was. She paused for a second and frowned. ”Where is Topher?” Alarm bells were ringing in her head.

”What did you do with my brother.” she growled only to get a message from Topher with a picture attached. Her stomach dropped. ”You better not have hurt him…” She tried to use the image to figure out where he was but it was just so distracting seeing her face make whatever face that was. Alternate versions of them had come here? She tried to focus on this other Topher’s words but it was difficult when all she wanted to do was know that Topher was okay. He mentioned bringing her to Japan and she laughed.

”You do know who you are talking to right? There’s no way! I can’t just leave the country without plenty of notice and a whole lot of paperwork.” Not to mention the kids. She couldn’t just leave the family behind. But Topher was family too. Not just any family. The other Topher made a threat and she knew her Topher would be screaming in his head for her to just agree. ”Fine. I’ll do what I can but I have to have at least someone who can bring me there. I can’t just make it there on my own.” She exhaled softly when he agreed.

”Now let me talk to Topher.” Sure it probably wasn’t a good idea to sound threatening to the person who had her brother trapped but she couldn’t help it. The phone was passed over and she felt herself relax just a bit. ”Topher?” Thank ******** god, that was his voice for sure this time. ”You are a ******** idiot you know that…” She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance. ”Just don’t ******** it up any more than you already have until I get there. I promise I’ll be there soon.”

After the conversation is when things went downhill fast. Obviously, it wasn’t as if Chris could just leave without telling pretty much everyone what was going on. Tonya was pissed, Nate was pissed, James was smug. Still…

”Let me go with you.” Nate carefully watched from his spot on the bed as Chris packed a few things. There was no telling how long this was going to take. She paused and looked up at him with that same patient stare she usually did when he said something stupid. ”You know you can’t do that. Someone has to stay here with the kids.” Nate frowned. Though he knew what she was going to say, it still didn’t make him feel any better to hear it. ”Don’t be mad at him, Nate. This time at least its not really his fault. ”But Chris…” ”Stop. You know we can take care of ourselves. For the most part. I can’t risk letting you come with us, especially since I don’t know what I’m walking into. If I knew…” Even then she still wouldn’t want him to go with.

She walked around the bed and wrapped her arms around him, pulling him close. ”It’ll be fine. I promise.” That didn’t make him feel any better, especially since he knew she couldn’t really promise that. She didn’t know what was going to happen. ”Fine. I still wish you’d let one of us go with you, even if its not me.” ”Too bad. I can’t be sure they wouldn’t get upset at just one extra person tagging along. I just need someone who can get me there that they won’t really see as a threat. Besides, I believe him when he said the trap wasn’t for us.” It would still be best to have more information, but she would have to deal with what she had. It was very possible that the other her knew more than she did, was more powerful in certain aspects like the other Topher. Which would make it hard to trick them if it came down to that. But that was a problem for later. First problem was just to get there.

That was a problem that was luckily easily solved with some of her and the family’s connections. Everyone except family was kept out of the loop of how much Chris didn’t know. Better to let them think she knew what was going on exactly and could take care of things without issue. Which in the end was the goal but she couldn’t promise it. It was difficult, but she was able to keep her uncertainty out of her voice and off her face as she explained the small amount of details she was able. Topher was in trouble and if she didn’t get there, things would be worse. She also covered by making sure they knew if she told them more things might not work out for the best. While normally true, Chris didn’t know for sure what could and couldn’t happen and it was just a lie to cover it up. Either way, she was finally on her way to Japan.

Chris hated traveling with a passion. Part of it was motion sickness. The other part was the S rank, see all possible ways things could go wrong, clairvoyancy. Since the powerswap Chris didn’t travel unless she absolutely had to. Of course she still had to be driven back and forth to work but outside of that she did her best to avoid all traveling. So there were some precautions they had to take for this trip. She slept through pretty much the whole thing, only waking once to advise them against flying through a storm before promptly falling right back asleep. So she was only aware they had landed when the pilot lightly shook her shoulder and gently called her name, pulling her back to consciousness.

There hadn’t been time to come up with a plan aside from getting here and now that she was here, standing on the side of the road trying for the third time to get her brother on the phone, she realized just what a bad idea all of this was. She was dressed casually but she’d braided her hair and had it hidden up in a hat to hopefully keep from sticking out too much. Though the other her running around here had shorter hair, they looked identical otherwise and she was not about to get caught for something her other did. Nor was she even supposed to be here in the first place. Officially or unofficially, if she got caught in anyway it could spell lots of disaster.

”Come on Topher, just pick up the phone already…”  
Out Of Cookies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff