Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kyrieko
Crew

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:39 pm
User Image

The heavier footfalls and panting breath were the only signs the wolf was beginning to tire from her journey. She'd been out in the Redwoods, again, seeking her secrets and whatever fun mysteries it might reveal. Sadly, there wasn't much to be found this visit. But it was always so exciting exploring them! Except for the colder air about the Redwoods. Kindle felt her fur stick up on end and she shook her coat, steps faltering for a beat.

And the sound of avian laughter rolled down to her.

Kindle looked up and over her shoulder, towards the breaks in the trees where she could see the crow following lazily on the wind. He was still there. How amusing!

Somehow managing to not trip on her own paws, Kindle picked up her pace as she caught scents that were becoming more familiar. Her home. Her pack. They were small, still, but growing. But they were her home now and she was thrilled to have them. Just the scents began to change the tired wolf's posture, making her eager to see them and share her findings. Especially the particular one that kept following her.

The sound of water drew her ear and she immediately altered her course until she found the river. There, she paused, dipping her muzzle into the cool water to drink. Home! She was just about there. Or was she already there? No matter. Having taken her fill, Kindle raised her voice to howl her return before moving at a slower walk.

KasaiLoki
Here you go!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:50 am
Kyrieko

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
There was so much to do, yet the Alpha found himself lazing about today. Some days, even a leader had to take some time for himself. Even if it was short lived most of the time..

Between the growling Clay was currently doing with the avian bond of his, and the light snoozing of other pack members, Two Tone found himself rising to his feet, stretching and shifting bones back into their proper place, before leaving the den and the members within. He stepped outside, enjoying the still cool climate the land had to offer, as a breeze whispered.

On it, the familiar scent of one of his own, followed by a howl.

His dual colored eyes shifted towards the direction, standing tall as he returned a howl, waiting for the bearer to show herself.

"Kindle." Two Tone called out, seeing the darker maned wolf approach from the foliage. His tail gave a slight wag. It was always nice to see his pack members return, especially for the potential dangers a scout could face.

"Any news?"  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Kyrieko
Crew

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:49 pm
She caught his scent first before the familiar voice of her alpha spoke her name. Feeling a weight lift off her shoulders she hadn't been aware of, Kindle picked up her paws a little more and pushed through the foilage to appear before her alpha with a toothy canine grin.

"Two Tone!" It was so nice to see someone that was considered 'family'. She hadn't ever really had one but this male had offered her one and she'd happily taken it.

Moving closer, Kindle offered Two Tone a friendly touch of the nose before sitting on her flanks before him.

"There is always news! But sadly, the Redwood did not provide me with any interesting secrets this time around. One day it will!" She laughed at herself. "Well, no secrets. But I did bring something back... " She indicated with her nose the crow that had landed on the branches of a bush nearby.

Said crow regarded the two wolves with interest, but made no effort to get closer.

Tilting her head a little and regarding the bird, she snorted. "He kept following me so I think I'm gonna keep him. He'll be useful traveling."

Pausing again, Kindle sniffed and looked back at her alpha. "Do we have more members?" Another pause, as if something was working its way back to the surface of her memory... "Oh! I think there is another pack nearby. I don't know for sure as there wasn't much for me to discover, but I will look on my next round out."

And just as quickly, she was all wagging tail and lopsided grins. "How's the pup?"

KasaiLoki
IDK if you'd have any interest, but I'd be happy to use Kindle to meet with the other Bluestone pack while traveling and see if they want to be allies? Or invite them to meet with Two Tone! heart

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:35 am
Kyrieko
Yesss that would be excellent! I'd love to have pack alliances/rivalry, and using a scout would be the most realistic way to acquire that smile
Also, sorry for the long delay. ;o;

Ah, the Redwood. A place where the pack had once originated before calling home in Bluestone. It was well before Two Tone's life, and he had yet to actually venture that way. With a growing pack, he didn't see himself trekking that far, unless something were to happen to make him.

His ears perked as Kindle mentioned she had brought something back. His first instinct was to look behind the female scout, to see if anything was trailing, wolf wide. However, when the crow landed before them on a branch, his dual color eyes shot open in surprise.

Crows were a handy creature. Two Tone nodded as Kindle spoke. "I think all scouts should travel with crows. They are smart creatures, and are useful when you have both eyes on the ground and in the sky." He stated.

He found a small smirk growing as Kindle asked about more members. "Ah, we do. A few adults, and a small pup roughly Clay's age have joined our ranks." There was a sense of pride from Two Tone. The pack was growing; it was every alpha's dream.

Another pack nearby? Two Tone's eyes narrowed. "I'd like you to keep an eye on that other pack. See what they are like. We need to know if we need to stay more vigilant." Another pack could mean one of two things. An alliance, or a rivalry for food. The latter worried Two Tone, especially when there were little ones within the pack still who needed the food to grow.

The pup. Ah. The Alpha grunted. "That pup." He groaned. Clay had gotten into quite a bit of trouble already, trying to wander off on his own, playing with dangerous creatures, and overall just keeping Two Tone up at night. "Hopefully having someone around his age will curve his...antics." Or, heighten them. Time would only tell.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Kyrieko
Crew

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:55 pm
Kindle regarded the crow once more as Two Tone spoke. Okay, she had to agree with that. It would be very helpful to have eyes in two places. Especially if one set of eyes was from the air. "We shall scout together then! I'll keep my eye out for more. I'm not sure where he came from, specifically. Just that at some point, while in the Redwoods, he started following me." She shook her head. Silly bird!

Her eyes lit up and her tail started wagging. More members! There were more to call family! "Oh that's so good! I will have to meet them all!" She had to snicker at mention of another pup. "So Clay now has a partner in crime?" Ah, maybe she should take the pups out with her for a small scouting mission to relieve her alpha of the little ankle biters.

The small change in her alpha at mention of the nearby pack slowed her tail as the shewolf focused on him. "If they are there, I will find them. I don't think they are very big as I had a hard time picking up much on them the first time. But I shall do as you request!"

She hoped they were kind. Having to watch their territory borders more vigorously would mean less time she could spend in the Redwoods....

Kindle had to laugh. "You can only hope!" She teased, getting up to stretch. "I'm sure I could always take him out for a run." She was pretty sure it would be frowned upon to take the pup all the way to the Redwoods. Where she might lose him.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:09 pm
Kyrieko

Glancing again at the crow, the alpha seemed to analyze him. "Does he talk?" He was curious. Perhaps their bond would grow the more they worked together? If they didn't talk now, perhaps they would in the future.

"I am sure they would love to meet you as well. Most have taken the hunter path, which I will say I am quite grateful. After all, we are gaining more mouths to feed," and Two Tone was a pretty lousy hunter if anyone were to ask him.

"You will find them." He had confidence in his scout. She had done well for him so far. "With the pack expanding, I will see about recruiting more scouts to help you." It wouldn't be fair for Kindle to do all the work.

"Tire him out. Yes, that is a great idea." He nodded vehemently. Maybe he should do too? Ah, Clay was getting to an age where he would need to start pulling his weight for the pack. Working with the fellow hunters or scouts would be beneficial for him. Two Tone doubted the healing route was up the troublesome pup's alley.

"Just not too far. The next short trip you take you can bring him with you if you wish." A pup was a lot of responsibility, and Two Tone did not want to let Kindle bare that all. Maybe he was growing on him? Hell, the whole pack likely was.

"Any changes in the Redwoods?"  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Kyrieko
Crew

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:03 pm
The crow under discussion puffed out his feathers and eyed the two wolves with a playful gleam. Oh this was quite fun! Kindle had told him about this wolf. Her alpha. He returned the same analytical gaze right back, though it seemed as if the crow was smiling.

Kindle tilted her head and then snorted. "Oh he talks. Quite the playful feather brain. Good company while traveling!" She gave the bird a lopsided grin with tongue hanging out.

A huff of breath. "Of course I talk! How else am I supposed to tell her when she's talking too much!" He finally laughed. "Greetings, alpha. I am the dancer of the wind!"

"His name is Wind Dancer. He's really graceful in the air." Kindle observed before her whole being seemed to puff up in excitement. She was so excited to meet all the new wolves! And then his confident words were almost too much. Kindle couldn't sit still anymore and was on her feet again, tail wagging and fatigue forgotten.

"I certainly will! It will be almost as fun as hunting. Or seeing what I can find out in the dead land." More scouts? That would be nice. While she absolutely loved scouting Kells and being able to move around so freely, one lone shewolf was not going to be enough. Especially when said shewolf had a tendency to scout and explore such dangerous areas. "More scouts would be nice, yes!"

"He he. Too much energy for you lately?" Kindle teased. She was pretty sure that the same could be said about her most of the time. "Oh I wouldn't take him too far! Just far enough to make his paws feel tired and hear the whining start that he's tired and could he go lay down now. That's all." Short trip. Her alpha was so funny! There was no such thing in her world. Of course, she could make an exception. Especially to play with Clay.

Ah, the Redwoods. As if the shewolf wasn't already beaming like the sun, she ignited like a flame. "Oh there are always changes there, Two Tone! It's so exciting! I can walk the same path over and over and nothing is ever the same! Well, except the wasteland. And the dead things. The sad trees. And the cold. It's always cold. But since I found Wind Dancer there, I guess that's a change? Maybe I can find more crows! Or maybe something even more interesting?!" Just the idea of this was enough to make the wolf sigh with anticipation.

KasaiLoki
LOL Kindle is gonna start thinking the Redwoods give her things. First a crow companion. Then members for the pack. AND PUPPIES WUT. xD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:52 pm
Kyrieko
I can see Two Tone just being like...yeah you are off limits from the Redwoods for a little bit once he finds out she is preggos. lol

A surprise looked danced across Two Tone's features as he chuckled when the crow spoke. "Ah, so it seems you do!" Two Tone didn't mind Kindle's exuberant personality. Perhaps the feathered friend would curb it slightly.

"Well, Dancer of the Wind," the alpha bowed his head in respect to the crow. Sharp beaks, sharp talons, he'd be an idiot to not be respectful to him. "Call me Two Tone." His attention turned back towards Kindle as he nodded. "I wouldn't expect crows to be anything else." He had no wings, so he could not judge another's flight skills. "Plus, he's not a hare, so.." Crows seemed to be much more useful than that otherwise fluffier prey beast.

"I don't think too much energy is the right words." Two said with a deadpanned tone. He stared at Kindle's almost endless amount of energy. She may have her monies worth to match Clay's.

"There is always some sort of light in the darkness. For you, finding Wind Dancer amongst the 'sad trees' is one of them." He would have to make his way to the Redwoods when the pack became a bit more stable. For now, he would rely on his scouts.

"More interesting? Always looking at the positive, aren't you Kindle?" Two Tone jested.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Kyrieko
Crew

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:21 pm
Wind Dancer just chuckled in a caw, settling himself in a more relaxed state along the branches. "A pleasure in meeting you, Two Tone."

Kindle nodded her head in thoughtful agreement. Yes, she was quite happy to have a crow be the one to form a bond with her. She'd heard that some wolves had hares for companions. But in her mind, they weren't useful enough. Except maybe to threaten as dinner? That thought made her giggle.

She just gave her alpha a wide eyed stare with humor glittering in her sky blue eyes. "Maybe he just needs some sort of pup related mission. Ooooh what about a scavenger hunt? Something to really occupy his time!" That sounded like so much fun! Maybe that's what she'd work on while back home. She really did enjoy her time with their growing family. But that wild spirit in her would always draw her back out eventually.

"That is a very wise statement." She bobbed her head, thinking about it. Two Tone must be right. As he said, she did find Wind Dancer in a dark place like the wasteland the Redwoods had become.

Now she laughed, tail lazily wagging. "Life is too complicated if you don't look at the positive. Besides, I don't have time to waste on such thoughts! Not when I can put that energy to better use." Like her scouting duties. Or playing with Clay.

"Will you introduce me to the new members?" Now her blood was warming again with excitement. She wanted to meet her new packmates! And tell Ocean all about her adventure and introduce the other female to her new familiar friend.

KasaiLoki
LMAO! Omg good luck with THAT conversation, Two Tone xD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:25 pm
Kyrieko
Fin? smile

"I like the idea of hiding the alpha and him looking for him." Two Tone suggested with a chuckle. He could relax slightly then maybe. Ah, but the days of relaxing would not come soon for the Alpha. He had a job that meant her would always be alert. Taking a quiet moment could mean potential harm for the pack.

"Of course." The male smirked, turning away from his scout, stepping back towards the pack lands. "I am sure they are all going to be excited to meet their scout and her new companion." Two Tone would need to look about befriending some crows. They could be of use for Dawnstar for sure.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Kyrieko
Crew

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 1:23 pm
Kindle nodded her head eagerly. Oh yes! That would certainly be a fun game for that pup! And it would teach him to use his nose, pay attention to his surroundings, basic skills that would get him ready for the life of a hunter. Or a scout. She was obviously biased, but the scout life was the best.

"I bet Clay would enjoy that sort of game quite a bit. Or 'mission'. He'd probably be way more interested if we called it a mission!" The shewolf briefly wondered if her alpha ever got a break? But the thought disappeared just as quickly.

She was going to meet the others! Kindle couldn't help the happy little yip that escaped as she danced right behind her alpha, following closely on Two Tone's steps. "I'm so excited to meet them! Oh I hope they like me. And I hope they like Wind Dancer. He really is a nice bird."

Laughter flitted around the two wolves as Wind Dancer took wing and circled around them before following the two lazily. "Homeward we go, then."

KasaiLoki
Fin it is! heart

[Pack] Dawnstar (Bluestone)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces