Legacy | Ashura & Kiyoraka Ashi Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This is a completed Discord roleplay between Ashura & Kiyoraka Ashi, written by Shi Berry & Kara Asumie.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User ImageUser Image
How far east must he travel?

The white walker found himself growing more and more agitated with his idle meanderings through this world. He heard whispers of a tree to the east from where the malice itself sprung forth, a connection to hell from where his species originated. He thought that he would find more and more purewalkers as he traveled closer to the source of their kind. Yet, here he was, sorely disappointed. Those he sought were more scattered around these lands as opposed to increasing in frequency the further East he wandered. He was beginning to believe that this tree was no more than a mere legend.

An uncomfortable amount of time had passed since his last duel with a purewalker, his opponent of choice to test his skills. Killing other species did not satisfy him; he felt as if they did not challenge him. They simply were not on an equal level. All of them had the ability to harbor fear in their hearts, something of which walkers were completely devoid. No, no other species on this land simply fought and killed for the sake of it. No other species was able to compete with him like his own.

"But where are they?" he muttered to himself as he went deeper into a thick forest bordering the mountains from which he descent. He was looking for a tree, so, where better to find a tree than a forest?

► Word Count | 241

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:29 pm
Kiyo was setting a few traps after all it wasn't rare for bears to be about. And that wasn't the familiar but the walker that the traps were for. They are the only walkers she wouldn't try to take on for the hell of it. Knowing her limits was something she was good at. There wasn't anything she couldn't think out if given the time. But in a fight with another walker there was never enough time to think things through. It was always a go with the flow kind of thing. Although while setting the traps she had a feeling that something new was heading her way today. An uneasy feeling that made her more alert than normal.

So into her feral form she shifts as she then moves to hide into the brush nearby where she had been setting up a trap at the moment. Not knowing how far the danger was she lowered herself to the ground in wait. After all the one to get the first hit in come take the upper hand in a fight. But that wasn't always the case. Just a good bet. So that was what she is going to go do with whatever is coming her way.

Kiyo's ears low and listening to every sound and noise about as she closes her eyes. Sniffing the air for any changes. She grew up here after all so she knew the sounds, noises, and the smells. Nothing changes here without her knowing about it.

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:30 pm
User ImageUser Image
    The forest grew quieter the further in he ventured. There were some things that the walker was starting to accept as facts about this world, one of those facts being that, when the fauna of the forest silenced their incessant chatter, it was not without reason. Danger was afoot, and it was not he they feared. No, they were already hushed by the time he had entered this place.

Still, the walker was not deterred. It would take more than the silence of some birds to dissuade him. A foolish decision for most, but he was unlike most. He was just as - if not more dangerous - than whatever this forest feared.

A mistake.

He felt it immediately, the tension of thin metal as his unwitting ankles moved forward. His eyes widened, not in fear but in fury, as the sound of creaking wood shattered the quiet of the forest. He did not have time to look, only to react. He dove forward, low to the ground, narrowly dodging an enormous log as it swung forward from the treetops. He growled furiously as he rose from the dirt, scanning the trees for any sign of this scoundrel in his midst. In addition to barely evading injury, he had now soiled his fur and clothes, which was perhaps the worst thing that could ever happen to him. More than anything else on this earth, Ashura despised dirt, and, by extension, those who would dare sully his appearance. "Coward!" he snarled, baring his teeth. "Show yourself, you weasel!"

► Word Count | 255

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:35 pm
Kiyo smirks a bit as she walks out of the brush still in her feral form. "So someone doesn't like a little dirt. Guess you aren't a fun one that gets down and dirty. And here I was worried." How he acted when he got dirty was kinda cute. She shakes off the leaves from her fur. "Follow me Pretty Boy. There is a lake nearby for you to wash up." She is now relaxed a bit more but still on guard seeing this is still a walker. Foxes are normally smaller in Feral Form then Coyotes which she is. But that isn't always true so she can't fully come off guard. Most walkers normally come into another's territory for one of two things. Fighting is the most common. The second for offspring. Sighing as she believes this one has come here for a fight she is going to take him to get cleaned off. Even if his reaction was one that was pleasing to her.

Switching her tail as she heads toward the lake staying in Feral Form for now seeing she is faster in this form. So in case she needs speed this form is best. After all she isn't sure just what this male can do or where his skills lay. In order to avoid more of his fury she heads down a path with no traps laying in wait. But to think there is a walker out there that doesn't like to get dirty is funny to her. "There are no traps on this path. And the water is right up ahead."

Shaking her head wondering just what is she thinking helping him get clean. Wasn't this her chance to attack? It was but the fight would be boring if he was focused on the dirt and not the fight. If he came here for a fight then she would give him one. Depending on his style of fighting she might even play clean and not fight dirty. But that is up in the air at the moment.

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:37 pm
User ImageUser Image

He whipped his head towards the voice, furious gaze resting on a small fox wrapped in tattered garments. He would have mistaken it for a normal field fox, were it not for the wickedness in her eyes. He tensed a paw to strike the foul creature, but restrained upon further inspection. She was covered in dirt and leaves, and he did not want to touch such a dirty thing with his bare paws. "Disgusting," he growled, still enraged by her conniving assault. "What kind of filthy idiot want to get 'down and dirty?'"

He considered drawing his blade and engaging his foe right then and there; he typically did not like to battle walkers in their feral forms, but he would make an exception for this impudent rodent. He did not, though, for she spoke of a body of water. He blinked, eyes narrowing just a touch. This wretch had already played him for a fool once, and he was not inclined to trust her again; however, his clothes demanded near immediate care or they would stain. He watched her for a moment as she prowled away, eyes fixed on her movements. She surely would not walk into her own traps, unless they were set up in such a way that would only hit larger beings. Thankfully, he, too, was a smaller canine. He shifted into his own feral form, wrapping his sword in his clothes and then picking up the bundle with his many tails.

He followed her swiftly and silently, scoffing at her comment. "Great," he muttered, still irritated with his current state. This is not how he expected his next encounter with a walker to be, being led to a lake to clean his clothes after being rudely tricked into the mud. He wanted an honest duel, and, so far, it did not seem that he would be getting it. He also did not want to have to consider traps during his fights, and would have preferred a more open area, like a clearing... or a lake.

"How much farther?" he questioned, though it was more of a demand than an inquiry.

► Word Count | 355

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:39 pm
Kiyo stops as she is now inches from the water. Turning to face the male. "We are here you big baby. Filthy maybe but no idiot. Sometimes in order to have true fun one most get down in the dirt and mud. I am not sure how a clean freak like you can function as a walker." She turns back towards the water and walks into it shifting out of her feral form to clean herself off. She wasn't sure about this male. He had the looks but she didn't think he would be good enough to pass down a legacy with. After all just how can he function as a walker? If dirt and mud got to him like this. And they don't stain as easy as blood would. She shakes her head again thinking about it. He was surely an enigma. Fun to watch though.

After cleaning herself to spotless she gets out of the water slowly and shakes the water off of herself. Looking at him as she isn't really going to allow him to be outta sight within her territory. This was her land and she had killed her weak mother for it. So there is no way she would give it up without a fight. "The traps weren't meant for you. After all you aren't a bear walker. I might be good and skilled but with a bear's size my limits might not out last it. So I set traps to keep the bears away. Though adding one's blood to my legacy might not be a bad thing."

She shifts back to her feral form once again. Staring at him as she tilts her head a bit. "I am Kiyoraka Ashi. Welcome to my territory for now after all you did entertain me with a cute reaction. What are you looking for here?"

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:44 pm
User ImageUser Image

He would have sighed in relief, were it not for her derisive remarks. He glared at her as she entered the water, then turned his attention to the lake's disturbed surface. It looked clean enough - he was half expecting a putrid swamp - though he found himself missing the warm, pure waters of the springs to the East from whence he came. "I manage just fine, without any need to 'have fun' in the mud." His hackles rose with the thought. "Those who've trained their bodies and mind don't need to fight with wild, uncontrolled movements, rolling around in the dirt like children."

He shifted back into his more equine form, and entered the water. It tempered his wrath, and he turned his attention away from the other walker to his clothes. He soaked them and seemed entranced as he idly listened to her explanations. "Bears," he scoffed, amused by her reasoning for such underhanded tactics. "The ones I've met are nothing more than large fools who think that strength and size are the only assets they need to kill. They're easiest walkers to slay." He smiled with the thought. "They're stupid and predictable."

Her next comment interested him. "Your legacy? What're you leaving behind besides a couple traps?" he mocked.

He carried his clothes out of the water, then stuck his sword into the earth and draped his silks on the hilt to dry. He watched her as she transformed back into a fox-like creature; it did not seem that she was keen for a fight. "You're welcome, I guess," he stated, sarcasm dripping from his fangs.

"A challenge," he replied, tails lashing with anticipation, "but, if this is how you fight - with traps and dirt - I don't think I'll find one here."

► Word Count | 293

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:45 pm
Listening to him as she sighs a bit. "Legacy as in Offspring. One's bloodline continuing. No one lives forever after all. Besides I am smart, cunning, and use what is around me. That isn't being a coward. After all at least I don't fear dirt." She watches him as she sighs again. Can one fight if mud and dirt can take them down. A part of her wanted to see what he could do. Another part still saw him as not worth it. Shifting outta her feral form as she stretches out. What did a clean freak know about fighting or killing? There was something off about him. "You are truly an enigma." Thinking about it more and more there is a pulling urge to test this male who acts like some pampered princess.

"Ok Princess I will give you a dual if you want. But if you get dirty no crying. I might have melt to see a princess cry." She teases a bit as she wasn't sure how pissed that statement would make him. Kiyo has never even been near a non walker that acted like a princess. . Not even that Angeni who she is pissed at for getting in her way with a few what should have been easy kills. That annoying Angeni didn't even act like a princess. This male was entertaining if nothing else.

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:47 pm
User ImageUser Image

For a moment, he considered her words, brows furrowing with thought. "What good does it do you to have children?" he asked, perplexed. "How would you use them? Unless they're not walkers... our kind is too unpredictable for use." The girl did not make much sense to him. He was aware of the fact that his days were numbered - especially considering the path he had chosen to walk in his life - but it would not stop him from leaving his mark on the world. He desired to continue learning, improving, all in the name of mastery of his craft. He could not imagine offspring being of any use to him at all.

He began dressing himself, preferring to wear damp clothes than leave his garments and weapons unattended. "Fear... we can't feel fear. That's what separates us from the rest of these pitiful things that live in this world - and you must know that. Hate, however... hate we feel intensely and often, and I hate dirt."

His eyes flickered with delight, though he continued to harbor distrust for this particular walker. He had no intentions of falling into another trap laid by this conniving mare. "Don't worry about me, weasel. My name is Ashura, and I've never shed a single tear." He anchored his paws into the earth, clenching the hilt of his blade with his teeth and drawing it out from the ground. Then, he waited, patient and relaxed.

► Word Count | 240

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:14 am
"Whatever Princess." Kiyo smirks as she thinks about it shifting back into her feral form as she works better in it. Shaking her accessories off of herself so nothing would slow her down. "Offspring can be used in a few different ways. Doesn't matter if they are walkers or not. There are ways to make things of use if you have the know how." With that said she shifts her paws into the earth below her getting a feel for he so that she can move around better without a sound. "Oh yea I am not a weasel. I am a coyote."

Kiyo moves about him circling. Sizing him up more wondering why he has that pointless thing in his mouth. Crouching down low to the ground as if she she is ready to pounce. There isn't a lot to fighting but wouldn't having a long metal thing in your mouth just slow one down. This male was interesting if nothing else. Kiyo being a coyote is cunning to a T. She is always planning and plotting ways to keep alive and to create her army. Yes an army. There is nothing that will stop her or get in her way. Not this male. She will come outta this encounter without fail. This is her territory after all. Traps cover every inch of this land.

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:15 am
User ImageUser Image
    He scoffed at her. He knew this game, to goad him right into her claws... or traps, as he suspected. If she was this concerned about bearwalkers, surely she had no intent to actually fight him. Or perhaps she saw him as less threatening. Sure, he was tall, but he was not particularly bulky or imposing. Fine, he did not care if he was underestimated. It gave him an advantage.

"Use them... for your legacy." he pondered aloud, seemingly unconcerned for her as she circled him - certainly, he was unconcerned about embarrassment, given his sword muffling his speech. He was not crafty like Kiyo, and he did not waste time gauging his opponents by prolonged observation. He sheathed his blade by his side to give off the impression that he had dropped his guard. If she was going to lunge, this would be her opportunity. "You want to leave your mark on the world by having as many kids as possible? A little simple, don't you think?" Sure, it made sense that one's strength could be defined in terms of reproductive success, but what should she care about that after her death? "What good is it if no one remembers your name?"

► Word Count | 202

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:07 am
"Princess, I think you are over thinking things a bit." She stops in her tracks the moment he put his sword up. This was a trap and she knew it. After all she was a master of traps so why would this type of trap pull her in. Not that she seen a reason to use weapons one had to hold in their mouth. Wasn't that more of a handicap moving about with something like that hanging outta one's mouth. Kiyo knew ponies who were good with weapons but it wasn't her cup of tea. She misunderstood the use of a weapon. That wasn't strength... Well not true strength. In her eyes true strength was something one did on their own without a tool like a weapon.

Kiyo twitches her head a bit to get those thoughts outta her head. "Giving up Princess? Or did you realize true strength comes without the use of that toy? If you think I will pounce because you put the toy up then you are wrong. I won't step into that trap. Without the toy hanging from your mouth then you can turn and move faster. So I would think you are more of a danger without the toy." She smirks a bit as her eyes are glued to him and how his body moves. "You are a cunning one and I know my traps won't work on you like they do those foolish bears." With a swift move she jumps up on a huge bolder that was close by. Her eyes remaining locked onto him the whole time.

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:10 am
User ImageUser Image
    He expected as much, for he had finally understood that, although all walkers had a need to kill, not all of them strong inclinations to attack. Recently, he had the misfortune of encountering more that seemed to prefer conversation to violence. This weasel, for one, could outmaneuver him in these tangled trees, and it would appear that she would prefer teasing him into one of her traps rather than engage him in an honest duel.

"What do you know about strength?" he countered, keeping his gaze centered on her as she moved.

"You're smarter than I'd like you to be," he smiled, "your traps won't work on me." He sat down now, refusing to chase her any longer. "Since you won't fight me, and I'm not gonna run after you, let's make a deal. I'll tell you about my 'toy,' if you tell me what you're trying to leave behind in this world."

► Word Count | 153

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:11 am
Kiyo lays down on the bolder as she snickers a bit. "True strength is the power within one's self. No traps or toys needed. I know where my strength lays and it' limits. So yes I use traps again big dumb bears. But traps can't be used on someone like you. It is best to let one like you to make the first move and dodge until I get a feel of your movements and attack style before attacking back."

Crossing one paw over the other as she listened to him. "Well, Princess like I said I was waiting on you. After all, a princess should be able to make the first move." Kiyo smirks as she teases.

"Hmm, what I am trying to leave behind in this world is simply my blood. The legacy of blood is offspring, and as for my name. Well, I know if I put fear into others, then stories will be told of me. So my name will remain alive there. My blood will remain in my offspring, so as long as they live and have offspring of their own, then my blood lives on there. And before you ask Princess. My own mother told me about legacy before she took her last breath as I stood over her." This is a telling fact about Kiyo that she killed her own mother to take out the land she calls home and knows that one day her own offspring might do the same to her.

"So, why the toy, Princess?"

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

Shi Berry

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:13 am
User ImageUser Image

His gaze remained level, unfazed by her criticism. If only she knew the strength of the sword and the skill it took to properly wield it. He was tempted to show her, but he did not trust her. Anything could be a trap with this crafty weasel, and he knew better than to be goaded into his doom.

Instead, he listened as she described her intentions, and, surprisingly, he understood them. "You want to be legendary," he concluded. He realized at that moment that he shared that desire. He labored tirelessly over his art, refining it more and more with each passing day. And yet, why did he bother?

Perhaps Kiyo discerned the diminishing clarity of his gaze as he was further lost in his thoughts. He had not considered his future, or what would happen to him after he was gone. A legend only lasts for so long, and she found a way to ensure its survival through the generations. It was so simple.

"Interesting," he mused, his eyes focusing on her again. "I killed my father, in a way." Although Hojo was not his biological father, he was the only father Ashura knew. The old swordsman raised him, and taught him everything he needed to be as successful a duelist as he had become. He cast his gaze to his sword at his side, then looked back at the weasel.

"It is my art. The sword is a part of me just like my limbs, and it reveals truths about yourself. In order to wield it, you must be in full control of your mind. You channel your aim into the blade, and it obeys... but it will only reflect what you put into it. A clumsy wielder will not see the kind of success as a disciplined practitioner. It is graceful, beautiful, and far more dangerous than any fang or claw can be." He paused for a moment, considering his final statement. "It is the key to becoming the greatest killer this world has ever seen."

► Word Count | 339

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces