Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Moshmonster

Timid Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:06 pm
User Image

The summer sun reflected off Moonlit Snowfall's fur as he made his way through the edge of the mountains. He'd been on his way towards the thick swath of redwoods the bordered the mountain range. It would be easier to find game there, easier to survive. He sighed and paused his gait, looking over his shoulder for a moment. The mountains held so many memories for him but, ultimately so much pain. He knew it was best for him to leave it in his past and push the memories back down into the dark recesses of his mind.

A twig cracked to his left, snapping his attention back to the present as his head whipped towards the noise. He lowered himself to the ground, crawling forward towards the bushes the crack had originated from. His muscles tensed as he lay prone, alert to any sounds his prey would make to further reveal its position. He slowly nosed under a bush in hopes that the foliage would help cover his gleaming fur. His mother had been right in despising his appearance, he thought to himself, it truly was a curse in the sun. He exhaled hard trying to shake the feelings trying to eke their way out from where he'd hidden them. He refocused and crawled further into the sparse tree cover, keeping eyes and ears ready to locate the prey he sought.

His stomach ached with hunger, since leaving the den he had been subsisting on what little game he could find, mostly hares and squirrels, he did once find a deer carcass but it had half rotted by the time he'd arrived and he ate only what he could see wasn't rotting already in the heat. As he edged forward he saw the source of the noise, another hare. He shrugged to himself before tearing from the brush taking his prey down with a quick snap of its neck.

He sat with his prey, quietly thanking it for its life and meat before digging into the warm flesh, tuning out his surroundings.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:53 pm
The Moshmonster
Sorry for the delay!

It hadn't been long since Two Tone had left the small group at the den, before heading out scout the territory and remark what would be their pack area. It felt nice to be on flatter ground, the calloused paw pads from the rocky terrain needed to heal a bit more.

The male sighed as he trekked the lands, ears perked forward listening to the noise around him. While he normally would have been silent on his feet, the shuffling and snapping of little branches caused him to wince. Tread carefully, he reminded himself.

The scent of death entered his nostrils. It was faint, but enough to catch wind of a recent kill. The male turned his direction, following his nose.

He was surprised to see a small pup at a kill. Two Tone's dual colored eyes scanned, looking for any other wolves around. Surely the male was too young to be on his own? But if he got the kill?

Stepping from the underbrush, the larger male approached the pup, watching him carefully. "Where are you parents?"  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

The Moshmonster

Timid Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:13 am
The pup bared his teeth and stepped over his kill, ready to defend it if he needed to. Blood tinged his white fur pink, and his white teeth dropped with a mixture of gore and saliva. Had he been an adult this would likely be a sight to see, however, with his undersized stature it was almost adorable and comical to see this young runt clearly think he's a match for a grown wolf.

He eyed Two Tone, his red eyes shining amongst the gore stuck to his face. "I wouldn't know," he spat, "dead likely. Maybe I killed them." He held his posture over his kill and waited for his perceived foe to make a move  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:51 pm
Two Tone did not let the menacing look of the pup deter him. He continued his stride forward, ignoring the blood staining the bright coat. The red eyes of his were something too.

The male snorted at the spat. "Did you now? And, if you did happen to kill them, tell me young one, how did you manage to do that? Did you use those sharp puppy teeth of yours?" The male snapped his jaws, comparing his to the much younger child's. Or the hook claws you have?" He shifted his paws in the dirt, the thicker nails digging into the terrain.

"That would be quite a feat for one of your size to accomplish after all."  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

The Moshmonster

Timid Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:01 pm
Moonlit Snowfall tried to hold onto his composure as Two Tone snapped his jaws, flinching ever so slightly, "I'm stronger than I look," his voice faltered and a shudder flew down his spine as he glanced down at the elder's nails digging their trail through the ground before him.

He puffed out his chest trying to remain intimidating but you could see his legs wavering beneath him after Two Tone's demonstration. "I've taken down deer twice your size, just me and the old one. A big buck! With antlers longer than you've seen!" his forepaws lifted from the ground momentarily with the final exclamation.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:50 am
Two Tone found a smirk growing on his maw, seeing the young pup tremble just slightly. It only faltered slightly when he said that he and the 'old one' had taken down a deer. Was that a parent of his? Maybe a guardian? The term, old one, did that mean he had expired and left the pup alone out in the realm? Sometimes the lands weren't as friendly as they appeared.

"Ah, sounds like you may have brought down the King of the Forest by your description." A deer with a large rack of antlers 'longer' than one 'had ever seen', surely had to be the equivalent of an alpha wolf in the deer world, right?

The alpha shook his head, needing to get down to the ultimate question. "And where is the old one you speak of?" He asked with his head tilted.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

The Moshmonster

Timid Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:27 am
Moon eyed Two Tone as he smirked, unsure of what to expect from him. He truly was larger than any wolf Moonlit had come across, even discounting the albino's smaller stature.

"It must have been," he replied trying to control his voice, he was more uneasy now with Two Tone's questioning. He'd never had long dialogues and it made him unsure of how to respond.

Moon's red eyes went wide for a moment with the alpha's question. He shook his head, looking away from Two Tone, "I dug out the soft earth as we'd done for his mate. He's next to her now, one with the ground," he looked back, a flicker of sorrow in his eyes that quickly returned to feigned confidence.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:09 pm
Two Tone ears pinned back for a moment. It was evident he understood the meaning that Moon's words. The small pup was on his own now.

A small sigh left his maw. This kid looked to be about Clay's age, maybe a bit older?

"What's your name, kid?" Two Tone asked, sitting just before the male, his fluffy tail curling around his front paws. "I am Two Tone." The look of sorrow was not missed in the short lapse of the albino's eyes. "Do you like being out here alone? Hunting alone, or scavenging?" Maybe he didn't even take down this kill, and had stumbled across it.

"While I have no doubt of your skills," well, he probably did, but he kept his tone neutral, to not dissuade the younger male, "one should have an adult in their life, to help them if needed. Would you be interested in traveling with me? There's a boy probably your age that resides in the dens, and once you are much older you can test what you have learned on your own?"  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

The Moshmonster

Timid Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:12 pm
Moon sat after Two Tone did, feeling mildly more at ease. He pawed idly at the rabbit between his feet as he listened to the alpha speak. "I am Moonlit Snowfall," he replied, nodding in respect for Two Tone. "I hunt well alone. That's how I've always been."

His brow furrowed at Two Tone's suggestion, he wasn't yet sure if he trusted the male but surviving as a group was much easier as he had learned with the Old One. He looked down at his rabbit, which was dissatisfying compared to what he used to take down with the Old One's help. "I should probably join you and this boy, hunting is easier when more paws are present. Maybe," he paused and stood before letting out a small stretch and yawn, "maybe I could teach you two a few things."

He picked up his kill and looked at Two Tone, ready to travel.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:17 pm
Moonlilt Snowfall. Part of Two Tone was curious if the pup had given the name to himself, or if his parents or guardians done so. It definitely matched his pelt. Two Tone was use to snow fall. "Well, hunting alone is fine and dandy for a bit, but you can learn hunting with a pack has more benefits. Instead of catching hare, let's upgrade your catch to a deer, or something that can fill you for days, hmm?" His head tilted his head, smirking when he had said he could teach him things.

Oh, the confidence of pups was simply amazing.

"Sure kid." Two Tone grinned, rising back to his haunches as Moon picked up his kill. He turned away from the pup, heading in the direction towards the pack's den, occasionally glancing back to make sure he was still following.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

[Location] The Bluestone Mountains

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces