Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Roleplayer Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for every roleplayer to become a better roleplayer. 

Reply Out Of Cookies
Future Drabbles VR Quests Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 7:43 pm
Toby winced as he barely missed the latest hammer slam. More of a large thing that could squish him, he was going to kill Liam. Most likely Liam or one of the lackies under Liam programed this quest and made it hard. It was possible for a beginner to do if they had proper equipment which usually meant they had to be super lucky and get it from others or super rich and outright buy it. For him he had to pay Liam a ******** large amount for the equipment, Liam stared at him at the request but when asked for the payment of course Toby cursed at him but paid in the end in game, he knew he would have to. The specific items and Enchantments he wanted on them he could do himself it was just Liam was a lot quicker and his usually ended up with better results. He was still lower level at this time to do this quest but he knew he could do it, and the possible rewards at the end would be worth it. He caught his breath ignoring the loud hammering noise behind him and turned to look up at the next obstacle. Of course the hard way to get this particular man was a jump obstacle. ”Saws… really original…” Toby sighed and watched the pattern from them for a bit, with the enchanted items his stamina was that of someone twice his level, so it was possible for him to do it.

Of course Toni had heard of his spending and asked what he was doing and made sure he had healing potions. He shook his head at the thought, most of his inventory at the moment was stacks of healing potions, did she expect him to die the whole quest? Well, he had already had to use one stack, ”God damn Dungeon Troll.” He really was going to strangle whoever coded this route. This was to get the assassin class ability so he knew it was supposed to be difficult but not insane. He was a Ninja class right now which had a assassin ability but the Assassin Class had more skills available. He had watched enough to get the gist of the pattern and started forward. He jumped once, paused and waited, jumped again and repeated. The next was a bit trickier as the platform ahead rotated and was just large enough for him to jump on. He was able to jump to it fine but just as he landed the rotation sped up and he was barely able to keep his balance. Yeah he definitely was going to strangle whoever coded this. He closed his eyes so he wouldn’t get dizzy and slowed his breathing to calm himself. The saws were different enough that each made a different sound so he opened his eyes enough to see which was making what sound. The one he need to go through was more of a table saw sound which was likely the reason it resembled two table saws. The one behind made a swish back to back, being to large axes.

He was right near the end so this was the last one he had to make it through. He waited and was finally able to get the pattern but then the rotation decided to change direction. Ok, scratch the strangling, he was going to punch whoever coded this in the face. He waited again but at a shorter period and finally had to do a back flip to get through the blades at a decent timeframe. He landed with a slide as he had to maneuver his body slightly to avoid the blades. Did they just speed up as he went through them? Seriously, he was going to punch someone. He stood up and looked back with a glare, yeah the person who coded this was definitely not someone he liked at the moment. There was the possibility this was a random generated by some of the smarted boss AIs that Liam had implemented into the game in which that case he was going to punch Liam for sure. As he walked towards where he needed to he found himself staring at a dead end. ”Now what?” He was just barely looking up as something pulled him up. He had noticed a bit of light above him so figured he had to go up but wasn’t sure how but now he was speeding upwards at a dangerous rate. He flew through the opening and was trying to figure out ways to slow down when he realized he was about to slam into the ceiling. He reoriented himself so he was facing the new down and crouched so he wouldn’t slam and break something on impact.

He landed and still fell on his a** and grunted but took barely any damage. Most likely anyone else who wasn’t used to gravity change would’ve been highly damaged. He looked down and noticed a old man talking to other people, some were players who looked up at his loud grunt and took a step back when they noticed him on the ceiling. The old man waved back to them to get their attention and ignored Toby. As they finished the few players that didn’t notice him looked up to see what the others had and as all left the old man turned finally to look at Toby. He blinked a bit in surprise, probably noting that Toby was already reoriented and not heavily damaged by that little trap. ”Now what old man? I made it through the death traps and this, what other sh*t are you going to make me do?” The old man smiled at Toby’s bluntness and then grinned. Toby winced at the grin and sudden fall to the floor. He didn’t have enough time to move his body into another position and came down with a loud thud. ”Ugh… moth…” He started but then was instantly silenced with some spell. He could see the debuff on his HUD but couldn’t do anything.

”Such a daring boy, coming up behind me and trying to kill me.” Toby took the time and was able to stand finally. He winced a bit noting the fifteen percent damage the first slam did and the ten the second did, down a quarter just by that. He had made it through everything else fine but that gravity bullsh*t was what ended up doing the most damage. He glared at the man in front him. Konzu was technically his name but the aura he was putting out now made Toby want to flee so he knew this man wasn’t exactly who he said he was. Toby had a few items that gave him more willpower so he was able to withstand the initial attack until a sudden aura blast from the man sent him to his knees. He winced at the fall and was getting up but paused as the man was now right in front of him. ”Who are you traveler? You’re not a normal player I can tell that much. You went through the quest, and maze easily.” The man lifted Toby’s head up to get a closer look at him. Toby couldn’t move and wanted to deck this guy. Apparently Konzu was a Smart AI, go figure, the one quest he was trying to do and his somewhat contact was one of THOSE. He knew know that he was going to deck Liam when got done with this s**t. Toby just glared at the man and grinned not saying anything. The man pulled his sword out and swung it at Toby and stopped just at Toby’s neck. Toby didn’t even flinch as he heard the blade chopping the air near him.

”Just as I thought. Not afraid to die.” The man sheathed the sword and looked Toby over again and forced him up. Toby winced under the pressure and glared at the old man. He could swear the aura was trying to get at him and was blocking it easily enough. ”You’ve already faced death and a great loss. You welcome death, and run your life with risk and no care for it.” Konzu shoved Toby back to the floor but in a sitting position now. Toby sat silently for a long time as the old man studied him a bit then sat down in front of him. ”So you can’t leave. There’s that option but you want something. I’ll only give you cooperation if you answer my question.” Toby could tell that what was said was true, he was under some gravity force spell and couldn’t move. He could log out but the second he logged back in as this character he would be here. The man smirked at him as he thought of this and Toby shook his head. His thoughts were scrambled at the moment. What the old man said about how he ran his life lately hit him hard and he had to calm his mind to even think. He finally was able to think enough to flash his true eyes and a bit of his main aura at the man. The man blinked a bit but didn’t startle much, seemed more confused than anything. ”A Creato…” ”No…barely.” ”Still, someone of your stature, having this…”

Toby glanced away and down, he didn’t want to talk about this and not to a game AI. Then something hit him, the aura the man had given off. ”I couldn’t kill you if I tried right?” The man smirked as Toby looked back at him. ”What gave it away?” ”Your aura, I’ve felt one similar once. War. He was…” ”An a*shole?” They both laughed at the same time and Toby nodded. Toby thought for a moment he figured by the way the man spoke and his abilities that could be given. ”You’re Death aren’t you?” The man nodded but didn’t change his form. Toby knew they could do that. War had in front of him, hence the reason the guy was an a*shole, Toby barely made it out of there alive and even as his main. They all still had access to their powers as this form but in their actual form the strength and area of effect were more. The man sighed but then looked over, ”Why weren’t you fully disoriented by the gravity change?” Toby smirked at the memory of why. ”My family can do things in their head, much like a virtual world. My sister and cousins would play a game of anti-gravity tag or various ball games when we weren’t doing other things to see what we could come up with. Most of our family has played it in some form so I’m sure if I had that they wouldn’t be phased by it at all.” The old man grinned and placed his hand on Toby’s shoulder, he still couldn’t move and Toby felt a sudden pulse through him that made him wince but was gone just as sudden. New ability, Anti-Gravity He saw his HUD pull up in front of him and he felt the force around him release as he thought to clear the alert. ”Don’t have too much fun with that.” Toby smirked, "I'll try not to." ]b]"You're a Creator whether you say so or not, you yourself are much of a god here as I am." Toby shook his head but thought about it for a minute. "We have the power to create and destroy, but you have the power to grant abilities, I do not without cheating, I would rather US not be a Monarch group but one that helps balance control." The man smiled as they both stood and Toby was about to log off but turned to him. "Would you mind if I returned? I feel that we could talk a bit." "Any time, and next time use the front door." Toby smirked and walked out remembering he would need to be out of the building to fast travel to his base before he could log out and did so.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:32 pm
Toby had been traveling with a group of newer players, while they weren’t complete noobs that Liam would kill for fun they weren’t veterans of gaming that leveled quickly and used known loopholes to do so. They hadn’t patched all of them keeping a few open so people that found them could still use them, half the time they weren’t easy to spot or do but once they were it was easy to duplicate. The super easy loopholes were the ones they patched quickly. They wanted players to take the time to level and do the quests and story, though they left some of the quicker ways to level. He had hid his true level so most thought that he was just a few levels above them, though his knowledge of the game was getting him into trouble so he had decided to shut up after a while. There was a few that kept looking at him, he was his main so his actual looks were his own so if they knew of him they’d know but he kept under a full dark cloak that hid his face. Luckily he had acquired one that had that ability even in direct light. At that point a few had asked why he kept to the shadow of his cloak and he just smiled since only his lower face was showing. He frowned as a familiar cat walked up to the group. A few wanted to kill it which Toby just glared at them. The cat glared at them as they commented and that shut them up. ”Yo is this a smart cat or something?” ”Worse.” Toby said as he lowered to glare at the incarnation of Death.

The cat just smirked at Toby as the other players expressions varied at the byplay. ”What the f*ck are you doing here?” He was amused as a few of them just blinked at him talking to the cat and more so as a few of them stepped back when Konzu replied. ”I was bored and decided to see what you were doing.” ”Holy f*ck where did you find a talking cat?” ”I found him.” Toby laughed at shook his head at Konzu not really wanting to go into details. ”He TRIED to kill me and lost.” Toby turned back and glared at Death who just well tried to smirk but it just looked odd on a cat. ”Wait you lost a fight to a cat?” Toby sighed and shook his head, ”No this is a… well this particular AI can inhabit more than one NPC at a time, his main is f*cking powerful, but don’t let his cat body trick you either.” He hadn’t seen Konzu use abilities as the cat but they had been in situations that would kill normal noobs and the so called CAT had merely walked out of after Toby without a scratch. ”God damned cat…” Toby muttered under his breath but the cat still glanced over at him.

”HELP! The female shout made everyone including Toby turn towards a female looking elf who was being chased by about ten other players with various degrees of menace on their faces. Toby frowned and looked down at Konzu but he was still looking at the girl. The guild name under the other players made Toby glare, he had hear of the guild from Liam, player killers, they were lucky Liam wasn’t here he’d just outright kill them in a blink, though Toby had a feeling that someone was watching and most likely alerting Liam to the situation. Toby stepped to the front of the group quickly and put the girl behind him. The other group stopped and glared at him but soon grinned, noticing the lower level of the other players behind Toby. Konzu sent him a mental message, saying he was sharing his abilities. Toby blinked as a small bit of the power rushed into him. The other players still didn’t seem to notice and the leader was walking up to Toby with a confident stride. ”Who the f*ck are you, little noob?” Apparently someone turned off Toby’s player name display so he still showed as a player but they couldn’t see his name just his supposed stats. What was Liam’s team up to? Liam just smirked and watched as the players behind him started gearing up for what they thought was a easy fight. ”Thayne, take the girl and keep her safe.” Toby spoke to the one who questioned him about losing the fight. ”You’re not really going to fight them all on your own are you?” Thayne asked quietly as Toby motioned for the girl to go to him, Toby just grinned.

He finally lifted his head letting the sh*thead see his eyes, which were glowing and giving off power. ”The f*ck?” It wasn’t odd to see but the fact that they were two different colors probably made it a bit more eerie. ”James… that’s…” ”So you like player killing, you’re lucky you didn’t run into my cousin.” Toby finally lowered his hood. A few of the people behind gasped, Thayne just cursed, he was one of the ones who kept questioning Toby. James still didn’t understand Toby looked up and his name finally appeared above him and his full stats. ”You never know who you’ll run into, like me, Tobias, ONE of the creators. Now had you ran into Liam, you’d already be dead, he doesn’t take kindly to your type.” ”You don’t ban us though.” ”Because pvp IS allowed, we just don’t like higher players killing noobs as sport.” ”Its still ten against one, if you’re going to take us on by yourself bucko.” The idiot leader said with a confident smirk. ”James, I’ve seen hi…” ”Kyle, shut the f*ck up and use my game name.”

Kyle was most likely referring to Toby’s streams to which as this character he had easily tanked more than double what the other players were dealing with in his party. If Liam let him the two of them in the times they streamed took on a whole boss by themselves plus the other enemies, in which if that was what he was referring to, Kyle was right to be worried. They didn’t even use admin rights and just use full out abilities to fight fairly. Toby smirked even more as James took a step forward not listening. A few of the other people in the group looked at Kyle in understanding and were backing down. Toby more so understood what to do with a glimpse of a memory from Konzu. He simply stepped forward and touched James instantly paralyzing him. ”See, what I mean by Creator, is CREATOR. Meaning, I F*CKING HELPED MAKE THIS GAME.” James blinked at Toby as Toby got in his face. ”People like you, underestimating people or killing for sport ruin it for other people. No I won’t ban you but I’m teaching you a lesson.” He froze James to the spot with his elemental ability easily in a blink. ”Thayne what do you know about me, my character that is?” ”I know from stories that you took a long time, days training to control all elemental abilities at a low level, which is unheard of and you didn’t even use any cheats, just your mental control and own stamina.” Now James was looking worried as the ice started spreading up his legs even though Toby wasn’t even looking at him when it started to.

”And Kyle, I’ve heard of your guild from Liam. One of you always records right?” Kyle simply gulped but nodded in replied. Toby was recording but he wanted another point of view for this. Most likely there would be multiple, ”I assume James most likely bullied the rest of you to do this since I know his type. This one time I’m letting you off the hook if you walk away after.” He was sure Liam would yell at him for this but he wasn’t here for now. James looked like he was finally not stunned but stayed quiet, still glaring at Toby though. Toby just smirked, ”Your teammates had the right idea of standing down when one of them pointed out who I was, you stupidly thought I was just some other player.” Toby was about to finish him off when he felt something and quickly stepped back before another presence was right in his face. ”We meet again Tobias.” Toby gritted his teeth as War came right up in his face. ”Are you pushing this guild around and plotting their moves a*****e?” ”And if I am?” War finally noticed Death and smiled. ”Seems like my brother is pushing you around is he not?” Toby closed his eyes to keep from bluntly attacking the guy, he liked to cause issues, that was his goal. ”Actually no.” ”The f*ck is he talking about Toby?” Thayne was the first to finally break from War’s overpowering aura and glare at Toby. War smirked at Thayne and pointed at Death. ”This cat, the AI controlling him is my brother Death. You haven’t told them yet either of you? How fun.”

Toby’s eyes narrowed as he felt Konzu push a tad more power into him. I’m weaker in this form, War could easily kill me, you’ll have to be my Avatar for now. ”And now he’s explaining his current form is weaker, and he’s too far to teleport to it right now. I could probably kill him easily but you’re not going to let me are you… BOY.” At this War pulled his battle sword out and pointed it at Toby waiting. ”He’s… ”War… and a a*shole] Toby used the power Konzu had given him to center his focus even more and drew his own swords. While he primarily used one with this class most of his were dual wielding. ”War, death… as in…” ”The Horseman. We may want to step back quite a bit.” Konzu answered for Toby getting to the group and making them move just by a glare. ”You think you can take me on again boy?” ”I don’t just train here, I’ve had years of training.” Before he could attack War sent a fireball at Toby but Toby was already watching for it and in the air with his air magic he used a combination of air and fire magic to make a strong lightning bolt fly at War while in mid air.

War easily dodged it but that was more so a distraction. Toby threw a few fireballs in the direction he figured War was going and managed to surprised the man and make him work for a change. ”What did he me other than here?” He heard Thayne question. ”From talking with him, his family trains heavily and not just guns, but various other weaspons.” ”I thought that was just a myth. I mean besides his parents being cops and such.” ”Apparently not.”  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:48 am
War (Battle Armor)= http://fav.me/dbr315r
Toby Berserk mode: https://wallpapers.wallhaven.cc/wallpapers/full/wallhaven-35663.jpg
Death (Battle Armor): http://fav.me/d6zz8vb | Cat: http://pm1.narvii.com/6001/b4086293a2dde4787bf4f2f62087b926909270f8_hq.jpg
Zane : https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/heroes-of-camelot/images/a/a9/ZadkielTheFreeT1.png/revision/latest?cb=20160519191058
Toni: https://i.imgur.com/gK4mT4H.jpg
>>
War kept Toby moving and while the area was large the two groups had to keep moving occasionally to get out of the way of blasts. Finally Toni popped in and just glared at Death and rolled her eyes at the group. ”Really, full out battle going between two idiots and tons of collateral damage in a nature area that has OUR alarms blaring and you lot are just here f*cking watching?” ”You’re…” ”No sh*t… I swear to f*ck I’m killing Liam’s admin’s if they don’t teleport you to safer area NOW.” Just as she said that the group, besides death disappeared. ”I was having a conversation.” ”Shut up you annoying cat.”

>
Zane had been aware something was going on as he got an alert on his phone about weird vitals from Toby while in VR but he wasn’t sure to the extent, when he got to the apartment Toni was livid, tossed a spare VR helmet at him then went to log in. ”Fine I’ll just check on Toby then.” When he had gotten to the room he noticed Toby had a monitor hook up to his VR for streaming and checked what was on it and frowned, he was fighting some… thing. Didn’t explain why his heart rate was so god damn high. He wanted to throw the VR off but knew that could be dangerous so instead got a shot out and found a vein then thought about how Toby would be pissed about it later, shook his head and gave it to the boy anyway. ”Not letting the idiot die from a heart attack.” He wasn’t sure why Toni had given him the other VR until he realized she wanted him to log in and help. ”God damn it, well at least my character isn’t base anymore. “ He sat down on one of the spare chairs and logged in popping in next to Toni.
>>
Toby felt something hit him but War wasn’t near him and he faltered for a second which was enough for War to get up and close and get him in a choke hold. Toby gritted his teeth as he felt the power that had ebbed come back into him. War had still manage to get the upper hand, ”Need a girl and a Angel to back you boy?” Toby looked over to where Death would be and saw Toni and now Zane there and realized what must have happened and he glared at Zane. ”YOUR HEART WAS GOING OUT OF CONTROL I HAD TO! NOW STOP FIGHTING STUPIDLY AND CALM THE F*CK DOWN AND FIGHT SMART!” ”Taking lessons from him?” Toby was about to give up but Death sent him a mental image and smirked. ”Nope, he’s my doctor. My fighting instructors are a bit more trained.” Toby felt himself changing as his character transformed, something he wasn’t aware they could do. A message popped into his HUD and he smirked at it after the energy blast from the change sent War stumbling back a bit. ”New mode unlocked, As a boon from Death: Berserker.”

Zane barely heard Toby’s reply to War and was about to reply with something witty but paused as some energy started to change the boy. ”That cant be good.” ”GOD DAMN IT YOU IDIOT CAT!” Toni was turning around to glare at the cat that was there when Zane popped in but now it was nowhere to be seen. ”I’ll f*cking find you and end you if this harms him Death.” Zane looked to Toni puzzled. ”The cat is Death, Toby is fighting War. Yes as in the horsemen. I’m so going to yell at some coders after this.” ”Well… I may have to join you. If Toby doesn’t kill them first.” ”I’m more worried about our dad going on a warpath…which is odd since the interactions I’ve seen of War, he reminds me a bit of Dad, the coder has some explaining to do.” Zane just frowned and sighed. ”If you’re watching, said coder. Get Liam f*cking here now, I don’t care what you have to do, grab him out of class yourself if you have to, or send Lexa.”  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:34 am
>
Zane actually popped out shortly after and was able to get the teachers number from the schedule he had for Liam. Of course when he forced the call to go through the instructor was a bit pissed and seemed like she was already about to yell at someone. ”How the hell did you get this number and how the hell did you get the call to go through?” ”Ask the Uncle of the student you were about to yell at then tell said student to leave.” ”I can’t just…” ”I’m guessing he hasn’t been paying attention like normal which is why you were going to yell at him. I already sent you a note so go ahead and tell him to leave, Doctors orders. Yes I’m that Doctor, take it up with Jenny if you really want to. Got to go… bye.” ”You cant just…” In said classroom the instructor was now glaring at Liam and his class was probably staring making him uncomfortable. ”Liam… leave, now.”

>>
Popping back in Zane sighed as the fight continued, making the area around them into more craters. ”Emergency call?” ”No I figured Lexa would take her sweet a*s time getting her brother her so I did it. He’s going to kill me, then most like his parents afterward.” ”Have fun with that.” ”Had to be done, even if the kid knows what is going on he has to deal with it fast before your father finds out about THIS.” Just as he spoke it Toni sighed and shook her head. ”Mom just messaged me, she’s stuck with a case at work and can’t get off early.” ”Knowing how your parents have tempers I’m sure if she didn’t have rules someone would’ve been shot by now.” ”Actually that was in her text, I just didn’t want to say that part. At least she controls hers better.”

As if to prove the mental left out of The males in our family don’t She heard Toby yelling and cursing then both of them had to dodge a blast from him that War barely dodged. ”HEY FRIENDLY FIRE IDIOT!” ”STOP GAWKING AND HELP OR F*CK OFF!” ”Ok… fine.” ”Zane…” Before Toni could say anything Zane changed into his own battle mode and charged at War catching he and Toby both off guard. ”F*cking idiotic AI piece of sh*t come at me.” War just grinned. Toby drew in a bit more energy and elemental power and formed a full flame sword making the grin disappear as he smacked the man a mile away with one blast. ”Where the f*ck did he go.” ”Toby blasted him, probably knocked over a building by the sounds of it.” And before they both could say anything Toby was gone in a blink and left them in a whirlwind of dust. ”I hope he can’t do that mode all the time.” ”No, only when in dire battle conditions.” Toni whirled at the voice and found Death staring at them and she rushed him quickly before the cat could escape again and grabbed him. ”DO YOU MIND?!” ”Whatever you did made his vitals go insane, Zane had to give him a shot so he didn’t have a heart attack. I’m going to f*cking end you.” ((imagine the interrogation of the Dog scene from MIB XD ))  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:46 pm
Of course! Of all days for s**t to go down, it had to be the day Lexa was not at the Tower. She wasn’t skipping this time, she actually didn’t have class, so she decided to take a trip out with some friends. How could she have possibly known that something fun was going to happen back home without her!

It was Liam that texted her a short message that just said “Get in game quick.” Liam did have class today, which made her wonder just what in the world was going on that he’d break his own policy of not texting during class to tell her to get in game. She apologized to her friends for the “family emergency” and floored it home.

Liam had been keeping an eye out on some game logs since getting the ping from Konzu. It was a lab day in class so Liam had his laptop out anyway. Not like he hadn’t already finished the assignment they were working on, so it gave him time to keep an eye on what was happening. Though he couldn’t see it visually, he’d have to have the headset for that at least, he could tell by the logs that things were going sour fast. Of course of all the people Toby had to run into while playing the game it had to be that group he was infiltrating with a separate character. Well if they were going to fight… Might as well give the boy a small advantage. Liam used a console command to hide Toby’s name and waited for the responses to fly. Liam was almost touched Toby was warning them about him, revealing the name and stats at the right time.

Of course the teacher happened by around then and noticed Liam was working on something other than classwork. After being promptly scolded about using school time wisely, Liam waited for the teacher to be gone before pulling the logs back up again. There was something wrong. First off, Konzu wasn’t supposed to connect with player characters. And of course Secondly War showed his ugly face. Liam sighed heavily, quickly hiding the logs again as the teacher walked by. He had been made aware recently of some of the Smart AI doing things that weren’t exactly normal so he’d been investigating. And he didn’t like the few things he had found so far.

The teacher lingered close to Liam for far too long so by the time he looked back to see how things were going, he noticed Toni had logged in. He winced at her words, it was true those two groups probably shouldn’t be in that area and quickly teleported them out. It wasn’t as if the team was aware of what was going on right now… well at this point they would be considering the errors coming up in this log. The game wasn’t ready for Toby and War to fight all out like this… at least not with this version of War. In the admin chat, Liam started messaging the team to try and clear out players as quick as they could. A server crash at this point would be devastating and they still weren’t entirely sure what the effects would be from something like that on the unsuspecting players. For now, they stopped anyone new from logging in that wasn’t admin ranked, giving them a message that the game was down for unexpected maintenance. That same lie was fed as an announcement to the players in game. It worked to thin out the crowd some though as expected not everyone quit the game. Mostly hardcore players that usually waited until the last possible second to log out before planned maintenance. Their presence wasn’t affecting anything so the team decided to leave them be for now.

Liam frowned, turning his attention back to the group. Zane and Toni were talking about him… of course. Didn’t they know he was in class? And that he was watching them this whole time. He was going to message Toni about it but unfortunately his teacher caught him again. ”Liam Jones…” Only to pause as her phone rang loudly. ”How the hell did you get this number and how the hell did you get the call to go through?” Liam glanced over at the log, noticing Zane had logged out. Of course. He was going to kill him. Everyone was staring at him, which wasn’t that odd. ’”Ple…” ”Liam… leave, now.” ”But…” There was no use arguing. And honestly he would be more help in the game than out of it. ”Fine…I’m going to kill you, Zane… The last part he muttered under his breath as he packed his things and rushed out the door.

Liam made it home just as Lexa did. ”So? Something exciting is happening isn’t it?” ”Just get in game and tp to Toni, she can explain the rest. Tell them I’ll be there soon, I have something else to take care of in game first and I’ll be there shortly.” Lexa had a gleam of excitement in her eye. ”Aye, aye!” And then she was gone. Liam exhaled softly. He wasn’t even sure this plan of his was going to work. Not like he had time to test it or anything.

Lexa did as she was told and hopped in the game, popping up right close to where Toni and Zane were standing. And Toni was… holding? Strangling? Shaking? A cat? She quickly made her way closer to the three, hearing the sounds of battle in the distance. ”What ever did that cat do to you that you feel the need to harm a defenseless creature, Toni? What a cute cat!~~” Lexa bounced the rest of the way to where Toni was, reaching out to pet the cat. ”Sorry it took me so long to get here… Apparently ‘family emergency’ isn’t enough of a reason to make traffic go any faster. Uh…” She paused, noticing the damage in the area. ”What is going on here anyway? Liam said he had something else to take care of in game real quick, then he should be here too.”

((Gonna break this up into two posties so if I don't happen to get the other part done tonight you still have something at least XD))

Lexa: x  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:02 pm
Liam logged on not long after Lexa, spawning in at a tiny town far off the beaten path. Most players had never been here as there wasn’t a quest that led here and those that had, didn’t think much of it. It was smaller than most towns and only really had a doctors office to buy medicine and get healed. Liam didn’t even wait his usual time to adjust to the game, ignoring the disorienting feeling in favor of quickly making his way towards the doctors. He got a ping from one of the team, Seth that just said: “Do you really think this will work?” Liam narrowed his gaze. Seth was the one Liam had asked to look over the logs to see why things were funky. He was the one that discovered the secret Smart AI update that had been pushed during one of the previous patches. It didn’t mean Liam trusted the dude, so he just ignored the message.

Liam paused just outside the door and took a deep breath. He wasn’t actually sure it was going to work, which was why he was here first. If something went wrong… At least Anton would be the easiest to fix. Before Liam could open the door to enter, it opened for him. ”Don’t worry Dr. Okawa! I got it taken care of!” The boy rushed out the door without looking forwards where he was going, waving behind him to the doctor who was just about to tell him to watch out. And ran right into Liam. He fell back on his butt. ”Ah! I...I’m s-sorry mister!” Liam sighed softly. The only one of the four not to have a clue who he was. Clumsy and, by the looks of the wrapping on his hand, accident prone. Liam rubbed the back of his head, trying to decide best how to deal with him. ”It’s alright. I hope you haven’t hurt yourself.”

Liam reached down and helped the boy up. ”N-n-no sir. Not any more than usual.” He kept his eyes lowered to the ground and fidgeted slightly. The elder man came up behind him to apologize, placing a hand on the boy’s shoulder before letting out a gasp and startling him into almost falling again. ”Sir! You… you are....” Ah right. Liam hadn’t cared to hide his identity. In all actuality it would probably speed up the process quite a bit. ”A creator!” The boy finished the sentence the man was trying to say. Liam nodded. ”What sir can we do for you, most honorable sir?” ”Please stop calling me sir. Just call me Liam if you don’t mind. I’m here for Anton.” The boy was shocked, staring at Liam’s face for a minute or two. ”But sir, is it really that time.” Liam shook his head. ”Not quite, but something has come up and I really need your help, Anton, if you’ll be so kind.” ”I… I don’t know how I could help one such as yourself, but I would be honored.”

Well that was easy at least. Now was the part that Liam was the most unsure about. He pulled a small cube from his inventory and held it out. The doctor left the two for now, a normal NPC had no reason to investigate further. Anton, however, was curious as expected. ”This cube is a very special cube. It will let you travel to a very special place. A place of your dreams.” It was hard to lie to the clueless boy like this, but he didn’t have any other choice. He was already worried what effect this would have on the AI, it was possible he might have to delete this interaction entirely to keep Pestilence dormant for now. The Smart AI were supposed to learn and develop on their own without the admins interfering.

”Alright, Mister Creator Liam Sir, what do I have to do.” Liam frowned at the name but didn’t comment on it. ”Place your hand here on the top and say the spell with me. Make sure you wish really hard for the place you want to be.” The boy nodded and did as he was told repeating the words after Liam and squeezing his eyes shut to wish as hard as he could. It was all just for show, the cube unfortunately took a few seconds to activate but it added to the lie Liam was selling here. Soon enough the boy was sucked into the cube. Liam held his breath before he heard the voice in his headset say Isolation Complete. He exhaled, relieved. That was one down. The next would be trickier, Liam was sure.

Liam Main
Anton: #F6A8B6  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:50 am
James had been having a very bad day indeed. First the night before he had slept like utter sh*t which was unusual for him then Aurelia had stuck him with training some new team. On top of that in the middle of the training Jack had called with an emergency telling him to drop everything and to go distract Topher, that was never a fun job. ”And to top that my clarvoyance did sh*t to warn me about today, what’s the point of having it.” ”What?” ”Nothing, just having a bad day.” ”What, don’t like hanging out with me anymore?” He had gone to Topher with the idea of going to their old pizza place by the old house. They hadn’t been in ages, and of course Topher was eating a whole damn pizza by himself. And they had to order one for Chris, otherwise she’d would kill them if she knew they went there and didn’t get her one. Hell he decided to just one for everyone that they liked, Jack was paying. Topher’s phone went off and he started looking at a text then frowned and then glared. Then went to something else and then glared at James, shoving a live video from apparrently Toby’s own stream. ”Mind explainng why the f*ck your distracting me from this?” ”Orders…” Topher glared and was about to get very pissed but a timely manager came with their other pizzas to go and James gave him the company card to run and waited.

”I bet if I call Tonya she already knows, jesus, why the f*ck do you keep sh*t from me?” ”Cause you’ll freak out.” ”You’re lucky we’re here and I like Mike enough to not make a scene in his place, otherwise…” The waiter came back and the owner Mike to thank them for the order and to thank Topher for coming back and to come back more often. He noticed something was up and motioned for the waiter to help carry the pizzas out to their car. James took half and followed the storming Topher to his car. As soon as they were in and James had closed his door Topher sped off before James could even get his seatbelt on. Back at the tower Topher skidded to a stop in the valet parking and James mentioned to have the pizza taken to the family’s floor for later and to leave it in Jack and Jenny’s kitchen. Everyone got out of Topher’s way as they made their way up Aurelia tried but just stopped as she saw Topher’s face and the slight shake of James head. They made it back to the appartment quickly and Topher went off in a swearing fit then. James peaked into Toby’s room and found Toby was still there and Zane, which was a good thing, though probably didn’t want Topher to know that. He remembered Jack giving him a new prototype tazer before the lunch and pulled it out as Topher stepped up to the door. ”THEY F*CKING LOCKED MY ACCESS. GET OUT OF MY W…” James zapped Topher and watched as Topher stiffened quickly with a slight shock (no pun intended) look on his face and then fell to the floor. ”As…” And then he was out. ”Eh well at least it works.” He noticed a sticker on the device that said “Plan B” and just smirked at Jack’s labels.

His phone went off with a text and he blinked at it, no sender just a message. ”The Angel and the Mother will need your help dealing with War. – Konzu.” Angel? What the f*ck? Well he recalled overhearing Zane complaining about how they stuck him with a Angel character and he couldn’t change him, and Mother would mean, that Tonya was most likely logging in somehow, even though she was stuck at work. The name Konzu was vaguely familiar, wasn’t that one of the Ais? He looked at the message again and it was gone. ”Not creepy at all.” Disappearing messages from a game AI that shouldn’t be able to send messages, something screwy was going on. He went back to Toby’s room and noticed that Toby had on a different headset than normal, ”Prototype?” The kids were always messing with sh*t lately so it wasn’t surprising. Though as he said this his brain kicked in and he had a vision, that was why it was happening, but it wasn’t supposed to be for Toby. He walked back into the other room and around Topher and found his headset and put it on. He hadn’t really created a character for the game yet he had a account but hadn’t really jumped in, always busy with security stuff. As he logged in he was instantly ported to the area with the others.
>>

”Isn’t there supposed to be some kind of character creation?” Toni had stopped shaking the Cat when Lexa appeared and jumped hearing Jame’s voice and turned noticing he was stuck as a angel too. ”Why are you here.” ”I got a message from someone named Konzu.” Toni glared at the cat and was about to strangle it again but the cat squirmed out of her grasp and lept to Lexa. ”That’d be me.” James was going towards what sounded like a fight and stopped as the cat spoke. ”Yes, yes, annoying talking cat. If you’re here because of him then we need to help Toby.” ”And Tonya… though…” James was looking around for her just as she popped in cursing. ”MOM!” ”I’m breaking so many rules, no time, where the f*ck is that a*hole and Toby?” Toni pointed towards the sound of fighting and just before Tonya, James and Zane ran off Tonya’s sword changed and James was changed into another battle Angel. ”The sword is your normal sword but will only change when my kind is nearby and have more power, hopefully your nephew will allow it to stay. James and Zane, you’ll have to shield the blast so that War doesn’t go flying off. Liam is containing us. You can’t kill War Tonya.” Tonya’s eyes narrowed at the cat but she didn’t question the talking thing, ”You know a lot about us.” ”Blame Toby, and my being a curious old man in my original form, which will soon be trapped.”

Tonya simply nodded, she didn’t have the time to go though everything right now and the three ran off. Toby was in a decent battle with War keeping good pace but when they got up and started all attacking the man it changed the battle. ”Mom?” ”Less talking more fighting…” They had managed to knock War off a bit and at this comment War laughed. ”Need your mommy to come rescue you boy?” Toby gritted his teeth and faced off with War. ”Wait behind me.” The three nodded as Toby walked up and drew a lot of power. War grinned then rushed him. A loud boom could be heard for miles as they collided and Toby was sent flying but Zane used a shield ability he was hoping to keep both in the area but only managed to keep War tied down. The man looked like hell as he stood back up and smirkd at the three. ”No more Tobias.” Tonya glared and stepped up. ”Just me a*shole.” She drew her longer and wider sword and War looked at it and smirked. ”What are you going to do with that? I’m a GOD, you can’t kill me.” ”You’re bleeding you know. And this.” As War was distracted to look, which he was actually bleeding Tonya moved the sword to smack him right in the face with the flat end so hard even Toni heard it. Apparently the last blast from Toby had taken enough from War that being smacked in the head knocked him out, still Zane used one of his skilled to pull thick vines from the ground and wrap the man, then put three layers of shields on top of him until Liam could get here.

Toby was unconscious for a bit but regained it while in mid air only to land on something, well someone as he heard a groan underneath him and someone laugh nearby. ”TOBY! Toni helped him up awkwardly as his newer bezerker form was a bit bulkier to deal with than normal. He looked down and noticed Liam lying where he landed, ”Oh sh*t… Are you ok?” ”Why haven’t you changed back to normal?” ”I… don’t know how to.” ”Liam will have to with a admin command, Toni could but Liam probably knows exactly what command already. Then when you call apon it again it should revert after battle, the first transformation is always the hardest.” ”Wings are annoying… I know why Zane complains so much, but flying is not bad.”
||

Konzu was working on a few things before it would be time. He figured something was going to happen. As he worked he let his partial self in the cat form keep track of what was going on with the fight. What was interesting was the Angel person, actually gave off the vibe of an Angel to Konzu, or someone of healing powers. He was working on a modified sword for Tonya, the boy’s mother as he had a feeling she’d appear. By verbal accounts most likely they wouldn’t let his father in for fears that he’d destroy everything to kill War. His mother on the other hand would deal with war effeciently. He set a few modifications on the sword hoping that Liam would allow it for later or at least if not it wasn’t such a power draw from him that it wouldn’t be woth the loss of it. His internal alarm went off for someone naring the temple and he sent the sword off into the inventory area so he could port it to Tonya from the cat form. He was half tempted to put up a good fight but giving the boon to Toby had weakened him and in the spirit of everything that happened he wanted to show that he wasn’t actually broken. Though if he didn’t attempt something the Creator would be suspicious so he quickly put out all the lights as he heard footsteps and put up dark barriers to make it harder to get to him. ”Iis it that time Creator?” He said, but his voice would seem like it was coming from everywhere.

He waited for Liam to get through the smallish maze and sighed when the footsteps were closer. ”You made me older, hence I have a more curious outlook to this world. You’ll have to forgive me if I overstepped my boundaries.”  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:59 pm
Lyll: #9966CC

Liam was sure this would be the second hardest horseman to trap. She was the most recent to become ‘aware’, and though Liam had never interacted with her before, he had heard of her exploits. Unfortunate that her awakening happened so soon after the malicious update. Still her actions were fairly docile, even if they crossed just a bit of a line. Her location was also obvious. The Den of Thieves. Though the city wasn’t called that, it was what the players had dubbed it. It had some light gambling mechanics in some of the locations, a quick way to either win lots of money or lose what you have. (In game currency of course, Liam would never let people actually spend money on the game after they bought it.) Mostly though it was called that because many of the assassin and thieves quest lines came through this city at some point. Lyll would be here, Liam didn’t even have to check the logs to know it.

Liam took a deep breath before entering the local tavern. The chatter was a low hum which was good and only the barkeeper actually took time to notice him enter. Sure it would be slightly unusual to see one like Liam’s character around but people had done weirder. He scanned the room for signs of his target, but didn’t see her so he approached the bar carefully. ”What can I do for you sir?” A normal NPC then, which Liam expected. She could give out low level fetch quests but had no real need for any of the more advanced AI that could remember names and faces and such.

”I’m looking for Lyll. Know where I can find her?” The woman stopped to think for a moment before shaking her head. ”I don’t know, sir. Can I help you with anything else?” Fair enough, he hadn’t expected it to work like that. But he had a different reason for doing all of this anyway. ”No ma’am. Thanks.” He walked outside and leaned against the wall nearby and waited. As he expected there was a loud crashing sound from the upstairs area and several other noises that ended at the sound of a window opening and none other than Lyll herself dropping down from the roof in front of Liam. ”Oh holy hell, I thought you were someone else. Oh great Creator, whatever can I do for you.” She cooed sweetly as Liam approached, also moving closer to him. ”Can you not figure it out?” She crossed her arms. ”My siblings are doing something stupid.” ”See I knew you were smart.” She glared at him and he shrugged. ”Why involve me? I thought the idea was that we were supposed to be able to ‘do our own thing’ or whatever. Or is it something else…” Liam missed the gleam in her eye as she got right up close to his face, fingers walking up his characters chest. ”I can give you what you crave.” Liam pushed her back and she pouted. ”Why didn’t that work? Usually everyone is entranced by my spell by now… Unless...” Liam held up his finger. ”I’m an admin, do you really think your little tricks would work on me?” Not to mention Liam could see the subtle similarities between Lyll and Jenny. It was creepy more than anything. She shrugged. ”It was worth a shot.” There was a rumble, sounds of the fight were reaching even here. Liam quickly messaged Seth to tell him to give the players the 30 min warning for unplanned server maintenance. Hopefully the rest of the players would clear out. ”Now will you listen to what I have to say or not.”

Lyll didn’t respond right away but after a few moments she sighed. ”Fine. But if I don’t like it, I will leave.” Not that Liam was going to let that happen but he nodded anyway. ”There’s a problem. And it's not just that your brothers are being idiots, but more why they are being idiots. It affecting you too, even if you don’t realize it yet.” It was unfortunate that Lyll happened to become aware after the malicious patch. It was one of the many reasons they had to fix this from the inside. ”And why is that my concern, Creator?” Very well, if she wasn’t going to play nice… ”Because right now War is fighting with Tobias. And I’m sure you and he know why you don’t mess with Toby. For your own safety, you’d better care. Unless you do want Uncle Topher to make his way in here and tear you limb from limb.” ”Fine, and pray tell how do I keep away from him then.” Good, she caught on quick. Liam pulled out the cube and she stared at it curiously.

”Isolation.” She backed up really quickly. ”W..Wh.. No. No way. I’m not doing it.” ”Listen. We can’t fix it from outside but we can’t exactly fix it from right here either. We need an isolated area that won’t negatively affect anything else if something goes wrong. Also because War is a p***k and would have to be isolated anyway. It's the fastest way and its a place Uncle Topher can’t get to so you’ll be safe.” Now she was starting to consider it. ”And you can guarantee he can’t get us from in there?” Liam nodded. ”Fine. Let's get this over with then.” He directed her the same way he had Anton, keeping up with the ‘spell’ only because he’d done it once already and it made more sense to continue with the trend.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:33 pm
The last one before War was the one Liam expected to be the easiest. Second only to Anton, but that almost didn’t even count. Death was the first. Someone thought it would be fun to have a little easter egg in the game. ”Wouldn’t it be cool if we just added Death as an NPC?” Liam thought the idea was kind of dumb at first but he also wasn’t the lore guy. And he had been working on something that would make this silly idea a lot more interesting. So the team decided that instead of just adding Death, they’d add all the horsemen as growing NPC’s. The protectors and changers of the world. And in order to do that, Liam proposed using his new project, the Smart AI. Most NPC’s in the world were simple, just animations that maybe had a line or two of dialog to show they existed in the world. Some more advanced AI gave quests but these Smart AI would be dynamic. Store keepers that would remember you and maybe give you a discount, Class trainers, who could sass you when you made a mistake. And at the highest level, the Horsemen. Able to look at the world and shape it as they pleased. The only ones with actual combat capabilities. Sure the Class trainers would be able to actually train but they would be weaker comparatively.

As they built the personalities of the AI, Liam and the team agreed that it would be better for them to start as normal NPC’s. They would have no knowledge of who they were and would be allowed to grow into the role as they learned and interacted with players. Except Death. Liam wanted at least one to look after the group, control them if need be. So Konzu was given the knowledge of who he was, but he would still be able to learn and grow with the others as well. The only thing kept from him was who they were. Their Avatars, their human forms at least, would be weaker than their full forms. Though it wasn’t entirely intended, even now they tend to keep their human forms secret from the others.

Konzu was exactly where Liam expected him to be. Very rarely did he ever leave the Temple. This was confirmed when Liam entered the building and the lights cut off. He navigated the maze quickly, it wasn’t really made to stop him. As he emerged from the maze and got closer to Konzu, the older man spoke again. ”You were created to watch and observe and do as you saw fit within the laws of this world. And you have helped my family. I hold no ill will towards you Konzu.” There was a bit of an unspoken yet that hung in the air between them. ”You are not to blame here but it is a fact that you and your siblings existence right now threatens this world. I’m sure you can feel it. Those small tremors that don’t come from the battle between War and Toby…” Liam wasn’t sure if the game would actually crash at this point but there was something else going on with the world. He hadn’t had a chance to actually completely go through the old Beta Code, but there were changes between that code used to update the Smart AI and the one he originally wrote.

Liam shook his head to clear out those thoughts. Not important right now. ”You are still keeping watch over the battle, correct? I will give you the option, either bring that part of you back here and we isolate you whole, or keep yourself separate and only this section of you will be isolated. Joining you back together will be easy, but it may be uncomfortable.” In the end, Konzu agreed to stay separated, apparently his cat half was also helping power Lexa’s binding spell. Good so they would hopefully have Keres pinned by the time he got there. Easier on him. Liam led Konzu through the stupid little chant to use the cube, though he didn’t meet with Konzu’s eyes during it, knowing it was stupid and the AI probably knew it was unnecessary. At the very least he humored the boy without complaint. Now for the fun part.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:48 pm
Lexa turned the same as Toni did. ”James! Nice of you to finally join us!” Lexa had a habit of pestering anyone who would listen into joining the game. Lexa caught the cat in her arms, giving it gentle scratches just behind the ears. ”And Aunt Tonya! Wow things must be really bad if you are joining us too.” Konzu took his time to explain a few things to the group and they all rushed towards where the two were now.

Lexa stayed back as the others took charge into the fight. Though Lexa did have a sword, she was more equiped for long range magical damage. She lifted the cat and let him choose to sit on her shoulder or head and pulled out her sword. ”Hey cat? Are you still powering the others? I mean, do you still have mana left? Because…” She ran her hand long her flat of her sword, activating the runes hidden there. Even though her class was Spellsword, they had to use enchanted equipment. Either they became best friends with one to get things discounted or learned a few tricks themselves. Lexa had done a bit of both. ”Toby’s ability is to piss people off, Liam has his copy ability and I… Well I can take strength from others to give my spells a boost.” She stuck her sword in the ground and a spell circle expanded outward around her. ”Toni! Make sure they keep him busy!” She closed her eyes afterwards, concentrating on the spell she was going to cast. With a deep breath, she could feel the energies of those fighting, snagging little bits of their mana as she formulated the spell in her mind. There was something tricky about spell casting, particularly binding spells.

When the moment was right and the spell was done, Lexa opened her eyes and drew her sword from the ground, pointing it at the now fallen War. ”Spell, I command you, Bind.” It was much stronger than any binding spell she’d done before now, having taken more energy from War to power it fully. Added to the things already in place to tie him down, War wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon. Lexa exhaled softly and sheathed her sword again, turning around as Konzu let out a laugh.

Liam was glad to finally be getting to where everyone else was waiting. After dealing with Konzu he quickly tp’d to where the group would be, thankfully as the battle was ending. Unfortunately he happened to teleport right were one Toby was landing. The boy was a lot heavier in his new form and the momentum caused Liam to fall over as well. He heard a laugh from close by and then Toni’s voice. ”Can you get off of me… you are heavy…” Thankfully Toni helped him up and Liam could breathe normally again. He glared over in Lexa’s direction and she just held her hands up in surrender. ”Wasn’t me dude.” His eyes landed on the cat and he sighed instead. ”Whatever…”

He stood and stretched, looking over Toby’s new form. ”See I could or I could just leave you like this and let you figure it out on your own. Perhaps as punishment for forcing me out of class.” The boy nodded, thinking it was a good plan. He waved to the others, though he was surprised to see Aunt Tonya and James in game. However not surprised to see James was also an angel class. As far as Liam knew, he’d never joined the game before so someone (he glanced over at Konzu slightly) forced him into that class. He’d probably let the man actually go through the normal beginning if he wished, instead of forcing him into the class like he had with Zane.

Currently it wasn’t a priority though. Time was crucial here. ”Aunt Tonya, James, Zane, Thank you for all your help.” Someone started to comment about his absence so he just pulled the cube from his inventory again. ”I was busy. That’s not important…” He was going to say something but there was a small tremor in the ground that made him pause. He wasn’t sure if the others felt it but Konzu sure did look at him. He was getting there… ”Hey Seth, give everyone the minute warning for server maintenance and when that minute is up, maintenance log them out like normal, kay?” He received confirmation from Seth. Good that was step one at least. Lexa tilted her head. ”What’s really going on Liam?” ”One of the updates we had a bit ago had some extra code in it, its only triggering now for a reason I haven’t quite put my finger on yet but it mostly only affected the Horsemen. There is a lot of strain on the server right now so for safety, everyone needs to log out. Toby, that’s double for you. If you don’t log out right now, I’ll force you out and you don’t want to deal with that headache.”

Toni forced him out anyway. At least Liam wasn’t going to get yelled at for it. ”Thanks again everyone. Toni, Lexa, I have just one more thing for you two.” ”Oh? Something fun I hope?” Liam gave her a disappointed stare. ”Lexa, There are a couple of people I want you to keep an eye on for me. Though the camera system.” ”Obviously…” Liam ignored her and turned to Toni. ”Toni, though we can’t really do much to change these AI from the outside, I need someone outside to help me push the update. Go to my office, shut the door behind you and no one should bother you. Call me when you get there and I’ll help you log in. Also if you could get security not to let anyone else in or out of the team’s office for now… Don’t want Toby or Uncle Topher getting in there and ruining anything and we don’t want the one responsible walking out the door. I have it narrowed down to a few but until I know for sure, everyone is still a suspect. Any questions?”

It was pretty self explanatory to Liam. Lexa did the dumb thing where she raised her hand to show she had a question but didn’t wait for a response before asking anyway. ”Uh, yea. What happens if the server does crash while you are still here?” ”I guess we’ll find out won’t we… It shouldn’t happen, everyone should be working to keep the server running, yes including the trouble maker. If they aren’t looking to get found out anyway. Trust me, I won’t be here long enough for it to be a problem.” Lexa nodded but she still didn’t like it.

There was a ding sound in Liam’s headset. ”Okay time to go. Konzu…” Liam plucked the cat from its perch on Lexa and walked over towards where War was still very trapped. He gave a little wave as he walked away. ”Don’t forget to log out or the Maintenance log out will get you!” Sure the Maintenance log out was less like being kicked (which could give you wicked headaches) but not as slow as logging out naturally so it still caused some issues with some players. He set the cube down on War’s chest and set the cat down next to it. ”Okay, you know how this goes. Paw on the cube…” Liam also placed his hand on it as well. He muttered the stupid unnecessary spell under his breath this time and soon the three of them disappeared inside the cube and it fell to the ground harmlessly.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:22 pm
Toby glared at Liam’s comment and frowned, he had a feeling that was what was going to happen but most likely he wouldn’t have the full out power like he had fighting war. ”I agree, your flying and fighting in that form were horrible.” ”I’m like a foot taller and much bulkier.” ”Means you need more practice.” Liam kept talking through his and Zane’s little conversation and Toby was about to put up a fight about logging out even though he knew if Liam was forcing maintenance he would have to but Toni apparently forced him out with a flick of her wrist. ”TO…” Tonya frowned at Toni and waited for Liam to finish, not one to be rude like Toby. ”Toni…” Toni shook her head and looked to Zane. ”Mom, Zane had to give Toby a shot so he wouldn’t have a heart attack, I’m not letting him stay here longer than he needs to and he’s not arguing the point. Zane, log out and check on him and if you could, dose dad with something before he wakes up from whatever James did. James log out and follow me to Liam’s office and make sure no one gets through that door. I trust his security but I want a person there on the other side to stop interruptions.” She knew if Liam allowed her access she could get in and most others would have a hell of a time but being interrupted would get annoying. Tonya sighed but nodded. ”Agreed, I’ll be home as soon as I can be and help with your father.” With that she logged out followed by James and Zane soon after. Toni looked around again at all the damage and shook her head then logged out herself.
>
Toby blinked after being kicked by Toni and groaned as his head started to spin. He closed his eyes and stayed on his bed but pulled the headset off. ”Don’t move just yet ok. Your vitals went out of control so your body probably feels…” ”Like sh*t… did you get the name of the driver of the bus?” ”Pretty sure it was War. Give me a minute.” Toby could hear someone outside of his room, sounded James and his dad mumbling. Zane walked out and before Topher totally regained himself Zane had pulled a high dose sedative out and shot it into Topher’s arm while James held him still. ”I’m so firing y…” Toni just rolled her eyes and after James put Topher back on the floor they made there way out of the apartment. Zane walked back in to find Toby still on the bed motionless, ”So…” ”I’m an idiot, I know.” ”No, I think there’s much more going on and you just weren’t paying attention to Liam as usual, but there is also that.” Toby opened his eyes and groaned again, everything seemed super bright. Zane flipped the switch in the room but turned on the desk lamp Toby had but pointed it away from the bed and at the wall. ”Thanks. I think I…” ”You definitely overdid it, even though you’re in bed I want you to rest, I can give you something for the likely headache you have from Toni forcing you out like that after that battle.” Toby winced, now that he thought about it, yeah his head was pounding and that was likely why the lights and everything was bugging him. He took the pills that Zane handed him with the water and forced them down then went back to a laying position. Just moving to sit up killed him.

Just as he laid back down the apartment door slammed open and both he and Zane nearly jumped but he heard his mom cursing as she found Topher on the floor then he buried himself in the blankets as she opened the door. ”You got home quick.” ”Mention Topher having a possible breakdown, possibly freaking out and they’ll give you a escort.” Toby could hear the smirk in her words and felt her sit on the edge of his bed. Zane had started to check his vitals again but Toby just didn’t want to deal with everything again right now. ”Your son having possible medical issues doesn’t count as a emergency but dad having a meltdown does?” Toby scoffed under the blankets and turned towards the wall. Tonya pulled the blanket off his head and put a hand on his cheek, ”That’s exactly what I told them, I told them next time my children call with an emergency, I’m leaving, I don’t care if the Chief is there they can reprimand me if they have to and they quickly changed their attitude. I think things are just being dealt differently bec…” ”Because of dad.” Tonya looked at Zane and he was pretty much done checking Toby. ”He seems fine now. I’ll stay and keep an eye on him and Topher if you’d like. I want Toby to rest though, don’t let…” Zane motioned towards the door and Tonya knew he didn’t want Topher to go off on Toby and get them going at it and she nodded. ”I’ll stay in here. You can deal with him.”

Toby could see the “Great” look on Zane’s face but he kept the comment to himself and packed his bag and went out the door. Tonya went to Toby’s desk chair and sighed, ”You know your father isn’t going to be happy.” ”Not my fault.” ”Why did you pick a fight with War in the first place… again?” The first time wasn’t his fault either but he hadn’t necessarily just walked away. Toby thought about it then it finally hit him. ”The girl the player killer guild was trying to get after.” ”Yeah so?” ”Was Paul’s oldest daughter and her character just rem…” Toby’s words trailed off and he turned back towards the wall. He didn’t remember freaking out just that something in his brain clicked off and he did when War showed up. Konzu hadn’t helped he was sure Liam was going to give Death hell for that. Tonya sighed and went to the bed and snuggled up to Toby who was about to struggle back and comment but stopped. Actually he probably needed it right now, his dad would just yell at him, Toni needed to help Liam, and luckily their mom had gotten home rather quickly. He was trying to hold back the tears but felt a few fall down his face as he started to fall asleep with his mom hugging him on the bed.
>

Toni and James quickly made their way to Liam’s office and she pressed her thumb to the biometric security and punched in the code that was sent to her phone to get into the office. James as told stood outside the door as she closed it and blinked at Liam’s setup, right computer freak. She found the main computer and called him. ”Ok, I’m at the computer, what do I need to do to not get blasted by your security?” She was joking, but with Liam, you really could never tell what he’d do to keep people from using his things, especially when it came to Toby  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:11 pm
Being pulled into isolation sucked worse than logging in normally did. The black of the loading screens just gave him a sense of panic every time. That was the reason for the seamless transitions throughout most of the game. Even teleporting, though it was loading into a different area, still gave you certain feelings while loading so it wasn’t as bad. Liam had to take a moment to steady his breathing. He had switched to his alternate character, mostly because it was of similar height and build to his normal self and his main’s fingers were just a tad too big for the type of work he was going to do now.

The area they were in was just darkness, but obviously they could still see. Each of the horsemen were isolated in their own “boxes”, an invisible boundary to keep them separate and from trying to kill each other. Mostly War but just in case he did it for all of them. Because he hadn’t finished it exactly, it was bland and he knew it. Originally he had planned to make it at least look nicer inside. He didn’t even look over at the AI, knowing they would all be looking at him. His first priority was making sure Konzu was whole before he started this. This place did not allow for them to use abilities so it wasn’t as if he could put himself back together. To the horsemen, he looked like he was just standing there, waving his hands around but on his end, he had a small display up of what their coding actually looked like.

”What the hell?!? Where am I?! Boy! Don’t you know who I am?” Liam ignored him, muting his ai for a moment as Toni finally called him. ”You have bomb defusal training don’t you.” He joked back at first though like normal he sounded serious. ”I’m kidding... I’ll give you the password but then I have to disarm the security from here because you don’t have my phone.” Luckily it was something he could do from inside the game. He waited for Toni to put in the password and gave the voice command to clear the security so she could get in without issues.

”Okay, the main monitor is the one right in front of you, it should have some code pulled up. As I go through things here, I’ll ask for something written on one of the lines, I’ll let you know which one when I get there. Just read to me what it says the best you can.” This might have been easier with someone who actually knew what all of those words meant but just the thought of anyone else being on his computer made him cringe. The only reason Toni got this privilege is because he trusted her more than any of the others right now. She was smart, she wouldn’t mess with any of his things.

He looked up and all the horsemen were looking at him expectantly. He sighed softly. ”None of you are going to remember this anyway… Its still Liam…” ”Obviously… Can you keep War just like that for a while? His voice is very annoying.” War glared over at Famine and she just stuck her tongue out. ”Unfortunately, it will be faster if I ask him questions as we go along… I need to know what he knows.” Liam walked a little closer to the boundary where War was kept, pulling up his coding specifically. The close interwoven code between his personality and his combat made him the trickiest to fix correctly. ”Alright… War, Why Toby?” ”I’m not telling you s**t kid.” Right, of course. Why would this ever be easy?

Liam didn’t actually look at War, just scrolling through the code until he found what he was looking for, a section written by someone other than him. He studied it for a moment then with a small shrug, deleted the line from the code. Instantly War stood just a little bit straighter. ”If you don’t know, just say you don’t know.” ”Of course I know! Why the ******** does it matter to you?” Fair question but not the right answer, Liam continued his search through the code. ”You know the answer already.” War smiled deviously. ”Of course. He’s your family. You just don’t like that I was beating up on your family.... Is that it?” Liam’s expression didn’t change but War could tell he’d hit some kind of nerve as the boy had stopped his scrolling. ”You feel the need to protect him Liam? Is that what I’m getting here? You know I can’t be killed, yet I could easily kill Tobias. Were you worried?”

Liam very calmly moved the coding screen to the side to stare face to face with War. ”See you think you are going to get to me, make me angry and want to fight you. But you are not nearly as good at pissing people off as Toby is. Also think about it for a second Keres. War is just a title. You may think that you are above death, but if this server crashes and your data is lost, well that very much would be like death for you. We’d have to start you over from scratch. Your title goes to someone very different from you. I don’t need your answers specifically, but that means it takes me longer to get through this. And that’s bad for you. Now think about this one more time War. Why. Toby.” War backed down slightly but before he could answer Famine spoke up.

”Wait a second. Isolation isn’t supposed to still be on the server…” Whoops… ”You are right. However this was quickly made as you can tell and I didn’t have time to actually move it off server. Right now its about half on server, half in my headset. I have just as much at stake here as all of you…” As if to prove his point, there was a small tremor. ”You should probably leave then.” Liam shook his head. ”But Master Liam! If something happens…” Liam ignored them and continued his searching through War’s code, only to stop when he found something interesting. And bad. Oh… Very, very bad.

”s**t…” That probably scared Toni more than the revelation that he was doing something slightly dangerous, as Liam pretty much never cursed. ”Alright new plan then…” he muttered the last part, highlighting a section and pulling up a keyboard. As he typed he talked. ”It seems I underestimated the cunning of our dear trouble maker. I’m going to have to do something different. Toni…” He paused, seeing a familiar piece of code. Oh god damn it no… He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. Complicated didn’t even begin to cover it now. ”Ali! Text Lexa. Lex, I have another person you need to keep an eye on. Whatever you do, don’t let her out of your sight. Send Text.” His headset beeped in confirmation and he exhaled. ”Sorry I’ve gotten you involved in this Toni… Read me line 356...”

They worked like that for a short while, every so often Liam would ask her to pause and he’d furiously type for a bit. The AI seemed to leave him alone but he knew Toni had a bunch of questions for him so as he worked he recounted a few of the things going on. ”The Beta code used to update the AI wasn’t optimized for the current server layout.Those performance drops people have been complaining about recently are probably from that. But they also injected a bit of extra code into it.” That was what pissed him off most. They stuck their dirty icky code in something Liam had spent hours crafting. ”Its like a virus, but Toby was the trigger. The more they interacted with him, the farther the code spread throughout the server. Powering him up and giving him boons did not help either.” That was a glare directed towards Death but the AI did not respond. ”So the simple fix to switch them back to the correct Smart AI program isn’t going to work here. I’m crafting something different as I go. Next line please.”

Finally though, he was almost done. After fixing War’s it was a simple thing to replace the code in the other’s as well. ”Okay one last thing Toni. There’s an icon on the desktop that just says ‘shut down’. When I say ‘Go’ I need you to click it and start the program.” He already knew she was going to protest, she probably knew what he was getting at here. ”Listen, we have to restart the server before it crashes.” And boy was it trying to now. ”When I log out, this place disappears and the AI go back to the game, it has to happen just as the server shuts down or there’s a chance the code infecting the rest of the world will corrupt code I just wrote. I know the timing, I’ll be fine. Just… Trust me.” He exhaled softly, hoping he didn’t ******** this up. ”Oh! One more thing. When the server goes down, there is going to be a lot of commotion outside with everyone freaking out about it. You have to sneak out of my office during that time. Don’t let anyone see you. Okay? Now lets do this.” He steadied himself, hand poised over the ‘send’ button on his display. ”3… 2… 1… GO!”  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:33 pm
Toni was joking when she asked but knew he was joking at his comment but smirked at her answer. ”Actually yes, don’t ask.” She listened to the instructions on how to get through the security and log in. She was half listening to the conversation and finding the code for the AI as it pulled up though knowing what he was doing she was slightly worried. Knowing it was Liam she knew he would only do that if he had to. At his cursing she paused a bit and was about to get more help but waited, if he wasn’t freaking out, which he never did anyway then things were probably not as bad, just something happened. ”Just be careful Liam…” She muttered, not caring if he responded, she knew Aunt Chris would go crazy if anything happened to Liam over this little project of theirs and Toby would most likely blame himself. She was looking at the code he pointed out and blinked, knowing herself something was off and read it to him after asked. Yeah someone with proper access had been access the code and messing around. She got her phone out and pulled out a quick text to her admin team since she was one of the hiring leads. ”Get me all the lawyers in office in a hour.” Whoever Liam had tracked down was going to have a very bad day.

She read the next line and was about to question the order for the shut down but knew if they were going to implement a fix on that scale they’d have to and coming from Liam it wasn’t a joke, if Lexa told her, she’d talk to Liam first. ”Right, office hell soon.” She sent James a text telling him to get ready to move and get them out without being stopped and if possible spotted when she opened the door. She waited for Liam’s command and hit the shut down icon. It was almost immediate, well besides the flashing light indicating the shutdown the people outside the office were freaking out. Toni quickly open the door, James lightly grabbed her and guided her quickly out the work floor avoiding people, telling her to duck at times and dive into unoccupied cubicles to let rushing people pass. They made it out with ease. She blinked at James when they got out to the main hallway and down a ways and he just shook his head. ”Right, mom said you had some skill, Clairvoyance?” He nodded keeping his attention elsewhere in case he needed to dodge anyone so they’d avoid suspicion. Once they got back onto a elevator they both sighed.

Topher woke with a groan on the floor and glared at the carpet. ”Why am I on the floor?” ”Because I didn’t want to pick you up off the floor by myself and James had to rush off with Toni to do something for Liam.” Topher gritted his teeth and pushed off the floor turning and getting to a sitting position to face Zane. ”You’re so…” The door to Toby’s room open and Tonya came out and Topher looked up to a glare and a point. She was pointing for him to get up and sit. ”Get the f*ck off the floor, stop bitching, and if you so much as raise your voice and wake Toby up… I will shoot you myself, understand?” Topher gulped, nodded and did as told, Zane handed Topher his VR headset and Topher gritted his teeth. Tonya just glared with a “Shut up” look. ”We don’t know what all happened. Something made Toby’s vitals go crazy, that’s why Zane is here. The game may have been hacked, which is why he was in game making sure that nothing was happening serious in game that needed HIS attention, since he’s their primary medical consultant. They knew you’d freak out like you DID, which is why your access was instantly blocked. Liam is already fixing the issue. So, shut up, breath, and deal with it.”

Topher gritted his teeth again and looked at the closed door. ”That…” ”It was handled, as much as I don’t want to say it, they’re growing up Topher. Toni has Kaleb and the twins now. Only reason Toby is still here is…” Tonya grabbed at a throw pillow and just squeezed it, that was one of the reasons for today too, she wasn’t sure if Toby could be by himself. She looked at Topher and sighed. ”He asked me a few days ago if he could move out into one of the single appartments on his own of course on the same floor but after today, I’m not sure.” Topher just blinked and stared at the floor. ”I can still work with him in therapy. I know what you mean. He didn’t say as much but before they were teleported, I saw her.” ”He…” ”He needs to grow up and deal with it in his own way and not have us holding him back as well. But we can talk about it later, now we just need to wait for Toni to get back.”  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:01 am
Liam was always the first to point out in movies how there was always a different way to do things that didn’t require some self sacrifice bullshit so what happened to that notion during this escapade… He miss timed his logout so the tail end of it was clipped by the shutdown. ”LIAM! Are you okay?” ******** Lexa. That explained a lot. As if to answer her question he groaned slightly and put his finger to his lips. Headache… It’ll pass in a minute. He told her mentally. It was easier than speaking. Oh… Logged out too fast didn’t you… Even thought it was a mental conversation, Liam could tell there was worry behind her words. Why are you in my room, Lexa? Because I thought you wanted to know what was going on… Okay, now he was curious. He sat up, leaning over to put his head in his hands for a moment before looking over at her. ”What is going on then…”

Lexa let out a little excited squeal and scooted her chair closer to the bed. ”The whole office is in a panic right now but Antonio has been trying to argue with security for a while about leaving.” Right… Liam scooted off the bed and started towards the door and Lexa rushed after him. ”Antonio always goes and picks up his daughter after school. Dad’s out running errands right? Get him to pick her up will you. Its going to be a while before the team can leave.” Lexa nodded but continued her assessment of the situation. ”Sven has been… quiet I guess? He keeps looking around suspiciously but he’s not even looking at the game code?” Lazy sack of… Liam shook his head slightly. Not priority. ”And the last one?” ”Nothing suspicious there. She’s been running around as hard as Seth has trying to keep the server up and running. She was watching the situation very closely… Do you really think she did it?” Liam was about to answer when his phone rang.

”This is Liam.” ”Dude where the hell are you? I didn’t see you log out and then the server went down…” ”Seth, calm down. I’m here aren’t I. I gave the shutdown command, its fine.” ”Liam… Its not fine. We can’t get the server back up. Everything is a mess...” Liam couldn’t fake emotions, but he could fake urgency. He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose, not that Seth could see it. ”I’m on my way down right now. Get the team’s organized and calm by the time I get there.” Seth agreed and hung up. Liam avoided Lexa’s gaze for now, not quite sure if he should tell her his plan or not. ”Duty calls. Thanks for your help.” He practically ran out the door and Lexa didn’t even bother to stop him. Now what was she going to do… Bother Toni? Lexa nodded to herself, taking the tablet with the camera system with her. She wanted to watch the fireworks and she had a feeling Toni might want to as well.

At least the office was semi-calm by the time Liam got downstairs. If Seth knew how to do one thing, it was how to get people organized. Liam ignored everyone and headed straight for his office, hearing Seth scurry along behind him when he noticed the boy enter. They had a dynamic here. Most of the workers were rather uncomfortable with taking orders from Liam because of his age, which was fair, and Liam didn’t necessarily want to be bugged with every detail of production. So Seth was the go between. Seth liked the arrangement because it meant he could be leadery without any of the hard decisions.

Liam motioned for Seth to close the door behind him and he rubbed his temples lightly. His headache had died down like he expected but it still hadn’t gone away completely and it was annoying if nothing else. ”What are we going to do? The server… The hardware guys are suggesting a hard reset, cutting all power to the rack and then restarting it.” ”Not necessary…” Confusion crossed the mans face but then melted into an ‘oooh’ face soon after. ”You have a plan in progress then? What are we supposed to get the crew to do in the meantime? Several of them are already complaining about staying.” Liam exhaled softly. ”We wait for now. If the server doesn’t come back up soon… We are all going to either be working overtime or we give up entirely and disappoint everyone who has the game. If they want to keep their jobs, they’ll stop their fussing…” File that under reasons Liam wasn’t the one that dealt with the team directly. Seth nodded, knowing he could work something from that at least.

He left not long after, closing the door behind him. Liam exhaled and looked at his phone. Almost time… However he wasn’t sure if his plan was actually going to work. Or if his dear troublemaker would do her part. He shouldn’t have worried about the last part as not long after Seth left, there was a soft knock on his door. ”Enter…” As expected, Cadence entered the room. ”Cadence… Come to gloat I assume?” ”Gloating would imply that I won something… But I am here to tell you “I told you so.” So that was the angle she was playing at. The two of them had played games like this before and like always, Liam was going to come out on top of this one. He paused in his work to look up at her.

”The Smart AI…” ”The Smart AI caused the server crash. They are too dangerous to be roaming around in a video game.” ”Oh?” They had had this discussion before, back when they were first going to implement the AI into the game. Like Liam, Cadence thought the idea of the Horsemen was silly. So when she discovered that no only were they going through with this idea but Liam was putting his personal project into it as well, Cadence had brought up her concerns. The two of them had previously discussed the Smart AI at length, Cadence had even brought Liam some test code at some point so the fact that he was going to let them use it in a video game… Well…

”Cadence, You seem to be under the impression that the server crashed when in fact, I initiated the shutdown command myself.” Cadence obviously hadn’t been watching as closely as Lexa had said because her reaction ranged from confused to angry and finally settled on curiosity. ”Even so, that doesn’t change the fact that the server isn’t coming back up. When they do finally get it up, if that data is corrupted we are all ********. Even if its not, could we honestly say it won’t happen again?” ”Cadence, I thought you had more faith in me than that.” His phone beeped. Time was up. ”Besides, the servers are coming online now.” ”WHAT?!?” Cadence was stuck between staying and leaving at this point. She half turned but heard the decisive click of the door lock behind her. Now she was literally and figuratively trapped.

”You see, someone thought they could be clever and push an update to the AI while no one was looking. Then also manipulated the AI into doing exactly what they wanted. War is fairly easy to do that to, but manipulating Death takes talent. Or did you just expect Death would help any chance he got? Either way, good way to use Toby as the trigger for your code. He’s always getting himself into trouble he can’t get out of. Also, trying to frame Antonio and Sven was a great plan. However, I got a good look at that code and I have to say, I’m not impressed. You didn’t even change it at all from the last time I saw it. If you want to bring down something we all worked very hard on, you are going to have to try so much better than that.” Throughout his entire speech her face changed several times to finally settling on disgust.

”Like I said, I thought you had more faith in me than that. The server was on a delayed start for a reason. Did you think I wasn’t going to clean up the mess you made of my game, Cadence? You seem to have forgotten who you are dealing with here.” Liam pushed her slowly back towards the wall with his telekinesis, standing from behind his desk slowly. ”From here it gets really easy. Either you tell me what I want to know, or I force it out of you. I’m going to get the information I want and personally, I really, really hope you pick option two.”  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:58 am
Toni made her way back up with James quickly they didn’t really talk on the elevator ride up. She didn’t even bother to knock at her parent’s apartment. She wasn’t the least surprised her mom was already home when she got up and gave her a quick hug, she was sure that they had passed her running on their way down to Liam’s office in the Game floor. ”What the f*ck is going on?” Toni turned and looked at her dad, at least he was mostly calm but barely. ”We believe someone hacked the game.”’ She shook her head before they could question about it, ”No inside job, which is why Liam is dealing with right now. I have a meeting with the lawyers.” As soon as she said that her phone chirped and she checked it. It was a text from the Lead telling her they were ready already. Another chirp was a text from her assistant that was in the office wondering what the hell was going on. ”Toby ok?” Zane nodded, ”I may have slipped him a small sedative pill besides the pain killer to help with the headache from you force logging him out like that.” ”I’d rather him yell at me than Liam right now. We need Liam to deal with the coding fix on this and not be distracted by that.” ”I don’t think he’ll be upset about it.” Toni looked at James and he blinked, ”Have two of your lead guys meet us at the elevators, I’m having the lawyers meet us there. That could’ve seriously hurt Toby, no way are they getting away with this.” ”Want me there?” Toni thought about it for only a second then shook her head, ”No they’re already freaking out, having you in the office will make them go on mental lockdown. You’ve trained Liam so he can deal with it himself, if we need you we can call you, since you can probably do it from here anyway.”

With that she sent the text to the lawyer group where to meet and they headed back out. She walked calmly and nodded to the group and waited for them to get in then got in herself, the lead on her right and James on her left with his men. On the way down she sent Lexa a text, On the way down, tell Liam to calm himself, don’t need him like my father. I have the lawyers with me, tell him to get whoever in the conference room when he’s done with them. I want to have a little f*cking chat.” She never really swore in business related, at Lexa yes, business stuff never unless Toby was being stupid. However this group could’ve gotten people hurt physically. As the elevator pinged open with only access they had since the office was on lockdown for the time being the front receptionist blinked at Toni. Toni smiled at her and walked out with her little procession. Now she was getting stares, first was the little main business area of sales and regular support, they technically could leave but they weren’t sure who all was with them. She nodded to her right and the Boss motioned for his second in command of the lawyers to take over the main conference room. She nodded at James and he motioned for his two men to go get Sven and Antonio. She had looked at his file information and knew that they were the lead coders on War so they were the ones likely to be questioned. ”Please come with us.” The one said as the got to the area where the two worked. She noticed Lexa had opened Liam’s door and glared at Cadence. ”Liam, I hope you’re keeping calm in there, when you’re done, I’d like a word with her, I believe she’s in violation of her contract. As well seeing as how my brother was potentially at risk of death we’ll have to decide if we’re going to press full charges and get the police involved, my mother is upstairs waiting on my call.” She didn't bother for a response and motioned for the guards with the other two to go to the conference room and made her way there.  
Out Of Cookies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff