Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
Fiends in the Forest?! Secrets Unawoken Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:40 pm
Ulla looked back at Decidueye as he merely nodded to assure her that he would not leave her side. Ulla looked at Abby as she smiled. "I'm coming along!" She said as he caught up with Abby as they were now following Odd.  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:43 pm
James led the trio of Snagems and their Pokemon deep into the forest, further and further from the clearing that was the entrance to it, along a pathway that must be hundreds of years old, at the very least. The Roots and branches rose and fell before them, blocking their path at times, at which points James would use his psionic powers to move the forest around them, revealing more of the path. "I'm sure you must be wondering who I truly am and if you can trust me." He stated, rather than asked.

"You're damned right I am. I'm ready to suck your soul out the moment you threaten us, too." Odd replied, revealing that he wasn't in as much of a trance as he seemed to be. He was simply compelled by curiosity down the rabbit hole he'd found himself venturing into and was determined to see where it led.

"Ease your mind, young Channeler." James responded, pausing for a moment as the forest around them seemed to shimmer for a moment. "I am a member of the Flying Clan. My brother is the adviser to the Chief." He explained. "I, however, lead the branch family in it's solemn duty to record the ancient history of the Elemental Clans."

"So you're a storyteller?" Odd asked. Just what kind of Wonderland was he walking into? Looking to Fermata for confirmation that he'd heard correctly, the owl just shrugged for now.

"Not quite, young Master-in-Training." James chided Odd for his assumptions. "We are record keepers. We answer to the Grand Masters and the Zilal Al'ard, the guardians of the title." He continued in his explanation, beginning to walk again now that the forest's shimmering had ceased.

"So won't you get in trouble for sharing such carefully guarded information with us?" Odd asked, following James a bit more closely, just in case.

"Far from it. I was asked to share a bit of information with you by Lady Amaya. She sent her Dusknoir with a message requesting that we share with you along with a gift for you to take when you have left." James replied.

Odd blanched for a moment. Why would Tui and La have sent him here on a hunt for information if it was requested to be given to him freely. The two spirits were rarely clear in their messages but this just felt like lying.

"Calm your worries." James cut off Odd's thoughts. "You will still need to decipher truth from the tales we are to share with you. After all, the truth is rarely as simple as it seems."

As if to emphasize his point, he waved a feathered hand behind Odd, revealing that Ulla and Abbey were no longer behind him.

~~~ Ulla and Abby's experience ~~~

When the forest shimmered around them, the girls would find themselves in the middle of a small estate in the trees, a family of hybrids around them. "Do not worry for your friend." One of them spoke. "Father is taking him to learn what he was sent to find."

"But the two of you are not allowed. So you'll need to stay here with us for now." Another of them spoke, a bit older than the first. "Would you care for some tea while you're here?"

It seemed like Odd hadn't noticed the appearance of the other hybrids, nor that the girls weren't behind him any longer, walking off toward a building in the distance alongside James.

"I promise you we aren't dangerous." The hybrid who'd offered them tea spoke up as Odd walked away without them "We just have a job to do and his Master has requested that we do it. We can't refuse." She explained, keeping her posture relaxed and unimposing, though she very clearly exhibited signs of subservience.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 6:48 am
Abby was on guard as it was while she was following Odd through what seemed to be an empty forest, being led by some random hybrid. Suddenly being surrounded by hybrids didn't exactly put her mind at ease. That said, she understood why they were doing this to an extent. "Yeah, I get it. It's his mission, after all," she told them. When she and Ulla were offered tea, Abby nodded, despite the fact that she preferred more flavorful drinks. As she followed the feminine hybrid, Abby stuck a hand in one of her pockets. Shortly after, Ulla's SNAG would beep, signifying the receiving of a message.

To Ulla
Stick close to me. It'll be harder for them to pull any weird stuff if we stay together.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:03 pm
Ulla stuck behind Abby as some unfamiliar hybrids led them to a different direction away from Odd. She was a bit concerned for Odd, what happens if he needed up getting out of some sticky situation? She then heard Abby respond to them "But Abby, what happens if he needs us?" She asked concerned as she noticed her SNAG vibrate as she took a quick peak. She merely nodded as she reached out and grabbed Abby's sleeve.  

Cecile Silverstone

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:15 pm
"Where are they?!" Odd growled at James upon realizing the girls were gone. "If they're in any danger, I won't hesitate to slay you where you stand!" He threatened, grabbing his Artifact from it's holster on his belt and brandishing it against the hybrid.

"And you would succeed should you try." James admitted with a nod. "But rest assured, my wife and children are merely keeping them polite company while you are preoccupied." He assured the Channeler.

Odd relaxed slightly, at least returning his Artifact to it's place on his belt. Fermata stood at his side, stoic but very ready to jump into action if needed.

James lead them forward for a bit longer before stopping in a smaller clearing. "Here is where the tales are passed down in our clan." He announced, spreading out his wings at last to reveal that he did, in fact, have arms beneath them. Odd had been wondering about that since meeting him but the overbearing curiosity had been a bit more pressing.

"So... What exactly am I here to learn?" Odd finally asked after a seconds of silence between the two.

"The ancient Ghost Clan... Was not as harmonious as it's fellows were. The Hybrids and Channelers were divided, as were most of the other elemental clans but the Ghost Clan took this a step further." James explained, taking a seat in the grass and motioning for Odd to do the same. As the Channeler did as he was bid, the forest around them began to shift. James' eyes began to glow with a soft light, indicating the use of his Psychic power about the same time, so Odd assumed the two actions were connected, remaining on alert.

The forest around them shifted, now, changing to something far younger than the forest they found themselves in. All around the clearing where small huts of varying kinds, most of them set up like tents.

The Tale of the Nephilim

"The Angels are watching us, my lord." Spoke a man with two tone hair to an older male, his hair as white as snow.

"This does not surprise me..." The older man replied, eyes roaming the treeline. "They do not trust us fearing the power of the underworld."

"My lord... I have wondered for all of my life... Why are we so broken a clan? Can we Demons not live in harmony with the Angels?" The younger man asked, slowly dropping to rest on his knees. Clearly the older man was the leader. The younger, however? It was hard to determine his position within the clan.

"I have asked the same for many years, young Slate..." The Lord replied, heaving a heavy sigh. "We were once a harmonious group..." Standing from his seat, he walked toward the one named Slate and pulled him to his feet, beginning to lead him away from the interior of his tent. "But as the years passed, the channelers of our clan became divided by the way their powers developed."

"What do you mean?" Slate asked, curious. He followed the Lord as he walked, circling the small clearing and watching as the various channelers used their powers to live out their lives.

"Have you seen the way we Demons develop our powers? We journey through the depths of the Underworld, we take from the devils within and we grow. Yet, to the Angels, we also become more sinful. We adopt the nature of the Underworld as we grow stronger."

Slate listened to the Lord's words and considered them for a moment before he spoke again. "So what makes them so different from us?"

The Lord smiled for a moment but he face fell just as quickly. "The Angels train in the Heavens, instead. They believe it makes them more holy. Their powers relate far more to protection and healing of the soul where ours are destruction and false creation."

Slate once more grew silent, following the Lord back into his tent, digesting all of this information. "Why, then, are we divided physically? Can we not share one home?"

The Lord shook his head, sadly. "It was decided by our ancestors that the Demons and the Angels should live separate lives entirely. They believed that holiness and sin could not coexist. That is also why the intermingling of the two half-clans in child rearing is outlawed in both."

"Intermingling in child rearing? You mean marriage and birth?" Slate asked, confused for a moment.

"Indeed." The Lord replied. "The children born to Demon and an Angel is called a nephilim. They are abominations under our laws and are forbidden from existing." This was said sternly, though not without an obvious note of sadness in the elder's voice. He was clearly not fond of being forced to uphold these ancient laws but he would do so regardless.

"What would happen to the child if one were to be born?" Slate asked, though he clearly already had a vague idea.

"The child, through no fault of it's own, would be branded as an abominable sinner, beyond redemption. It's very soul would be offered up to the Gods to do with as they saw fit." The Lord replied, tears falling from his eyes. "Our ancestors believed blood sacrifice was the only way to redeem themselves in such a case."

Slate gasped, appalled by the very thought. "That's horrific!" He exclaimed.

"It is, my young apprentice. But our laws cannot be changed unless the Angels can agree with us. But our long separation makes such a thing impossible."

"I have only one last question... If I have followed you here... then these children -the nephilim-...if they were allowed to grow into adults and develop channeling abilities of their own.. Would they-"

"Develop powers from both of the half-clans?" The Lord finished Slate's question. The younger male nodded. "That has always been the belief. And just as we are servants of the Underworld and the Angels are servants of the Heavens, the nephilim would be torn between them." He looked out the door, toward the sky for a moment, then back to the Earth. "Our ancestors believed that the birth of nephilim would result in a war between the two realms, tearing the world asunder as they vied for the powers they held."

Slate nodded, already expecting such an answer. "I believe I understand now...." Slate responded. "Though I do no agree with all of this... when the time comes... I will uphold these laws as well as any other."

"I know that you will, young Slate." The Lord replied with a soft smile, placing a trusting hand on the young man's head.

The world shifted again, the encampment disappearing with a mystical shimmer, at this point. "What exactly was that?" Odd asked, feeling a strange sort of tension in his chest.

~~~

The young hybrid led the girls to their home, which might not have even been noticed at first had they not been shown the way. It was a fairly large estate house built right into the forest, trees growing up and through the building in several places. "Mother will meet us in the foyer." She announced as they drew closer.

Surely enough, as they entered the home, a much older hybrid greeted them with what could only be taken as a warm smile, despite the beak on her face preventing such a display of warmth being genuinely possible. "Welcome home, dear." She greeted the younger hybrid. "If you would like to take your friends to the lounge, I'll bring you some drinks." She offered, walking off again.

"My apologies. Mother tends to use her abilities to predict things more often than she ought." The younger hybrid apologized to Abby and Ulla. "I haven't asked for your names yet... I'm sorry." She finally realized. "I am Celeste, my father's youngest daughter." She introduced herself with a polite bow before she began to lead the two humans to the lounge her mother had mentioned. "What may we call you?"

Walking through the building, Abby and Ulla would see many articles of traditional, Native Unovan décor scattered throughout. They would also find countless bookshelves around the house, each labeled with keywords such as "Fire", "Grass", "Dragon" and "Hybrid" or "Channeler". These were the books where the ancient lineages' tales were stored. Strangely enough, should they attempt to remove one of the books from it's shelf, they would be unable to do so. A strange power prevented them from being moved at all, reflecting any intrusive hands.  
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:45 pm
"He's probably got more Pokemon than the two of us combined. He'll be fine," Abby whispered in response, implying that Ulla should worry more about Abby and herself. When the hybrid they were following found her mother, Abby waved at the bebeaked individual, but made no other sign that would imply that the Deathrage took an interest in the older woman. When Celeste introduced herself, the blond merely smirked. "Absinthe Deathrage," Abby said, introducing herself. "And this is my younger sister Ulla," she added with a wink to Ulla, implying she should play along. Abby thought their hosts would be less likely to try something with Ulla if they thought the younger Hanabi had a strong older sister right next to her to look after her.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:58 pm
Ulla looked at Abby when she introduced her as her younger sister. She understood why she did it as she looked at the older women. "It's nice to meet you." She said as she looked at the articles and different types of information on the bookshelves. Each of them tickled Ulla's curiosity but she saw they couldn't really be moved. "Uhmm....with Odd busy doing his thing. What will we be doing?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:30 pm
James sighed as the world returned to normal, rubbing at his temples softly for a moment. "That was a memory, of sorts. The old Ghost Clan was divided into three, unlike the other clans. The progenitors of the Ghost Clan believed there could be no unity between the holy and unholy powers within their Channeling ranks and so divided them apart." He explained.

"So... What exactly happened to them?" Odd asked, sitting on the ground now with Fermata perched at his side.

"In short... They tore themselves apart through infighting. Some began to resent the old beliefs and challenged the clan leaders throughout the ages until the clan's Channelers simply stopped coexisting and scattered to the four winds." James explained, though not without a degree of sadness in his voice.

"That said... Some came together outside the clan's laws."

The world around them began to shimmer once again at this point, James' eyes taking on the same light as before.

The Tale of Two Channelers

Slate slowly returned to view before Odd's eyes, clearly having ages quite a bit at this point, though it was obvious that he lacked not a single ounce of the vigor he had once been in possession of. "My sweet angel... They've come looking for us."

The woman to whom he spoke was a beautiful young creature with flowing white locks. and eyes of crimson. Her alabastor skin protected from the sun by the parasol she held in her right hand, her left beneath her swollen stomach. "My brave demon, will we be able to keep him safe?" She asked, looking out the window of the small hut in which the two had taken refuge. Odd recognize the landscape outside the window of that hut as he watched this memory unfold.

"We will! I would die for you both long before I would allow them to take either of you!" Slate replied. "Stella... I'm going out to meet them. I want you to run. Get him to safety!"

Stella shook her head vigorously. "Slate, no! You're not fighting them yourself!"

"I'm not going to lose my love and our child because they still hold onto their archaic beliefs!" Slate retorted, turning to the door of the hut. When it opened, the snow outside blew in around him. The snow lit up as ghostly flames began to burst into life around he channeler.

"Let's go little one..." Stella whispered to her stomach as tears fell from her eyes. Her parasol took on a soft light as she conjured up a silver-white veil around herself as she shielded her soul from being detected by her pursuers. It was clear she was a channeler as well.

Fleeing through the snow, Odd watched Stella struggle to escape whoever was chasing her, her clearly pregnant stomach getting in her way in places as she tried to keep moving. She was failing horribly, however. She couldn't find her way to anywhere she could consider safe.

Odd could feel tears in his eyes as this vision played out. He could see where it was going, already. This was far more recent than the last vision had been.

As Stella continued to struggle, Odd watched as a singular arrow of shadowy energy flew out of the snow and pierced her shoulder from behind. As she fell to the ground, she landed first on her knees and then began to slide down the mountainside, the snow aiding in her unintentional escape. The woman came to a stop at the foot of a wall with a massive gate dividing it just ahead of her.

"Father...I heard shouting and battle in the distance!"

"I heard it as well."

As the gate opened, an elder male in a black cassock stepped out into the snow with a woman in a habit following him. "Mary Catherine! There's a woman out here! Help me get her inside!"

The woman called Mary Catherine nodded and rushed to the elder male's side, helping him lift and carry the wounded and, now unconscious Stella. "Father, she appears to be badly wounded! And in labor!"

"Dear sweet Arceus... We must get her to the infirmary! Immediately!" The elder male directed, leading the way. As they carried Stella, the male called out to several other habit-clad women to quickly gather things and meet them in the infirmary.

"Call to the Mother Superior! We'll need her as well! I'm afraid this poor woman may not survive long!" He called out to the last of the women encountered along the way.

The world shifted and shimmered for a moment before it reappeared after the birth. Stella was, for the moment, briefly conscious, though it was obvious she was fading quickly. "Please... Keep him safe from them..." She asked of the roomful of people around her. "Keep my sweet Sterling safe." With her request made, her eyes drifted closed and, crying child in her arms, the life left her at last.

"Father Clancy...What should we do?"

"There can be no question. The Gods brought her here for a reason. We will raise the child as an orphan and he will leave us when he is ready." The elder male replied.

The Mother Superior gently lifted the crying Sterling into her arms and looked into his crimson eyes, his infant pupils hidden within the blood-red pools of innocence, barely opened to the light of the world, and nodded in agreement.

As the world returned to normal, Odd's tear-stained face would become visible to James. "So they're dead... My parents fought for me and gave their lives because of the remnants of the Ghost Clan?" He demanded.

"You are a nephilim. Only the Angels survived into the modern era as group and have begun to call themselves the Church of Arceus, rebuilding into a true and proper clan." James replied, once again rubbing at his temples. "Apologies if I seem distant. It takes a great deal of energy and focus to show you these things." He apologized.

"Is that everything you can show me?" Odd asked, hoping there was more now.

"Sadly, yes. I have not been given the authority to tell you any more now, other than this: The man you saw most recently is not the same man in the first tale, though they are from the same line and the former bears the same name as the latter."

~~~

Celeste spoke softly, as usual. "We would be glad to keep you entertained if you would like to do something? We have a few Pokemon of our own if you would like to battle to pass the time?" She offered. "We also have a garden where you are welcome to spend the time exploring, if you would like. There are often Pokemon from very far away drawn there." She offered. "We believe the tree's centerpiece to have been a clipping from the great Black and White trees in the forest island at the heart of Unova that so often attracts Pokemon that could not be there without outside influence. Perhaps you could encounter something unique there, something you have dreamed of meeting?" She offered.

After a moment, her eyes flashed pink before she spoke with a small amount of surprise. "I believe father and your friend should be home shortly. You won't have to spend much more time here unless you would like to." She offered by way of easing the girls' obvious concerns.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:58 pm
"I wouldn't mind spending time in the garden," Abby spoke up, knowing that she needed to add to her team. The thought of Pokemon showing up there had her wondering what kind of Fire or Fighting type she could pick up there. As her imagination ran wild, her eyes drifted to Ulla, bringing her back to earth, so to speak. She knew she could handle herself if she were on her own, but based on Ulla's previous words and actions, the small Fairy Channeler would have a harder time of it.

"Then again, if they're almost here, there might not be a point.... huh. I'm not sure what to do, actually," Abby added, pretending to be unsure. "What do you think, Ulla?" she asked, smiling down at Ulla.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:49 pm
Ulla snapped out of her curiosity as she looked at Abby who was talking about going to the garden. She looked up to her as she was much taller. "I'm sure Odd can wait for us while we play in the garden. He has us waiting for him." She said as she looked at Decidueye who was excited to see the garden they were speaking about.  

Cecile Silverstone

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:56 pm
"I can't argue with that logic!" Abby cheered, trying not to look too excited but not having an easy time of reining in her enthusiasm. "Might as well go on ahead then. Are you coming with us, or are we going out there on our own?" Abby asked Celeste, not sure how the host wanted to handle things and not wanting to insult her hospitality.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:41 pm
Celeste nodded to Ulla and Abbey. "I would be delighted to show the way." She told them. "I, unfortunately, have something I must do so I will not be able to join you. However, I have a feeling the two of you will find Pokemon visiting the garden you may have dreamed of capturing before now." She offered, a momentary flash of light behind her eyes, her hybrid abilities giving her a moment of insight. "If you would like to finish your tea first, I will wait for you." She added, quietly sipping from her own cup until the girls signified they were done with their drinks, standing up and leading them to the garden from there. Once she they arrived, she would open the door and reveal a large garden with an almost eerie shrub at it's heart, formed from two winding plants of pure black and pure white.

"Our garden sometimes draws incredible visitors. Be wary, though do not fear to capture a Pokemon if you happen across one you befriend. All here are wild and free to leave." She informed the girls as she stepped out with them, standing aside so they could exit the building as well.

((Feel free to meet a "Dream" Pokemon in the garden. It can be any non-legendary Pokemon you might have wanted to catch for a while, even if it isn't native to the forest. ))

~~~

Odd sat quietly with James for a while longer, processing what all information he had been given. Eventually, he finally spoke again. "Why tell me all this?" He asked.

"Amaya believes the Angels have begun a crusade against you. You stole from them and they have taken that as a sign that the Demons are returning and that it was merely the first attack from them." James replied. "She wishes you to be armed with knowledge when they next come for you and she believes they will when next the veil between the realms of life and death grows thin."

"Halloween?" Odd asked, assuming that was what James meant, considering all of the strange happenings with Jack over the years around that time.

"Perhaps. Perhaps sooner, still. Amaya knows very little about their plans but she is trying to discover more for you." James replied, standing up now. "No more questions. I may already be punished for sharing even this much more." He finally chided. "We should return to my home. Your friends will be waiting for us."

James began to walk then, already knowing Odd would follow him. "Though... There is one more challenge to face, there, before you leave." He whispered to himself.

~~~

At the mansion, Celeste's mother watched a dancing flame flicker around the edge of the garden as the creature creating it waited impatiently for something. She knew what it was waiting for but how much longer would it be willing to wait?  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:26 am
Forgetting Ulla for a moment, Absinthe gave in to her excitement and rushed headlong into the garden, not realizing she was in danger of getting lost until she could no longer recognize her surroundings.

"Okay, that was potentially a mistake. Nothing I can do about it now, though if I get out of here, I should try to be more careful from now on," the young Deathrage muttered to herself as she walked along the garden more slowly, trying to find a way back to the mansion so she didn't feel quite as lost. Unfortunately, something else would catch her attention - a small Pokemon with white and pink fur. Abby of course didn't recognize the creature, but thought to herself that it was probably something that Keiko would catch and that it probably wasn't worth her time. However, she checked its data anyway, and when she saw its typing and Pokedex information, her interest was piqued.

"Alright, let's see if your Pokedex entry is accurate," Abby retorted, letting Angela, her Combusken, out of her ball. Recognizing the challenge for what it was, the small Pokemon stood on its hind legs and Leered at Angela, its frightening black eyes staring into the Fire-type's soul.

Angela was a hardened fighter, however, and while the move forced her to drop her guard a bit, she refused to show fear. "Don't take that, Angela. Double Kick the little baby Pokemon back to its mama!" Abby demanded. The tough Combusken obeyed, lunging at her opponent with two energy-imbued talons. The attack landed, dealing super-effective damage, but the small Pokemon didn't seem that hurt by it. "You're a toughie, I'll give you that," Abby grunted, but before she could order another attack, the enemy retaliated with a powerful Thrash, barreling through Angela and dealing significant damage to her. "Jeez!" Abby spat, more than a little surprised at the small Pokemon's strength.

"Alright, that was your one and only free shot. Angie, focus your energy while bulking up, and do it quick. Starting to get the feeling you'll need all your strength for this," the adolescent ordered. The Combusken began amplifying its strength. This helped Abby's starter weather the tide of Thrash, but she was starting to feel the pain. "Alright, hit it with a Counter! Don't hold back!" The strength that Angela summoned with Counter was incredible - once Thrash came around for the third time, the Combusken was able to fully turn around the strength behind the attack, knocking the enemy squarely on its back and inflicting Confusion - thought that was the result of Thrash running its course. That said, Angela was not immune to the damage the third Thrash inflicted, and the Fire-type was running out of steam. "Quick, Slash it before it gets up!" Absinthe ordered. The Combusken scratched at the small Pokemon with her talons, but was unable to score a critical hit with the move. The enemy, however, powered past its Confusion to deliver another Thrash, knocking Angela on her feet and knocking her out.

Abby recalled her fainted Combusken in a panic, though the Deathrage pride swelling within her refused to let her show her fear. "It's up to you, Palladia!" Abby roared, letting her Machop out of its ball. The enemy began moving to Thrash at the newcomer, but wound up hurting itself instead, giving the Machop the perfect opportunity to attack. "No holding back! Cross Chop!" Abby blurted in a panic. Palladia, sensing her trainer's distress, ran up to the enemy and delivered two swift strikes simultaneously, though failed to score a critical hit with her attack. The small Pokemon, clearly frustrated, began stomping at the ground before racing toward Palladia, gathering Ground-type energy before colliding into the Machop via Stomping Tantrum. This knocked Palladia back significantly, but she was far from fainting.

Abby scoffed as a plan formed in her mind. "I know this will soften you up a bit but it has to be close to fainting now. Use Close Combat, okay?" Palladia nodded before gathering Fighting-type energy and lunging at the enemy, landing many blows against it. The small Pokemon, weakened though it was, refused to faint, and instead pummeled Palladia with Flail - the enemy's last resort to knock Abby out of the fight. Palladia couldn't take the attack with all the damage she had taken up to this point, and fanted as well.

Knowing that Broly didn't have any moves that would be super-effective against this Pokemon yet, Abby decided to try her luck with a Pokeball, chucking it at the small Pokemon with all her strength, as if that would increase the chances of capture. Surprisingly, however, the ball continued rolling until it finally pinged and rested still. Surprised and elated, Abby picked up the ball, planted it on her belt and promptly sat for a rest. "That was intense," the young Trainer sighed, only to catch a glimpse of a much larger creature in the shade. Those markings, those colors, there could be no question - it was definitely a larger, perhaps more evolved version of her catch, and it was staring at her murderously. It had to be the mother of the Pokemon she just caught.

"BEWEARRR!" the large Pokemon roared, raising its arms menacingly. Abby had one Pokemon left, but she knew he couldn't take on this monster when both Angela and Palladia fell to its cub. With no other recourse, Absinthe swallowed her Deathrage pride and ran as far and as fast as her adolescent legs could take her with no thought to her destination other than it being a place of safety. To her surprise, when her legs could carry her no longer, she found herself back at the entrance of the garden, with the mother of the Stufful she had just caught nowhere in sight.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:18 pm
Ulla listened to the lady before she could even realize, Abby has already left her. Ulla panicked slightly as she felt a pat on her head as it was her Decidueye who was ready for a battle. The little fairy smiled nervously "Alright, lets get going."

Once they entered the garden, they soon got lost after moments of being in there. Decidueye was leading the way around as he was keeping his eyes out for any Pokemon that would spook them. Ulla was right behind him clinging onto her Mimikyu plushie that Ter gave her for her birthday. "D-Decidueye, see anything?" The tall bird turned back to his trainer as he saw a small dark arm about to wrap around her. The owl quickly acted as he made his own shadow move to perform Shadow Sneak as his Shadow slapped the dark arm away. Ulla quickly turned around to see it was a dark spirit. There was no physical form, but it did have an outline of some sort of Pokemon. She felt her heart sink at the sight as she quickly ran behind Decidueye.

"What is that Pokemon...it doesn't even have an actual form." She said as the spirit started acting wild and leaped out as it used Play Rough on Decidueye. The spirit was very angry as it unleashed so much of it's pent up anger on Decidueye as Decidueye couldn't fight back. The spirit then took the opportunity, while Decidueye was distracted, launch itself at Ulla. Ulla panicked as she held out her Mimikyu plush infront of her as the spirit took refuge in it. Her plush then started to move around as the seams of it started to become undone. Both of them were able to hear it ripping apart as the fluff came out from the bottom. The little girl let go of the doll as it was now possessed by the spirit. "Now we can attack it with a physical form." She said as her partner looked a bit concerned. She merely smiled. "It's okay. Papa will understand." She said as she pointed at the now Mimikyu.

"Shadow Sneak again!" She ordered as the Decidueye took a few steps forward as his shadow moved quickly towards Mimikyu. Mimikyu also used Shadow Sneak but fell short of the attack as it was slashed right across the face. "Energy Ball!" She said as she pulled out a Pokeball getting ready to capture it. Decidueye focused grass energy into his hands as he launched it sending Mimikyu flying. Ulla then threw the Pokeball in the air hitting Mimikyu as it was absorbed into the ball which soon followed by a click. Ulla caught the Pokeball as it fell as it wasn't shaking or anything. "Did it work?"

Ulla let the Mimikyu out as it was now on the ground staring directly into her soul almost. Decidueye noticed it little arm come out as he thought it was going to reveal what it actually looked like under. He was about to act but noticed Ulla pat it's head. "You wanted my plush so you can have a disguise huh? Was that all?" She asked not so afraid anymore. The Mimikyu nodded as it seemed to be more calm now. "I'm glad that you like it. But, you did destroy a present that I got from my Papa. So I'm a little upset. Probably going to have to explain this to him." Mimikyu was shocked as they didn't mean to destroy something so precious. It just wanted a physical body. It then had an idea as it tensed up. It then held out it's dark arm to Ulla as she grabbed it as it pulled itself into to the little girls arms. It stayed still as if it was still a regular plush. The little girl merely giggled. "I'm glad you don't want me to get in trouble. But it's really not necessary. You think you could direct us back to the mansion."

The Mimikyu didn't answer at first as it was enjoying being in Ulla's arms. It felt the love Ulla put in the plush also in her own warmth. The ghost/fairy Pokemon then snapped out of it as it used it's dark arm to point them in the direction back to the mansion.  

Cecile Silverstone

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:43 pm
By the time the girls had completed their personal journeys through the garden and returned to the entrance to the mansion, Odd and James had arrived with the Channeler staring off into the distance, intently focusing on something he saw there. "I must assume you see it." James questioned Odd calmly as he waved for the two girls to come closer to the house. "The garden will survive but the two of you must come here, close to the house so that your friend may have the space he will nee shortly.

Should either question why, a bone cloaked in shadows would come flying through the air, an eerie green flame on either end. "Maro!" The fiery, Shadow Bone would loop through the edge of the garden and circle back to it's progenitor.

"Of course I see it!" Odd retorted to James' question as the emerald flames he was watched grew closer and brighter. "What's an Alolan Marowak doing here?" He questioned the Xatu hybrid.

"A personal challenge, of sorts, from Amaya." She had her Dusknoir transport it here to await you some time ago. "

"Of course she would..." Odd replied, drawing Wraith Harvest from it's clip at his waist and pulling an Ultra Ball from his belt. "Adagio." He invited his Lampent into the garden as he opened the Ball. Femata stood by Odd's side, a silent grassy guardian, as the Lamp Pokemon made her way forward to challenge the Bone Keeper.

"Maro!" Marowak exclaimed, pointing it's bone at her, drawing it back before lurching forward with a Bone Club. Odd jumped forward and met the bone with his sickle's backside, deflecting it away thanks to the sharp curve of the near-circular crescent blade. "Adagio, use Safeguard! Protect me from it's flames!" The Lamp Pokemon nodded and spun in place, sending out a wave of protective white energy, falling veil-like over the garden.

Marowak grunted and drew back it's bone again imbuing it with shadowy, accursed energy, before striking once more. The Shadow Bone was met, this time, by a Devil Whisper halberd of Ghost energy Odd had forged in the moment he had between attacks. "You and I will be the ones battling here!" He assured the Ghost/Fire-type. Adagio's presence was merely to keep the battle fair and equivalent, preventing the other Pokemon from utilizing it's Fire moves against him.

Speaking of Fire moves, Marowak began to spin it's bone rapidly, forming a whirling ring of flames which it hurled toward Odd. Fortunately for the Channeler, he'd had the foresight he had and Adagio thrust her body into the flames' pathj and soaked up the emerald fire, preventing it from reaching her master and buffing herself, though she didn't plan to use the buff if she didn't need to. "Great job, Adagio!" Odd praised as he spun on his heel and swung his shadowy halberd toward Marowak with tremendous speed in a sweeping arc.

"Wak!" The Bone Keeper exclaimed as it jumped into the air, deftly dodging the swing and flipping over in the air to bring another Shadow Bone down upon Odd from above. It didn't expect him to have used his momentum to carry his spin all the way around and switch it's direction into an overhead swing of his own. The two Ghostly weapons clashed in the air for the moment, small spiritual sparks flying from the point of collision before the two moves shattered, sending Odd stumbling forward a step or two from the stance he'd been holding to keep pressure on his attack.

Marowak stamped it's foot into the ground as it landed and, dipping low, it came back up to thrust a balled-up paw into the human's torso like a fist. Just as it did, a jagged spire of stone erupted via Stone Edge, attempting to skewer the Channeler through the stomach.

Unable to escape the attack in that distance, Odd recalled, just as the attack pierced his stomach, that he had lost control of his intangibility, for the most part, in exchange for it reacting on it's own to physical assaults such as this. The proof would come as he stepped straight through the spire, and also through Marowak before he became solid again. Shadowy ribbons erupted from his own shadow as he utilized Pharoah's Oppression to wind them around Marowak's ankles while it was stunned and, by the time it realized it was entangled, Odd had already turned to face it again. Glaring into the Pokemon's eyes, he unleashed a maddening wave of Eldritch Maleficence at the Maorwak.

Momentarily scared senseless by the insanity-inducing images being engraved upon it's soul, Marowak stumbled as it attempted to escape, tripping over the shadowy bindings around it's legs, damaging itself as it slammed into the ground face-first. Drawing back his hand to his side, a black light engulfed it for a moment before he thrust his fist forward light a punch. From the punch was launched a seemingly endless barrage of tiny, needle-like arrows of Ghost-type energy via his Infernal Fusillade.

Gripped by the madness of his previous attack, Marowak was unable to flee properly, bombarded by the attack as it's energy was whittled away little by little. Odd was breathing heavily by the time he ceased the attack, recalling Fermata at this point and letting out Cadenza. "I'm running out of energy..." He informed his primary comrade. Normally he wouldn't have tried channeling so much without the Pokemon present to act as a sort of "battery" to help fuel his channeling.

~You're going to kill yourself if you keep trying to rely on your own energy too much.~ Cadenza informed the man as he rushed to his side, latching onto his back and beginning to funnel energy from their surrounding through himself and into Odd.

"I know... I'm sorry." Odd responded verbally to Cadenza's spiritual commentary. "Thanks for always helping me out, though."

Without every getting up from the ground, Marowak began to sing a soft, mournful song filled with the sound of regret and vengeful desires. "Perish Song! We need to end this now!" Odd realized. "We have one of two options left. And I opting for the more dangerous choice!"

Odd's Ghostly energy flared with Cadenza fueling him, droplets of shadows rising both from his own shadow and from the hole in Cadenza's back, fragmented souls they had absorbed over the years being returned to a corporeal form as they poured energy into them. Ghostly dopplegangers of the various Snagems as well as various enemies whose energy they had claimed for themselves over the years began to form, a Black Parade of death marching forward to strike at the still-singing Marowak. As the last of the parade laid waste to their target, Odd followed it up with one final attack, hurling an enormous orb of ethereal flames at Marowak.

The flames consumed the remnants of the spiritual energy that he had expended using Black Parade, burning it and returning it slowly to him at the same time it burnt up the last vestiges of Marowak's energy. Pulling a Dusk Ball from his pocket, he prepared to throw it when something terrifyingly familiar struck his senses. He actually recognized this soul. He threw the Dusk Ball at last, drawing the Alolan Marowak into it in the dim heart of the forest mansion, the garden canopy providing the ideal location for the Ball's boosted capture effect to work. As the Dusk Ball came to a stop and beeped rather quietly, Odd spoke a name. "Beat..." Did he remember Odd? That would need to be determined later.  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff