{PRP] Aden meet... Aden?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:01 pm
"Mother, please." Aden snarled as Sozin circled her daughter, flicking her tail harshly as the older female sized her up. After seeing Zara the other day things in their relationship had shifted, something inside her mother had changed.

"Child, you are getting old." the older lioness chuckled as she finally stopped her judgmental circling, standing in front of her oldest daughter.

"You're one to talk-" the younger lioness frowned as she gave her mother a playful snarl, pushing past her as she left the shadow of her den. She would step outside into heat, softly sighing to herself. Why was she being hounded now?

"I just think it's time you started looking for someone, Aden." Sozin nodded as she followed the red female.

"Don't you think it would be nice to share your time with someone else?"

"I share my time with family." Aden snapped as she turned back around. "Isn't that enough?"

"No. It's not. You need to add to this family, Aden. None of my children have given me grand-cubs. Do you want me to die sad and alone?"

As her mother spoke Aden walked on, rolling her eyes in annoyance. Today was going to be a really long day.

He never thought he'd be back in the desert. After his failed fights, the fiery male found himself keeping his distance from the area. The sifting sands just weren't for him.

Or so he thought.

Something caused his paws to travel the distances to the dunes, back to the hotspots of the pride borders. While he didn't know if he would be up for a challenge to the fire pelted felines, Aden certainly would like to try and get to know more about the pride he had failed to win a challenge in.

His bright eyes narrowed at the bland scenery. What he once saw with multiple red, black and white lions were now barren.

Ah...well. So much for his great idea. Aden stretched, about to turn away when he saw a flash of hulky felines heading his way. Ah...females? A smirk on his maw as he stood his ground. The males were strong in this land, but females? He'd have to find out about that.

"You need to back off, Sozin." Aden snapped one last time before her eyes narrowed on a figure in the distance. Her paws brought her to a stop as she turned to speak to her mother, who was still going on about legacy and carrying on the family name. "Who is he?" the lioness questioned as the male moved closer, heading toward them with confidante.

"Him? I wouldn't know. I haven't seen him before." the older female found herself shrugging as her golden eyes glanced forward.

"You should introduce yourself." Sozin chuckled as she quickly elbowed her daughter, smirking under a cheeky grin.

"Introduce myself? Please." the red female rolled her eyes as she flexed her forearms. Why would she ever do that? For a moment Aden stood in silence, as if pondering her next move. Why was this such an awkward situation? Why did her mother have to be here with her? This was embarrassing.

The two female's seemed to be lacking in approach towards Aden. He found himself beginning to frown, shaking his head before the smirk lifted back to his maw. Ah, well, they could either awkwardly stare at each other, or Aden could move over to them and meet them.

And yet, his white paws were not moving. Awkward staring was now ago.

Aden snorted. Screw it. "Ladies~" the male called out. "I know I am encroaching your territory, and I really don't feel like dueling for entrance just yet to gain ranks amongst you, but I was wondering," the male still talked, his voice carrying over the sounds. "Could either of you dashing ladies be able to tell me more about the pride itself?" So Aden was a bit dumb to just challenge for a pride he knew little about. Before he decided to be pummeled into the earth again, best get to know about the pride right?

"So he is foreign-" Sozin whispered as the male moved closer, speaking to them forwardly. At first Aden frowned, cocking her head to the side as this new male explained himself, yet, as the conversation went on she eased up, nodding at his questions. Perhaps a duel could wait.

"I see. " the red female spoke out, introducing herself first. "I am Aden." she paused in-between her words "and this is my mother Sozin." she was large and as fiery as her pelt, yet Aden knew when to act properly. Her eyes narrowed as she glance back at her mother, who stood looking unamused.

"You will have to duel to gain entrance, yes." the older female responded with a firm nod.

"-But we are a pride of strengthen and equality. Both males and females carry the same weight around here. We are warriors and skilled hunters." Aden added with a nod of her own as her eyes looked him up and down.

Normally at introductions, Aden would glance to each member of the party in a greeting. However, as soon as the red female spoke her name, his smirk widened. "Aden eh? That is a nice strong name." He attention finally faltered to Sozin, bobbing his head towards the other's mother. "Did you name her? Is Aden short for anything or just Aden?" His head tilted as his bright eyes flickered back towards the red lioness.

"Well...Aden...Sozin...I am Aden." The toothy grin appeared as a small chuckle emitted from his maw.

"A pride of strength hmm." While he looked the part of the pride, he definitely found himself lacking strength. He wouldn't have failed duels if he was stronger. "That seems like some other prides I had ventured through. However, the equality bit wasn't the same. They prided themselves on having strong males, and strong females for den." Aden shook his head. That was most definitely not the lifestyle for him.

"Now if it could be opposite, I think I would dig that." He jested. He'd be a lazy house husband if he could.

"So...Aden..." He glanced back towards the lioness, completely infatuated with her name. "Do you duel?"

As this other Aden spoke the red female found herself laughing, nodding toward her mother. "No, Aden isn't short for anything. It's just my name." her golden eyes glittered as she glanced back at the male in front of her. Both females listened to the story of his homeland, frowning at the mention of females being saved for den duties. This was unreasonable and it made both Aden and Sozin cringe in disgust.

"Well, Aden, I can assure you that here in our homeland, females are just as strong as males, if not more so." Sozin spoke with a puffed chest, smirking toward her eldest cub. "Aden and Aden, what an thing fate it."

"Please-" the red lioness frowned as did her best to ignore her mothers persistence. At his question she smiled, nodding. "I do. I enjoy the thrill of a fight."

"Ah, I agree female's should be just as strong as males. Just because we have extra bits doesn't mean it should equate to strength." Aden shrugged, glancing at Sozin's word as fate.

"Fate?" His head tilted. Females were sometimes a funny creature. He shrugged. "Fate is a funny concept. Do you think this is fate, Aden?" Okay, so now he was probably just saying her name just to say it.

He nodded. "Well, perhaps then I can request a duel from you. Maybe I can see the skills of a lady of the pride. I have seen a male's strength already, and pretty sure that is where..." he looked on his shoulder, to a healing scar. "This one came from. Your pride is strong, that is for sure. The rogue lands most certainly haven't hardened me up yet."

Was he flirting? The red lioness found herself blushing at his constant need to say her name, er... their name? He was most defiantly teasing her. She gave him a playful smirk before her mother moved to stand between the pair, speaking in a tone that was a little less friendly. "You have an interest in my daughter, Aden?" Sozin was a forward creature, never one for formalities.

"I think you two should duel, you need to test this males abilities as a warrior if he is going to court you."

"Court me!?" Aden snarled and pushed the older female away from her with one swift thrust. "We just met, like, just a second ago."

"And?" her mother frowned. "It's never too early to be bold."

"I am so sorry-" Aden frowned as she glanced back at the newcomer. "My mother is insane."

Interest in her daughter? It took a lot to surprise the male. He found himself quickly replying. "I mean, would you be jealous if I did?" He eyed the darker lioness, the smirk remaining on his maw.

"Now...It's surely been more than a second since I met you Aden. It's been more like...a minute. Probably longer. But, surely courting is not out of the option just yet. I do like to see the skill sets of my potential partner anyways. Gotta make sure she is a good huntress to feed any potential children we may have, all that jazz. Of course, I'd be assisting with that, but I already know what I am and am not capable of." He watched Aden, eyeing lighting up in amusement.

"Why don't we make it a date then, Aden?" He intentionally used the word, to spark interest for the red female's mother. "A duel date. But, I would have to ask Sozin stay at home for it. We could get...personal?"

Aden and Sozin would probably become good friends if he were to gain access to the pride.

What on earth was happening here? Her eyes were wide with disbelief as her heart dipped deep into her chest. Had her mother just pawned her off to the first male they met? And an outsider to boot? She could hardly think straight.

"Ohh, well, look at this." Sozin smirked as she nodded in agreement, pushing her child to the side once more. "She will be there."

"You can't speak for me." Aden snapped as she frowned at the both of them. "I will pick my own fate, thank you very much."

Though he was being very forward she couldn't help but feel a little guarded, still, Aden didn't have much to lose. Maybe this would just end in a good fight between two Adens?

"Alright Aden." she smirked as she spoke his name. "I would love to duel you. Tomorrow sound good?" The date was set. She would be here tomorrow if he promised to show up.

"Tomorrow sounds like a plan. Dusk?" Aden offered.

"My paw pads haven't quite adjusted to the heat filled sand during the mid day when I usually try to challenge." He advised. "And while I don't expect you to go easy on this rogue, any little bit of an advantage I can try to take to level the playing field is needed." He grinned.

"I guess I should get going to prepare. We can meet here." The fiery male turned to leave, before glancing over his shoulder to the darker female. "Don't worry Sozin, I am sure you will be seeing me more." He couldn't help but flash a wink at Aden. "Until tomorrow, Aden." The male strolled off, leaving the two females to their previous chat.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:02 pm
Fin, WC: 1930

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out