Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Motoujamii Lands
[PRP] Welcome to the Desert (Huolongmai x Onwa/'Maini)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The trip outside of the Motoujamii lands had bee absolutely thrilling. There had never been a time in her life where she had felt so alive, so full of potential. She knew it was from reacting tot he various new stimuli, to the concept of a world beyond the desert sands. Danger and being stranded aside, she would greatly love to do it again.

But the sensation of coming home, to her family, friends, and culture that she knew and loved? Irreplaceable. She had felt like she was floating when she saw her parents again. A few nights of deep discussions had brought out knowledge of her parents that she hadn't known before, and it put a lot of her own life into perspective. Chasing after the thrill was one thing, but she needed to be responsible if she was really going to receive the promotion of sentinel. So after resettling in, and accepting the fact that Adanna got pregnant over their trip... she had thrown herself into her work again.

The sun was beginning its trek down towards the horizon, night would be following in a few hours time. The sun's warmth always seemed to ease up around this time, but it was also so bright. She found herself moving towards an outcropping of rocks, to find shelter in the shade to let her eyes rest. The sand was dull, and yet bright. It was hard to tell that a sandstorm had struck. Enough moving paws in these busy parts had shuffled off all the smoothed out sand.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:22 pm

Onwa’ohuru was not as cheery as usual. She’d been out in the middle of the day in summer before, but for some reason it was far warmer in the desert than it ever had been in the Mwezi’Johari. For the first time, she entertained a doubt about her decision to accompany Matumaini. But only one doubt. After all, ‘Maini was Low Class and he should have someone from any higher class to protect him from the Great Lion’s displeasure.

Someone should fix the desert to avoid Onwa’s displeasure though.

“Please tell me it cools down,” the lioness muttered.

‘Maini smiled at his friend. He was glad she’d insisted on coming, if only to be present as a friend. Not that they hadn’t become familiar with the Firekin who’d guided them, but none had really become more than acquaintances. So when the two saw Huolongmai, it seemed a good opportunity.

“Happy to be home?” the white lion asked as they came near the red lioness. As a conversation starter, it probably left a fair bit to be desired. But he didn’t want to be rude. And while Onwa wasn’t at her happiest today, ‘Maini figured he could keep her from offending too many people.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:30 pm
"Oh!" Huolongmai scooted over to make sure there was ample room in the shade that the outcropping offered. Anything was better than nothing, and she wanted to ensure that Onwa was able to protect her dark fur against the harsh sunlight.

"Are you two getting along ok?" she asked, her olive eyes bouncing between the two of them. "To be honest, I am happy to be home, though a part of me misses always moving on my paws. It was a very exciting trip, and I learned a lot." A massive understatement, but she did need to give herself time to absorb everything that happened before entertaining a second excursion outwards, if her superiors granted sentinel status.

"I know the heat is the obvious issue, but the sand can drain you just as fast," she added on with a soft smile.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:09 pm
"I think we're still learning our way around your pride," Matumaini replied for both of them after a glance at Onwa'ohuru who had taken advantage of Huolongmai's unspoken invitation to lie down in the shade. "But I hope we can learn every bit as much as you did in our pride."

"So far the biggest difference, I think, is the weather," the white lion added.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sand is everywhere," Onwa muttered as she lay down. The lioness let 'Maini carry the bulk of the conversation for the time being as she knew she wasn't comfortable enough to keep the most civil tongue in her head. Besides, it was a good partnership they had. She protected him from the consequences of a Slave out on his own, and he kept her from offending the touchy red lions.

"It's wholly possible that, if we stay here long enough, this may seem like home," the black lioness observed.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:39 pm
"True. The heat is one thing to bear, but do remember that it can get rather dry as well," Huolongmai replied. She glanced between to two of them, but felt rather thankful that the black lioness had gladly taken the refuge that was offered to her. "You can dehydrate easily if you aren't being careful. The are many Water Seekers here that can show you to the best watering holes that are nearby. Small, but adequate."

She turned her attention to Onwa, smiling warmly. "Your pride was full of rather welcoming hosts; I hope you feel the same here." The red lioness wasn't really sure how o be a hostess, but she knew it wouldn't be that difficult to be nice to them. Offer a level of friendship as a basis for familiarity, and see if that assisted in the relations between the prides. At the very least, she couldn't mess it up, right?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:54 pm
"I had noticed that there seemed to be less and less water as we came closer," the white lion replied after a moment of thought. He hadn't realized that the substance was so incredibly vital that an entire rank was devoted to finding it. That was different, and certainly important to know.

"If you're anything to go by, the Motoujamii is quite welcoming," 'Maini told Huolongmai.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The black lioness made a face as their hostess mentioned the possibility of dehydration but didn't comment. The idea was unpleasant to contemplate, but obviously the red lioness wouldn't feel it necessary to mention if it wasn't a risk.

"We haven't been here very long," Onwa observed. "I'll hope we're as comfortable here as you were in the Mwezi'Johari." But only time will tell, the lioness finished to herself. Everything was so very different.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:09 pm
Huolongmai smiled at the kind comment that the white lion had offered her. She didn't realize how much she had appreciated it until it was offered to her. "Thank you. I will say that some of the older generation may be a bit prickly, but overall everyone is kind enough. You are guests, and as such I hope everyone treats you that way. Once you are situated, I am sure you may find a simple task here and there to learn, teach, or assist. Many of us strive to be the best we can be." For her, that was training. She didn't train as rigorously as her mother, but she didn't want to be a battle master, either.

"Is there anything I could help you with?" she asked Onwa, feeling particularly sorry for her black coat making the adjustment more difficult. "I won't hide it, I was impressed with the warm welcoming that the Mwezi offered us." Huolongmai had never left her homelands prior to that, and she never would have guessed that other prides were welcoming to strangers, rather than chase them off right at the border.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:05 am
“Prickly, is it?” Onwa asked. “Let’s just hope none of them are psychopathic regicides then, now shall we?” She might not have been alive for it, but her pride’s past had shaped her life as well as that of her best friend. After all, his mother wouldn’t otherwise be Queen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Onwa!” Matumaini was horrified that she’d say such a thing out loud and to their friend and hostess. The white lion jabbed at the black lioness with a paw, though it wasn’t more than a touch, not even the fear of a bruise. Embarrassed, he looked up at Huolongmai.

“I’m so sorry, she’s just out of sorts because of the heat,” he apologized on Onwa’s behalf. Hopefully the Firekin lioness would overlook what his friend had actually said.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:05 pm
Huolongmai blinked slowly as Onwa, not quite sure if what she heard was what really had come out of her mouth. She was rather thankful that it didn't seem like anyone else was within earshot to hear her. She tried to laugh off the slight bit of awkwardness, rubbing her forepaws together.

"Well, not quite. But some of them are rather traditional, and I don't recall us having ambassadors from another pride actually...stay within the borders." Not that she was a historian, but she had done her best to pay attention with her lessons when she had been growing up. She knew a bit of the past, but many of her teacher glossed over the Motoujamii's own civil war, from quite a while ago.

"I'm sure the heat breaking in the evening will help," she said, offering a look of condolence to Onwa. That black coat had to be very hard on her in the heat of day.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:25 pm
“They say one of the first things he did was force everyone to be nocturnal” Onwa mused aloud softly. That sounded rather appealing at the moment. “I could learn to hate the sun,” the lioness continued at a more normal volume. “But I suppose it would be rude to hold that against you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some days Matumaini wished he could just clamp down on Onwa’ohuru’s muzzle until she stopped talking. The black lioness had a bad habit sometimes of saying whatever thoughts came into her mind. It wasn’t the most diplomatic trait, and probably why her insistence on accompanying him to the Firekin had been greeted with several raised eyebrows. Even so, that didn’t render her own arguements invalid, and ‘Maini was generally agreed to be equitable enough to cover for her in most instances.

“Onwa, shut up,” the white lion sighed. Turning to Huolongmai, he told the red lioness “don’t let her fool you, nothing stops her for long.” As he had reason to know. So many reasons. Sometimes Onwa reminded him of a loving, if annoying, sister. But at least he had that familiarity in this strange desert.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:54 pm
Huolongmai laughed now. "Well, it can get rather dark at night," she began. "Which wouldn't seem like too bad of a thing, because the desert is rather flat. But you never know when an area is a bit too soft, and you can hurt yourself. But as long as you stay in the common areas, you'll be fine!"

Hopefully the soldier wasn't offering too much information to Onwa, but it would be what it would be.

"I think you two will be fine," she added on. "I know I said that already, but you do need a bit of attitude to survive out here."

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:11 pm
“A bit of attitude? Oh, do you think we have what it takes?” the dark lioness asked her friend, eyes sparkling in the sunlight. She completely ignored his boldly stated request for her silence as was her usual wont. If ‘Maini wanted Onwa to be quiet, he’d have to work a whole lot harder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I think we have that,” the white lion sighed again as Onwa showed her flagrant disregard for sense as per usual. “Let’s just hope it doesn’t get us in trouble. After all, we’re guests here and we don’t want to cause trouble.” The last five words were spoken with emphasis and Matumaini had glared in his friend’s direction.

She, of course, blatantly ignored him once again.

“I suppose we’ll just have to wander around and see what the daily life of the Motoujamii is like,” he concluded.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Safaia

Vice Captain

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:26 pm
Huolongmai offered another small laugh to the two Mwezi lions. "Well, I will do what I can to help you get out of trouble if you find yourselves in it," she mused. "At least I can vouch for you better than others could, having spent time in your pride as well as here."

She had a feeling that 'Maini wouldn't be too pleased with her words, but she had a feeling that they would probably get in trouble at least once. And once was a fine lesson to learn from.

"I will check in on you two later. Have a good remainder of the day wandering!" She would continue to rest here for the moment, before picking up another training session. She hoped that her elders would promote her to sentinel, but for the moment she would continue to hone her skills.

(end)  
[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff