Reply [IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands
[PRP] All About Patrolling

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:41 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rafiki wandered silently away from where his scouting party was formed, not terribly interested in staying among them but also knowing better than to go too far away. It was a patrolling day for them, a day to make sure that no unwanted rogues were milling about, and he was going to do so with hopefully no problems.

Not that he expected any. If anything, he was willing to bet that a few of their pride was out and about as well. Hunting parties had been sent out, and with it also drew some of the newer members who just wanted to explore. That was fine, they needed to learn the lay of the land anyway.

He just hoped that they didn't have to learn it by running into something - or someone - bad.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:48 pm
MangoMeow

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Zuru was out and about he was gathering information about the pride and trying to think up new stories to make things interesting, so he would have new tales to tell the cubs of the pride, he would have to tell the cubs of the pride about the restless spirits of the dead and how the pride had laid them to rest. He wasn't sure how the story ended just yet but he was looking forward to finding out he was sure it would make a good story. He saw a group of scouts as he passed nearing the border of the nezi lands. He didn't intend to leave the nezi lands he had made his pledge to stay here and this was were he would stay till the pride agreed to allow him to travel. He hoped that would happen someday so he would be able to gather more stories to share with the nezi. He continued on till he saw a green male walking alone. He smiled and called out "Greetings."  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:48 am
The N'echebe paused in his walking at the sound of someone calling out, and, turning his head, he stared at the other lion for a moment before finally giving a vague smile. "Hello."

While there was a decent amount of new blood around the pride, there weren't so many that he couldn't recognize one of them when they came along, so of course he quickly identified this one as one such individual. Which was good for the newcomer - he wouldn't have been quite to welcoming to a rogue that had just wandered in

Debating his options, Rafiki finally opted to move closer and introduce himself properly. After all, they were now a part of the pride, regardless of where they came from. Clearing his throat, he spoke up, "I'm Rafiki of the Agadi family. You?"

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:48 am
MangoMeow

Zuru smiled and then said "Greetings Rafiki I am Zuru of the Mberede family." He still didn't really know what it meant to be part of this family, since he had not spent much time with the Mberede family as of yet, he had met a few at the ceremony where he was named a member of their family, but he still felt they were a bit standoffish to welcoming the new bloods to their family line. He couldn't blame them for their fear since many of the new bloods including himself had the bright colors the pride feared. Fearing it would bring death and misfortune on the pride once again. "Are you on patrol today?"  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:32 pm
Rafiki hummed a yes, casting a glance around him as one more cursory look to make sure nothing was afoot, before turning his full attention back to the other lion.

"Yep. With all of the hubbub over the ghost lights, patrols have been increased to compensate. Wouldn't wait anyone untoward to take advantage of the scare, right?" he said with a grin. The lion shook his head next, "Of course, a lot of people are also using it to get adventurous as well." Particularly the young ones. With their parents so nervous, you'd think they would be stuck at home, but the majority of them were teenagers now, and like all teenagers, they wanted to rebel....

The green male huffed at that thought, and then continued, "So what about you? Out enjoying the day in the pride?"

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:50 pm
MangoMeow

Zuru nodded agreeing with Rafiki that the fuss about the ghost lights had turned the pride a little upside down and the patrols most likely helped to comfort the members of the pride. He grinned at the remark about adventurous "I think I fall into the category, or at least I did when I was younger, but still if you don't go look and listen you will never have any interesting stories to tell and I can't let that happen." Part of the backbone of who Zuru was, was an adventurer and storyteller. Right now he was settled down to this pride so he was unable to travel and adventure, but he could still gather more stories. "Yes, I am out wandering today, seeing what I can see and what I will hear that might make a good tale."  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:09 pm
Rafiki let out a snort at that, "But at least you're older and can handle yourself better when in danger." That was an assumption on his part, but with the former rogues, he was willing to bet that they knew how to confront danger better than a lot of his pride mates. After all, the locals reaction to the recent drama showed that they weren't... the best at handling it.

Shaking his head, he glanced around them, "Found anything of interest yet?" It was partially curiosity that prompted him to ask, but also a side way of seeing if there was actually anything of note happening today.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:17 pm
MangoMeow

Zuru chuckled "Facing down a rhino with a pride land youth that was certainly interesting, but chancing being slower in my old age, not sure if that would benefit me or not." Zuru shook his head "No not really things seemed to have grown more peaceful, I haven't spotted anything interesting you?"  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

MangoMeow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:02 pm
He raised an eyebrow, intrigued despite how horrifying that sounded. He could see a few of the youth in the pride attempting that too, which was a terrifying thought, since he would be the one having to stop them.

It was good news that things had turned peaceful though. Rafiki shook his head, "Nothing on my end either, which, given everyone's unease, is probably for the best."

He paused then as another of his patrol called out to him, snorting as they started making their way closer. Turning back to Zuru, he continued, "Duty calls, apparently. Hopefully we both just have a nice, calm day, huh?" It was said with a grin, before he turned to the approaching lion.

MiddyGlow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:09 pm
MangoMeow

Zuru nodded nothing exciting going on right now, which was a shame. He shook his head "Calm doesn't make for a story, good luck with your patrol." He said cheerfully before heading off.

(Fin)  

MiddyGlow

Sparkly Fairy

[IC] N'ezi-ozu Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas