Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Roleplayer Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for every roleplayer to become a better roleplayer. 

Reply Out Of Cookies
Future Drabbles VR

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:59 am
Toby was trying to get calmed down but couldn’t so he ended up leaving his normal training and skipping class. He was supposed to do a course online and actually do it with a few others in the tower but today he just wasn’t in the mood to be around others. The fact that the trainers bruised him up pretty good was obvious the fact that he tried his hardest to get at them without using powers per Frederick’s rules royally pissed him off and distracted him more until Frederick called it a day early and told him to leave and cool off. The old man knew if he was pushed something bad would happen. His mother wouldn’t be happen about the bruises but that was part of training. He was pissed because he knew others didn’t go through this but well… a few in the tower actually did, some even without powers so he couldn’t really complain much. Their training was just more, difficult.

So when he went to log into the “Game” as he referred to it, he wasn’t calling it the idiotic name Liam picked when they released it he was a little pissed to be still waiting in what they called the void. ”God damn it Liam.” He knew what was going on, sure enough he had a incoming call from Gramps. ”Don’t you have class?” ”Maybe…” Toby scoffed a bit, it was interesting they could make actual real calls with the tech, he helped work with that, well Gramps helped a lot too, mostly the two of them and a small crew, Liam and a very smaller crew did the programming. Gramps glared at him in the video window that had popped up. ”According to the fact that I got a alert that said you were trying to log in during school time you do.” ”Tell Liam to stop installing babysitter programs on EVERY…” ”Toby… we need to know you’re ok.” Toby took a deep breath and sighed, not wanting to get into it. ”No, I’m not, look at the date. I use part of the game, a area I specifically had Liam help program for me to meditate. I just can’t today…”

Jack looked at something and winced. He realized it was the anniversary of that particular day. ”Noted, I would…” ”Just let me in.” ”Only Liam can and he’s in class like he’s supposed to be.” Toby sighed and sat down a comfy chair appearing. ”Text him for me if you will I… my mind is in a million places at the moment and I’d probably just yell at him, I’ll do whatever he wants later if he wants a favor.” ”On one condition from me as well. Talk to Zain, while you’re in game, I know you let him beta test it to get a person from the health side response. And he’s one of the only few you actually talk to about that anyway.” ”Fine…” Toby waved a hand and agreed to whatever he’d have to to just get where he wanted to be. F*ck Liam for spying on him, even if it was for a valid reason. Jack was back in a few minutes and the login screen popped back on with a obvious message from Liam of “YOU OWE ME.” He probably got yelled at for possibly interrupting the class, whatever.

”It’s done, but talk with Zain Ok.” ”Yeah I will, thanks Gramps.” With that he ended the call and was able to log in. He was brought to the character selection. All of them even Lexa who while she didn’t really help a whole lot was still part of the main Admin group just to give them a hand had multiple characters to select from. All other players were limited to three unless granted by specific LONG quests or very rare dropped gifts from high level boss kills in dungeons. Today he selected his main character which was pretty similar to his own real self, most people would easily recognize him, which didn’t matter, that was part of the game, well and being a admin he could just go invisible whenever he wanted to. Accepting the character he was rewarded with the familiar voice over of the hired actress.

”Logging in.”  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:56 pm
Toby was at his log in checkpoint and watched the chat as a few noticed the “Admin login” pop-up some usually popped up hype or tried to get their attention knowing who they were. He watched for a bit then closed the chat. The reason he set this location today instead of the city was specifically that. This location was quite difficult for new players to get to. Hardcore players have gotten to it and he had talked to a few on occasion. The only people he allowed up here with easy access were Zain and the Monks. This location was a copy (not exact as it was harder to get to) of the Monastery that his Gramps had gone to for meditation training. While most actual hardcore traditional monks wouldn’t use the tech there were a few that would log in and train people in the ways if they could make it to the location. Toby made sure their time spent training others was rewarded in game if they asked though most didn’t though he made sure any time spent was recorded and he did donate some of the profit he took to charities in their name.

His normal character here people referred to as the Monk so being here was fitting. His parents probably though most of the time spent in game was actually destroying sh*t or randomly killing bosses, sure to level his other characters he would but only if he couldn’t get his mind straight. Well he figured they thought that, if Liam was spying on him he was sure at least his mom was getting some of the details. He walked a bit in the Monastery, his room was the spawn location. A few of the NPC monks acknowledged him and even some of the actual player monks. There were only two other players here today and they were in a meditation session with one of the senior player monks so he continued to the cliffside where he liked to meditate. He pause as he noticed that Zain had logged in and teleported him to the Monastery location. He was pretty much to the cliffside by then and sat down in the common sitting position and waited.

He was doing the breathing exercise when he heard the movement behind him and the Zain. ”Bad day?” Toby sighed and nodded. ”More or less.” ”Frederick messaged me and said you got a good beating today and I should probably check on you.” ”Just bruised, nothing is broken.” ”Did you put ice on it?” Toby shook his head and heard Zain sigh as he sat down a bit clumsily. He smirked knowing the wings from his Angel character were a bit annoying to get used to. ”Needed to come here to calm down and clear my head, if I didn’t, something was going to get destroyed. And at least if I did in here, its just virtual.” ”Should get you training in here.” Toby wanted to but shook his head. ”While the tech lets us feel some it doesn’t translate with psychic powers so combat training would probably work but dealing with psychic powers wouldn’t, we didn’t put full power capabilities in because we didn’t want to scare people.” There were some power classes that mimicked real psychic powers but only to class C. So normal people could get a feel of what it’d be like, telepathy was a b*tch to translate over, though Liam had figured a minor way to do it, wasn’t as strong as even the strongest Class C Telepath in the Real world but still worked to some fashion.

That actually caused a bit of stir with people but only the very far naysayers against psychics the few that were undecided grew a bit more understandable of psychic powers if they tried. He had heard that even some Senators tried even Paul, just to get a grasp of what his dad and Aunt Chris went through and Grams. It opened a few eyes, made a few more cautious. ”So all the times you come in game during your class times you’re here?” Toby sighed, he wanted to be pissed but he couldn’t be. ”Who all gets those damn reports?” ”Myself, your mother, your gramps, and obviously…” ”Liam… I want to be mad but I know they worry…” ”What happened to you with her, then Melina, it took you out of commission for a long while, of course they’re worried. Liam visited nearly every day, I’m not surprised he set up a monitor in game to keep an eye on you.” Toby blinked, someone had said something but hearing it from Zain actually confirmed that. He sighed deeply and closed his eyes, ”This is the Monastery that Gramps went to, there’s a few actual trained Monks that help people that are able to get to this location learn to meditate, its part of a quest. For me they help as part of my setting it up for them, and as a gesture of good favor to Gramps.”  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:34 pm
Zain nodded and sighed. ”So why the hell do I get stuck with a angel character? I don’t see an option to change this one. I mean I can make another one but I don’t really want to, I have a feeling one of you is forcing me to this.” Toby laughed and turned with a smirk to look at Zain. ”Its fitting though. You do realize that that particular character class is really difficult to get. Most normal players would have to usually play for years before they could even start the quest that would unlock that character for them. Just be glad you’re friends with the right people.” Zain sat on a rock so the wings wouldn’t be bothersome and glared. ”Stop patronizing me.” Toby shook his head and sighed, ”You can disable the wings you know. Though I take it you haven’t played enough to unlock that. I think you have to be level five. Once you get there you can call them whenever you want or have a normal appearance but keep the abilities.” ”You’re basically forcing me to play.” Toby shook his head, ”Pretty sure Liam was the one that locked your character class, I have no control over that.”

Zain stayed quiet for a while and he figured that he hit it right on. Apparently he and Liam had a few talks that made Liam decide to do that. Though being such a successful doctor for his age was kind of odd and it was fitting. Toby quieted his mind and left Zain to his own thoughts. His main character was a elemental and as a admin he abused it and unlocked all elements. Usually new people were only allowed one to two depending on how well they could concentrate. Part of the reason he wanted to train in meditation was to learn to control the power on a larger scale. He focused on the ocean which was a bit wild and noticed it calm. Zain watched and stared at Toby as the ocean in front of them calmed and then stared at it as part of it came up in a controlled funnel. Not like a tornado but just the shape, he could see the water moving to keep the shape but there wasn’t any wind force behind it. Then it changed into a giant sphere. He noticed a few of the monks had gathered behind to watch but sat quietly. He was sure one was a actual player but the rest were NPCs. Apparently Toby had a few followers here himself. Either that or the player monk was his instructor and he was seeing how Toby was doing. The man nodded to Zain but went back to watching. Zain did the same and stared as another funnel came up and formed into another sphere, and finally a third.

Toby had to keep focus to do this exercise. He could feel the others watching, but knew they were just keeping a eye on him. Zain was unknown to them so they were making sure he was ok most likely. He focused even more calming himself and made two more of the spheres, before he had a hard time even making one. The third gave him a bit of trouble but he managed and held it in the air for a while. He was using a bit of air though controlled, it wasn’t the force of a tornado but enough to keep the spheres up. He let them move slowly back into the ocean and opened his eyes and stood up turning back to Zain. Zain stared at Toby whose eyes were glowing like they would outside the game and wasn’t really surprised by it. It faded quickly and Toby let out a deep breath and smiled. ”Better? ”Much. Most come in and just kill or destroy randomly to calm down. While Liam is worried, this is actually what I do. Unless I can’t calm my mind I try to not do the other, unless I’m in a group that’s on a task that needs to do that.” Zain nodded. ”Random destruction isn’t always the best for stress relief.” ”Tell that to my dad.” Zain laughed, ”I have, trust me I have.”  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:18 pm
Liam was ******** pissed. He took in a deep breath and exhaled angrily. Two things pissed off Liam more than anything else. Having his schedule ******** with and Toby. Two things that just so happened to coincide today. Liam leaned against the wall and closed his eyes for a moment, taking time to calm down. Of course Liam was hyper aware what day it was, but he honestly didn’t think Toby would need to get into the game that badly that he’d get Jack to call him while he was in class…

He exhaled harshly again. The teacher had given him a harsh look when his phone went off, but didn’t say anything as Liam slipped out the door to take the call. It was easy enough to override from his phone but the whole point of the setting was so they would convince him to actually go to class. Still… Liam had already planned to check up on Toby later anyway, this just meant he would have to change his schedule around again. Which at this point it was already ******** so it wasn’t like the end of the world at this point. He knew he’d be distracted in class now but he wasn’t going to skip or anything. Liam wasn’t a heathen like his sister. Speaking of, he sent her a quick text along with Toni, so at least they’d know what was up. And he headed back into class.

After class, of course Liam was unsurprised to find a series of texts from Lexa.

”Wait what?”

”Oh ******** it is that day isn’t it…”

”Suppose I should go check up on him then…”

”Liam?”

”Right, you’re in class aren’t you. GDI, just skip and come play with us. Missing one day of class isn’t a big deal.”

”Fine… Just text me when you get out then.”

Liam sighed. Such a needy sibling. This is why he hated texting her. Before he could even respond though, another series of texts came through.

”Are you out of class yet?”

”You should be…”

”Will you please chill and stop texting me. I am out of class now. Can I at least make it home before you bother me…”

”No. On all accounts.”

”Oh I almost forgot…”

”Look at this idiot.”

She transferred a photo of Toby sitting in his room looking beat up.

”Jumped right into the game instead of taking time to fix himself up. Can you at least convince him to do that...”

”Unlikely.”

”Are you getting in game yet??? I need someone to help with this g…. HOld on”

Liam sighed. Of course she was texting and playing the game at the same time. Lexa was addicted. She liked games like this, which is one of the reasons they started the game in the first place. Of course there were other reasons but that’s the reason Lexa got involved.

”Soon. Besides, shouldn’t you be taking a break by now, I know you’ve been playing all day. And we are supposed to test later today. I don’t want you wimping out because you’re tired or hungry.”

She didn’t respond which gave Liam time to get back home at least. If she was having troubles with a boss, it was probably because she tried to do one meant for a party on her own. He set his bookbag down on the couch and heard a loud groan from Lexa’s room. She probably died then. His phone beeped with another message.

”Yea yea…”

He heard her door open and she exited, going straight for the fridge. She was still in her pjs, hair a mess from having the headset on all day. She yawned and grabbed a juice box, throwing it towards Liam without looking, knowing he’d catch it. She took out two pieces of sandwich meat, stuffing one in her mouth before grabbing a slice of cheese and a drink and closing the fridge door. To her, that counted at lunch or whatever meal time it was. ”Speaking of…” She opened her drink while continuing the text conversation they were just having.

”Are you going to go see him before getting in game later?” She leaned against the counter and looked over at Liam expectantly. ”No point. You’ve already talked to him.” She gave him the look Mom normally gave Uncle Topher when he said something stupid. ”You are worried, Liam. Its obvious. I can see it.” Liam sighed softly, god damn Empathy... ”Not that it's any of your business. He’s old enough to take care of himself.” ”And even still, as the youngest, here you are more worried about us than we are of you. Even if you won’t admit it. Even installing extra programs just to make sure he’s okay.” Liam glared at her and she shrugged.

”It was Aunt Tonya’s idea… besides I will install it on yours next. You like to skip class to play the game all the time. At least Toby had an excuse today.” Lexa stuck out her tongue. ”You had already started on it before she even brought the idea to you Liam… And anyway, I was off today. And I don’t always skip to play the game. I skip for all kinds of reasons. Just admit that you are worried, Liam.” ”FINE… If it’ll get you to shut your mouth.” Lexa cheered, pushing off from the counter and heading back to her room, stuffing the last sandwich meat piece and cheese in her mouth all at once. Before she disappeared though, she did mention one thing.

”Oh right. The boss test tonight… Take Toby instead.” ”Lexa! You pestered me to let you in this test for months...” She shrugged. ”And I’m telling you to go with Toby. Not like it matters which of us goes. Ya’ll are just testing for balance and scaling so it's not like you can’t take Toby instead. I can wait for it to come out like everyone else. Besides, this gives me a chance to do a the raid with my clan I usually miss out on. And you don’t have to deal with me. It's a win-win. She gave a little wave and disappeared back into her room. Only to reappear another second later. ”Oh and I was bluffing earlier by the way. Your colors are still as clear as always.” She laughed, ducking back into her room to avoid the empty juice box Liam threw in her direction.

Liam sat down on the couch, finally getting to his homework. Though, instead of starting it right away like he normally would have, he texted Toby first.

”You still in game? Please tell me you at least cleaned up after training today…”

”Lexa bailed on me tonight for the boss test we were doing. Want to come with?”

And then despite his better judgement he sent one last text….

”Maybe get some dinner before then? Have you eaten today at least Toby…”

Lexa was right about one thing. It was pretty easy to tell he was worried.  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:37 pm
Toby started to walk off and Zain thought he was going to go all the way back to the temple but he stopped as a grand piano appeared in the field of grass. ”Abusing your admin powers a bit are we?” Toby turned and smirked. ”No if I were I’d do this.” Zain felt the wings disappear and sighed. ”As much as I appreciate the gesture those do make it hard to get around.” ”Talk to Liam, though I doubt he’d budge, he’s… stubborn, like his mother.” Zain smirked at that comment coming from Toby, if Chris knew he was saying he’d probably get glared at, probably has. Toby sat down and played a creative version of Moonlight sonata and Zain just watched as he played. It seemed as though the air around the area flowed with the music and he figured that was part of Toby’s character class. ”Knew you played but not that well.”

Toby smirked as he finished and Zain made the comment. ”Literally everything for the game was initially done by us four. The original music, sound design and everything else was mostly myself, Toni, Lexa, Liam and our parents. Though don’t tell Liam I told you that, and he didn’t perform anyway, just scored some of the music.” Zane smirked, he figured Liam was hiding some skills, all of the family was musical in some ways or another, hell even Nate was. Toby sighed as a few pings started coming in and he scowled. If you don’t log out now and get something to it I’m going to let Salem shove your least favorite food down your throat. Toby groaned and let out a long sigh. Then got all the pings from Liam. He looked over to Zain pleadingly, ”Don’t suppose you’d help me escape from my family out of the game would you?” Zain shook his and smiled at Toby, ”Unfortunately no. I have a feeling the second you log out I have to go check on you. Most likely you wont be able to log back in until I give the say so.” ”God damn it.” Toby wanted to punch something but just clenched his fist and started counting backwards slowly for a bit. ”Its for your own safety Toby. From what I gather, you took a beating in hand to hand training today. I want to make sure you don’t have a concussion or anything serious like that. Your mother will most likely want me to verify that as well.” Toby nodded and waved a hand making the piano disappear then looked to Zain. ”Guess I’ll see you in a while then.” With that he logged out.
--
Toby woke with a groan and felt a small hand on his knee and had to not squirm. Most likely Salem was in his room as promised but luckily for the boy he hadn’t pushed on any of the bruises. ”Hey Salem, is your mom and Saline in the kitchen then?” Salem nodded and waited for Toby to stand which he did with a few groans and slowly stood up. Salem was quieter around Toby for some reason, the twins seemed to pick up on moods easily so he felt like a sh*t-head for making them always feel weird around him. He was still going through the recovery from dealing with the loss and having Malina slightly brain wash him into doing things while he was dealing with it. He was lucky they got to him when they did so he was stable now, at least sort of. When he finally went out to the living area he wasn’t surprised to find mom home early making something for lunch, Toni with Saline at the table and dad. ”Sit and eat, Zain is on his way over.” So lunch first, probably a conversation, aka long talk, visit with Zain to make sure he was actually ok then he’d be able to help Liam with that boss in game. ”I have to help Lia…” ”You need to eat first, and shower, that training takes a lot...” At that point Toby winced as his mother turned around and saw him for the first time she barely managed to not drop the bowl of hot food. ”Jesus Christ Toby… is that dried blood on your face? You should’ve showered when you got home.” He looked over at Toni who was getting Salem seated next to Saline and saw her with the “told you so” look staring at him.

Toby sat down, as his stomach growled, he wanted food first and needed to get this done and over with. ”I’ll get a quick one after Zain is done. I’m starving.” ”And you need to eat before getting in game too long.” He looked at the clock, it had barely been an hour since he had actually got home and in game. He was at the training room for a while working on a punching bag before Frederick finally told him to leave. After the actual training and that it was probably a cut on his head that had dripped and dried up, but he hadn’t even noticed. He quickly dove into the food and started eating, waiting for his parents to start saying things. But apparently they were just as hungry. Or waiting for a moment to have him alone to grill him. He pulled out his phone before he forgot and messaged Liam saying he would but he’d be a bit, had to eat, clean up, wait for Zain to clear him then he should be back in game. He finished quickly then without hesitation went to the bathroom to shower, least he could do for the checkup was get cleaned up so that Zain could tell what was actually there and not. He winced a few times when cleaning a few cuts and bruises then sighed letting the warm water relax his sore body a bit. He heard Zain come in the main area and finished up then walked out after getting dressed again in fresh clothes, that Toni most likely put out for him knowing he’d be using the shower.

Zain glanced over as Toby came out and started quickly with the check. ”Well obviously bruised a bit.” ”He had dried blood on his face earlier.” ”Small cut on the top of my forehead.” Toby pointed it out which was covered with a small bandaide now. ”I staid in the training room and worked on a punching bag, I think throwing that around probably made it bleed more.” ”I’m so giving Frederick hell for not cleaning you up.” ”He probably just wanted me out of there. I was PISSED.” Toby sighed and sat down on the couch. Finally his mother came over and gave him a long hug. ”You’re ok now though?” Toby made a so-so gesture with his hand and looked to Zain. ”Gramps and Liam let me in game to meditate but Toni wanted to make sure I ate something. Probably the twin connection telling her I was hungry.” Zain looked at his tablet and made a few checks on it. ”From what I can see he’s physically ok.”

Toby knew the “Mentally” was left out, they all knew he was still struggling with that. He closed his eyes and took a few deep breaths. ”Keep up with the meditation. These things take time, it’s nothing easy to get over.” He turned and faced his mom and dad, ”Let him do what he wants in his way as long as its not harmful to himself or others. If he needs to skip class from time to time for meditation, fine, at least he isn’t out destroying things.” Toby didn’t look up but he felt his mother give him another hug and knew Zain was looking at his father when he said the last part cause his father coughed a bit. ”Do you and Liam need help with whatever it is you’re doing?” Toby stood up after a while and gave Toni a hug. ”I think we should be ok, we’re testing a boss fight to see how it scales. Thank you sis for checking on me.” He gave Salem and Saline a hug and went back to his room feeling a bit better and refreshed and logged back in. He selected his other character a assassin rogue character after the initial login and opened his eyes, finding his character chained in an a jail cell. ”Well ********> He had forgotten about that.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:51 pm
Toby looked around the cell and noted that he was the only one there. More of a dungeon. He pulled up the log to recall what had happened and finally remembered the assassin quest he was on. Being captured was the only actual way to get in this damn place without being detected. Whoever coded this one was going to get a word from him when he was done. This location was out on a island so of course the quest level was hard, and Toby being Toby accepted it when the man had come to him. He had grown a name with his assassin character already apparently so the man knew he was skilled. He recalled being warned that it wasn’t going to be easy. He sent Liam a message saying he might be late and would be there as soon as he could be. Liam probably had a specific time he had to do this at or he’d have to wait again, the bosses only spawning in at certain times on the server was one thing they coded in so the spawns would relatively easy for major bosses. They were still debating on making it a bit more random so people couldn’t sell the information on forums of the time or just post the information themselves to negate that. ”So you’re awake now finally eh boy?” A rough voice said in front of him. Toby turned his head and finally noticed the old man standing in front of the door to his cell, well guardsman would be more appropriate by the looks of his clothing.

”Wow you have eyes.” Toby said sarcastically to the man and went back to looking around for a way out. Well his feet were also chained so apparently he tried something already. Which is most likely why he was alone and not in a general cell. ”The great assassin Smoak is a smartass apparently, and not a very good assassin.” The man smirked as Toby turned his head quickly. That was his assassin character’s name, so apparently the man in front of him had done a bit of searching around. Either that or Toby did something stupid and use one of the known skills that only people have seen him use as Smoak openly. He closed his eyes and started meditating ignoring the man, they probably wanted to question him, ask him who had given him the quest but hell he didn’t even know fully, not even with his admin. He could probably hack into it and check but that’d too much time and he wasn’t as fast as Liam would be. He heard the man grumble and some keys jingle and the door opened. A blade was pulled and the man was about to say something but Toby opened his eyes at the same time.

The man tried to stumble back, to him they’d seem almost dark like smoke coming off them. He pulled his attention on the man first then mentally changed down to the wall behind him and the man flew at him as his point of gravity shifted. Toby used a bit more of a gravity well though so the man was literally being crushed against the wall, even though doing so used more of his mana. The man kept grunting and was now next to Toby on the wall trying to stand but unable to. ”You, made one mistake by thinking I was unarmed without my trinkets and weapons, for that you’re paying now, I’ll release you, if you release me.” ”Ne…ver.” The man was most likely have a very strong sense of vertigo. People not used to this magic would not be able to handle it being used on them. Some were quick to adjust, others simply got dizzy and gave up. Toby flicked his eyes up and the man went to what would be the ceiling. ”I can do this all day.” Not really, his trinkets, that he paid heavily thanks to Liam helped him regain his mana quickly so with those he could but without he couldn’t only do this probably for a few more minutes. The man now had his eyes closed. Toby released the gravity hold sending the man to the actual floor and just as the man was about to get back up he flicked his eyes to the ceiling sending the man to the ceiling with a grunt.
”Okay, okay…let me down.” Toby released the man slowly this time and he gradually fell to the floor and was in a standing position. The man glared at Toby and Toby shook his head with a “Get on with it” look and the man quickly undid the bindings holding him. ”Trust me, even if I did fail, you don’t want me as a captive.” Toby said rubbing his wrists. The motion triggered a memory from when Melina had put him in handcuffs at first when she didn’t fully trust him, he was still hurt over that and pissed, wanting destruction.

The guardsman must have saw something in his face because he paled a bit. Toby snapped out of it and looked at the man. ”The trinkets and weapons I had on me, are they close? You better pray they are or I’ll send you to the top of a tower and let you drop.” The man nodded and motioned for Toby to follow. He was still unarmed but that one ability had taken some damage from the man with Toby doing barely any thing so it was obvious the man was afraid of him now. They got to a room which was most likely this guys office and he pointed to a chest that was open and had all of Toby’s items. Toby quickly grabbed everything and equipped it, he didn’t have much on him for other things, just this stuff. He was about to go out when the man finally got some guts and stood in his way. Apparently an alarm of sorts had been set off, most likely a rune in the office. ”You wont get away.” Toby sighed, ”Well I was going to let you live.” Toby quickly pulled out a dagger and threw it at the man’s neck. It was another item that he had Liam make, quite overpowered for this area. The man gurgled a bit and fell against the wall as he died. ”Pity, and I was starting to like you for helping me so quick.” He opened his menu and put on some music lightly in the background, he’d have to be able to hear the game noise but he wanted something to keep his pace going, some Massive Attack would do nicely for this task.

He crept along stealthily for a bit hearing shouting ahead of him quite a ways off. The castle he was in was massive, even the hallways were vaulted which would make his escape rather easy. He could hear the men coming towards him now so he quickly used his gravity ability to change his point of gravity to the ceiling and stayed quiet for a bit hiding around a pillar. He tilted his head in amusement and watched as a group of six rushed below him to the office he just left. Lots of shouting and now most likely another sort of alarm. He had started to run towards where they had came through and dropped back down. He heard one of them shout behind him and quickly turned the corner as the chase started. He didn’t speed off though as this was another long hallway, he changed his point of gravity again but to the wall and ran up to just above the door entrance. He pulled out his larger blades, becoming an assassin required a few other classes and one of them had the ability of dual wielding. As they all came rushing in they stopped right under him looking around. They saw him turn one way but he wasn’t there, this was a t-intersection so now they were highly confused as to where the h*ll he had actually gone.

He smirked and dropped down after releasing his gravity point back to normal. Admist the confusion he quickly disabled one of them then tossed aside a few attacks. He blatantly grabbed one guy tossed him and used a bit of the gravity magic to make the man go flying down the hallway of the office. He spun down low dodging high attacks, quickly jumped up with the help of his gravity magic over the men and was on the wall to the side of them attack them at a new angle. Now they were really confused but kept trying to attack him. The one down the hall he had thrown was just getting up and he pushed off the wall at one that seemed a bit more trained the rest and used the same tactic but was able to send him right into the man just as he got up, both went to the ground a few more feet down the hall with a loud crash as Toby was back on the actual floor now. Two more were left and he quickly broke one of their arms and body slammed that guy into the other and sent both into the office hallway, knocking the guys over once more before they could get back up again. This time he ran quickly, they’d be hurt, confused and pissed.

The area he was in didn’t have any windows so most likely a basement, he had to get higher to make his escape. The dungeon areas were usually locked from quick teleportation, they didn’t want to make it easy for players to get in and out of these situations. He found a staircase and rather than being a round tower it was actually normal with landings. He simply jumped from landing to landing skipping the stairs all together. He didn’t hear much of a commotion up where he was now and finally made his way out into another hallway. Finally there was some windows here, he was just stepping out as a group of guards stepped around the corner in front of him surrounding a large man. He recognized the man as the target he was supposed to have killed for this quest. The group stopped and started at him and he just stood there staring back. ”Trying to kill me again?” Toby smirked he had ways he could easily at the moment. ”You have a price on your head Sir. I have things I need to do that well. Pay better. Best use the information wisely and have more protection when you go out in public.” The guards started to come at him and Toby jumped out the window.

That floor was pretty damn high up, he hadn’t counted how many flights he had skipped but holy f*ck. He quickly changed his point of gravity and latched onto the side of the tall castle before falling to his death. He looked up to find the man and the guards staring down at him through the other windows. He gave a lazy salute as a wave and walked down out of their range, some did have bows. He was able to teleport now and teleported to the region that Liam had marked on the map for him to meet up. The whole escape had probably taken less than twenty minutes but Liam would’ve known the minute he logged in so most likely was already waiting. He searched around and couldn’t find the little sh*t yet, probably testing his assassin class. ”Ugh, Liam, god damn it, I just had to escape from a castle holding and now I’m here. I’m sorry you had to wait, stop hiding from me you little twerp.”  

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

Sl1pstr3am2010
Crew

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:08 pm
[[ so Toby's Main Elemental character is pretty much a copy of himself just with various clothing from the game.

His Assassin character is going to be pic claim Arthur Pendragon (Alter) from Fate/Stay series

https://www.zerochan.net/2137028

https://www.zerochan.net/2363527

https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/013/006/900/large/hardika-bayu-arthur-proto-bayu-hardika.jpg?153760490
]]  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:20 pm
Liam was distracted. Usually when he got home he started on his homework right away. Not that it would be due for another couple of days but he liked to get it done as soon as possible. He tapped his pencil against his book, checking his phone every few minutes, waiting for Toby to respond. Eventually he set the pencil down and rubbed his temples, closing his eyes and concentrating on his breathing. It wasn’t like him to get worked up like this. Toby was fine, probably caught by his family by now. As if to confirm his suspicions, Liam’s phone beeped with Toby’s message. Checking the message he sighed. Though he had expected as much, he was kind of hoping to get a chance to catch up with him in person, though he’d told Lexa he wasn’t going to. He turned his attention back to his book for a moment before closing it and gathering his materials and sticking them back in his bag. It wouldn’t help to try and work on his homework while distracted like this.

Instead he grabbed his bag and headed to his room. On occasion he studied in his room so it wouldn’t be that odd to find him not in the living room doing homework. Once he closed his door and set the bag in his desk chair, Liam sat on the bed in a familiar meditation pose. He knew it would take time for Toby to be ready and he needed his focus back if he was going to be of any use in this test later. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, focusing inward…

And when he opened his eyes he was somewhere else entirely. He hadn’t physically moved, instead using mindscaping to have a room just for him. He used it a lot, especially when he wanted to try something new. It was just a room with plain white walls, Liam didn’t need anything fancier, but it was covered in instruments. It didn’t matter that Liam refused to play music for his family, he knew how to play pretty much everything. Most of the time it was just for research, he did make a good number of electronic mixes by this point, but the one he used when he needed some extra help was displayed very proudly right in the middle of the room.

Liam’s finger pushed down softly on one of the keys as he made his way over to sit at the piano. It wasn’t necessarily his
favorite instrument to play, but it was the most effective. It was also the easiest to translate over when he was fiddling with a new song. There was a piece of sheet music just waiting, notes scribbled over it. The piece he had been working on lately was giving him trouble still and while he normally wouldn’t have bothered with the paper, it helped some with this one. It was different from the ones he had made before, something he’d probably need an actual piano recording for to make it work. That wasn’t the major obstacle he was facing though, there was something missing. A note? An instrument? A particular sound? He wasn’t sure yet. It was frustrating mostly because he did all the arranging for songs here in the mindscape then once he’d figured out how he wanted it to sound, he would replicate it on his computer. The most he’d ever worked on a song before this was a couple of days max, maybe some extra mixing once it was out in the real world but this one had already taken over a month and he wasn’t even to that point yet.

That wasn’t his reason for coming in today though, so he set aside the paper and poised himself to play the piano proper. He didn’t play a song in particular, mostly just improvising. Occasionally he did this to get inspiration for a new song but his goal was only to use it to relax. Piano did that for him the same that it did for most everyone in the family.
After a while he was done, opening his eyes back in reality. Not much time had passed, thanks to the technique Gramps had showed him. Now he was ready to game.

Logging into the game was not all that exciting for Liam. Sure for a new player all the dramatics would be fun and there was a sort of satisfaction in seeing all their hard work pay off but it was unnecessary. Liam picked his main character from the character select screen, holding back the slight panic that always arose between the select screen and loading in as his character. It always took him a minute to refamiliarize himself with the movement in the game which gave him time to watch chat. As always there was a ton of hype. Many people just commenting greetings to him, trying to get him to notice them. He always ignored those and watched out for anyone who either didn’t know what the hype was about (and therefore had no idea who he was) or those who thought they could get away with smack talking in the fast moving chat. Any direct messages of challenge were also ignored, half the fun was them trying to find him. However, because he had limited time, he didn’t even bother to notate anyone from the chat today. He wanted to make sure his character was ready and that he was waiting at the meeting point before Toby logged back in.

Liam exhaled slowly, remembering the plan. The point of today’s test was to make sure that the boss wouldn’t die immediately against high level players. There was also a secondary goal of testing certain abilities against the boss to make sure they would work properly. He already copied two of the three with his ability, the last one was supposed to be unnecessary because Lexa as going with him. Unfortunately now that she’d been switched with Toby, he needed that ability. Once he was settled and adequately immersed into the game he sent Lexa a quick message in game.

”Fight?

”Sure. Arena?”

”Meet you there.”  

Krazy Michelle Ranak

Captain

Feral Genius

Out Of Cookies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items