[PRP] A Viking we will go

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Shield Maiden smiled as she stepped out of the border. Following her, the gruff looking captain trailed. He had learned that females could indeed go on missions with the reavers, but only if a Captain had sponsored. Ifrit, not one for female's leaving the pride, was quite against the idea of the peppy female joining the party. However, knowing more reavers would be tagging along, he could always just pawn her onto one of them if necessary. Besides, he had learned the hard way on his last raid the loneliness without a female companion could be, so perhaps this would work out to benefits all the males present.

"Ohhh we are all here?" The splotched female grinned, pausing as she arrived at the band of males before her.

Ifrit, the red captain, grunted in response, taking note of all present. A fine looking group.

"Where are we headed today? Oh it's been a while since I've been out! I am excited!" Valkyrie grinned.

A roll of his eyes, Ifrit spoke. "I will let the band of reavers decide." His green eyes glanced toward the males. They likely new the closer areas than he did, being away for so long.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Parth stepped forward from the group, Horos resting on his rump, picking at his wing. Naturally Parth was the leader of the four who'd arrived shortly after Ifrit, and after having discussed it prior to today, the boys were in favor of a pride they'd heard called Kusini'mwezi. It supposedly rested in a forested region which lay behind the rogue lands. Parth said as much to Ifrit, though including the lioness in the discussion.

As usual, Finch let Parth take the lead. He'd said what he had to say on the matter the night before and now casually looked over their additions to the viking band interest disguised under an expression of boredom. He held a piece of grass between his teeth that he rolled side to side as he noted the demeanor of the Captain—Ifrit, was it?—as being gruff, especially so the lioness. He didn't catch her name but knew her to be... what? Not a reaver, not anymore. I guess they were called shield maidens now. Something less than a reaver... all because of her female parts? Finch huffed a little at the thought. If she could pull her weight, he didn't care if she were a thrall. He just wasn't interested in having to pick up any slack.

Fintan and Lochan were vibrating with excitement, much to the contrast of their laissez faire father. Their second viking! The brothers had stayed up late, into the wee hours discussing the possibilities. Perhaps either of them would actually manage a kill in battle or to capture a thrall. While neither had a household they were trying to build in value yet, the prospects of earning bragging rights were enough to have them chomping at the bit to be on their way out of the pridal territory. The two were now standing behind Parth and their father smiling like clowns and shifting from foot to foot.

KasaiLoki

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:25 pm
In Good Faith

Ifrit nodded as Parth mentioned the Kusini'mwezi lands. Ah, he had heard of the land before, but from the words spoken it seemed to lack something. Well, perhaps one of these boys knew something that he didn't? He still had a lot more to learn, although he knew a lot already.

Valkyrie 'ooed' at the idea. "That sounds nice. Are we looking for anything in particular? You know, last mission I went on it was just slightly outside the pride here. We...Sitara I mean, and I, helped capture a thrall girl for a reaver." As they walked, Valkyrie hummed.

"Oh, boys." She announced with a grin. "I'm Valkyrie! Not to get confused with War Lord Ushindi's rank as Valkyrie, which...I hope to one day achieve! Wouldn't that be cool?"

Ifrit seemed to already regret bringing the talkative female alone. He took a spot near the leader Parth, letting him guide the way as the group traveled.

Valkyrie remained back with the twins and Finch. "So, how DO you guys manage to tell each other a part hmm?" If she took a closer look at the lions' feet, she'd notice the slight difference of the two. However, she was more aware of their faces than anything, and already she couldn't tell them apart.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:48 pm
As the group headed out, Horos took flight and circled the band. He would probably keep a relatively close distance to the lions but he was by no means necessary to their travels until they were well out of range of the pride. In the mean time he most likely would seek out food for himself or simply stretch his wings. He ducked down, pecked Parth on the head lightly, and rose once more in the direction the lions were headed.

Parth made a disgruntled noise at the bird but it fell on deaf ears at the bird was already well out of earshot. Ignoring this bit of jest, Parth made casual conversation with the Captain by asking about his experience and last viking. He was a well seasoned reaver himself as was evident by the scars that riddled his body. He'd recently come out of retirement with the addition of Horos, his falcon, and his ability to source out prey and greatly assist in vikings. He mentioned this to the Captain after appropriate praise for his own experience. Honestly, Parth had also been swayed to return to viking by the addition of Finch and his boys. Having a band that you trusted was vital for a successful viking. They were for all intents and purposes the closest thing he had to family, though he'd never say such a thing out loud.

Finch saddled to the side to allow the lioness room to take place with their group, his eyes roving over her as subtly as might be accomplished. In his deference, he slowed his pace and managed to fall behind his sons and the lioness. Ahhh, yes. A nice view if he did say so himself. He might have let a small smirk peak through which he hastily hid by tucking his head, as if watching his path. He wouldn't complain if he brought up the rear for the rest of their journey if that was how it stayed.

His sons were more than happy to take up position on either side of the lioness. They hadn't been given much female attention before and were eager for any opportunity which presented itself.

Fintan laughed, maybe a little too exuberantly, at the lioness's comment on their looks. "Oh, it's mostly our feet! Our back legs look very different." Fintan attempted to show the lioness while not falling behind in pace. This ultimately resulted in him stumbling, nearly causing his father to run up on his crumpled form.

Lochan laughed at his brother though nearly tripped himself in doing so.

Finch sighed heavily at his sons, shaking his head at their... well, let's call it "youth" to put it nicely.

"So... Valkyrie! What do you have to do to become... a, er, Valkyrie?" Fintan asked once he'd recovered from his klutzy spell.

Lochan looked equally interested in this information. They, the brothers, were rather confused on how things stood with lionesses... it was different than how they'd learned it as children than what it was now, as full pride members.

KasaiLoki

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:01 pm
In Good Faith

Having a band you trusted, Ifrit had been leery on that fact. He had lost his last one many moons ago, and currently he found it difficult to try for a new one. He was lucky he had stumbled across a band of such willing lions. Even with the noisy female, he was already sure this mission would be more of a success than his last.

From the corner of his verdant eye, Ifrit watched his silver falcon swoop through the low tree limbs, before rising high in the sky towards Horos. The lion flashed a smirk. "They are quite useful." He murmured towards the avians. "How did you come across yours?"

Anozira glided towards Horos, staying just to the side of him as she rode the air current. "See anything yet?" She asked quietly towards the falcon. Ifrit would want a status update from her, and two pairs of eyes in the sky was better than one.

The lioness didn't notice the paler of the reavers fall behind her. To her, it seemed normal. Strong leads up front, a strong male to bring up the rear. It was a perfect march!

"Ohhh...." Her eyes shifted to the back feet, and sure enough there mismatched markings were there. "I see! I don't look at paws much, faces are usually better at speaking too." The seer grinned.

"Are you okay???" She adked to Fintan...or maybe that Lochan? No...Fintan probably.

"Oh! Um. Well you see, I have to just go on some vikings like you guys do! But, I just have to make sure a captain is with me at all times. So, I thank Ifrit for taking me along! or else I'd still be stuck. My brother is a captain and so it my father, but I thought it would be more fun going with someone who wasn't family you know?" She explained.

"What about you two? Any fun stories to become a reaver? Or are you looking to become a captain?" Her eyes drifted back to Finch. "You too mister light on the eyes. What's your goal in life?" She asked with a grin.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:25 pm
Horos cast his red eyes with some surprise. He didn't know another falcon would be on this viking, though it was a welcome bit of news. If he could shrug while flying, he would have. "No, but I'm not surprised." A current gusted under him, causing him to fly lower for a moment before correcting. "Usually rogues or non-stormborn are smart enough not to roam so close. I'm Horos by the way." He added after a moment's thought.

Parth saw the silver bird join Horos in the air. Huh. I wonder if he plays well with other birds? Brushing that though aside for the time being, he turned to the Captain. "My thrall found him, injured. She's a... kind soul, and brought him back to the den where she tended him. He is now under my protection and in return he assists me with vikings such as this." After a moments silenced he asked, "and yours?"

Fintan blushed heartily under is pelt but quickly(-ish) recovered. "I'm fine!" he piped up, elbowing Lochan when he continued to chuckle at him. "That's really cool though! To have so many Captains in the family, I mean."

Lochan nodded in agreement. He fully expected Parth to eventually rise in rank in the near future. Then they wouldn't need to raid with unfamiliar faces with them... though, Lochan added abashed, he didn't mind this lioness all that much.

Fintan was about to respond to her question when the lioness continued, talking to Pops who'd fallen behind a little.

Finch flashed the lioness a bright smile, taken off guard a little by her abrupt attention. "Oh, no goals. Just living day to day, making sure these two don't die."

The blush returned with a vengeance, spreading through both of Lochan's and Fintan's necks and face. Thankfully the bulk of it was well masked by their dark pelts.

KaisaiLoki

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:24 pm
In Good Faith

Anozira glanced towards Horos as she flew. "I don't know what they are looking for this time." The lighter avian would have preferred a nice rest at home before going back out, however that wasn't up to her apparently. "Usually is the key word there though," the falcon smirked. "Anozira, or Ano for short." She'd extend a wing to the other if they weren't currently in use.

"Ah, thrall. One day I will collect another. I believe my old one may have passed while I was away. A shame, she was good." A thought crossed the male's face. "If we don't find a good one on this trip, I should look to see what community thralls are available." Ifrit would not be against taking a thrall, but he was looking for something in particular.

"Found her on my last raid. Made a deal she wouldn't be eaten if she served me." False loyalty at it's finest. "That was years ago. She has stayed with me ever since." His words made it sound as if he didn't care what actually happened to her. He'd probably trade her for the right price if the opportunity found itself present.

Valkyrie grinned as Fintat recovered. "I think so! I might not be able to follow in their footsteps, but at least I can top out of my own ranks." She grinned.

Her head tilted towards Finch. "Ohhh a protective lion! I like that trait in others!" the lioness purred. "Do you two get into a lot of trouble to need to be watched all the time?" She asked the duo, oblivious to the slight pink tinge coursing over their facial features.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:42 am
"Ano." Horos said the name, as if testing it, with a nod. "Who are you with? Mines the big brown one down there, with all the scars." He glanced now, looking at the band of vikings. The avians were pulling away from them steadily and he slowed his flight marginally.

Ifrit's tone wasn't lost on Parth and he grunted in a noncommittal way. It was always good to know the disposition of your captain at the outset. He glanced up at the birds about that time, noticing their distance and thought himself all the better.

Parth wasn't the type to require small talk, and instead allowed the conversation to lapse into a companionable silence. He was keeping tabs on the conversation going on behind him, though, and on more than one occasion his lips to twitch in a suppressed grin.

Finch made a grunt of amusement at the lioness' question while the twin boys grinned at each other.

"We tend to... get into predicaments." Fintan said, only a little abashed.

"Just every now and again." Loch continued, looking up at the lioness from under his brown lashes.

KaisaiLoki
Sorry its such a short response! I know I've left you hanging on it for a while. crying

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:58 pm
In Good Faith

Anozira's green eyes glanced towards Horos as they glided, before they fell to the ground where the group of lions (and lioness) walked. "The big red one. We have an agreement that I will serve him, and in return I get his protection." Or, something along those lines for Ano. Ifrit may have saw it differently.

She whistled slightly, seeing the scars from the air. "Battle worthy I take it?" Ifrit had been covered with scars as well, and walked with a slight limp. She had seen him fight though, all of those markings earned by his standards.

----

The captain was okay with no more small talk. A raid in silence was more his style. However, his ears pinned as the noisy group in the back continued their banters. His eyes rolled. If they were to surprise anyone nearby, it would have been out the window long ago. No element of surprise with this group it seemed.

---

Valkyrie made a small gasp. "Predicaments? Oh..." She thought for a moment, before shaking her head in a small giggle. "Well...I guess that means your time is never boring huh?" She asked, glancing between the two almost-twins. "Though...it probably would not be a good thing to get into said things this go around. I don't think our Captain would care for that..." She said, a paw pointing towards the brighter lion before them.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:53 am
Horos snorted and grinned. "Yeah, you could say that. I haven't been with the big guy long but from the stories I've heard from his thrall, he's good." His flapped his wings a few times to keep his height with Ano. "He was in retirement for a while, actually, and then those goofballs showed up." He rolled his eyes, having spotted the twins as especially foolhardy within the first few minutes of meeting them. He paused then before continuing. "I guess I have a similar arrangement with mine. I was injured, badly, and has the misfortune to land myself in the stormborn when I couldn't fly." His thrall, Fray, had found him and nursed him back to health. It was her who proposed the idea that the falcon continue to be a part of their little... family? Which it really was. Parth clearly cared for Fray in a familial-sense. Almost like a daughter. And he was decent to Horos, almost kind. Almost. He was a reaver after all and couldn't be too gentle.

Parth caught the eyeroll from the corner of his eye and actually grinned. Ifrit might be an a** but he was at least somewhat amusing.

Finch kept quiet though he quirked an eyebrow at the mention of their captain. The guy seemed stiff and very... dickish, really. He clearly thought less of Valkyrie because she was a lioness and that irked Finch more than he had realized at first. He was very close to deciding he didn't like the Red Captain but it was early in their viking. Maybe the guy would change Finch's mind but he thought that was rather doubtful. To that, Captain or not, Red wouldn't be the one to discipline either of his sons. It was Finch's job to smack them around when they needed it.

"Oh, no we're on our best behavior today," Fintan said rather proudly, eliciting a snort from his father behind them which he promptly ignored.

Loch snickered silently, tucking his head down to hide his smile. Honestly the twins had been rather good at not getting stuck in anything too bad lately. Minus the one time when they accidentally stumbled into a couple bull elephants that were competing for mating rights. That had been hilarious once they managed to outrun the pair who'd decided the brothers were the greater threat to their breeding eligibility. Of course, they hadn't told pops about that one.

KasaiLoki
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:25 am
In Good Faith

Ano glanced at Horos. "Ah, unlucky if not lucky you found yourself in the Storm and with your partner. Some of the lions there would not hesitate to have an avian snack." The falcon hadn't been in the stormborn lands long enough to know all the lions of the pride, but from the stories Ifrit had melted into her mind (and with the attitude of her own bond) she knew to be vigilant.

---

The red male's eyes shifted to his falcon, as a whistle called to her.

Anozira knew that whistle. She would need to fly ahead, scout for potential enemies, food, and water source. "Come Horos, fly further with me." She said to her new companion. "We can return to them with hopefully good news." Whether that would be an upcoming fight, meal or even place to (soon) rest.

Ifrit watched his avian fly away. "You would be on better behavior is you were silent." The captain grunted.

---

Valkyie turned her head towards Finch's snort. His sons may have ignored the action, but she couldn't, and the act elicited a small giggle from her. That was, until, Ifrit had made his comment. She made a small 'oop' noise as she fell back in speed. "We should keep our distance maybe...then we can talk?" She offered to the three males traveling with her in the rear of the group.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:39 am
The falcons flew on in search of anything that may prove useful to their hunting party. In their wake, the viking of six continued in relatively quiet, companionable silence (with the occasional hushed giggle). Several days would pass in this manner, broken up by the occasional meal or war stories around the carcass of an unlucky herbivore in the wrong place at the wrong time. But the Stormborns weren't done yet...

KasaiLoki

In Good Faith

Dapper Entrepreneur

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas