Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:59 am
Sphinx - normal
Fee - bold

Hades -Emogene - Mi x Pik

Hades had been spending his time with his female friends, Mi and Emogene. The trio had formed a tight relationship upon first meeting and now were as thick as thieves. The male cheetah shifted his weight as he quickly rose to his paws, nudging Emogene awake softly. "Hey, wake up." his voice was faint and friendly.

The white and black female was sleeping beside Mi, who was curled against Hades. They had spent the afternoon catnapping under the sun. It was a warm day, the perfect day to slack off and daydream.

"Mmm?" The female frowned as both of her eyes opened slowly.

"Come on, get Mi up, it's time to wake." As Hades spoke he moved from his place beside the females, stretching his lean figure out with a deep yawn.

Emogene nodded in agreement as she quickly nuzzled Mi, whispering to her softly. "Come on lovely, it's time to get up, the day is short."

Mi's eyes slowly opened as a soft smile crept across her face. "Alright, Gene."

They were a tight knight group, always together, always close. The females had a complicated relationship, as they were both in love with each other, while still taking male lovers as often as they liked. Hades was just a friend though, a friend they trusted completely. Together they would start the day, greeting it with a confidence only they could bring.

She wasn't pleased. A few days ago her luck with hunting had changed because of some stupid lion who had taken residence in the clearing, or near enough that was keeping the prey beasts away.

Pik had to go further and further to find anything for food. She snacked on a monkey or two, when she had just been really hungry. It had just taken the edge off, but the leopardess was getting less happy each day. Now she was thinking about just relocating herself. It wasn't like Pik called that place home for long. She'd stumbled upon it a few months ago, so there was no real sentimental value to the area.

It just sucked.

The leopardess was lost in her thoughts as she moved through the tall grasses that seemed to be taller than her. Her ears back, her tail low and arched enough to keep it from trailing the ground.

"Hate lions."

The trio moved together in unison as they stalked through the tall grass, stopping only when Hades motioned to. The lean male flicked his tail as he looked around, smirking under his breath.

"Looks like we have some company, ladies."

Emogene and Mi both stood side by side and behind him as they glanced at one another, nodding in a silent agreement. As long as this stranger wasn't here to cause them harm things would be okay, however, the females were ready to defend themselves if need be.

They both glanced over toward their male companion and spoke, one after the other,

"Do you think it's a lion?"

"Or perhaps a wolf?"

They were common in these parts, after all. Hades shrugged before calling out, his tone firm yet welcoming. "You alone?"

Though they couldn't yet see who it was that was in the tall grass, the trio awaited a response.

Voices caught her attention, causing her to freeze mid step, with her ears pinned back further against her skull. They wanted to know who she was. s**t.

What if Pik just stood there? Maybe crouched and not move for a while.

Oh well, they knew she as here.

The leopardess stepped out and toward the voices, squinting at the trio of ....cheetahs. At least they weren't lions right now.

"Yes, I'm alone." She didn't look too pleased, but she didn't look like she was going to attack either. It was just her luck to run into more than one cheetah at a time. Why wouldn't she run into not just two, but three others at a time? Why not meet a whole pride of cheetahs?

"How many are there of you?"

"Three."

"Yes, three. We have a male and two males in our little bunch." Mi chimed in with a soft voice, her entire appearance was welcoming and soft.

Emogene, the white and black female nodded in agreement before glancing back over to Hades, who was now moving a bit closer to the newcomer.

"My name is Hades. This is Emogene and Mi, we are friendly, this I can promise you."

The male wanted to make sure she knew she was in safe company, while they were a team, they never got into meaningless fights. His eyes narrowed as the focused on her, smirking. "A leopard? Well, this is a treat. We hardly see your kind around these parts."

"Too many wolves." Mi nodded as she nuzzled into Emogene's side.

"Too many lions." the white female agreed with a nod.

Three versus one wouldn't be a good fight at all. Every instinct in Pik told her to run. To just run away and not look back, but at the same time. they weren't attacking. They weren't even acting unfriendly, honestly. Her ears perked up when the white female said too many lions.

"I can agree with the lion part," she muttered to herself.

She sat down on her haunches while having that internal struggle of fight or flight.

"I'm Pik. I guess I can offer that since you offered your names." Not like she'd remember them right away.

"Pik" Mi smiled as she repeated the other females name, a purr rumbled in her chest as she teased, speaking out boldly. "You are lovely, a beauty really. Why are you wandering alone?"

"Easy-" a jealous Emogene smirked as she settled herself to sit beside her standing mate, giving Pik a welcoming nod. "I don't think it's safe to travel alone anymore. Too many of our kind get cut down by lions. It's disgusting." her tails settled at her side as the stoic female glanced over to Hades, who was now moving even closer to where Pik sat.

"You could always join us for a hunt. We just woke up, so now it's dinner time."

The two females nodded as they agreed, without hesitation. "Yes, join us in a meal."

"Because I don't like being in the company of others for long periods of time," came Pik's guarded response, eyeing Mi curiously. Was she flirting? That was weird. Her tail flicked from side to side and she looked back to Emogene and then to the male before frowning.

"Sorry. I ...honestly hunt alone. A lion decided to settle in a clearing I lived near by and drove my prey away. I won't be here long." Especially now that she knew there was a pack of someones living here.

Pik wasn't sure if any of them had others elsewhere. Maybe there was cubs with a fourth or something.

Nope she wasn't going to risk it.

"That's fair." Mi nodded in reply before shifting her gaze back to her mate. Her brown fur melted into the tall grass as she stood up. "-We wouldn't want to keep you, if that's the case."

It was easy to see the other's distrust, so the cheetahs wouldn't push it. Emogene stood up beside Mi and nodded in agreement before batting her eyes at Hades, who was still pretty fixated on the female before them.

"Come on, let us hunt before the sun leaves the sky-" the request was simple, they needed to get going.

"Alright. Alright." Hades sighed as he quickly moved away from where the leopardess sat, sighing in deeply. "Just be safe, Pik. If you end up wanting the company, we will be around."

The trio gave her a warm goodbye, from a distance, before heading back out. The day was short after all, they needed to make the most of it.

The way the male lingered made Pik... not uneasy, but she just wasn't used to that kind of attention.

She would watch them until they couldn't be seen before she finally took off again. SHe'd probably follow them to see where they were hunting. Maybe there was something she could scavenge from them. She was not above that. Just she had been solitary her whole life and interacting with others like that, hunting with them? It felt too intimate for her to be comfortable with.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:52 am
Fin, WC: 1390

Pandorus Sphinx

Hunter

[IC] Rogue Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out