Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[PRP] Asking for Advice (Zamistia, Nanuth, S'mol, Valseth)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:20 am
Zamistia was trying to think of what to say to Nanuth, who seemed to be in a bit of a mood after today's ground drill they did in class. She knew he was mad at himself for having not turned when the rest of the group had in formation. It had taken a few seconds for them to fall back in line and he was still berating himself for screwing up something so simple.

Nanuth, you can't expect to be perfect during...every formation. It takes longer for you to turn because...of your bigger size,Zamistia reminded through their connection.

Some of my other brown and bronze brothers got it. No, my big size is not an excuse, Mine,he grumbled back into her mind.

Well, maybe we can ask one of your brothers...for some help with the maneuver then. I am sure they wouldn't mind giving some....advice,Misty suggested.

I don't need any of their help, I can figure it out myself. If they can do it, then so can I,the brown huffed, walking in the direction of the barracks. Unfortunately, he was not watching where he was going, causing him to crash right into one of his bronze brothers.

"Oh, we are terribly...sorry,"Zamistia apologized to her fellow Weyrling, as her brown growled at his brother. She placed a hand on his leg gently, mentally reminding him to be nice. Of course, she knew it wasn't one of his siblings he was close to, so she would have to make sure to keep him in check.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:07 am
Growing up in small cot holds meant that your life was set, depending on the speciality of that hold, be it farming or mining or fishing it was expected that the younger generation would simply move up to fill in the positions left by the old. Poor wages and few merchants meant that moving away from the hold was usually a faint dream. Which was why education was minimal. The old would teach the young their trade and that was that. The basics of reading and writing, maybe some history via the teaching ballads were the best that could be expected. Even that was scattered and dependant on visits from journeying harpers. Which meant that S'mol (who had grown up in just such a hold) was far behind many of his peers when it came to learning. Even his fellow weyrlings who had grown up in similar situations had been granted more time as candidates to catch up.

S'mol felt like he was the only one left scrambling. At least some of his chore time had been reallocated as lesson catch up. But that also meant extra homework. While the hulking form of the sheepish weyrling hung back to receive his new writing exercises Valseth was left to his own devices.

Valseth wondered away from the main crowd. Slowly stretching out his wings and limbs that had been left with a dull ache after the hard drill session. S'mol tried to press home how important the drills were but Valseth struggled to hold focus during the classes, the world around him was just so distracting.

His head turned skywards and his eyes focused on the clouds, shaping the fluffy shapes into swooping dragons in his minds eye, while more wispy cloud formed the imaginary thread they would burn from the sky. What a fine thing to be a hero. He stood, still and silent enjoying his day dream until something heavy and solid crashed into his side. He was not expecting it and his body had been relaxed so it knocked him over. With a grunt he was sent sprawling onto his side. He was a moderate sized bronze. Though his gleaming hide made his colour unmistakable he didn't match Nanuth in size.

Valseth slowly regained himself, shaking his head and trying to gather his limbs back into an orderly stance. Did I do something to offend you brother? He questioned raising his head and looking at the brown. He could think of no other reason why someone would knock him over and then growl at him. His voice was quiet calm though and he didn't appear to be upset.

Quickly he was back on his feet in time to greet his own rider who had come running at the twinge of his partners shock and mild pain. Unlike Valseth S'mol was not a moderate size, he was a hulking giant of a man with arms like tree trunks and face like a gorilla. The misshapen squashed nose and lack of a neck were not attractive features but he did look like he could break a man just by glaring at him. "Valseth, ya okay?" He asked quickly, kneeling down to help right his dragon and brush out his wings. Checking them for any show of strain.

Calm yourself mine. I am quite undamaged, just had the wind knocked from me for a moment.
Valseth answered with his usual swirl of elegant language.
Then S'mol turned to Zamistia and her partner with a frown. "Right, what's goin' on here?" he demanded.  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:26 pm
Zamistia winced when she saw that the bronze brother to her dragon had been knocked on her side. She hoped he was okay, she knew that it wasn't Nanuth's intent to barrel into another. Sure, he may not seem like he cared, but he had just been venting his anger. She was just about to voice an apology to the pair again, especially Valseth, as her brown supplied the name for her, but then the bronze's rider spoke up. She knew Nanuth was about to answer her brother as well, but stopped when S'mol made sure his dragon was alright. That was when S'mol turned to the two of them and Zamistia felt a rush of nerves well up inside of her.

"It was...honestly an...accident. He didn't..mean to...run into...his brother. I..I am sorry,"Zamistia squeaked out at the demanding tone of voice. She wanted to just come up with some excuse that they had to leave. However, she felt Nanuth's anger get even worse as his wing came up in front of her, acting as a shield.

You hadn't, Valseth, but your rider is another matter all together. It is one thing to come at me and demand things, but not my rider! She didn't do anything to him and shouldn't be having to apologize for anything. I will not allow anyone to make my rider feel small!he hissed in anger to his brother. He felt Misty trying to calm him down, but this was one thing he took very personally. He had been trying to work on her confidence, along with her friends and Miss Nim, he would not let someone unravel that work.

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:09 am
Once S'mol was satisfied he gathered up the scrolls of extra home work he had dropped in his initial panic and tried to dust them off before straightening himself to look at the timid girl and her angry growling dragon. He quirked a brow at the brown knowing logically he wasn't really much of a threat.
"Easy girlie." he told Zamisita. "I'm not going to bite you." He didn't mean to frighten her really, he just was used to having that effect on people. His head turned to Nanuth. "And what are you still grumbling about?" He asked the young brown with a huff.

He is upset that you frightened his rider and made her feel 'small'. Valseth supplied failing to hide his wry amusement at the last word.
Well I can hardly help that! The towering brute replied with a roll of his eyes glancing down at the much smaller female weyrling.
He huffed softly and Valseth chuckled. For Nanuth. He had words. "And ya can stop that an' all lad. I didn't even say an unkind word, and I was worried for my dragon, and since ya started it, ya don't have much of a leg ta stand on."

Valseth stepped in once again to smooth any ruffled wings. What my rider means to say is that if he sounded harsh, it was because he was still shocked and concerned by my tumble. He did not mean to frighten your rider, you know how the weyrling masters have been filling their heads with stories of young dragons frightened between. I do not think you can take against him for being on edge brother. Much the same way you bumped into me than opted to growl at me even though I very much doubt I am the true source of your frustration. If I can be understanding of that and forgiving it would be an ill colour on you to treat my rider with any less understanding and respect. Valseth as usual was smooth as glass and calm as a windless sail. He spoke, sitting himself elegantly at S'mol's side, his beautiful hide gleaming in the winter sun. His claws tucked neatly together and wrapped by his tail.

"Right, no harm done, and apology accepted so you can stop shaking like a cracked egg now girlie. Name's S'mol. And most folk tell me I'm not all as mean an' scary as I look." he finished the statement with a crocked grin across his ugly face, which had worked at easing people's fears in the past, or made them run a mile, depending on the light.

Dea and #Teddy#

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:00 pm
Zamistia peeked out from around Nanuth's wing, seeing as S'mol picked up some scrolls he had dropped. Oh dear, she felt bad that the incident with Nanuth had caused the other Weyrling to drop his things. Then it seemed the other was talking to her, he definitely seemed like someone who was used to being rougher. However, she reminded herself so did some of her friends and Nanuth. She heard her dragon huff in response to S'mol asking him what he was grumbling about. Then went on to say that he hadn't said anything unkind and she had to admit, he was right. The tone had been what frightened her really. Though, Nanuth snorted in anger at the added part of how he started it.

He was just protecting his dragon like you..were protecting me, Nanuth. Please, he really didn't say anything mean, right? So, it is only fair you give them a...chance,Misty thought to her partner meekly.

He could have watched his tone, but I suppose you are right. As long as you are okay, I will back off. However, I want you to take a few deep breaths and only come out when ready, okay?he grumbled back. He hated when she made a good point, but as long as his light was unharmed and seemed fine, then he supposed he could try to be..nice. The thought made him shudder, since it wasn't one of the siblings he was close to or their riders. However, as he looked down to the small red head next to him, she gave the cutest sweet look to him. Oh, she knew how to get to him, the light that brightened his day.

Thank you, Nanuth, my rock,she managed a smile to him. She took a few deep breaths, as he had suggested, listening as the other introduced himself. Once she felt ready, she allowed Nanuth to put his wing down and she stepped out of his shadow a little.

"My name is Zamistia. I guess you have..something you share in..common with Nanuth. He isn't as scary..as he looks either. He was just upset..about something in class. So he didn't realize..he had crashed into..his brother til after..it happened,"she explained softly.

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:08 am
S'mol grinned at the brown. "This big old ball of wings scary?" He snorted. "Nah, he's a kitten compared ta me." He promised. "Besides, one thing I do know, dragons can't hurt people after they are bonded, so ya can growl and huff all ya like. Ya cant follow through and most people at the weyr are going to know it. So it might do ya better ta learn some manners big boy."

S'mol. Valseth chided gently. Reminding him of that is unlikely to endear him to you, S'mol shrugged and if he had been able to, Valseth would have no doubt been rolling his eyes. Instead he rose from his elegant seated stance and walked slowly around Nanuth to greet his rider. Stretching his shining head out to the women to nudge her hand in greeting and maybe get a pet in return. Nervous riders like this often responded better to dragons than his own gruff rider in his limited experience. Maybe a little outreach would help her feel better.

S'mol had relaxed as well. As soon as he learned that Valseth was fine and there was no real threat of a continued fight the big man became pretty easy going. "And I can understand that though. Classes." He reached up ruffling his hair in frustration. " They ain't easy for people like me. My reading and scribbles ain't up to much. Didn't need them much as a miner. I'm one of the older weyrlings here but I'm sure I'm the bottom of the class at that kind of stuff. So I get it. Maybe he should talk to Valseth though. He's pretty good at drillls....when I can get him ta focus on them long enough." He added levelling a glare at the bronze.

Valseth returned what could only be classed as mental shrug. Drills are dull, boring and repetitive. small wonder I find myself distracted.

Dea and #Teddy#
]

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:05 am
Zamistia had a feeling the man in front of her wasn't as scary as he painted himself out to be either. He may say that he was, but he seemed more like a nice guy, now that she got a good look at him. She did hear Nanuth growl in her head when S'mol mentioned that dragons could not attack humans after they bonded. Sending a soothing sense to her dragon, she reminded him that he was going to play nice. A snort came into her mind, but the brown agreed..only because she was asking it of him. Then she reminded her bondmate that he still needed to properly apologize to his brother. It brought a grumble from the big brown, but he begrudgingly did as she suggested.

Brother, I believe I owe you an apology for running into you. My mind was not on where I was going or I would have stopped. So I am sorry for what I did..and for snapping at you for your rider's words,he thought to the bronze. He hated to admit he had been in error, but his rider seemed to be insistent on it. Fine, but didn't mean he had to like it. He watched his brother get up and start to walk around them, before extending his head to his rider. He narrowed his eyes, who did he think he was approaching HIS rider?! However, before he could protest, Zamistia was reaching out to place her hand on Valseth's head. He gave a small snort, but he relented..for now.

"Classes can be hard...when you didn't grow...up in the Weyr. I have had to..play catch-up some as...well. Though, I guess with you..coming from the mines..that would have left..very little time for...much learning. If you need any...help, I could try and..give you a hand. As for Nanuth, any help from his..brother would be appreciated,"she smiled. Nanuth protested in his mind again, saying he didn't need help. She mentally nudged him, reminding him that it was okay to ask for help.

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:45 am
No need to be so humble brother, we are kin after all. I understand why it happened. It is forgiven and forgotten already. Valseth replied to the brown while he cooed happily at the pets from the female rider. Softly nosing at her hand in thanks. Maybe it was a bit forward to approach another dragons rider in such a way, but Valseth considered it the best way to help bring the frail and trembling girl out of her shell and stop her dragon being so over protective and possessive.

S'mol shot the bronze a long hard look knowing exactly what he was up to thanks to their connection, that dragon was already far to clever for his own good. He felt Valseth shoot back the equivalent of an oh so innocent smile mentally. S'mol just shook his head, trying to stifle his amusement at his bonds antics. "Aye." S'mol agreed. "My book learning is not up to much. But at least I'm at an advantage when it comes to the physical stuff, I see some of the new weyrlings stugglin' ta even run a lap around the weyr and think I'm not that badly off after all." Even though the dragon riders main enemy was thread the riders themselves were expected to conform to a certain level of physical fitness and have some proficiency at hand to hand combat. The world was not always a safe place for a rider. Even when they were on the ground.

"But I'm sure Valseth would be happy to help if your brown can swallow his pride enough to ask." he pointed out giving the dragon a wry look as he was already getting a handle on the dragons character just from their brief interaction. "As for now...well I am starving, want to join me for something to eat? Always feels good going to the halls with a cute girl on my arm." he half joked with another grin across his beard tufted face.

Dea and #Teddy#
]

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:41 am
Still, I suppose I shouldn't have snapped at you for something that I was upset about. Next time, I will try to keep my eyes open better, even if I am frustrated,Nanuth responded to his brother, at some more prodding from his red headed rider. The brown watched as Zamistia continued to stroke Valseth's head and the bronze nosing her hand. What part of she was HIS rider did his brother fail to understand? He was half tempted to pull the red headed girl back, but knew she would be upset at him for it. So for now, Nanuth just watched, making sure his brother didn't take advantage of it.

"Well, I am sure..your book learning..will be caught..up. And I did..suggest for him..to ask for..help. And sure, I wouldn't mind...joining you for..some food. I am kind...of hungry myself,"Zamistia admitted. She then mentally got into a discussion with Nanuth about asking Valseth for help.

I would rather not have to ask for help. It is so degrading to admit I need it,the brown grumbled.

Are you telling me you would not ask... Bossuth or one of your other siblings you.... are fond of?Zamistia countered.

Fine, I will ask. Valseth...would you help me with one of the formations?Nanuth said to his rider, then asked his brother. Oh how he hated asking for help, but he knew Misty had a point when she suggested it.

Sinders Path

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff