Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:38 pm
User Image

High above the desert in hawk form, Ayira had begun her search for an answer to the big problem currently plaguing the Firekin. A day had passed since her meeting with the council and after consulting both of her children on the matter, she was ready to make her move. Adanna was a powerful seer but too smart to give straight answers or put much faith in her visions, Adeyemi was much more laid back about his abilities and trusted his gut more than thoughtful analysis.. between the two of them, she knew that there was an answer to the problem out here in the desert, she just had to find it.

She had no hope of stopping the storm herself, this was far beyond her abilities. What she would need was another god that was closer to this: sand, the desert, storms, wind, something useful! There was hope in the fact that the Haven was closed off and so the gods were homeless and being stuck in the mortal world could make some of them restless. She just needed a god drawn to this to be one of use.

After a long journey around the desert, Ayira finally found what she was looking for. There was a break in the storm. She didn't know if sandstorms behaved like rainstorms but she figured looking for a would-be eye of the storm was as good a starting point as any. Any anomaly in this mass of swirling sand was worth investigating and after hours of staring into a blur, she was almost excited to find something. So she descended into the storm, taking on her true form as she hit the ground.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

He'd come to the mortal world out of curiosity, but now Kamiseen had discovered he was stuck here. He wasn't frustrated about this turn of events per se, but he wasn't pleased. So finding a good sandstorm raging in the desert was a stroke of luck and the god was happy to settle down and let the sands and winds cleans his temper away. Although there did come a point where he decided to clear a small pocket. There were a lot of little rocks in that storm.

Regardless, Kamiseen was surprised to see a hawk descending into his little eye of the storm. He was less surprised when it became a goddess, and for some reason not at all stunned to discover it was Ayira, the goddess who had first inspired him to leave the Haven.

"And what is it you seek this time?" the sandy god asked in a voice dry as the desert around them. "For me to turn this storm upon unsuspecting mortals? Make them fear and hate me? To challenge them into growth and change?"  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:22 pm
When Ayira came looking for a solution to this stormy problem, she had been counting off potential gods to help in her mind and had completely overlooked the one exact god she ought to have thought of immediately. She had met Sandstorms before.

She seemed to recall encouraging him to come here.

Encouraging him to use his storms against the mortals.

The irony of the situation was almost too much for the proud goddess. If the situation for the Firekin weren't so dire, if she hadn't spent years cultivating feelings for the pride and months now convincing herself to step in she might have turned herself right around and looked for another god who might be able to help.

"Kamiseen," she said after a stunned silence, "I suppose I shouldn't be surprised to see you here. Is this storm your doing?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:10 am
The reclining god considered his unasked-for compatriot and her question. He didn't often seek out others, but that didn't make him stupid. Ayira wanted something from him. Or rather, for whatever god she found in the calm within this storm. He suspected she wanted a favor, and that it would be to stop the storm. Why else would she ask if he'd caused it?

"The storm? No," Kamiseen answered at last. "This pocket? Yes. Shall I disperse it and cease to offer you comfort?" His voice remained dry, not really trusting the goddess or her motivations. There was the vague thought that if she hadn't encouraged him to leave the Haven he'd still be there today, and his failure to reenter would be displayed as an inability to leave instead.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:25 am
This was going to be exactly as difficult as she imagined. His gaze, his tone, his threat, it all spoke to exactly what he thought about her. She did not regret her encouragement except that now she was specifically seeking the opposite. She could genuinely want both things! But.. there was no point getting preemptively anxious or upset.

"Actually, I was hoping to find a way to stop it," Ayira said, careful to keep her voice calm but knowing there was no point being coy or dishonest, "This storm is already upon unsuspecting mortals. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't intervene but this isn't just unnatural, it's supernatural. Even I know that's unfair."

Would he let her get away with just that? He still sounded inclined to leave mortals alone, if she were literally anybody else then this might have been enough. If she had known, if her children had been able to warn her, she might have brought one of them here instead.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:24 pm
"Now you care about mortals?" Kamiseen asked, raising an eyebrow. After all, it was Ayira who'd encouraged him to not only come to the mortal world but also to inflict as many sandstorms as he cared upon them. For the betterment of the whole, at the cost of the individual.

"What has happened to change the aloof goddess I met just a few years back?" he mused aloud. "And why should I help you?"

It wasn't that he couldn't, or that he didn't want to help. But Kamiseen genuinely wanted to know what was going on behind this apparent change of heart.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:29 pm
Ayira was too proud to realize that Kamiseen was calmly asking reasonable questions and not actually grilling her over the obvious contradiction she had found herself in at that moment. Every reasonable question was an attack, a thread against the goal she had coming out here, and it took a great deal of effort not to get defensive.

But gods had all the time in the world, really, so she gave herself a moment.

"I've grown attached to the mortals I told you about before, the ones living in this desert," she said, still choosing to be honest but feeling oddly vulnerable about admitting that she dared to care about a bunch of short-lived nobodies, "But that's not why I'm intervening now, not entirely. Haven't you noticed that something is wrong?"

Standing in the eye of an endless sandstorm with the God of Sandstorms, who said he wasn't responsible for it, it was a ridiculous question to ask.

"Whatever has locked us out of the Haven is hurting the natural order of this world," she said, frowning, "Death in a world of runaway magic doesn't do any good."

Ayira had certainly changed since she had come to the Firekin but the truth of the matter was more complicated than that. She was not as cold and distant as she often seemed, though embodying the life-or-death competition for survival made it hard to see. This wouldn't be the only hard conversation she had about her motivations. She would have to face the Hongshan next, and that would be harder than converting even the most stubborn Firekin.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:12 pm
Kamiseen was debating whether he should press Ayira further about these mortals when she said something far more important. The sandy god's head jerked upright as his attention focused solely on the goddess before him.

"What are you talking about, being locked out of the Haven? And what about death and runaway magic?" Forget mortals and forget the sandstorm raging around them, this sounded absolutely vital. Kamiseen was not the most social of creatures, so he had no idea why the world seemed out of true. But it sounded like Ayira did.

He could call this a more than fair trade for helping her little mortals.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:11 pm
She shouldn't have been terribly surprised by his reaction to her comment on the state of affairs in the world but she was. It seemed impossible that someone could fail to notice what was going on, especially a god. She gave Kamiseen a curious look.

"Haven't you noticed?" she asked, "Gods can't return to the haven and the mortal world is out of sorts. There are strange lights and voices on the ground and in the air, there have been earthquakes, the sun and moon disappeared for lengthy periods in some territories.. and this sandstorm has been raging for more than week."

Ayira frowned, recounting just the stories she knew from the three territories she had recently visited. The Mwezi'Johari had been stuck in the dark, it and the Ithambo'hlabathi had strange earthquakes, the oasis and the sky and everywhere else had been looking and feeling wrong for months..

"I don't know what's going on but I can only think of one thing that could keep us out of the Haven," she said, "And She's obviously not happy."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:45 pm
Brown eyes grew wider and wider as Ayira listed off numerous increasingly disturbing events, concluding that Mkodi Herself was pissed off. And, well, yeah, Kamiseen definitely should have noticed more of these things than he had.

"But why..." the god's voice trailed off and he shook his head. If She wanted them to know, it would be known. Otherwise the gods would have to labor in ignorance only slightly less than that of mortals.

"I'll help you," Kamiseen finally agreed, "but you have to tell me everything you know about what's happening." He doubted they'd understand what was going on, but more information was never a bad thing.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:59 pm
Ayira stared thoughtfully at Kamiseen when he asked her to share what she knew. For her part, she hadn't done much investigating outside of what was affecting the Firekin. It just so happened that the Firekin were affected by the Nergui, Mwezi'Johari and Ithambo'hlabathi. It wasn't much as far as the big picture was concerned but it was certainly a start if she wanted to find out more about it.

Still, it didn't seem quite right considering she didn't really know anything.

"You put an end to this sandstorm," she said slowly, ponderously, "I'll tell you everything I've seen and heard, and if that's not satisfactory, we can investigate more thoroughly together."

Maybe she ought to give more weight to what was happening in the Haven. She was perfectly content left to her own devices down here in the sand with the Firekin but if she wasn't alone, tackling this much bigger problem was significantly more appealing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:01 pm
"It's a deal," Kamiseen agreed. Why Ayira felt the need to reiterate what he'd just said...ah, whatever. She certainly had more of an ego than he. It didn't matter too much as long as he came out of this better informed.

"So, where are these mortals you want to help?"  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:10 pm
This whole venture had turned out significantly better than she had expected when she first realized who she was dealing with. There was no better god to help end a sandstorm and his only demand was some information.. on a whim, she might end up away from the desert for a bit, but that wasn't of significant concern.

"Follow me," she said, stretching out her wings and flying up above the storm. This time, she didn't disguise herself as the hawk Amaka. This time, she didn't care if she was seen.

And so the two gods headed towards the Motoujamii.

[IC] Motoujamii Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games