Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:57 am
User Image

Life was good for Sorley.

The days that he'd spent romping around the lands listening to tales of valor and bravery were long gone. Nowadays he spent most of his time in the forested area of the pride were he was raised. He would visit with his family members from time to time, but they were of course busy with their own lives. He himself would go out on the occasional raid and contribute in whatever ways he could.

At the current moment, he was returning from welcoming home one of his siblings home from a raid they'd been home. He couldn't believe how many nieces and nephews he had at this point. His siblings had certainly wasted no time in life. Thus far, the dark lion had been content with his solitude, but sometimes he wondered what it would be like to pursue family life himself.

He was in no rush. He was open to the possibilities though.

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:55 am
Big Hobbit

What was keeping her here?

Her children were grown and the male she had thought was her 'ever after' was definitely not that. Should she leave like her daughter had? To find a better life for herself outside of the land of Raids and Storms?

Bhumi had come from a pride full of fun and laughter, love and joy. This place was far different than that and had given her a little bit of a cooler personality from the open and cheerful one shed had before having to fight her way into the pride.

A dark figure ahead made her stay her movements for a second but she shook herself free of any worry and approached the male instead.

"It's a good day to die." The typical greeting was a good way to start, yea?  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:50 pm
Sorley smirked a bit as he heard the familiar expression directed at him. Having been born and raised in the pride, it was a phrase that he'd heard many times in his life. Turning to the owner of the voice, he stopped short before responding at the sight of the unfamiliar lioness.

"That it is," he responded in a flat but not unfriendly tone, it was his more formal way of greeting others that he hadn't met.

The dark lion had to admit to himself that the lioness was eye-catching. He was never one to ogle at the opposite sex, but he certainly wasn't blind. It was a passing observation that he quickly shook away.

"You certainly don't resemble anyone I've seen before. Have you lived here long?," he inquired directly with curiosity. An outlander perhaps?

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:21 pm
Big Hobbit
I can't ever tell if he's black or dark brown haha (like DARK brown)

Upon closer inspection she realized the dark male wasn't a deep brown like she had initially thought but a rich black that teetered upon the brink of being almost brown, if that was such a thing. Perhaps he was brown after all, it was hard to tell with the skies as cloudy as they were. Was it foolish of her to admire him, maybe but she was young still, or so she liked to think, and could oogle if she liked.

"Oh, you probably wouldn't know me. I joined a couple years ago but kept to myself, mostly my children." It was true, the hermit life had kept her hiding away in their little home until her kids had grown up and left her, so the only choice she had left was to venture forth and actually socialize.

"BUT, they've long since grown and I figured it was about time I socialized myself again." Giving a light laugh. She wasn't doing to bad so far right?

"I am called Bhumi, what may I call you by?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:57 pm
"I see, well the lands are expansive and worth exploring. I mostly live in the part of the lands where I was raised. Occasionally I'll venture out to see off or welcome home members of my family. Even less occasionally do I go out with the bands."

"A mother huh? It is an honorable act to raise cubs, I know my siblings and I gave our own mother a run for it," the lion laughed softly in memory of his childhood. They had been typical rambunctious cubs born of the storm with wanderlust already in their blood.

"Good to meet you Bhumi. My name is Sorley, if you'd like I could show you the forest where I live," he hoped he wasn't being too forward, but the lioness had piqued his interest and he found himself wanting to spent more time with her.

AstoriaFallen
I always saw him as a charcoal color, but my eyesight is limited lol

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:23 pm
Big Hobbit
We'll just say he's both XD Depending on the lighting hahaha

"They are, I haven't even begun to explore them all just yet...." If she was being completely honest she was afraid to, she very much liked to just keep to herself and that was it. Though, talking with this male was starting to ease her up a bit and perhaps she should try and make friends in the pride after all.

"Thank you. I love my children a great deal and I'm happy that they've all grown up to have their own lives and adventures." Even if it meant it took them from her side.

"I would love to see where you live Sorely." Moving closer towards him she realized that he was a bit larger than she, but it wasn't an overpowering size difference. His demeanor was quite different than Ragnvard's had been and it was refreshing. This male didn't try to woo her with pretty words and praise.

"Is it nearby?"  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:41 pm
"It's a bit of a walk down these paths, but not very far. We can make it there, wander around a bit, and be back before the sun begins to set."

With that, Sorley began to lead her toward his forest home. It was a nice bright day today and the winds were gentle and easy. So once they began their trek between the trees, the light shone nicely through the trees and the leaves rocked back forth slowly in the breeze. He nodded and greeted those he was knew as they moved along.

"This is the area where I spend most of my time," he spoke as they approached an area with large rocks covered in plant life embedded in the ground among the trees.

"It's nice here, quiet. The forest stays warm in the night and cool in the day. This area of the pride is less densely populated than other parts."

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:49 pm
Big Hobbit
we can wrap this up here and do another if you like? Gosh she's being forward

"Oh that sounds very nice." It had been a while since she'd taken a stroll with anyone and she was really starting to feel 'at home' around this Sorely, it was starting to stir emotions within her that had been long at rest, or rather forced to rest. She was bound and determined to avoid another 'Ragnvard' incident, at least if she could help it. "It's very lovely around here, and it reminds me a great deal of my old home." Thoughts drifted back towards her old pride, the one she'd left behind to come here after her children and their father.

"This might be too forward, but it's really lonely back at my den and it's already almost time for the sun to set. Maybe I could just stay here and watch it with you?" What was she doing? Her younger self would have smacked her in the head. He already knew she'd had children once so it wasn't like she was an amateur, but in reality she really was. The only lion she'd ever been with was Ragnvard, and that was once and it had resulted in 10 children. Still, she was older now and able to make her own decisions.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Big Hobbit

Astounding Loiterer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:09 pm
Needless to say, he was surprised at the lioness' request. He was thoroughly enjoying her company but fully expected to return home alone that evening.

"Well, I can't say that I'm not surprised, but I'd like to watch the sunset with you. I know a nice spot where we can see the sky better through the trees."

With that, he began to take the lioness to the aforementioned location. Sorley was glad that he decided to wander outside of the forest today. While friendly, he wasn't always the most social, but this was turning out to be a worthwhile deviation from his usual routine.

AstoriaFallen
Aw, if Sorley were human he'd be blushing! Lets do one more post after this to end

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:39 pm
Big Hobbit
<3]

She was relieved that he acquiesced to her request and she smiled, jer cheeks feeling a little warm as she was a bit embarrassed by her forward actions, but it had paid off at least.

Chuckling she couldn't help but smile at his words. "Lead the way and I'll follow. Thank you again for allowing me to share this with you." She moved along side him, but not to close, and followed him towards this spot of his to watch the sunset with Sorely.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas