Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Kitwana'antara Lands
[B-PRP] Unknown Lands (Tapiwa x Saoirse)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:16 am
User Image
It had been several weeks since her pride had all but ceased to exist; she'd taken to blaming the fairies and their mischief for the sudden and unexplained disappearances but in the end she'd been left with little choice but to find a new home. She had no specific place in mind, at least not yet anyway, and elected to meander until such times as inspiration took her.

So far she'd yet to find that muse, instead, she'd drifted aimlessly with only her trinkets for company until she had found herself in the lands of those she didn't quite recognise. At first she hadn't realised she was on the borders of another pride, but she had soon found herself deterred slightly by the guards who had sought to keep her from the depths.

...Something to do with it being risky?

She wasn't sure, nor did she press them. Instead the young hybrid sought to respect their advice, and to a certain extent their requests, so that nothing would befall them or her. It was for that reason that she found herself walking the length of the border. She had found out from these guards that she could get round their home provided she was careful and that was exactly what she now sought to do.

...Admittedly she had no idea what was on the other side but for the time being she continued. Left very much to her own devices she had begun to suspect she might be left to her own machinations, but every time she liked to think that, life had a way of reminding her that she wasn't as alone as she thought she was...

XxXPandamoniumXxX
This girl has never met the Kitwana before and doesn't know who they are. Tapiwa can say as much or as little as she would like. n_n Saoirse's going to be nice regardless! <3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:05 am
User Image

A usual day for her is making sure she checked the area and made sure everything was in order within the pride before going out to spy on others. I wasn't a very interesting job, but it definitely was dangerous. She ran the risk of getting caught and if that happened she would have to fight her way out of the predicament. Luckily for her it never came to that.

Today was no different. She checked every area before wandering towards the pride border feeling like something was a little off, but she didn't let it bother her. Those kind of feelings were always happening with her. Living in the disease pride did that to her. She had seen so many pass away and so many struggle to stay alive that it really gave her an uneasy feeling every single day. It was mainly because she always wondered who she wasn't going to see that day or the next and if her time was going to run out too.

It had been a long time, but she assumed she was immune like many others. immune, but a carrier which would make sense since she was still kicking unlike many others. Either way she counted her blessings as far as she could throw them for the time being. Nothing was permanent after all.

Tilting her head to the side, she spotted a rather colorful female wandering within the border and usually this would cause for alarm.This female didn't look threatening to her so she slowly made her way over to her making sure she kept a safe distance just in case. "Stop right there." She said in a smooth cool tone. She was the serious type after all and this always shown clearly in the way she spoke to others.

"Your treading in another pride's territory.." She relaxed her body letting her know she didn't mean any harm and even made her tone slightly more friendly. It was the best she could do.

Epine de Rose
This is going to be interesting. xD Tapi doesn't know anyone outside of the pride so..I'm kind of hoping she can make a friend. She is immune to the disease so she won't be dying off and could use a good friend.

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:10 am
She'd taken to fidgeting with her crudely created bag by the time Tapiwa had caught sight of her. As a costumer she'd been fairly good with her paws in her former pride but when she had been required to leave she'd not had much time to construct a means of carrying the limited possessions she did have. What she had managed to pull together would need to be rebuilt when she found suitably materials but for now... the thick grass bag was doing a reasonable enough job.

Nevertheless as the lioness approached her she didn't look up, continuing to nose for something in the depths of her pack. One might have assumed she wasn't going to respond at all but eventually the pink hybrid spoke in a nonchalant tone, one that seemed to imply this might very well have been her normal mannerism.

"Oh I already know that," she finally tugged a small stone trinket from her bag, one that seemed to be hung from a long piece of grass; what its purpose was remained to be seen. "But the other lions already said I was ok to follow the border so I could find my way round it and move on," she finally looked up and clucked her tongue, a mild smile on her lips.

"You're all rather inconveniently positioned around here, for an isolationist pride it would probably have been a bit more useful to have your backs to some sort of wall or something," she mused. "But at least you're a reasonable sort of pride," she added and carefully positioned her pack back around her neck. "So long as I keep away from whatever you folks are protecting it's all good," she shrugged.

"Not a terrible instruction to follow," she conceded and shook her head. "I'm not disrespectful enough to ignore it."

XxXPandamoniumXxX

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:13 am
She believed the mare for the most part since most lions didn't just wander stupidly into another territory without facing the consequences. Well maybe some did, but it seemed like she was wandering for a different reason. She seemed lost and a part of her wanted to ask why. It would probably be the most interesting part of her day and that was saying a lot.

She was content knowing she was going to stay along the border and content knowing she wasn't going to harm her. She didn't feel threatened, so she moved closer keeping a close eye just in case she drifted inward a little too much. "It's good that you are well informed then..and yes..you would think that would be the best course of action, but..maybe don't come looking for our pride. Some..just seem to stumble upon it I suppose.." She mentioned as she noticed the small bag she carried with her. It was convenient. She thought of having one as well, but never got around to actually finding one.

"I didn't mean to come off as a brute or rude..I don't really speak with others often especially those outside of the pride..I don't want you traveling too far inside or it could be dangerous for you in more ways then one." She was being honest and felt a little bit better knowing she didn't willingly lie to her about how safe the area was.

"You seem either lost or looking for something.." She could notice a small hint of sadness in her eyes. It wasn't easy to see, but she had been around so much sadness before so she knew how to spot it. "If you want to talk..I have time..not a lot of time, but some.." She relaxed and laid down on the ground near her giving her space to herself.

"My name is Tapiwa..but you can call me Tapi for short." She thought the least she could do was be civil.

Epine de Rose

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:52 am
So there was something hidden in the core of the pride but based on what the lioness had said, it wasn't something that the hybrid should have exposed herself to. Perhaps it was nefarious, or maybe it was more innocent, but Soairse had the decency not to press the darker female on it. Alas, if only both of them had known that hybrids were categorically immune to the illness within the pride then the story might have been somewhat different.

"Oh I'm not lost," she finally spoke and shook her head. She wasn't lost in the general sense of the word, she hadn't been attempting to find a specific place after all. However she did have to concede that in the wider sense she probably was lost, she'd just lost her home after all and what was familiar to her had now parted from her.

...In that respect she was trying to find something.

"I'm Soairse," she replied and smiled just a touch. "And I'm not really lost or trying to find anything specific," she admitted. It wasn't a well kept secret or something that she needed to take to her grave, the loss of her home was merely a fact of life on this occasion.

"My pride fragmented," she explained and rolled her shoulders in a loose shrug. "So I've decided to take the plunge and uh... Go for a wander, see if I can't find an alternative to it. You know?"

Tapiwa probably didn't know, if she'd been here her entire life then she was unlikely to know what it was like to be without a place to call her own. Loss though? Well that was something she probably did know about even if Soairse was entirely unaware of it...

XxXPandamoniumXxX

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:38 am
She was grateful to hear the female wasn’t lost because that was one of the worst feelings and she had been there many times to know. “I’m grateful you are not lost..it’s not a good feeling especially when you are in unknown lands.” She nodded trying to reassure her a bit even if she knew she didn’t need it. She rose to her feet and looked around seeing that the day was getting later and there was a small shill to the air. It didn’t bother her though. She enjoyed the conversation. It was a rare treat for her since she kept to herself most of the time.

She nodded when she heard the female’s name and listened to her speak before she said something that really saddened her. She didn’t think it would impact her in such a way. She didn’t know what it felt like to lose something like that. She didn’t know what she would do if it happened to her or where she would even go. Even if she wasn’t close to others within the pride, she felt like she was part of a family and if she needed help they would be there for her. If the pride disbanded, she wouldn’t know where to go.

“I’m sorry that has happened to you.. You seem to be handling it pretty well. I don’t know what I would do..” She would offer her to join, but a part of her didn’t want to ask. It wasn’t that she resented the pride. She wanted the female to make her own decision instead of forcing something upon her. “I hope you find a place that you feel welcome in. I haven’t been in this pride my entire life..I found it not too long ago, but I can’t see myself without it now..” She mentioned and began to walk towards the border.

“I..don’t normally speak with others outside of the pride..” She was being honest even though she didn’t speak with others in the pride either unless she had to. “If you need a friend or a shoulder to lean on..you can always find me here..even if you have to ask a guard to come get me. I will come. I’m a bit loyal like that.” She stated and even if it was their first meeting she felt like Soairse could rely on her.

Epine de Rose

XxXPandamoniumXxX

Fandom Supporter

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:09 am
"It was..." The hybrid tilted her head to the side as she tried to find a way to describe her pride. Where she had come from had been in decline for quite some time and given she had been so young, she hadn't bonded with the land quite as much as others may have.

"It was unavoidable for everyone," she said finally and smiled. "Our home had reached a point in its life where living there was impractical for each of us," she clucked her tongue. She didn't know where the others had gone, not even her own siblings, though she hoped they were all well. Perhaps in the future she might encounter one or two of them but given the sheer size of this world it seemed that it would now be down to chance rather than an intentional visit!

"Most simply went their separate ways, they sought out a new home and other places to perform," she explained. As a costumer, she'd not yet mastered her art; apprentice at best she still had much to learn before she could be regarded as something worthy of respect. As it stood, the young hybrid didn't necessarily think her skill set fit anywhere at the moment.

"But I really do appreciate it," she added, acknowledging her new found friend's offer. It would be nice to know that if nothing lay beyond here, she could always make her way back for another visit. The rogue life had been quite quite and that by extension had made her feel a touch lonely. There was something to be said for pride life, even if you didn't participate in every conversation there was always some form of buzz that let you know you weren't the only one in the universe.

"What made you stay here, if you don't mind me asking?" she asked. If the lioness hadn't always been here then she did have to wonder what had convinced her to stay in this particular location. It seemed that each creature she met always defined 'home' differently and some of what they looked for when choosing one could be unusual to say the least...

XxXPandamoniumXxX
I'm so sorry I never got this quote. D:

[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces