Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:00 pm
User Image

It hadn't been long since he had asked Otea to become his wife and she had said yes, to say he was beyond delighted to call himself a married man was a bit of an understatement. Nothing in the world could bring him down and he was certain that he couldn't be any happier than he was in this single moment.

Having just finished with some daily tasks he had decided to seek out the pale yellow lioness that was his own personal ray of sunlight. When he was around her nothing else seemed to matter. Though, he could grow concerned if he was worried for her safety or her feelings, but other than that he was a different lion because of his love for her.

A beat in his step he finally saw the pale figure, the sunlight dancing across her fur as he approached with a broad smile. "How are you doing today? Are you hungry or anything? Some of the hunters had just brought back a nice kill not long ago."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:49 pm
AstoriaFallen

The world was a whirlwind. One moment, Hari had asked her to be his, and the next, the two had begun to share a den and a life together. Everything was happening so fast, and rather recently, Otea had begun to feel a little different. She had felt like it before, but it had been quite some time. She was with cubs. It was too soon for her to show to another, but she just knew.

The lioness had a glow to her pelt, as her eyes seem to shine even brighter. What would Hari think when she told him the news? Perhaps she should wait? But, would that be fair?

Otea hummed, seeing her green love approach from his finished duties. She met him halfway, her neck stretched to nuzzle the thick mane. "Oh, I am doing just fine. I am glad you are home." She purred, ears perking at the mention of food.

"I am quite ravenous, actually." She giggled. "It's hard eating for more than one sometimes." She let the words drop with a small smile, curious if the male had understood their meaning.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:29 pm
KasaiLoki

Pleased to hear that she was quite well he nuzzled her in return and took a moment to take in her sweet scent and let out a breath with a light hum. Truly nothing could be better than this moment; or so he thought. Dusty brown bangs brushed across his face in the light breeze as he stood there with her, the seconds seeming to spread out like minutes. It was amazing how time could be affected by one's mood, though the way they dragged out wasn't an annoyance to him, it was bliss. While the council meetings that he had to sit through seemed to drag on for an eternity, quite un-blissfully.

It had been some time since the tragedy had struck the lands and her parents had been taken from her. For a time he thought she might not recover from the shock that was dealt to not only herself, but to many of the families that lived within their lands. Yet here she stood, as radiant as the day he had first met her.

"Hopefully there aren't too many ravenous lions such as your-" The rest of her sentence finally sunk in. She had said eating for more than one. Ears flattened for a moment as the weight of what she was saying sunk into him and his face went from mild shock to complete and utter joy.

"Otea, does this mean. Are you? Are we?" Suddenly he seemed at a loss for words as he stared at her, his bright blue eyes shining.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:13 pm
AstoriaFallen

Otea's smile widened as her comment seem to go over the male's head. But, just as if the lights were turned on, there was the realization. She couldn't help but laugh softly as the look of confusion went to shock to joy.

She nodded, still beaming towards the green male. "I don't know how long it will be...but I can just...feel something...." She should go see a healer for a check-up once she had begun to show more. Otea was a pro when it came to litters. She had two large ones in the past, after all.

"You are going to be a father," She whispered to the male, a purr echoing from her form.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:37 pm
KasaiLoki

His world seem to explode in that moment, he moved close to her and hugged her tightly. "I love you so much Otea." The phrase slipped from his lips in a warm whisper almost, while she knew how he felt about her he was just so full of love in this moment. "I can't wait for us to tell the kids." Referring to her adult children that were still within the prides boarders.

Was it just him or was he suddenly standing a bit more taller, proud of his growing family, he was just beyond words. "This makes me so much happier than I thought I could ever be." While her children might not ever call him dad, he would be whatever type of Father the needed him to be and had decided to treat them as if they were his own flesh and blood. Any family of Otea's was a family of his. That was how he felt anyway.

"A Father." Eyes moist with tears that would not fall he blinked the liquid back and shook his head.

"We must get you fed though! We can gush about the news while we walk." Truly he was too excited to eat anything now but she must be hungry indeed if she had a whole kit and caboodle in there.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:45 pm
AstoriaFallen

Oh... oh! She hadn't thought of telling her kids. Who was still around? Aoife, Soren for sure? Where there others? Kanoro had gone missing, and a frown couldn't help but tug at the corner of her lips as she thought about her eldest son of her second litter. She couldn't let those thoughts enter her mind. This was a reason to celebrate! Kanoro...he'd be found one day.

"You're such a big softy," Otea joked, batting at the male as his eyes started to well up with joyous tears. "Just wait until they arrive. You will probably end up being mush." Ah, newborns. She was excited to see them! She willed time to go faster.

"Where did the hunters leave the meal?" Just as if her stomach had ears, a rumble from it growled. "I think they are hungry too," she laughed, waiting for Hari to lead the way.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:30 pm
KasaiLoki

The more she spoke the more real it became and his heart was so full that he would cherish this day for all days to come, though the birth would likely be the grand finale of moments he would tuck away for years to come. "You're probably right. It makes you wonder how I ever became a Council member." Laughing he gave her a wave of his paw and began to lead the way for them. "I believe they brought down a Zebra AND an Antelope, there were quite a few hunters trailing kills so I guess we'll see once we get there."

He hadn't been close enough to see what exactly they had been, so it could have been an Okapi for all he knew. Still, food was food and he was going to deliver her to it or catch her something himself. "How many do you think are in there?" Glancing towards her still small belly he could only imagine the lives that lay within.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:42 pm
AstoriaFallen

Otea licked her lips at the mention of the two prey beasts that were captured. "Both sound oh so tasty." She grinned. She could eat the entire antelope with her hunger right now. Perhaps she shouldn't have waited so long to eat.

"Let's go then!" The pale female grinned, starting to walk.

She hummed at the next question. "I don't know. It's early to tell you know. Maybe in a week or two we can go to a healer," she had never spoken to a healer in her previous pregnancies, but the world was changing. Perhaps they could help delve into the unknown.

"Or, we can just be surprised when they come." Ultimately, Otea was most comfortable with that route. She would still see someone to make sure everything was okay for the duration.

"We lost so many in the chaos...this can be the change the pride needs. New life, new beginning...right?"  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:47 pm
KasaiLoki

Just by watching her reaction he knew she was probably hungrier than ravenous.

Padding along side her he gave a nod of his head. "Diora would be a great choice I think!" She was actually the only healer that he had ever actually talked to, while Hecate was around, he hadn't seen that lioness since before the disaster struck. Diora had been right there in the very heart of it and he admired the dedication she had to making sure other's were well taken care of.

"Surprises are okay with me." Though he would like for her to get seen by the healer before they arrived, to make sure everything was okay.

"Yes, after so much sadness, this pride needs some joy brought back to the lands and I think this new life will be just what it needs." Giving her a small nudge as they walked along towards the food he could smell it getting closer.

"I think we're just about there."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:17 pm
AstoriaFallen

"Diora?" Otea questioned. She had heard the name before, was she wasn't sure if she had actually met the other. "You will have to bring me to her soon." There was no need to now. She would probably tell Otea what she already knew.

"As long as they are healthy." She couldn't bear to think of the cubs being unhealthy. With what the world had gone to these last few months, Otea would be disheartened if her future children would be part of the chaos.

"ohhh yes!" Otea grinned. Her steps quickened to quickly overtake Hari, as she hurried towards the carcasses the hunters brought in. "Race you!" She could still have some speed to her steps. Her belly didn't cause too much of a disruption of her daily activities. Soon, she would be wobbling about, but for now, it was as if life was normal.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:57 am
KasaiLoki
Fin

"She's a very good healer, from what I've seen anyway." He would be sure to introduce the two of them soon, though now wasn't the time.

Giving a smile he knew that as long as the kids were healthy and happy, everything would be alright, no matter what happened.

When she took off in front of him, he laughed and chased after her.  
[IC] Pridelands

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games